The Silverspoon Restaurant
503 W Lancaster Ave.
Wayne, PA 19087Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Silverspoon Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.silverspoonwayne.com/index.html
- Phone: 6106887646x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch/Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Sat 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Tim Courtney
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Catering options are available. Please contact the restaurant directly.
- Special Events: Join us for our Wild about apples dinner on Wednesday October 17th. Celebrating National Apple Month. Click here to see Chef Tims creative contemporary menu www.silverspoonwayne.com
A word from The Silverspoon Restaurant
The Silverspoon menu is seasonal American cuisine, presented creatively with market driven, sustainable and heirloom ingredients. Our hope is to provide diners with updated versions of classic regional dishes, contemporary sauces, and an enticing marriage of taste, texture and color. Not trendy, just delicious. Not extravagant, just fairly priced. We have an experienced and friendly staff and a warm bouchon atmosphere. Alcohol service is BYOB.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
The Silverspoon Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Wayne ›
The Silverspoon Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)fit for foodies (68)great for brunch (60)great for outdoor dining (58)great for lunch (51)special occasion (26)romantic (19)good for groups (10)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- A Nice SurpriseGoodVIPDined on 8/23/2014We went on a Sat Night and it was very good, the food excellent. Our waiter was a bit out of it, but that was OK. It is a farm to table restaurant and everything was very fresh. No complaints. Not even the dittzy waiter (maybe it was his first night). We will definitely go there again for dinner. We have been going there for lunch and like that-it is vibrant, good food, nice little neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Great meal as alwaysDevonDinerDined on 8/19/2014I have never had a bad meal here....and frequent the place!Special Features:
- Still great!marshapetVIPDined on 8/14/2014REALLY great lunch, brunch. Been going almost every week because of it. The bacon is outrageous. I always enjoy the portabello omelette too! Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming and DeliciousEatprayloveDined on 8/13/2014Had a lovely girls night out dinner here. Service and ambience was excellent. Lots of food choices. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice venues,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We had a tasty lunch, very fresh and appetizing. Great choices on the menu. Waiter was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu - just a nice place overall. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great food....my favorite BYO:)AnnieDined on 8/5/2014Lovely, casual restaurant for an excellent dinner w husband, friends or girlfriends!Special Features:
- Lovely spotTSA1Dined on 7/27/2014Food is outstanding. Service has been outstanding all 3 times I have visited. Great care is given in the preparation and fresh ingredients are key here. Outdoor patio is really nice in a pretty shopping center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific!marshapetVIPDined on 7/24/2014What a GREAT lunch we had. The carmalized bacon is unbelievable , omelet was so good too! Can't say enough good things!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutIrishgurl10Dined on 7/23/2014Wonderful spot to meet friends. Food was very fresh and service was wonderful.Special Features:
- Very nice first tripSillymeVIPDined on 7/19/2014Dinner was great- enjoyed braised rabbit special and BLT soup. Husband got scallops that he said were delicious but entree was a little small for him. Luckily I had plenty of mine to share! Would go back - byo is a huge plus.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!SusieQDined on 7/18/2014This little spot has a terrific feel to it, much like a French farmhouse. The staff is friendly and attentive, and the food is consistently terrific. It's also in a lovely low-key shopping village with one-of-a-kind stores. A delight all around!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceChesterbrookSlimDined on 7/18/2014I took my there for an early anniversary dinner on a beautiful summer evening. It was our first visit to this restaurant but the reviews I read were encouraging so we decided try it. We dined on the daily specials and were well pleased. Our meal started with a green bean tempura appetizer followed by an exquisite cucumber soup. Our main course was a rabbit dish. We finished with a very pleasant peach and berry cobbler. All the food was very good and well presented. The service was attentive without being intrusive. All in all it was a wonderful experience and we will return.Special Features:
- Impressive!BlueberryReviewDined on 7/16/2014Went online to find a place to brunch restaurant that would be impressive to an out of town visitor.....SCORE!Special Features:
- AliceDined on 7/11/2014This was another wonderful dinner at Silverspoon Restaurant. Three of the four of us tried the "deconstructed' eggplant parmesan entree which we all thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:
- Never disappointsMinimumVIPDined on 7/5/2014Creative food, always changing and always delicious. Warm atmosphere with friendly service and lovely summer patio.Special Features:
- mary p.maryp22Dined on 7/5/2014Wonderful dinner during the 4th of July weekend. The food was delicious and the service was impeccable. Silverspoon is one of my very favorite restaurants on the Main Line.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dinner experienceVickyVIPDined on 7/5/2014Had lunch here a couple times which was delicious because the menu was so fresh and innovative. Thought I'd try dinner which was very disappointing. The spinach salad was totally overdressed. I do not eat meat, but do eat seafood, but both seafood dishes offered had bacon in them. I was told the sauces were made in advance so could not remove the bacon. No option was presented to me to just sauté the scallops or fish and just serve it with butter and lemon-simple enough. Notified the restaurant in advance that my husband was vegan, but no alternatives were presented for his dinner. We both had the pasta which was good, but we came here for their creativity which was lacking that evening. I would go back for lunch though.Special Features:
- Always a Great ExperienceLoyalDiner7313Dined on 7/1/2014Excellent service and delicious food have defined my numerous experiences at Silverspoon. Care is given to making the menu interesting, local, and fresh. I have visited for brunch, lunch, and dinner. My wife and I had our wedding rehearsal dinner here and the staff could not have been more of a pleasure to work with. This restaurant consistently delivers, which is a reflection of the entire staff's commitment to excellence. Michael, a server, is absolutely top-notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant afternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/29/2014We chose the Silverspoon as a birthday brunch celebration and were not disappointed. The decor is lovely, the ambiance was relaxed and friendly, the food delicious and the service beyond gracious. We were thoroughly catered to and look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SearchingDined on 6/28/2014Since it's summertime, rush in a taste their amazing cold soups. Beautifully presented and even more beautiful on the tongue. With the doors open onto their patio, the dining room noise level was subdued and conducive to conversation.Special Features:
- Silverspoon is our new fav spot!foodieDined on 6/28/2014What a find! Silverspoon moved into Eagle Village (near Peppercorn) and has continually impressed us. Chef Tim (a CIA Chef!) is amazing...whether you have the lamb Risotto, Chicken falling off the bone or Halibut with Spring Veges it will impress all your friends. We dined there for our anniversary and had an amazing foodie experience. The flavors ! the food was cooked to perfection. I will be back there for lunch this week! Dont miss this one!Special Features:
- located in strip mallNYCPHLVIPDined on 6/28/2014Had some trouble finding the place as did not realize it was in a strip mall. Vegetarian burger made with chick peas was awesome. Although better to eat it with a fork and knife as it is difficult to keep together.
