The Silverspoon Restaurant
503 W Lancaster Ave.
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Silverspoon Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.silverspoonwayne.com/index.html
- Phone: (610) 688-7646
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch/Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Sat 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Courtney
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Catering options are available. Please contact the restaurant directly.
- Special Events: Join us for our Wild about apples dinner on Wednesday October 17th. Celebrating National Apple Month. Click here to see Chef Tims creative contemporary menu www.silverspoonwayne.com
A word from The Silverspoon Restaurant
The Silverspoon menu is seasonal American cuisine, presented creatively with market driven, sustainable and heirloom ingredients. Our hope is to provide diners with updated versions of classic regional dishes, contemporary sauces, and an enticing marriage of taste, texture and color. Not trendy, just delicious. Not extravagant, just fairly priced. We have an experienced and friendly staff and a warm bouchon atmosphere. Alcohol service is BYOB.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Silverspoon Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (78)fit for foodies (70)great for brunch (47)great for lunch (46)great for outdoor dining (44)special occasion (20)romantic (13)good for groups (11)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/18/2014My friend and I were seated immediately, thanks to reservation. The place was packed at lunch time. Our waiter was excellent. The menu needs to be expanded. There were a lot of omelettes, a few sandwiches, two soups and some salads. Needs more light fare choices and perhaps a side salad instead of potatoes or chips. However, our lunch was very good, especially their apple cider. There is a decent amount of space between tables. Considering the crowd the noise level was acceptable. I'd go back, for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeInnaVIPDined on 11/16/2014We went for Sunday brunch at 3 pm. The food was good and came fast. At 4 :30 they dimmed the lights a few times, so we got up and left. It should have been made clear that the restaurant closes at a certain time, but it was not; some of us travelled for an hour to get there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of the bestDavtrevinaDined on 11/9/2014The owners did the impossible starting with a small eat in take out store and relocated to create this top of the Mainline experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lunch/Brunch placeGrchDined on 11/8/2014Good Lunch/Brunch menu. Good salads and omlettes. BYOB.Special Features:
- DaisygirlDined on 11/5/2014Silverspoon continues to be a favorite for lunch and dinner. And it's a BYOB! Because I come often, I wish the menu was more varied. Perhaps they could have a daily special or two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!waynefoodieDined on 11/5/2014Great service and menu. Try an omelet for lunch. Bacon is so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic brunchVirgil1Dined on 11/2/2014We've come here 3 times for brunch, and each time as been great. The French Toast is not to be missed, especially with the chocolate & bananas. Even the most innocuous seeming omelette on the menu is tasty with a subtle but rich flavor, and the eggs are never dry. We've also enjoyed the hash, several sandwiches, and those amazing mini-donuts for dessert. But the real standout of the menu is the caramelized pepper bacon... words cannot describe, but I'll try. Sweet but not cloying, with heat but not too spicy, and the strips are thick and substantial with just the right amount of bite to them - not too crispy, never chewy, just right! Our experience with the servers has always been tremendous. We must come back to try their dinner!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Very nice menu. Food was a little disappointing. Duck confit, offered as a special, was very salty. Waiter offered an apology.
- Always deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Every time I eat at Silverspoon we have a least one dish that I desperately want to learn how to make because it was just so wonderful. I have never had anything other than a stellar meal here. Great food and great service!Special Features:
- Tiny little Gem!Corbs1251VIPDined on 11/1/2014I seek out BYOB's and go back to the ones with great food & service. We will definitely go back to Silverspoon as the food and service were both really good. Tucked away in Eagle Village Shopping Center with all the toney shops, this place fits right in. My spouse ordered the Mushroom toast appetizer, both substantial & tasty. I opted for the buttery smooth and delicious Butternut Squash soup - love those seasonal dishes. We both opted for the perfectly prepared Flatiron steak as we were sharing a nice BYOB Cabernet that we had brought with us. If there was any dish that missed the mark it would be the dessert that we shared. Chocolate sponge cake special that just wasn't all that special. Ask to sit away from kitchen door!Special Features:
- Continues to be great foodDisplacedWesternerVIPDined on 10/25/2014The menu changes just often enough to keep interesting choices. The great new thing is the mushroom toast appetizer. It was fantastic. It would be great if they could make an entree with the essence of that dish in mind.Special Features:
- Stay with brunchtoughcriticDined on 10/25/2014We went to Silverspoon with very high expectations since we had previously enjoyed brunch there. Dinner, however, was less enjoyable. Service is very attentive, but the food was only so-so. Scallops were perfectly cooked but salty; pumpkin risotto lacked pumpkin flavor and rice seem underdone. Duck breast special also lack any distinctive flavor. Desserts were the highlight. Silverspoon's trademark "donuts" and apple crisp were yummy. All in all, we'd go back for brunch!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014The service is outstanding and the food is eclectic and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Variety neededOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/23/2014Entree salads absent Menu needs a change up How about a grilled chicken salad?Special Features:
- Great at 11am or 6pmCHI012VIPDined on 10/21/2014Quiet. And good food. Will return when in the area. Only place of this quality that is open at 11am, so thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The SilverspoonOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014It was as close to perfect as one can get........9.5 on a scale of 1-10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BlovestodineDined on 10/8/2014This was my second time to visit this restaurant. The first time was for brunch and it was outstanding, so I returned for dinner. The experience was as good as I have had in notable restaurants in Philadelphia, New York and Vegas. The food was incredible, servers knew their product and were attentive in an unobtrusive way. I will definitely go back to this great local spot.Special Features:
- A hidden gemfifiDined on 10/5/2014Discovered this spot when looking for a place to celebrate a birthday brunch with family. Couldn't have been more pleased. A delightfully homey atmosphere. The staff was warm and welcoming. The food, especially the omelets and French toast, was amazing. There were so many enticing selections that it was difficult to choose. Still dreaming of the caramelized pepper bacon. Never felt rushed even though it was a busy Sunday morning. Would recommend making reservations for a week-end brunch. Will definitely be back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerGibbosDined on 10/4/2014We had a great dinner there this past weekend. The menu is not huge, but everything on it was well worthwhile. A wonderful duck special, scallops that were to die for, hanger steak and salmon were on our selection. The have a fabulous mushroom soup, and also a wonderful mushroom toast appetizer. The final yum were pumpkin donuts with caramel sauce. It's a BYOB, which makes it even better. We've been for brunch but had never had dinner. We will absolutely be back.Special Features:
- STV1Dined on 10/3/2014Great as usual - Michael's service as always was outstanding!Special Features:
- The Best In A Long WhileJR123VIPDined on 10/2/2014Outstanding evening. The service and food was the best we've experienced in quite a long time. The simple food was done to perfection. The roasted vegetables, the chicken, the special dessert. And the BYOB was especially nice to enjoy our own beer and wine. On a Thursday evening the dining crowd was small, so the noise level was just right for conversation for the four of us. Will be on our list for special occasions.Special Features:
- ServicecharlieshoreDined on 9/29/2014Great service, friendly atmosphere. Ambiance is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find in Wayne!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/28/2014we enjoyed brunch at the Silverspoon with friends. The food and service were both excellent. The setting in the cute shopping area was perfect for a fall day. We will surely add this to our list of favorites when visiting the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charlieshoreDined on 9/27/2014Service was outstanding, waiter, host could not be any better, Food was also very good, recommend to go bak. My wife is going back on MondaySpecial Features:
- Excellent farm-to-tableOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/25/2014Enjoyed Silverspoon. I wasn't even aware of this restaurant (it's in the Eagle Village Shopping Center, and not visible from Lancaster Avenue.) Very nice, simple, subdued. The waitstaff was gracious. Food was creative without being weird. Very enjoyable, we will definitely return. Loved the butternut squash soup!Special Features:
- Yummy but pricyjillian0804Dined on 9/21/2014Mde a reservation on the fly for this place after another favorite brunch place was too crowded. It was good, but options for breakfast-y brunch foods were pretty limited. I ordered French toast with granola and peaches, but I'm pretty sure it had apples on it instead- I've never had peaches that looked or tasted like that. Still tasted good, but when I asked the waitress, she assured me I was confused. Seemed odd. I thought $7.00 was steep for bacon, but when they brought it out, it was a sharable-sized portion and was amaaaaazing. Overall, prices are high, but I guess I've come to expect that living on the main line. Not in a huge rush to come back, but would return if someone else wanted to go there.
- RichDined on 9/20/2014We always enjoy our evening when we go to Silver Spoon. The food and atmosphere is wonderful, and the service couldn't be friendlier or better. RichSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic meal!Dollymama58Dined on 9/19/2014As usual, the chef at Silverspoon comes up with flavors that tempt the palette . The staff is very friendly, like you have been invited into their home. I highly recommend this BYOB. Thanks for a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ml2dineDined on 9/16/2014Great evening. Service was outstanding as always. Food was very good but not yet at the outstanding level. Have dined here many times and always found it a wonderful treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaisygirlDined on 9/16/2014Silverspoon is a hidden gem on the Main Line. It's small enough to be intimate and the food is good enough to save a trip to the city. The bacon and fries are worth the risk of cardiac arrest!Special Features:
- great brunchanna15Dined on 9/7/2014This was the 3rd sunday in a row I went to brunch at the silver spoon. it is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reliable and deliciouscormac7VIPDined on 9/5/2014great local BYOB with reliable delicious food and friendly professional service - well crafted menu items, and reasonable portions that allow you to have salad or appetizer, main course and desert, without regrets. enough variety and originality to keep it interesting, but still comfortable. we go at least every few weeks.Special Features:
- MehMikeMDined on 9/5/2014Was just OK, would not go back. Service great, but small portions and nothing special.
- Business LunchLucky16Dined on 9/4/2014Wonderful atmosphere for a business lunch. The truffle fries are a MUST.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusieQSusieQDined on 8/29/2014Tucked away among charming shops, this gem has a French farmhouse feel, with delightful staff and excellent food. Never had a bad meal here.Special Features:
- A Nice SurpriseGoodVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went on a Sat Night and it was very good, the food excellent. Our waiter was a bit out of it, but that was OK. It is a farm to table restaurant and everything was very fresh. No complaints. Not even the dittzy waiter (maybe it was his first night). We will definitely go there again for dinner. We have been going there for lunch and like that-it is vibrant, good food, nice little neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great meal as alwaysDevonDinerDined on 8/19/2014I have never had a bad meal here....and frequent the place!Special Features:
- Still great!marshapetVIPDined on 8/14/2014REALLY great lunch, brunch. Been going almost every week because of it. The bacon is outrageous. I always enjoy the portabello omelette too! Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and DeliciousEatprayloveVIPDined on 8/13/2014Had a lovely girls night out dinner here. Service and ambience was excellent. Lots of food choices. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice venues,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We had a tasty lunch, very fresh and appetizing. Great choices on the menu. Waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu - just a nice place overall. Will definitely return.Special Features: