The Silverspoon Restaurant
503 W Lancaster Ave.
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Silverspoon Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.silverspoonwayne.com/index.html
- Phone: 6106887646x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch/Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Sat 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Courtney
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Catering options are available. Please contact the restaurant directly.
- Special Events: Join us for our Wild about apples dinner on Wednesday October 17th. Celebrating National Apple Month. Click here to see Chef Tims creative contemporary menu www.silverspoonwayne.com
A word from The Silverspoon Restaurant
The Silverspoon menu is seasonal American cuisine, presented creatively with market driven, sustainable and heirloom ingredients. Our hope is to provide diners with updated versions of classic regional dishes, contemporary sauces, and an enticing marriage of taste, texture and color. Not trendy, just delicious. Not extravagant, just fairly priced. We have an experienced and friendly staff and a warm bouchon atmosphere. Alcohol service is BYOB.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Silverspoon Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
The Silverspoon Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (75)fit for foodies (72)great for outdoor dining (54)great for brunch (49)great for lunch (48)special occasion (25)romantic (18)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- The SilverspoonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014It was as close to perfect as one can get........9.5 on a scale of 1-10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BlovestodineDined on 10/8/2014This was my second time to visit this restaurant. The first time was for brunch and it was outstanding, so I returned for dinner. The experience was as good as I have had in notable restaurants in Philadelphia, New York and Vegas. The food was incredible, servers knew their product and were attentive in an unobtrusive way. I will definitely go back to this great local spot.Special Features:
- A hidden gemfifiDined on 10/5/2014Discovered this spot when looking for a place to celebrate a birthday brunch with family. Couldn't have been more pleased. A delightfully homey atmosphere. The staff was warm and welcoming. The food, especially the omelets and French toast, was amazing. There were so many enticing selections that it was difficult to choose. Still dreaming of the caramelized pepper bacon. Never felt rushed even though it was a busy Sunday morning. Would recommend making reservations for a week-end brunch. Will definitely be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerGibbosDined on 10/4/2014We had a great dinner there this past weekend. The menu is not huge, but everything on it was well worthwhile. A wonderful duck special, scallops that were to die for, hanger steak and salmon were on our selection. The have a fabulous mushroom soup, and also a wonderful mushroom toast appetizer. The final yum were pumpkin donuts with caramel sauce. It's a BYOB, which makes it even better. We've been for brunch but had never had dinner. We will absolutely be back.Special Features:
- STV1Dined on 10/3/2014Great as usual - Michael's service as always was outstanding!Special Features:
- The Best In A Long WhileJR123VIPDined on 10/2/2014Outstanding evening. The service and food was the best we've experienced in quite a long time. The simple food was done to perfection. The roasted vegetables, the chicken, the special dessert. And the BYOB was especially nice to enjoy our own beer and wine. On a Thursday evening the dining crowd was small, so the noise level was just right for conversation for the four of us. Will be on our list for special occasions.Special Features:
- ServicecharlieshoreDined on 9/29/2014Great service, friendly atmosphere. Ambiance is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find in Wayne!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2014we enjoyed brunch at the Silverspoon with friends. The food and service were both excellent. The setting in the cute shopping area was perfect for a fall day. We will surely add this to our list of favorites when visiting the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charlieshoreDined on 9/27/2014Service was outstanding, waiter, host could not be any better, Food was also very good, recommend to go bak. My wife is going back on MondaySpecial Features:
- Excellent farm-to-tableOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/25/2014Enjoyed Silverspoon. I wasn't even aware of this restaurant (it's in the Eagle Village Shopping Center, and not visible from Lancaster Avenue.) Very nice, simple, subdued. The waitstaff was gracious. Food was creative without being weird. Very enjoyable, we will definitely return. Loved the butternut squash soup!Special Features:
- Yummy but pricyjillian0804Dined on 9/21/2014Mde a reservation on the fly for this place after another favorite brunch place was too crowded. It was good, but options for breakfast-y brunch foods were pretty limited. I ordered French toast with granola and peaches, but I'm pretty sure it had apples on it instead- I've never had peaches that looked or tasted like that. Still tasted good, but when I asked the waitress, she assured me I was confused. Seemed odd. I thought $7.00 was steep for bacon, but when they brought it out, it was a sharable-sized portion and was amaaaaazing. Overall, prices are high, but I guess I've come to expect that living on the main line. Not in a huge rush to come back, but would return if someone else wanted to go there.
- RichDined on 9/20/2014We always enjoy our evening when we go to Silver Spoon. The food and atmosphere is wonderful, and the service couldn't be friendlier or better. RichSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic meal!Dollymama58Dined on 9/19/2014As usual, the chef at Silverspoon comes up with flavors that tempt the palette . The staff is very friendly, like you have been invited into their home. I highly recommend this BYOB. Thanks for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ml2dineDined on 9/16/2014Great evening. Service was outstanding as always. Food was very good but not yet at the outstanding level. Have dined here many times and always found it a wonderful treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaisygirlDined on 9/16/2014Silverspoon is a hidden gem on the Main Line. It's small enough to be intimate and the food is good enough to save a trip to the city. The bacon and fries are worth the risk of cardiac arrest!Special Features:
- great brunchanna15Dined on 9/7/2014This was the 3rd sunday in a row I went to brunch at the silver spoon. it is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable and deliciouscormac7VIPDined on 9/5/2014great local BYOB with reliable delicious food and friendly professional service - well crafted menu items, and reasonable portions that allow you to have salad or appetizer, main course and desert, without regrets. enough variety and originality to keep it interesting, but still comfortable. we go at least every few weeks.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Was just OK, would not go back. Service great, but small portions and nothing special.
- Business LunchLucky16Dined on 9/4/2014Wonderful atmosphere for a business lunch. The truffle fries are a MUST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieQSusieQDined on 8/29/2014Tucked away among charming shops, this gem has a French farmhouse feel, with delightful staff and excellent food. Never had a bad meal here.Special Features:
- A Nice SurpriseGoodVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went on a Sat Night and it was very good, the food excellent. Our waiter was a bit out of it, but that was OK. It is a farm to table restaurant and everything was very fresh. No complaints. Not even the dittzy waiter (maybe it was his first night). We will definitely go there again for dinner. We have been going there for lunch and like that-it is vibrant, good food, nice little neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great meal as alwaysDevonDinerDined on 8/19/2014I have never had a bad meal here....and frequent the place!Special Features:
- Still great!marshapetVIPDined on 8/14/2014REALLY great lunch, brunch. Been going almost every week because of it. The bacon is outrageous. I always enjoy the portabello omelette too! Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and DeliciousEatprayloveVIPDined on 8/13/2014Had a lovely girls night out dinner here. Service and ambience was excellent. Lots of food choices. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice venues,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We had a tasty lunch, very fresh and appetizing. Great choices on the menu. Waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu - just a nice place overall. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great food....my favorite BYO:)AnnieDined on 8/5/2014Lovely, casual restaurant for an excellent dinner w husband, friends or girlfriends!Special Features:
- Lovely spotTSA1Dined on 7/27/2014Food is outstanding. Service has been outstanding all 3 times I have visited. Great care is given in the preparation and fresh ingredients are key here. Outdoor patio is really nice in a pretty shopping center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!marshapetVIPDined on 7/24/2014What a GREAT lunch we had. The carmalized bacon is unbelievable , omelet was so good too! Can't say enough good things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutIrishgurl10Dined on 7/23/2014Wonderful spot to meet friends. Food was very fresh and service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Very nice first tripSillymeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Dinner was great- enjoyed braised rabbit special and BLT soup. Husband got scallops that he said were delicious but entree was a little small for him. Luckily I had plenty of mine to share! Would go back - byo is a huge plus.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!SusieQDined on 7/18/2014This little spot has a terrific feel to it, much like a French farmhouse. The staff is friendly and attentive, and the food is consistently terrific. It's also in a lovely low-key shopping village with one-of-a-kind stores. A delight all around!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceChesterbrookSlimDined on 7/18/2014I took my there for an early anniversary dinner on a beautiful summer evening. It was our first visit to this restaurant but the reviews I read were encouraging so we decided try it. We dined on the daily specials and were well pleased. Our meal started with a green bean tempura appetizer followed by an exquisite cucumber soup. Our main course was a rabbit dish. We finished with a very pleasant peach and berry cobbler. All the food was very good and well presented. The service was attentive without being intrusive. All in all it was a wonderful experience and we will return.Special Features:
- Impressive!BlueberryReviewDined on 7/16/2014Went online to find a place to brunch restaurant that would be impressive to an out of town visitor.....SCORE!Special Features:
- AliceDined on 7/11/2014This was another wonderful dinner at Silverspoon Restaurant. Three of the four of us tried the "deconstructed' eggplant parmesan entree which we all thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:
- Never disappointsMinimumVIPDined on 7/5/2014Creative food, always changing and always delicious. Warm atmosphere with friendly service and lovely summer patio.Special Features:
- mary p.maryp22Dined on 7/5/2014Wonderful dinner during the 4th of July weekend. The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. Silverspoon is one of my very favorite restaurants on the Main Line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dinner experienceVickyVIPDined on 7/5/2014Had lunch here a couple times which was delicious because the menu was so fresh and innovative. Thought I'd try dinner which was very disappointing. The spinach salad was totally overdressed. I do not eat meat, but do eat seafood, but both seafood dishes offered had bacon in them. I was told the sauces were made in advance so could not remove the bacon. No option was presented to me to just sauté the scallops or fish and just serve it with butter and lemon-simple enough. Notified the restaurant in advance that my husband was vegan, but no alternatives were presented for his dinner. We both had the pasta which was good, but we came here for their creativity which was lacking that evening. I would go back for lunch though.Special Features:
- Always a Great ExperienceLoyalDiner7313Dined on 7/1/2014Excellent service and delicious food have defined my numerous experiences at Silverspoon. Care is given to making the menu interesting, local, and fresh. I have visited for brunch, lunch, and dinner. My wife and I had our wedding rehearsal dinner here and the staff could not have been more of a pleasure to work with. This restaurant consistently delivers, which is a reflection of the entire staff's commitment to excellence. Michael, a server, is absolutely top-notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2014We chose the Silverspoon as a birthday brunch celebration and were not disappointed. The decor is lovely, the ambiance was relaxed and friendly, the food delicious and the service beyond gracious. We were thoroughly catered to and look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SearchingDined on 6/28/2014Since it's summertime, rush in a taste their amazing cold soups. Beautifully presented and even more beautiful on the tongue. With the doors open onto their patio, the dining room noise level was subdued and conducive to conversation.Special Features: