The Six - Studio City
12650 Ventura Blvd
Studio City, CA 91604Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Six - Studio City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thesixrestaurant.com/six/
- Phone: 8187612319
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Six - Studio City
The Society of Six was an influential community of six artists in Northern California during the 1920′s prohibition era. At their cabin, known as “The Chow House,” these six closely-knit artists enjoyed creating art with their home-made meals, brews and wines. The Six, established in 2010, was inspired by the “Society of Six” and in its honor we have created this rustic American experience to share unpretentious cuisine that is appealing to everyone. We have brought to our neighborhood a cozy atmosphere that is affordable and accessible to everyone. The restaurant’s décor is built using primarily recycled materials. Classic cast iron skillets and rustic wood planks are often used to serve our delicious locally sourced fare. Our streamlined menu emphasizes the concept of “six”; choose from six exciting starters, six savory entrees, six red wines, six white wines, six brews on tap & six desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Six - Studio City reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (3)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (2)romantic (2)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)fit for foodies (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- What a great find!TeatimeDined on 6/21/2014The food, service and drinks were amazing. 9 of us for dinner on a Saturday night on the patio. We could actually hear each other. A totally enjoyable evening at The Six!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Six..DeglickDined on 6/18/2014First time at this restaurant and definately not my last! The Food was so good and our waitress was so nice and really catered to our needs. I look forward to dining here again soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 40 reviews are from the The Six - Studio City reviews archive.
- Nice!MiraVIPDined on 4/28/2014I really liked that place, one of my favorite now. Food is delicious, deserts are amazing. The surprise party went just right. I appreciate the crew help. The table was located at the right place for a surprise dinner for my bff! Thanks guys, and I will definitely come for your breakfast now one day ;)Special Features:
- Nice brunchBab66Dined on 3/9/2014We were a group of six with kids. It was very comfortable, the food was excellent and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISE WAS UNBEARABLEEmilyVIPDined on 3/4/2014Six of us met for lunch. It was so noisy that it was impossible to talk. The best part was walking outside to quiet. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Great Frist ExperiencetravelbugDined on 3/1/2014The staff was lovely, the ambiance was great and the food fantastic. Would absolutely recommend this restaurant and eat here again. You have to read the story behind the name :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow servicestephDined on 2/22/2014i have now been to both the calabasas and studio city locations and they both have unbelievably slow service. you should not have to ask for a second drink or have your water refilled.Special Features:
- fun but very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/16/2014We had fun and food was good, however i very loud so if you want to chit chat - this is not the place for you...Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2014This was not our first time dining at The Six but it may be our last. We sat down and it took 15 minutes before our server arrived to take our drink order, it took another 15 before she arrived with my warm glass of Chardonnay and to tell my friend they were out of the wine she ordered. 20 minutes later she came back to take the food order. The food was mediocre all around. The chicken was dry, salads were bland and half the table received their food 10 minutes before the other half. We asked 5 people for a diet coke before finally calling the manager to complain at which point he offered dessert we didn't want and no other concessions. Not a good night for The Six.Special Features:
- Not quite greatAdamVIPDined on 12/31/2013Been here 3 or 4 times, and I always feel like something is lacking from this spot. The menu is "hip", with all the requisite beet/burrata and Brussels sprouts dishes. Execution is workmanlike but not artistic, and sometimes heavy handed. Service is hit and miss. We went for an early NYE dinner with a bunch of kids, and our waitress did just enough to stave off mutiny at the table from the little tyrants. But we had to ask 3 times for bread, and a wine snafu kept one guest without drink until halfway through dinner. In closing, The Six is probably worth a try if you're in the neighborhood, but it's not top on my list of places I need to go back to soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch needs helpCarlyVIPDined on 11/24/2013Last time I came for Dinner it was fab. Brunch wasn't huge disappointment. Service is always lacking here but this lady was clueless Food was bland and we ordered waffles first they came out with our order sent back and they returned the same plate to us at end of meal cold. Got about a drop of syrup with them too so wierd. Will not be back
- Girls Night OutLilyDined on 11/11/2013Awesome....Great food...Good friends....friendly and helpful servers and wait-staff...they had a large round table in the patio with heaters which is perfect for conversation with a group of 10... I've been there 3 or 4 times before and never been disappointed!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2013Great service and wonderful food. Good value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for diverse food preferencesDavidDined on 10/25/2013Had a family birthday dinner at Six recently. The patio is good for groups. The menu has options for just about everyone. The wait staff service can be somewhat inconsistent though the busing staff was very attentive. All together a good evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheFabulousSixGreatPlaceDined on 10/9/2013Would go back again soon! Food was fabulous! Service was amazing! Wine Wednesday is a great touch too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food and great energyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/23/2013I am a huge fan of Six, everytime I try to try something new , but I usually stick to my favorites. I went to SIX recently for my birthday dinner - looking for great place for groups, reasonably prices to fit everyone's budget, and a fun atmosphere. We ended up sharing everything so we ordered lots of items and WOW! The chicken and waffles, kale ceaser, leek risotto, pumpkin pizza, sloppy joes, steak frites and short ribs were all outstanding. All the desserts rocked as well. Corkage fee is $15 which is great when you are picky about your wines ;-) SIX was always a place I liked, but now it's one of my favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio, ok foodRachel77Dined on 9/21/2013I'd go to this place again for a drink or appetizer to sit out on the patio, but not for dinner. The atmosphere was great but the food was just "eh"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasedKimberK19VIPDined on 9/19/2013This was a last minute reservation. We didn't know what is available in the area. Some are vegetarian. Everyone was happy with everything!Special Features:
- TOO HIGH ON YOUR CORKAGE FEE.SIECEDined on 8/17/2013CONSIDERING THE PRICE FOR YOUR FOOD, THE CORKAGE FEE SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN 10.00 A BOTTLE.Special Features:
- Loved the patio, love WineOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/26/2013Loved the patio, love Wine Wednesdays - 1/2 priced bottles. Nice small plates and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to rave aboutMobydougVIPDined on 6/20/2013This was our second time at The Six. I would recommend sticking with the hamburgers. Two of us at the table ordered the Seared Ahi Tuna and we both felt it was just fair. Totally bland with very little flavor and just plain boring. It sounded great on the menu, but in reality it was blah. One of us had the burger and as usual it was excellent. The atmosphere was nice in the patio. I must say the peach cobbler for dessert was pretty good. Very comforting and homemade feeling. I like the place you just need to stick to what they do best, burgers, fries, salads and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it may have been an off night.jbnudellDined on 6/13/2013it may have been an off night. the fries were recooked and reheated, but the steak was nicely done.... the chicken and waffles: the chicken was passable, but the waffle was cold and when a new one came (the servers were quite nice)... it was too dense, doughy and tasteless. the banana dessert seemed like it too had been around too long.
- Niiiiiice!!FoodieSchmoodieDined on 6/8/2013Great menu. There were 4 of us for lunch and we all ordered something different. Great foodie/seasonal menu and everything was beautifully presented and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OFF-KILTEROpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2013We tried 5 items and they were all bad...sorry.. turkey sloppy joe was so salty and overly sweet.. kale salad was overdressed, poorly assembled wtih 3 half tomatoes... for $12? the chicken and waffles didn't make sense... so much mediocre chicken and one little nondescript waffle...There is a lingering gas smell in your patio too bad since the space is great. We wanted to like this place.. The staff was sooo casually dressed with midriff showing. We were very confused. The place just didn't seem to take their business seriously. $55 later for 2 terrible simple meals made it a culinary regret. We're the type to tolerate a lot if the food is worth it.. there is simply no reason to visit this restaurant and spend hard earned money.Special Features:
- Like this restaurant for casualrgzspickVIPDined on 5/24/2013Like this restaurant for casual dinner with the chicken pot pie excellent. Their pizzas are also worth trying. Friendly service and a nice large patio complete the picture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIce Simple & SolidKatandRichVIPDined on 5/11/2013The Six is an interesting idea, 6 entrees, 6 appetizers, 6 specials, etc. They serve beer and wine and they have a decent selection. It's easy because the selection is narrow, but broad flavors. Most everything on the menu is good and their brunch is very nice as well. The patio has a new cover adn they continue to make improvements. Good Stuff..Special Features:
- Lovely spot!donnerlVIPDined on 5/4/2013I had been to The Six on Pico and had a good time with girlfriends, I met a couple other friends at The Six in Studio City. The food was very good and the restaurant much prettier than the one on Pico but it was the service that was extraordinary. Our waitress was patient and sweet and efficient. I'm afraid she has set my expectations for all future visits to The Six very high. :-DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive food and great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2013Inventive food and great atmosphere. I am giving them a 4 on food because I thought for the most part it was very good, I wasn't in love with the mussels but everything else our party had was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some seriously yummy offeringsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/23/2013Restaurant only takes reservations for 6 or more, though Open Table site accepts reservations for two. Food here is beyond yummy. Mostly recommend the Turkey burger sliders which are like turkey burger sloppy joes. They are in fact beyond yummy. The tacos are crazy good and their juicy burgers are mouth-watering. Definitely go for the s'mores dessert, it will make your dance buds sing. Not as much a fan of the key lime pie which I should feel should be lighter and not as dense. The braised rib sandwich is another yummy offering. The Chilcken Caesar on kale was just okay. So why five stars? The sliders, the tacos, the rib sandwich and the s'mores dessert are seriously addictive. The staff is super congenial and they pour a good drink.Special Features:
- Really great food! The sweetAngelaDined on 4/7/2013Really great food! The sweet potato fries are to die for. It was a little loud but everyone was having a good time. We were actually politely kicked out due to a wedding shower being booked. I feel like they should have seated us with a bit more wherewithal on their part.Special Features:
- Love the play on six platesMChaseDined on 3/30/2013Love the play on six plates for each portion of the menu. The food was really fresh and full of flavor. Our group shared all the food and everyone enjoyed each dish.
- Could be CoolOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/24/2013The place has potential. The food is average/good. Sign is hard to read/see. We went there for Sunday Brunch, 10:30 a.m. There were only 3-tables including ours at the time. I ordered waffles from the brunch menu, but was told they were not serving them because the cooks didn't like making them. Shortly there after the table a few feet from ours was served waffles. Not good. The bottomless mimosas were their saving grace, although there was no price on the menu. Had to ask the server and he wasn't too sure about the price either. It made me feel like they were just going to charge us whatever they wanted.
- Yum and knit store adjacent too!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/21/2013This was the third time I'd been to The Six - the first was an impromptu lunch with a girlfriend after being at the knitting store next door. The food is wonderful. The mushroom pizza is fantastic and their desserts! Holy moly! The S'More dessert is really fab. My favorite for sure. I'm looking forward to coming back with my husband for dinner one night.Special Features:
- We went to The Six for SundayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/3/2013We went to The Six for Sunday brunch with a Travelzoo deal. It took a few minutes to get seated, and service was a bit spotty (had to ask for silverware), but the food was excellent. Their mimosas were very strong, but still tasty. (Watch out if you're driving!) The haystack and omelet were both delicious, although the gravy provided with the haystack was pretty bland. I'm glad it was on the side. Overall worth the trip to Studio City!Special Features:
- a sure bet for a get togetherOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/23/2013a sure bet for a get together with friends. Easy to share entrees; lots of fun with an attitude (spiced just right).Special Features:
- The food here was decent,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2013The food here was decent, but my waffle was soggy. Everyone else at the table seemed to enjoy their items. The portions are small for the cost. The atmosphere was great though, and so was the service.Special Features:
- The patio stunk of propaneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/7/2013The patio stunk of propane gas, not a pleasant smell when trying to eat. The food was not good. The Brussels sprouts were swimming in water and grease. The salmon cakes were so fishy the were unedible. The only thing that was edible was the pea risotto. Overall very poor
- Get the Beets!DarstcoachVIPDined on 1/31/2013Great new addition to the Valley!! The beet salad was off the charts, and everything else was really good. Really down to earth and casual, yet hip.Special Features:
- The Six burger was wonderful,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/30/2013The Six burger was wonderful, tasty and huge!!! however, the $15 lunch deal was not a 'great deal' from a money point as separately the items we chose would have been within a $2 difference only, The soup bowl is a bit on the small sample size of things. My friend had the beat salad, very tasty but again a small portion even thean appetizer. The service was great and attentive. Parking can get tricky. I am not sure if i was given my 10o points for this meal on the 'open table' account.Special Features:
- Just had lunch there for theKarynSFVIPDined on 1/28/2013Just had lunch there for the first time the other day. Wonderful place! Very, very good food. I will be back!Special Features: