52 Church Street
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sinclaircambridge.com/
- Phone: 6175475200x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Mid-Day Bites 3pm-5pm Daily
The patio is first come, first served and while we try to honor all requests, we do not guarantee outdoor seating.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Please visit our website and check out the calender to plan your next dinner and a show at The Sinclair.
A word from The Sinclair
The Bowery Presents brings you The Sinclair, a live-music venue and American kitchen with gastropub influences. Located at 52 Church Street in the heart of Harvard Square, The Sinclair possesses timeless American influences and embodies how the worlds of food and music influence each other.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Sinclair reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)great for outdoor dining (27)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (21)vibrant bar scene (17)hot spot (14)late-night find (12)great for brunch (11)special occasion (8)romantic (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- Pretty good overallOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014I was with a large group and it was busy that day but the service seemed a little slow but not awful. I foun the food overly saltySpecial Features:
- Great food, Great venueAdamIcculusDined on 9/29/2014We had friends visiting from SF, CA so we decided to do a night out at The Sinclair. We had tickets for the performance that evening, so we made plans to show up earlier and have dinner there too. The food was delicious. We ended up splitting a couple of plates and everyone was pleased with their choices. I would recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:
- Fun outdoor dining 4 a nice eveningKMcWriterVIPDined on 9/26/2014The wait staff were nice and accommodating. The outdoor space kind of felt "hidden" and fun (we didn't even know it was an option until they suggested it, and when we walked upstairs, we were wowed). The outdoor space has the same feeling as Daedalus (also in Harvard Square). The drinks were yummy; the food was pretty good. I'd definitely go again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014I was oinly able to eat fries!!!!! food was nasty wt*!
- Horrible ServiceVjprattVIPDined on 9/16/2014Two friends and I ate at the Sinclair prior to a concert at the adjoining venue. Arrived one hour prior to showtime; restaurant was less than a quarter full upon arrival. The waitress was very slow. She ignored us for so long that we had to call her over to the table to order drinks. She then was so slow returning to the table to take our food order that we had to flag another waitress for help.The food also took forever to come out of the kitchen. We finally got our food (burgers) 45 minutes after being seated. We also ordered a kale salad ($10), that was so ridiculously small - a mere handful of greens - that we complained. The manager comped two drinks and the kale salad from the check, but that didn't compensate for the bad experience.
- Good spot to stop for a BiteBostonKid13Dined on 8/31/2014Stopped here with my girlfriend last week around 6pm. The place was completly empty save for us and we were served right away. The food was pretty good (try the brisket sliders) and was prepared quickly. I left with a full belly and wallet too because the prices are reasonable and they have a discount for anyone seeing an ART show (we were). Overall, the experience was enjoyable and I'd be happy to return to this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmedMripDined on 8/30/2014Waitress couldn't smile to save her life. She spoke so fast that we had to ask her to repeat herself twice. I was hard pressed to find something that I wanted to order on the menu. The atmosphere was lovely outside on the deck, but we learned the hard way to review the menu more closely. The two things were wanted to order they were out of already by 6 PM. Will not returnSpecial Features:
- Long wait for waitressFoodJunkiefeedMeDined on 8/29/2014There were At least three tables around me were looking for a waitress to order food and drinks. I didn't think i had to work so hard to spent money to The Sinclair. SmhSpecial Features:
- Great food - service needs helpMarieVIPDined on 8/16/2014My second time here and this time I brought 9 friends. Food/drinks were excellent as before, but unfortunately our waitress was not. Hardly came by the table to ask for refills. Service so slow she never asked for our main order after we had ordered 6-7 apps. She also never brought our dozen oysters. Food and drinks so good, I will be back but not with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad it's an option, but...JeremyVIPDined on 8/14/2014This was my first time dining at the Sinclair before a concert, and it really is nice to have this convenient option. The wait for the roof deck was around an hour, so we ate inside, but it does appear to be one of the nicer roof decks around. Three of us split three small plates and one entree. The brussel sprouts were really excellent and I would go just to eat those. We also got the buffalo cauliflower (I've started seeing this at a number of local restaurants). The buffalo sauce and bleu cheese crumbles were tasty, but the cauliflower itself wasn't crispy and didn't have a lot of flavor. The ratio of breading to pickle in the fried pickles was way off, we thought. Finally, we split the Parisian Gnocchi which was fine but unmemorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- There for show.loved the dinnerYummyDined on 8/13/2014The setting was bohemian and eclectic. A very"artsy" feel and awesome food! The drink service was a little slow but the quality of the food and the pleasant server made up for it! Best beef burger and hand cut fries just before a great show by Clairy Browne! I recommend this beautiful venue to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wouldn't recommend for food...broadstlocalVIPDined on 8/8/2014Brussels sprouts were good. Catfish special was mediocre and way too salty. Ramen dish was pretty good. Everything had way too much salt on it.Special Features:
- Apps before hitting Sinclair VenuerickandmortyDined on 7/26/2014First time diner. Made reservations for dinner before seeing Everlast Acoustic Guitar gig at their venue. Was fantastic. Great service. When I was considering what type of wine I wanted, her recommendation was exactly what I was looking for! The food was excellent and items put together that I had never had before. I love DUCK and with the waffles on the side, I couldn't have been happier. My guy had the pork meatballs which were outstanding. AND the show was right on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not dissapointDandJDined on 7/24/2014The food, service and ambience was really outstanding. The food was delicious. Large portions even though we had the "Small Plates". The service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with friendsDeeBeeDined on 7/23/2014Met three friends for dinner at The Sinclair. We had a great all-around experience and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Go for the roof deckjtuttsDined on 7/11/2014This is a great find in Harvard Square. The roof deck is awesome, very well decorated with a modern feel. We made reservations but were not able to make reservations for the roof deck. Once we got there the hostess said the wait for the roof deck was an hour and a half, but there is a bar on the roof deck we can get drinks at and wait for a table up there. That's what we did and the wait was only about 45 mins. It is definitely worth the wait. For an app we got the chips and dip and it was delicious! The chips were homemade and still warm. For our meals, I got the veggie burger and my fiance got the duck tacos. I LOVED my veggie burger but my fiance didn't love his tacos... overall though its a great place to go on a beautiful day!Special Features:
- Food Great, Service Notluv2dineVIPDined on 7/6/2014Every dish that we ordered was delicious, especially the brussel sprouts! The table next to us even asked what we'd ordered because it looked so good and ordered the same thing! The service, however, was pretty poor. She didn't want to engage with us at all, took a really long time at the end (it did get busier), but left us with a bad taste in our mouth. Many restaurants serve amazing brussel sprouts these days!Special Features:
- The following 174 reviews are from the The Sinclair reviews archive.
- Only Dine at Bar or PatiodinabVIPDined on 6/18/2014This was my second time at The Sinclair and I was eager to show off this spot to some friends. Unfortunately, it was mostly a bust. The service was poor as it took almost 30 minutes to get first round of drinks, the waitress was never to be found, and she forgot an item we ordered. The food has potential, but the meatballs came out cold and weren't great even when hot. The music inside was really loud, but had we been enjoying the experience otherwise we probably wouldn't have noticed. If I go back, it will be for drinks only at the bar or to sit on the patio.Special Features:
- Great drinks, poor foodHarvardSqfoodieDined on 6/18/2014I've spent many nights at the Sinclair having a drink with friends. Great cocktails! However, my first time sitting down for dinner was a disaster. The kitchen must have lost our order because an hour and a half later and we were still waiting for our food. Our waitress seemed to know we were upset because she avoided our table entirely during that time, only once shuffling by to mutter a quick "I'm sorry, it's coming!". My friends enjoyed their burgers, but I ordered the Parisian gnocchi, which was just deep-fried spiced dough with Parmesan cheese and a severely undercooked poached egg on top. Weirdest meal I've had in a long time. Because it's a great spot for cocktails in Harvard Square, I'll be back to the Sinclair, but never for food.
- Great option before a concertRVAnewbieVIPDined on 6/18/2014I ate at the Sinclair before attending a concert in their adjoining theater. Cocktail list was inventive, and the Sinclair burger was delicious and HUGE. There seemed to be some confusion as to whether restaurant patrons can enter the theater a little earlier than the general line - there is a separate entrance inside the bar for them, near the restrooms, but we were directed to wait in several different places by several different people. I would recommend timing your meal and check to be finished right before the doors open - which could be tricky as the food service is unexpectedly quick! But this is a really good option for dining near your concert theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MedeocreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/11/2014I was pretty excited to dine at the Sinclair. My boyfriend and I love the music venue, and I thought it would be perfect to take him there for his birthday. However, when we looked at the menu, there were very few items that looked appetizing to us. The taste combinations seemed strange, but we are always up for something new so we tried the pulled pork with kimchi and the brussel sprouts with hot peppers. All of the food was ok, but a bit weird, and nothing was great. The drink I ordered was something the bartender came up with but when I got it, it tasted woody and I didn't even want to finish it. I was very disappointed in the birthday dinner I took my boyfriend to. The concert however, was great, and we very much enjoyed it.
- Summer brunch at SinclairRickDined on 6/8/2014We had a really nice brunch on a summer Sunday. Food was superb. The DIY Mimosa spread for the table was really fun. Noise level was definitely under control -- just a low level of chatter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of oysters!HypnovistaDined on 6/7/2014We waited too long for our waitress to take our order. Placed order, then we were told they were out of oysters-this was at 8pm on a Saturday night. Outside dining looked nice, but we were seated inside near the bathrooms. Not going back.
- Good brunch, but loudAaronDined on 6/7/2014We sat outside on the patio which was great on a beautiful day. However, the speakers were cranked up making it harder to hear.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch with some great sun!brunchaddictDined on 6/7/2014It was a beautiful day for outside dining and The Sinclair did not disappoint. The seating is secluded from the busy street but still gets lots of sun and breeze. The food was amazing. The BLOODY MARY's WERE AMAZING.Special Features:
- Great food and cool atmosphereBostondiningDined on 6/6/2014The buffalo cauliflower was amazing, the Brussel sprouts were also very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient for pre-gig diningJaffawDined on 6/2/2014We ate here before going to a gig at the Sinclair music venue. We ate from the small plates menu. Some dishes, like grilled prawns, were really good; others less successful, including a strange cauliflower dish. We were advised to order 2-3 dishes each. The portions are bigger than average for small plates and unless you're super-hungry 2 each might be ample. We ate upstairs, which was quieter than the main bar area, and they have a nice roof patio.
- Great Food, Meh ServiceOf10diningoutDined on 6/2/2014Everyone here is well-meaning, but service is at times inattentive and disjointed. We arrived at 7pm and finally got our food at 8pm. In between, we had to ask 2 times for our oysters, which finally arrived lukewarm on a bed of salt, a preparation I have never seen. Also, there was no lemon or cocktail sauce. We were not looking to drink heavily, but after our first cocktail it was quite a while before our server got around to asking us if we wanted another. One other irritation: the wait staff kept cutting behind my chair, which was by a pole, jostling me. That said, the jambalaya was flavorful, the chicken was perfect, and the kale salad delicious. Come for the food but don't expect great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place, but...PeteFromNorthDined on 5/30/2014Eating at the bar was not the best place to be. Even if the staff was cleaver, we had to fight with the air conditioning blower throwing blast of air on the 4 people on the right side of the bar. Behind this, The Sinclair is a very nice place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/25/2014Great place to have dinner before the show; so convenient! Food is good, but not great. Next time we will try to just share the small plates, instead of having entrees.Special Features:
- So disappointingSiliconsisterDined on 5/23/2014Such potential. Food was almost in edible. Mac and cheese too much rosemary. Odd jalapeño flavoring in banana split. Feels like the chef is trying too hard.
- Great food, just too too longHungrymanDined on 5/1/2014We had reservations at 8 and were going to a comedy show at 9, we ordered everything at once and people who arrived after us got their good before us. The food was great when it finally arrived, (Sinclair burger and vegan tacos) but it mDe us a little late for the show and we didn't get seats and had to stand. Great food, just make sure you have time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDeniDined on 5/1/2014The food at The Sinclair was delicious. Our server seemed a little distracted and it took quite a while for the drinks to come. The wait for the food wasn't as long, but other servers brought it out. The noise level was okay, but we were on the 2nd floor and it seemed like every 10 minutes or so there'd be a loud bang, as if they were dropping dishes(?). I'd definitely go back!Special Features:
- 1st tryOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/30/2014Tried it as we planned to attend a performance at The Sinclair. We tried daily specials lamb chops and arctic char. Both were very good as was the strong draft beer--Tank 7. The wait staff were pleasant and helpful in informing us when performers would start. We didn't realize how late the acts would start or that The Sinclair theater was mostly "stand up" with very little seating. These were both disappointments and make us less likely to return for "pre theater dinner."Special Features:
- We went for the musicFineDineDined on 4/28/2014A group of us were going to see Arc Iris and decided to make things easy by also eating at The Sinclair. It was fabulous...and we will go back often. Especially when the weather warms to try out their beautiful patio. Food was fantastic, along with the service, drinks and good time. The dining experience was matched by the music venue, brilliant concert: and a truly memorable evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lively spot before a showdharr0108Dined on 4/13/2014The Kitchen is a cool place to grab a drink and a bite to eat before seeing a show at the Sinclair. The service was excellent. Drinks were well made and tasty - I really enjoyed a blood orange sangria. The food was adequate. It's the kind of place where you might have a burger, but I guess they didn't get a delivery of burgers or something, so that wasn't an option. We had decent food and really enjoyed the energy and vibe in the place. Would recommend especially before seeing a concert.Special Features:
- Bad BrunchAbbyVIPDined on 4/13/2014My husband and I went here for brunch this weekend. Clearly it is a night spot and should focus on that. Our waitress appeared extremely tired and though she recommended the pork belly benedict, when she brought it out there was no pork belly and said it was actually now a bacon benedict. My husband would have really appreciated being told that they were out of pork belly as he would have ordered something else. The egg sandwich was fine. The french toast sticks were huge and more like fried dough than anything else.
- Huge PortionsAtomcRoketDined on 4/11/2014I ordered the Kimcheesesteak from the "Entrees" section of the menu. I assumed this would be a sandwich, even though the description did not explicitly state that. When the dish came out, it was a massive portion of steak, bread, and French fries. I personally do not like fries, so would have chosen to substitute those if the menu had made any mention that fries would be served on the side. I barely ate a third of what was on the plate because it was such a big serving. It was such a waste of food and I don't understand why they make their serving sizes so large. It tasted good and I couldn't even save it because we were going to the concert downstairs. I think they should do a better job of letting people know what they are getting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two trips in one...first and lastSusanDined on 4/5/2014While the service was good, the waiter let us hang out until the doors opened for the show, and the ambience was nice, the food was, at best, below average. We had the vegan tofu croquette which was a special that turned out to be anything but special. For our entrée we had the gnocchi, everything was just mushy and little to no flavor at all. Overall it was a very disappointing experience.
- Fun with good food!LocaltoBostonVIPDined on 4/3/2014If you are going to a show at the Sinclair--this is a great place to eat. No hassles, even found parking pretty quickly. Loved the menu and there was enough choices for vegetarians. Would choose this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.