The Six - WLA
10668 W. Pico Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90064Neighborhood:
West Los Angeles
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Six - WLA
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thesixrestaurant.com/six/
- Phone: (310) 837-6662
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Six - WLA
The Society of Six was an influential community of six artists in Northern California during the 1920′s prohibition era. At their cabin, known as “The Chow House,” these six closely-knit artists enjoyed creating art with their home-made meals, brews and wines. The Six, established in 2010, was inspired by the “Society of Six” and in its honor we have created this rustic American experience to share unpretentious cuisine that is appealing to everyone. We have brought to our neighborhood a cozy atmosphere that is affordable and accessible to everyone. The restaurant’s décor is built using primarily recycled materials. Classic cast iron skillets and rustic wood planks are often used to serve our delicious locally sourced fare. Our streamlined menu emphasizes the concept of “six”; choose from six exciting starters, six savory entrees, six red wines, six white wines, six brews on tap & six desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Six - WLA - Best Restaurants in West Los Angeles ›
The Six - WLA reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
great for brunch (14)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (11)good for groups (5)late-night find (4)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)vibrant bar scene (2)special occasion (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- No point making a reservation,they wont honor it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014This place id a dive, good for guys to hang out, or loud dinner with kids. Food is great if you want comfort food. Not a place for romance, but perfect if you want an easy earty meal. Service is " ok", place is loud, I will probably go back with bunch of guys for beer and burgers type of night.Special Features:
- A Fun FindrevdoclizDined on 10/28/2014It was great to find a gem close to home to meet my daughter for lunch! Great food, friendly welcome.Special Features:
- Ignored Open Table ReservationJerseyDined on 10/26/2014I made a reservation for lunch with my family. We arrived 10 minutes late for the reservation. I let the hostess know we all had arrived and had a reservation.- she shrugged There were at least 2 other people waiting for tables - without reservations. There was no acknowledgment of the reservation. I have eaten here before and the food is above average but not good enough to make up for the poor service. We chose to eat at a noter restaurant.
- Poor service - do not recommendtheneighborhoodfoodieDined on 10/26/2014We arrived 10 minutes ahead of our 11am reservation and were not acknowledged in a timely manner. We overheard the staff tell the lady ahead of us that even though we each had reservations, they didn't have enough tables to accomodate the # of reservations. Hmm.. what is the point of making a reservation? We waited to be seated 15 minutes past our scheduled reservation time and finally sat ourselves and waited another 10 minutes for the menus to be dropped wordlessly at our table (now 11:25). We finally were spoken to when the waitress asked for our order. Food was wonderful, but we will not be returning because of the poor reservation management and service. A simple greeting and update would have done wonders for our experience.Special Features:
- Small but funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014Small place but very accommodating. Great friendly staff willing to please. Food is amazing.Special Features:
- Too noisySandyjkVIPDined on 10/12/2014We were unable to stay long because the noise level was deafening! Nice to be so popular on a Sunday brunch/lunch time but it was unbearable to us.
- Not great, but not anyone's faultArissabrightVIPDined on 9/28/2014Sad to report an underwhelming experience at this restaurant. They were busy when we got there, with only two people handling the entire bar and all tables. Tho we had a reservation we waited about 10 min to be seated and another 25 to place any orders. We ordered drinks and food all in one shot and the food came out before our drinks. The servers were apologetic but also had that "what can you do" shrug going on--they were slammed. The restaurant was VERY loud. Hard to carry on a conversation. The grilled peaches were really delicious, two other dishes we ordered were good, and one was just OK. Prices were fine, about what you'd expect for LA brunch. Overall, nothing truly offensive happened but we won't be going back.
- Hidden GemErie23Dined on 9/19/2014This is a very cool place in the middle of busy West L.A. There service is fabulous, and the food and wine are great. We ordered the smores dessert, which was not hot, which was disappointing. I gave only 3 stars for ambiance, because my friends and I were seated in the back, right next to the kitchen, which also shares the back entrance, and created a lot of foot traffic around us. Also, our table was directly under the A/C, which was uncomfortable. It's a small place, so I wouldn't advise for big groups.Special Features:
- Great Food Good ServicejayceeDined on 9/13/2014The food was delicious - I had the quinoa and chicken salad - and the service was great. This was not my first time there and it won't be my last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Brunch!TheSastleDined on 8/31/2014Yummy brunch options, huge portions, cute little vibe, and bottomless mimosas! what more could you want?!Special Features:
- JayHGDined on 8/25/2014I am glad this place is not too formal, but still a nice place. I will definitely come back wih friends. Loved my burger and sweet potatoe fries. One thing, though, the mac and cheese fritters were too hard. They should be cooked just golden brown. Mine were too dark and crispy and mac and cheese is supposed to be creamy, even when it's fried...lol! Other than that, in Arnold's best and most ominous voice.........I'll be back!!!!Special Features:
- Great Find!alwayshungryDined on 8/23/2014Picked this spot for a briothers & sisters family get together dinner on Saturday. Everyone was very pleased. There were 7 of us, tables open up just as the last person arrived. Although busy, the waitress was very friendly and attentive. Food came out quickly and no complaints from anyone. The appetizers- peach salad, mac & cheese fritters, tuna tartar, and brussel sprouts were all devoured quickly. Entrees were bleu cheese burgers, braised short rib, pot pie, salmon, chicken and halibut. Plates were cleaned. Delicious desserts were key lime pie, butterscotch creme brulee, and banana creme pie (which was free since I checked in on Yelp). Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 39 reviews are from the The Six - WLA reviews archive.
- Enjoyable brunchBananieVIPDined on 7/5/2014We made last minute decision on going to brunch one morning and we thought of The Six. Very nice people, great service and the prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Poor experienceluv2eatVIPDined on 6/28/2014This was my first time at The Six in WLA, we are frequent diners at the Calabasas restaurant and have gone to the Studio City one many times. We were 9 adults, once we ordered our food and received it, we were completely ignored, no one asked if we needed anything, had to ask for fork etc. since there weren't enough settings to go around. We ran out of water, really disappointing experience. We did enjoy our food, but will probably not go back to the WLA restaurant.Special Features:
- Great placeNHFoodieDined on 6/15/2014The food was awesome and the service was very friendly. It is small so you may miss it if you are not looking. The wait for our food was a little long but well worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot how great this place wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/9/2014Hadn't eaten here in a while except for ordering pizza to go. Went for a friend's birthday with a large group (9 of us) and everyone thought the food rocked. Also, the service was really good -- none of the bad "big group" dynamic you sometimes have with a big group. Recommend the kale salad with fried skinless chicken. Deelish!Special Features:
- Food was good, but our serverdeedvVIPDined on 1/31/2014Food was good, but our server was way too busy playing on her phone and chatting with other staff to take care of us. I had the smoked trout salad which I thought was bland, but my coworker loved hers. The Brussels sprouts and fried pickels were a hit and the risotto was excellent. I would go back if they can get their service in order. oh, and the deserts are BOMBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service attentive.MarionDined on 11/13/2013Food was good, service attentive. Comfortable place for lunch and well-priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cut in halfOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/6/2013Fan of the waffle sliders? Now they come with only two waffles cut in half to make two sliders. Two thirds of the meal for the same price. Really?Special Features:
- Not your parents type of restaurantcindy805Dined on 6/16/2013Too loud. Wasn't great for Father's Day. They gave my dad a free beer. They were out of short ribs on Father's day (from the day before) They forgot to put in my order for fries (it was ok, probable didn't need fries anyway)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diana the server MAKES this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/16/2013I normally go to The Six in Studio City but I thought we'd give this location a try for brunch instead. Boy am I glad we did! While they dont have a patio & their space inside is set up more like a hipster bar... they have superb service from Diana & from their kitchen. Diana is a gem! I will be back for bottomless mimosa brunch because of her! She never let my glass get too empty. She always had a smile & great conversation to go along with it. The kitchen was fantastic, getting our special requests just right. The food was out of this world, even better than Studio City. The cooks always had a smile & a hello when you walked by & while this location is smaller it has Diana and a great kitchen who make this spot rock on Sunday brunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy, lively, and unpretentiousjtm83VIPDined on 6/2/2013I love this joint because its close to my home, not pretentious (staff or patrons), and the food is always up to par with what I expect. The prices aren't outrageous and its good portions (not too big or too small). Service is great and they take reservations via OpenTable! What more could I ask for? (I would add that its not the most romantic spot so don't use it for a proposal, but definitely a good time spot!)Special Features:
- Everything was greatFoodieVIPDined on 5/18/2013The Food was all great. There was a good selection so that dieters and everybody else was happy. Interesting beer selection. Burger was great. The service was amazing. The food came out quickly as well as very attentive and fun staff.Special Features:
- Another great meal at The SixLaRubiaVIPDined on 5/11/2013Love the Kale Caesar, loved the short rib sandwich, hated that our waiter had friends in (or had some other reason that he spent an inordinate amount of time with that table across the way) and forgot stuff like water. But we'll be back!Special Features:
- Cool vibe, but the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013Cool vibe, but the food was just average at best. We were hoping for better.Special Features:
- I went for brunch on a SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2013I went for brunch on a Sunday for the first time this weekend. The dining experience was positive and our waitress was friendly and very helpful. I can't wait to go back and try out other dishes!Special Features:
- Although the menu is limited,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/2/2013Although the menu is limited, what food is served is very good. Our server, Nicole, was very good and didn't miss a beat during our meal. The Six is small, and quaint for two or twenty. The wine and brews list will not disappoint. Great brews on tap.Special Features:
- Excellent hamburger, greatCRM1VIPDined on 3/31/2013Excellent hamburger, great beer. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Casual friendly place withCRM1VIPDined on 3/27/2013Casual friendly place with excellent food and draft beers on tap.Special Features:
- The food was very good anddonnerlVIPDined on 3/23/2013The food was very good and somewhat different from the usual brunch fare. There were a variety of people there -- from couples to groups of friends, but I did not see any children there. My only criticism is that our water and mimosas were not filled without us flaggin someone down and asking. (I can understand the restaurant slowing our mimosa pace, but we really did need water!) I would definitely go back, for the food and the ambiance. Great place to meet up with friends.Special Features:
- Great attentive service. DeliciousBeingVIPDined on 3/17/2013Great attentive service. Delicious trout, beet salad.Special Features:
- My first time at The Six andPhyllisVIPDined on 3/17/2013My first time at The Six and really liked it. It feels like going to a friend's house for dinner. The food feels homemade (a good homemade) and the atmosphere is very warm and friendly. The banana cream pie is a must. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- The waiters were awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013The waiters were awesome. I made a 9-person party reservation for a sunday brunch. I came earlier for a quick meeting with a client and had no problem finding a table without reservation. When it was time for my party to come, the people at my meeting joined the group with no problem. They have an 1 hr and 30 min limit for brunch with bottomless mimosas but allowed my first table to continue our bottomless mimosas with our new table, which arrived 45 min. later. We had a blast. I'll definitely come here again. Any requests we had, they were happy to oblige.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Dining ExperienceDonnJulieVIPDined on 3/11/2013We had a very nice Monday night dinner. Their Monday and Wednesday night specials are great.Special Features:
- When it's full, the noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/24/2013When it's full, the noise level is EXTREMELY loud.Special Features:
- The Six is a poor replacementDining101Dined on 2/24/2013The Six is a poor replacement for Jack Sprat's. Everything was just so-so with the exception of the noise level, which was ear-splitting. Next.
- Good service, very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Good service, very friendly staff, but the food was mediocre. Everything sounded and looked delicious but tasted subpar. Dishes were mostly plain and unexciting despite the use of many ingredients. Turkey sloppy joe sliders were the best dish.Special Features:
- Waitress was wonderful.....serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013Waitress was wonderful.....service was great....and food was delicious! Thank you so much for accommodating our large party!Special Features:
- dinela lunch menu was a winner.gbuckyDined on 1/28/2013dinela lunch menu was a winner. noise level was loud but luckily we came at 2 so crowd was thinning out. Will be back for the onion soup for sure and beet salad.
- So sad.HungryHippoVIPDined on 1/27/2013I'd bet a week's pay that our server was still intoxicated from the night before. Nuf said.