- Always great all around!MargieDined on 6/25/2014Food is creative and very well prepared; service is excellent; and the restaurant is charming!Special Features:
- Understated BYO delivers great foodSparklingDragonflyDined on 6/18/2014We chose this restaurant for.a casual dinner with friends because of its location and BYO status. We were very pleasantly surprised by the sophisticated nature of the menu items - the goat cheese dumplings were delicious, as was the BLT soup! The pan seared Sea Bass was perfectly cooked with a crunchy golden brown crust and moist interior! It was fabulous. Our friends enjoyed the steak and pasta very much! The service was excellent but not intrusive. We had a wonderful time and will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingPickyEaterDined on 6/17/2014I have brought guests to this restaurant on several occasions and always found it pleasant dining, convenient to my home, reliable, and happily byob. This time our female server was overly perky, did not fill water glasses, commented on my menu choice (I don't need to be told it's "perfect"). My food was cold, and when I snagged someone to fix it was promised a new order. Instead I got a microwaved repeat, not much warmer. The pecan tart was overly sweet even to my sweet tooth. All of this focused me on the small portions for the price, which I had been willing to ignore previously.
- BerwynFoodieDined on 6/14/2014It was our first time at this restaurant. We were rather impressed by Mike, our server. He was attentive. If you desire a nice quieter place for dinner with conversation, this is not it. The noise level is too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Imaginative FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The "Whole" duck was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. The menu was very imaginative. Lastly, the BYOB policy allowed us to bring a much higher quality of wine than we would have had in a normal restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!KillickVIPDined on 6/12/2014Love this restaurant! Favorite place to eat on the main line, hands down. Menu is interesting, food is amazing and the service is always top-notch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great find!montyDined on 6/10/2014We were looking to try a new BYOB without having to go into Center City Philadelphia. We came across this restaurant during an Internet search and decided to give it a try. What a nice surprise! The food and service were wonderful. We would recommend getting the mushroom soup - it was terrific. Our appetizers were delicious and very innovative as were the entrees. We are thrilled to find a such a high caliber BYOB in the suburbs! We can't wait to find an excuse to go back!Special Features:
- VEP2Dined on 6/10/2014We went for brunch at 10:00 on a Tuesday. For most of the time we were the only patrons, as if we had a private room. the waiter, therefore, was quite attentive, but not overly. A lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So soJoralemonDined on 6/7/2014I was disappointed after the many good things I had heard about this restaurant. The waiter was not at all knowledgable. When I asked about an ingredient, he told me it was cheese but I pointed out that the chevre would be the cheese. He then asked and came back with the correct answer. Otherwise mediocre service. I had the fritatta that is garnished with a small beet salad on top. The beets were delicious-the best part. But the rest of the dish was not very good. I've done better in diners. I did love the atmosphere with the front of the restaurant open to the patio and people dining on the patio.Special Features:
- Pleasant Indoor/Outdoor settinglunchmateDined on 6/6/2014I met a long time friend for lunch on a temperate sunny day. Our table was situated in the entry- partly outside and partly inside. The ambience was delightful, the hum of many conversations in the busy place added a positive, upbeat feeling. Our server was attentive but not obtrusive - a difficult balance to achieve. My lunch salad was a perfect size, served quickly but there was no rush implied. All in all it was a memorable experience I look forward to repeating.Special Features:
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Lunch at Silverspoon is always delicious, the wait staff are cheerful and engaging and the atmosphere is delightful.Special Features:
- enjoyablePattyDined on 6/2/2014on a beautiful afternoon we ate lunch in their outside patio and had the pleasure of looking at beautiful plants at the florist across the way. It was a beautiful view! Excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is still one of our favorites.LindaDined on 5/24/2014We will certainly return to the Silverspoon. The food and ambience are both top notch!Special Features:
- AliceDined on 5/23/2014A favorite local restaurant for a delicious creative menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More delicious than promised!NellVIPDined on 5/18/2014I live in Wayne and many of my neighbors have recommended Silverspoon, so I came with high expectation. They were exceeded! Outstanding food, beautiful omelets and the best bacon I ever tasted. We can't wait to go back! Do yourselves a favor and try Silverspoon for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Silver Spoon Great!kmurrDined on 5/17/2014We went for a late lunch and it was delicious - everything so fresh and yummy!!! Nice and bright with lots of delicious accents to old standbys!Special Features:
- Excellent BrunchRAM15Dined on 5/17/2014We recently dined here for brunch. The Silverberger on a brioche bun was cooked perfectly, and the truffle fries paired well with the aioli dip. We would definitely return next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Great spot for brunch. French toast and omelettes are amazing. Caramelized bacon is a must have.Special Features: