The Silverspoon Restaurant
503 W Lancaster Ave.
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Silverspoon Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.silverspoonwayne.com/index.html
- Phone: 6106887646x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch/Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Sat 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Courtney
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Catering options are available. Please contact the restaurant directly.
- Special Events: Join us for our Wild about apples dinner on Wednesday October 17th. Celebrating National Apple Month. Click here to see Chef Tims creative contemporary menu www.silverspoonwayne.com
A word from The Silverspoon Restaurant
The Silverspoon menu is seasonal American cuisine, presented creatively with market driven, sustainable and heirloom ingredients. Our hope is to provide diners with updated versions of classic regional dishes, contemporary sauces, and an enticing marriage of taste, texture and color. Not trendy, just delicious. Not extravagant, just fairly priced. We have an experienced and friendly staff and a warm bouchon atmosphere. Alcohol service is BYOB.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
The Silverspoon Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
The Silverspoon Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (76)fit for foodies (66)great for outdoor dining (57)great for brunch (55)great for lunch (52)special occasion (21)romantic (18)good for groups (12)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Yummy but pricyjillian0804Dined on 9/21/2014Mde a reservation on the fly for this place after another favorite brunch place was too crowded. It was good, but options for breakfast-y brunch foods were pretty limited. I ordered French toast with granola and peaches, but I'm pretty sure it had apples on it instead- I've never had peaches that looked or tasted like that. Still tasted good, but when I asked the waitress, she assured me I was confused. Seemed odd. I thought $7.00 was steep for bacon, but when they brought it out, it was a sharable-sized portion and was amaaaaazing. Overall, prices are high, but I guess I've come to expect that living on the main line. Not in a huge rush to come back, but would return if someone else wanted to go there.
- RichDined on 9/20/2014We always enjoy our evening when we go to Silver Spoon. The food and atmosphere is wonderful, and the service couldn't be friendlier or better. RichSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic meal!Dollymama58Dined on 9/19/2014As usual, the chef at Silverspoon comes up with flavors that tempt the palette . The staff is very friendly, like you have been invited into their home. I highly recommend this BYOB. Thanks for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ml2dineDined on 9/16/2014Great evening. Service was outstanding as always. Food was very good but not yet at the outstanding level. Have dined here many times and always found it a wonderful treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaisygirlDined on 9/16/2014Silverspoon is a hidden gem on the Main Line. It's small enough to be intimate and the food is good enough to save a trip to the city. The bacon and fries are worth the risk of cardiac arrest!Special Features:
- great brunchanna15Dined on 9/7/2014This was the 3rd sunday in a row I went to brunch at the silver spoon. it is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable and deliciouscormac7VIPDined on 9/5/2014great local BYOB with reliable delicious food and friendly professional service - well crafted menu items, and reasonable portions that allow you to have salad or appetizer, main course and desert, without regrets. enough variety and originality to keep it interesting, but still comfortable. we go at least every few weeks.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014Was just OK, would not go back. Service great, but small portions and nothing special.
- Business LunchLucky16Dined on 9/4/2014Wonderful atmosphere for a business lunch. The truffle fries are a MUST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieQSusieQDined on 8/29/2014Tucked away among charming shops, this gem has a French farmhouse feel, with delightful staff and excellent food. Never had a bad meal here.Special Features:
- A Nice SurpriseGoodVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went on a Sat Night and it was very good, the food excellent. Our waiter was a bit out of it, but that was OK. It is a farm to table restaurant and everything was very fresh. No complaints. Not even the dittzy waiter (maybe it was his first night). We will definitely go there again for dinner. We have been going there for lunch and like that-it is vibrant, good food, nice little neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great meal as alwaysDevonDinerDined on 8/19/2014I have never had a bad meal here....and frequent the place!Special Features:
- Still great!marshapetVIPDined on 8/14/2014REALLY great lunch, brunch. Been going almost every week because of it. The bacon is outrageous. I always enjoy the portabello omelette too! Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and DeliciousEatprayloveVIPDined on 8/13/2014Had a lovely girls night out dinner here. Service and ambience was excellent. Lots of food choices. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice venues,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We had a tasty lunch, very fresh and appetizing. Great choices on the menu. Waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu - just a nice place overall. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great food....my favorite BYO:)AnnieDined on 8/5/2014Lovely, casual restaurant for an excellent dinner w husband, friends or girlfriends!Special Features:
- Lovely spotTSA1Dined on 7/27/2014Food is outstanding. Service has been outstanding all 3 times I have visited. Great care is given in the preparation and fresh ingredients are key here. Outdoor patio is really nice in a pretty shopping center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!marshapetVIPDined on 7/24/2014What a GREAT lunch we had. The carmalized bacon is unbelievable , omelet was so good too! Can't say enough good things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutIrishgurl10Dined on 7/23/2014Wonderful spot to meet friends. Food was very fresh and service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Very nice first tripSillymeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Dinner was great- enjoyed braised rabbit special and BLT soup. Husband got scallops that he said were delicious but entree was a little small for him. Luckily I had plenty of mine to share! Would go back - byo is a huge plus.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!SusieQDined on 7/18/2014This little spot has a terrific feel to it, much like a French farmhouse. The staff is friendly and attentive, and the food is consistently terrific. It's also in a lovely low-key shopping village with one-of-a-kind stores. A delight all around!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceChesterbrookSlimDined on 7/18/2014I took my there for an early anniversary dinner on a beautiful summer evening. It was our first visit to this restaurant but the reviews I read were encouraging so we decided try it. We dined on the daily specials and were well pleased. Our meal started with a green bean tempura appetizer followed by an exquisite cucumber soup. Our main course was a rabbit dish. We finished with a very pleasant peach and berry cobbler. All the food was very good and well presented. The service was attentive without being intrusive. All in all it was a wonderful experience and we will return.Special Features:
- Impressive!BlueberryReviewDined on 7/16/2014Went online to find a place to brunch restaurant that would be impressive to an out of town visitor.....SCORE!Special Features:
- AliceDined on 7/11/2014This was another wonderful dinner at Silverspoon Restaurant. Three of the four of us tried the "deconstructed' eggplant parmesan entree which we all thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:
- Never disappointsMinimumVIPDined on 7/5/2014Creative food, always changing and always delicious. Warm atmosphere with friendly service and lovely summer patio.Special Features:
- mary p.maryp22Dined on 7/5/2014Wonderful dinner during the 4th of July weekend. The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. Silverspoon is one of my very favorite restaurants on the Main Line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dinner experienceVickyVIPDined on 7/5/2014Had lunch here a couple times which was delicious because the menu was so fresh and innovative. Thought I'd try dinner which was very disappointing. The spinach salad was totally overdressed. I do not eat meat, but do eat seafood, but both seafood dishes offered had bacon in them. I was told the sauces were made in advance so could not remove the bacon. No option was presented to me to just sauté the scallops or fish and just serve it with butter and lemon-simple enough. Notified the restaurant in advance that my husband was vegan, but no alternatives were presented for his dinner. We both had the pasta which was good, but we came here for their creativity which was lacking that evening. I would go back for lunch though.Special Features:
- Always a Great ExperienceLoyalDiner7313Dined on 7/1/2014Excellent service and delicious food have defined my numerous experiences at Silverspoon. Care is given to making the menu interesting, local, and fresh. I have visited for brunch, lunch, and dinner. My wife and I had our wedding rehearsal dinner here and the staff could not have been more of a pleasure to work with. This restaurant consistently delivers, which is a reflection of the entire staff's commitment to excellence. Michael, a server, is absolutely top-notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/29/2014We chose the Silverspoon as a birthday brunch celebration and were not disappointed. The decor is lovely, the ambiance was relaxed and friendly, the food delicious and the service beyond gracious. We were thoroughly catered to and look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SearchingDined on 6/28/2014Since it's summertime, rush in a taste their amazing cold soups. Beautifully presented and even more beautiful on the tongue. With the doors open onto their patio, the dining room noise level was subdued and conducive to conversation.Special Features:
- Silverspoon is our new fav spot!foodieDined on 6/28/2014What a find! Silverspoon moved into Eagle Village (near Peppercorn) and has continually impressed us. Chef Tim (a CIA Chef!) is amazing...whether you have the lamb Risotto, Chicken falling off the bone or Halibut with Spring Veges it will impress all your friends. We dined there for our anniversary and had an amazing foodie experience. The flavors ! the food was cooked to perfection. I will be back there for lunch this week! Dont miss this one!Special Features:
- located in strip mallNYCPHLVIPDined on 6/28/2014Had some trouble finding the place as did not realize it was in a strip mall. Vegetarian burger made with chick peas was awesome. Although better to eat it with a fork and knife as it is difficult to keep together.
- Always great all around!MargieDined on 6/25/2014Food is creative and very well prepared; service is excellent; and the restaurant is charming!Special Features:
- Understated BYO delivers great foodSparklingDragonflyDined on 6/18/2014We chose this restaurant for.a casual dinner with friends because of its location and BYO status. We were very pleasantly surprised by the sophisticated nature of the menu items - the goat cheese dumplings were delicious, as was the BLT soup! The pan seared Sea Bass was perfectly cooked with a crunchy golden brown crust and moist interior! It was fabulous. Our friends enjoyed the steak and pasta very much! The service was excellent but not intrusive. We had a wonderful time and will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingPickyEaterDined on 6/17/2014I have brought guests to this restaurant on several occasions and always found it pleasant dining, convenient to my home, reliable, and happily byob. This time our female server was overly perky, did not fill water glasses, commented on my menu choice (I don't need to be told it's "perfect"). My food was cold, and when I snagged someone to fix it was promised a new order. Instead I got a microwaved repeat, not much warmer. The pecan tart was overly sweet even to my sweet tooth. All of this focused me on the small portions for the price, which I had been willing to ignore previously.
- BerwynFoodieDined on 6/14/2014It was our first time at this restaurant. We were rather impressed by Mike, our server. He was attentive. If you desire a nice quieter place for dinner with conversation, this is not it. The noise level is too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The "Whole" duck was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. The menu was very imaginative. Lastly, the BYOB policy allowed us to bring a much higher quality of wine than we would have had in a normal restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!KillickVIPDined on 6/12/2014Love this restaurant! Favorite place to eat on the main line, hands down. Menu is interesting, food is amazing and the service is always top-notch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!montyDined on 6/10/2014We were looking to try a new BYOB without having to go into Center City Philadelphia. We came across this restaurant during an Internet search and decided to give it a try. What a nice surprise! The food and service were wonderful. We would recommend getting the mushroom soup - it was terrific. Our appetizers were delicious and very innovative as were the entrees. We are thrilled to find a such a high caliber BYOB in the suburbs! We can't wait to find an excuse to go back!Special Features:
- VEP2Dined on 6/10/2014We went for brunch at 10:00 on a Tuesday. For most of the time we were the only patrons, as if we had a private room. the waiter, therefore, was quite attentive, but not overly. A lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.