The Six - Calabasas
23536 Calabasas Rd
Calabasas, CA 91302Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Six - Calabasas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thesixrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8182226969x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30 am - 5:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - ?
Sat/Sun 10 am - 2 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Cater off site private parties with mobile pizza oven and full catering utensils and equipment for any size event.
- Private Party Facilities: Three rooms that can be reserved for private use.
- Private Party Contact: Marcus Sumner x
A word from The Six - Calabasas
The Society of Six was a group of innovative Northern California artists who came to prominence in the 1920s, during Prohibition. At an Oakland cabin known as the Chow House, the six closely knit painters held heated discussions about the state of the art world, fueled by home-cooked meals served with home-brewed beer and wine. The Society of Six and their passion for art, food and wine inspired us to create a new Six, an American rustic restaurant concept with traditional, unpretentious fare. The Six has a cozy, neighborhood vibe that is affordable and accessible to singles, families and business-people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Six - Calabasas - Best Restaurants in Calabasas ›
The Six - Calabasas reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (29)vibrant bar scene (25)good for groups (22)hot spot (19)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (10)special occasion (8)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (6)romantic (4)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Saturday night at The SixEat2MuchDined on 10/11/2014We went to The Six to celebrate our anniversary with our grown kids and my parents who were in town visiting. Food was very good, service was excellent, but although we weren't expecting a quiet evening, it was nearly impossible to have a conversation except for the person directly next to you. I'll know next time to expect the noise level.Special Features:
- Nice for an early brunchOtherbarryDined on 10/5/2014Got there right as it opened. Missed the parking lot at first and was a bit taken back by the fact the valet did not take my car or offer to park it as he had done and was doing for other guests. Yes, my car is old and I probably dont look like I belong in Calabasas but that should not matter. We parked the car and headed over. The place looked dead as it had just opened. We were a bit confused by the casual and sloppy outfits of the hostesses. At first the server was short with us and had no info on the travelzoo voucher we had purchased. He did not explain about the mimosas or any additional charges. The menu was short but you could tell it was high quality food with a lot of detail. The portions were great and I found the prices fair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodkathyVIPDined on 9/28/2014Different and great food. Pleasant atmosphere. Good service. Portions are small. Best fries ever!! Each fry was crispy.Special Features:
- Great As Always!PorschegirlDined on 9/16/2014From the pretty blonde hostess with the genuine, warm, caring smile, to Christina (sp?) our server -- outstanding, five star service! We had our favorite drinks to request again - an Appletini and my Stolle - cucumber/jalapeno, lime juice, w a little St Germain -- Up… Haley made it perfectly last time. Christina said Ashley was working today and gave the request -- it was PERFECT!!! I mix my own so I'm so picky and they did a great job, not too sweet, just the perfect balance! The food was delicious and this time we tried the turkey sliders -- very spicy and yummy! that is going to be our "go to" place in our neighborhood. So far one happy experience after another!Special Features:
- Fun Night OutQuintusDined on 9/12/2014I had a great time here. Seems like a great place for locals or anyone having to eat in or near Calabasas. The bar scene is very energetic with several good looking mature people. The food is good and the portions are generous. Lots of energy and fun all around. Not a great place for a quiet meal. Perfect for groups or dates where an atmosphere is desired.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gourmet PubLucky13VIPDined on 9/6/2014Extremely attentive staff was part of the many surprises found in this extremely comfortable setting with gourmet pub faire. From a beet salad appetizers to inventive cocktails through a terrific barramundi and excellent banana cream pie, everything exceded expectations. Nothing was prepared exactly as you thought it would be. Service was really amazing. Staff seemed enormous, considering the restaurant's size. But it was an active Saturday night for sure. Food took its time coming out, which was extremely appreciated. A fun, relaxing time for all.Special Features:
- food disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/1/2014food is disappointing - not much in quantity for each plate, also average taste. The environment is good though.
- Gluten FreeMaciegirlDined on 8/30/2014Great gluten free pizza and flatbreads. Also has Tito gluten free vodkaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brussels sproutsJayZeeDined on 8/30/2014This place has the best Brussels sprouts anywhere in LA, hands down! Also, they make a killer a Mule. They add mint to the concoction so it really kicks it up a notch. Great ambiance and good service. It is a very loud place though, so don't come for a quiet evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back!JoanDined on 8/22/2014I went to the Six with 5 of my friends and it was awesome. The cauliflower was the best. Our meal took a while and for that the Manager came and apologized to us and offered us free dessert. We had not even complained about waiting. Superior customer ServiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Six - Going DownhillOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014We were excited about The Six coming to Calabasas. We've had dinner there six or so times. We liked it. It was nice to finally have a decent restaurant with a different menu come to Calabasas. However, as with all restaurants that come to Calabasas The Six has made the mistake of taking the Calabasas crowd for granted. Same basic menu, limited choices, basically, boring food. 'Hip' they're not. If you're into the bar scene, have at it. Maybe better for lunch...?
- Loud, Hot Scene, Good FoodLuv2DineVIPDined on 8/16/2014Recommend. Don't recommend if you want attentive service, want to hear conversation at your table, bill you don't have to review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jmo23Dined on 8/15/2014nice location, delicious food, excellent service, great restaurant overall.Special Features:
- Food was goodluv2dineDined on 8/14/2014We arrived just on time for our reservation. There were no parties before us and we checked in. The hostess got two menus and the phone rang. Instead of showing us to our table, she answered the phone. The call was less than a minute, but we were a little put off. We were escorted to a table in the dining room in between another table for two, and a booth set for two, which could hold three (both of which were empty). We asked if we could have the booth and we were told that it was for larger parties (there were other booths and tables open). Again, not horrible and probably their policy, but it put us off a bit again. Our waitress was great, and the food was good, although my wife was served the wrong entree. They did give us free pie.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014I ordered the short rib grilled cheese. My first sandwich arrived as if I'd ordered BLACKENED GRILLED CHEESE. Seriously, it was BLACK from being so burned. It took forever to get anyone's attention, until finally I saw the hostess. She was apologetic and gracious. My customer then sat with her salad graciously waiting for my new sandwich to arrive. That was awkward. The new sandwich arrived, with a plate full of the old fries from the first plate--so they were cold and hard. It took forever to get drink refills. Our waitress couldn't have paid less attention if she tried, and it wasn't like it was that busy. Don't think I'll be going back here. EVER.
- the sixterryDined on 8/13/2014interesting concept and very busy for a wednesday night and very noisy. hanger steak a little chewy but pizza was quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful!disappointedVIPDined on 8/10/2014From the moment we were seated it was awful! No one came by our table for at least 20 minutes. When the waitress finally did come by she couldn't be bothered. Took 10 minutes to get the drink order and when the food was delivered they brought me something I didn't order. We will never go back!
- BoadieDined on 8/2/2014Nice restraunt, friendly service, lots of energy. As the night went on it for louder, and darker. Hard to see our food ! Could use some table lighting. They tried to seat 6 of us at a booth, beware ! The booths are for 4. No way u can for 6 people AND 6 people's food. Glad we moved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vibrant Dining in Calabasassas75VIPDined on 7/29/2014I have been to The Six a handful of times now in the past month and I really love this place. Their appetizers are outstanding - we usually order several appetizers and share them. The roasted brussel sprouts, fried cauliflower, short rib tacos, ahi tuna lettuce cups, and flatbread are just outstanding. Every appetizer on the menu is perfection. I did get the asian cobb salad and was not crazy about it. Otherwise this place is really fantastic!Special Features:
- My serviceLovethefoodDined on 7/27/2014I made reservations for 6 . The food was excellent out server was an Australian lady that was terrible. She came over to the table to ask if we were ready to order or needed Something only when we were in conversation. She recommended dishes that had certain ingredients that were specifically told to her we didn't like. A nice server asked if we wanted him to take pictures and when she saw him doing it she took the camera and took one shot and walked away. She was in no way a good people person. Very annoying. It would not be a top choice to go back to due to our server. I would however tell someone how great the chef's were. My food that I finally got was so delicious..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphereFearsome1foodieDined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed our dining experience. The food was all very good. Try the Brussel sprouts and truffle fries for sure. I had the salmon for my entree, very good. My husband liked the fish tacos. For dessert try the banana cream pie or the berry fruit cobbler, both delicious. Only critique was the noise level. We were a group of 5 and had to scream at each other from across the table in order to hear our conversation. We would go back though, maybe it's quieter in the back of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid but not remarkableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014Everything was fine. No issues but no sizzle either. Solid effort with the menu width. Service was efficient. Room was cool. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/10/2014This was the second time in less than a week that we ate I here, and It was great both times! My only small complaint is that it is a little loud to try to hold a conversation with your friends, but the food it sooooooo worth it! Great addition to the Valley area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Dinner OutOma2014Dined on 7/5/2014This restaurant I will definitely go back to. The food was great - I did not care for my dessert (fresh doughnuts) tasted "old". The only reason I gave the service a four star is that I felt a little rushed to order, our apps came pretty fast and dinner. I would not order the apps the same time as the dinner :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai Chicken Salad at brunchnelleDined on 6/29/2014Had the Thai Chicken Salad on the Sunday brunch menu... VERY disappointing... NO ( maybe one-half ounce) of chicken ! It was almost all cabbage and a few peanuts. For $ 15.00 for this salad, felt totally ripped off. Others in my party not pleased either...someone had a dish with turkey sausage and she could not find the turkey sausage in it. Put some protein in your dishes.... First time there...will never go to this place again nor recommend it.
- The following 69 reviews are from the The Six - Calabasas reviews archive.
- First visit to The SixHikerValVIPDined on 6/23/2014Enjoyed my first visit to The Six. Took my boyfriend's daughter out to celebrate her 21st birthday. Enjoyed the food, drinks, friendly service, and cool ambience. Started with mac and cheese fritters for an app, and the large bite size portions were nice and crispy on the outside and soft and cheesy on the inside, and served with ranch and a BBQ type dressing; they were very tasty, and I only wish they served more (think there were five 'fritters'). We then shared one of their pizzas- the BBT - With bacon, basil, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella - also very good. The birthday girl ended with a small serving of the 'S'mores torte, which she also enjoyed. Look forward to sampling more of the food and drink menu soon!Special Features:
- So-solafoodieDined on 6/21/2014A bit disappointing. Appetizers were good, especially the 6 cheese macaroni bites. Pizza was soggy, but ingredients were good. We had issues some of our entrees, and but our server disappeared. We finally had to call the hostess to complain. The owner showed up and was very hospitable. Offered to get us something else, but we had a movie to catch. He sent us some desserts on the house which was very nice, but they weren't very good. I would give it another try at some point.Special Features:
- Enjoyable Father's DayJCCWDined on 6/15/2014My husband and I and our children went to The Six for Father's Day Brunch. The food was very enjoyable and unique to The Six. Service was excellent and it was a very enjoyable day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, average food and poor serviceYummytummyDined on 6/11/2014Burger looked juicy but was actually dry and tasteless. Our waitress, Misty, was wearing what smelled like petuli oil. It overpowered the smell of the food and gave us a headache. I was conflicted... she rarely came around and even though we needed service, it was better that she stay away. Won't go back or recommend.
- Food was Good, Very LoudOPfoodieDined on 6/10/2014It was a fun place to go, luckily we sat in the Front room which was loud but better than the back room which is Really Loud. The food was very Good, the service was fair but its definitely a place to be seen. The first time we went I had the Cheese Burger this time we shared a White Pizza and the Roasted Chicken both were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSuzyDined on 6/7/2014Unfortunately the service was awful, our starters arrived with our main dishes!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/24/2014Service was not good. Order was served incorrectly. Forgot birthday. Staff didn't appear to talk to one another. Restaurant was not busy, so no excuse.
- Very noisy, not enough staffOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/23/2014Waited forever for the drinks to arrive. The server did her best to accommodate but it was out of her control. Food was very good.
- Great Food, But LOUD!littleharmVIPDined on 5/23/2014We have been to The Six three times. Two times were on a weekend when it's ridiculously loud. I had a sore throat when we done eating just from trying to have a conversation. Food, however, is very good. Roasted Mary's Chicken is moist with a delicious flavor. The burgers are huge and delicious. Parmesan Truffle fries...yumm! Onion rings are thin and crisp. Mac and Cheese Fritters? Great! Mushroom Tapenade Pizza also very good. We were always too full for dessert :-) Service is usually really good but was a little slow last night. The next time we decide to eat at The Six, I think we will try for a weeknight to save our hearing.Special Features:
- The 6 restaurant in calabasasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014The food is terrible. The service is even worse. The waitresses are terribly unfriendly and have no idea what they are doing. Took 40 minutes to get a glass of wine from the bar and they still made us pay. We will NEVER GO BACK. AN AWFUL PLACE.
- Inconsistent but cool spotEatWellDined on 5/20/2014As with most places in Calabasas, The Six is priced a little high for what you get. The menu choices are somewhat limited, which i often find a good thing as they focus on what they are best at. This was my second time here, but the first time was a little better. It was a mid week night, i had made a reservation and still needed to wait about 10 minutes for a seat in the dining room. I ordered a steak with sweet potato fries. Got a luke warm steak with regular fries.This one seems as though it was cooked about 20 minutes before I got it. No sense sending it back to have it reheated and then over done, so i just went with it. Looked around and many tables had ordered their White Pizza. if you want a steak, this isn't the place.Special Features:
- micheleDined on 5/19/2014We had our third dinner at the Malibu Pier last night. It is a gem. We dined while watching and hearing the waves crashing along the Malibu Pier. But the best part is the food. Everything is farm to table, delicious, fresh and interesting. One dish was better than the next -- everything tastes great. It is our new go to place. I want to share it with all our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Calabasas restaurant!NiksreviewDined on 5/14/2014We have seen so many restaurants come and go in that location but I think this one is here to stay. Food is great and the bartender introduced me to my new favorite cocktail, the east side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to Calabasasluv2dineDined on 5/14/2014I enjoyed it for a business dinner several months ago and my wife just went with a group of her girlfriends and they loved it. Great brussels sprouts & fries! Cool atmosphere, service was ok.Special Features:
- Fun!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014Great food and best drinks in town. Make sure to try the "Calabasas Heat"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.