The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel
8110 Camino Del Oro
La Jolla, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theshoresrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8584560600x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast (Daily): 7 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Lunch (Monday - Saturday): 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Brunch, a la carte (Sunday) 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Dinner (Nightly): 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Happy Hour (Monday - Friday): 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Bernard Guillas and Chef de Cuisine Percy Oani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Shores Restaurant in La Jolla is perfect for special occasions and offers you and your guests the rare opportunity to dine on the beach. Located along the sands of La Jolla Shores, the Shores Restaurant offers innovative cuisine delicately prepared with freshest ingredients in an unparalleled waterfront setting. For more information or to book your next special event, call (858) 551.4658 or email ShoresDining@TheShoresRestaurant.com today.
- Private Party Facilities: The Shores Restaurant puts you and your guests at the ocean’s edge. Located along the sands of beautiful La Jolla Shores, the Shores Restaurant offers innovative cuisine delicately prepared with fresh ingredients in a one-of-a-kind waterfront setting.
Our culinary team will create the perfect menu to suit your event. Then, our full-service catering staff will carry out your ultimate vision to assist you in planning all the final details and finishing touches. The result - a gathering that is both delicious and breathtaking in every way.
Plan your next special event at the Shores Restaurant today: * Rehearsal Dinner * Graduations * Showers * Milestone Birthday or Anniversary * Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
- Private Party Contact: Amii Cambaliza 8584560600x
- Entertainment: Stunning ocean views of the La Jolla coastline.
- Special Events: The Shores Restaurant hosts a variety of events with special menus, including seasonal holiday menus. The Shores Restaurant’s spectacular oceanfront views, exemplary service, and outstanding wine list make for a dining experience you won’t soon forget. Be sure to try the monthly Sip & Savor menu, weekday Happy Hour, Divas that Drink wine special every Wednesday, and much more.
A word from The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel
Welcome to beach dining – La Jolla style. Walk straight from the sand into The Shores Restaurant, where you’ll enjoy fantastic ocean views, our open-air patio, a casual ambiance with warm hospitality, and a family-friendly menu meant to please any kind of taste. A big part of the California lifestyle is beach-style dining. The Shores Restaurant is a perfect example with dishes designed by award-winning Executive Chef Bernard Guillas and Chef de Cuisine Percy Oani. Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, nightly specials, and an a la carte Sunday Brunch, the delicious fare is complimented by unparalleled views of the Pacific Ocean just outside the floor-to-ceiling windows, which run the length of the dining room and adjacent lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (68)special occasion (21)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (20)great for lunch (17)great for brunch (16)good for groups (13)kid-friendly (9)fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (6)notable wine list (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great for Sunday BrunchdsrtlvrDined on 8/24/2014The Shores Restaurant has long been a favorite for Sunday Brunch. Aside from the Marine Room, I don't know of any other restaurant sitting directly on the beach with the views the Shores has to offer. Service is always very good, as is the food, and the views out the expansive windows of the beach and coastline down to the cove are fantastic. I ordered what I usually order - Chilaquiles - and they were great. I was a bit surprised at how few guests were in the dining room on a spectacular Sunday noon in August. The beach outside the windows was packed. We will definitely return!!!Special Features:
- Love my shores restaurant!LJmomDined on 8/16/2014I love the Shores for any special occasion or just to relax by the beach . We live here but take stay vacations here at this hotel a couple of times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food coupled w/ a great view!breakfastjunkieDined on 8/9/2014We chose The Shores so that our friend from Vegas could enjoy an ocean view and we weren't disappointed. The view was great, the service was prompt and friendly, food was prepared quickly and it was delicious....we will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Nice setting, beach view. Table setting nice. Food overpriced and nothing spectacular or particular or delicious.Special Features:
- Beautiful locationgoodiningfanDined on 8/5/2014We tend to forget this great restaurant with a million dollar view. Eight of my long time friends and I enjoyed a very good lunch, fantastic view and exceptionally friendly service. We all live several miles away and have to travel on our crowded, busy freeways to get to La Jolla, but it is worth the trip to relax and enjoy The Shores. Several of us have had dinner there after plays in the LJ Playhouse. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view is the only good thing.JAEdwardsDined on 8/3/2014Extremely slow service and interior is tired. Reminded me of a cafeteria. We came for breakfast. Food was ok but I wouldn't come back. So many more places to go in the area that are way better. The only good thing about this place is the view.Special Features:
- Kitchen problemsSammmomDined on 8/1/2014We waited one hour from order to get food. The server felt bad and brought us bread and soup on the house. Like pulling teeth to get attention. Badly managed and well below what could be done at this sand side spot.Special Features:
- Great View But Not Much ElsespeedywheelerVIPDined on 8/1/2014While the view was great, the food was only fair and the service was slow.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014Friendly staff, very accommodating to dietary needs. The chocolate ganache is a chocoholic's dream!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view. Poor service. Sad foodWanderlustDined on 7/26/2014The view is stunning but that's where the positives end. Service was so slow. We sat for 15 minutes without being greeted by wait staff. I had to ask for water at that point. Then we waited more for someone to take our drink order, which happened after 10 more minutes when we asked the hostess to send someone over. Two of us ordered fish dishes and the fish was horribly over cooked. I'd suggest checking it out for sunset cocktails but go somewhere else for dinner.Special Features:
- waitress overwhelmedluvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 7/26/2014Ate here once before and was quite pleased. Went Sat. nite as party of 8 and Kelly could not deal with it. Place wasn't even that crowded. Very slow and had trouble with the drink order, etc. Never asked how food was after entree was dropped off piecemeal as my wife's fish was overcooked. Very sad.
- friendsDined on 7/25/2014Two of us came for lunch. It extended past their closing for the afternoon. However, the waiters cleared our table, we paid the check and they let us stay there and visit after all had left. That was very nice.Special Features:
- Beautiful viewJeffDined on 7/19/2014Food very good. Price high but not unreasonable. Right on the beach. Plenty to sights to see.Special Features:
- lunch w/ friend Friday 18 Julycjm1VIPDined on 7/18/2014I ordered the Panko Crisp Ono w/ pacific slaw, citrus aioli, sweet bun--unfortunately the fish was overcooked; the waiter never came back to see how the food was and when the busboy cleared the plate he wasn't invested in how my meal was .... my dining partner had the Baja shrimp tacos and said they were good. I also ordered the "1/2 bottle" Edmeades Zin for $19 but was charged $22 -- I called and the bill was cheerfully adjusted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasion lunchesCarolDined on 7/14/2014We were celebrating a birthday and were seated promptly. The guest of honor and two others were a few minutes late and the waitress was very accommodating. She came over to get drink orders for those that were there. When everyone arrived and had a few minutes to chat she came and took orders. The food arrived shortly thereafter, hot and tasty. We had brought a cake which she brought in so that we could sing and then she took it away and cut it and served it. The service was excellent and they made our party a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently a Great ExperiencecrmacvVIPDined on 7/10/2014We go back to the Shores for many special occasions. The view is spectacular being just yards from the ocean and the food, ambience and service never disappoint. Special attraction is the underground parking, particularly since summer parking in La Jolla is a real challenge.Special Features:
- Awesome Ocean ViewchauffeurPDined on 7/4/2014Reserved a table to have dinner and watch the fireworks and it was perfect.Special Features:
- Not kid friendlyTheHunterDined on 7/3/2014Way too pricey for what you get. $11 for a kids hot dog!Special Features:
- the ocean is what it is all aboutJanetVIPDined on 7/2/2014Sitting almost at water edge cannot be beat! They have a great wine list. Foor is very good. Service great!Special Features:
- nrgizrbnyDined on 6/30/2014My date and I had the Butterfish, which was divine: mild but not lacking in flavor, tender and flakey. The Louis Jadot Chardonnay offered a mouthful of taste, but was not sharp or astringent. The server was at hand when needed but not hanging over us asking "How was that last bite?" The window seat overlooking the seashore was awesome. This is surely among the very best ways to visit and enjoy the beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DaySunshoreDined on 6/15/2014Server is not to be found , food take a while to serve . I have to asked 3 times for her . But the waiter who serve the water was great refill us water when needed.Special Features:
- Pleasant EveningHelgamsDined on 6/15/2014We had out of town guests and wanted to show them the beach. The person confirming the appointment as much as confirmed we could have a window table. - once we arrived the hostess immediately took as to a table away from the window. When I asked about my request,she somewhat rudely informed me that was all they had. We would have waited for a window table but no such option! - other than that, we had a pleasant evening and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite restaurantWelkResortDined on 6/15/2014Perfect for a quiet dinner with a view of the La Jolla Shoreline.Special Features:
- Great viewpbahabDined on 6/13/2014The food was fine, as was the service. More than anything, it's the view that shines.Special Features:
- The seafood is just ok.Foodie1Dined on 6/6/2014Great service, a little pricey, For seafood, it is far behind my favorites such The Fish Market or Jakes. but its location and views on the beach make for an enjoyable dining experience. You are paying for the location and not the quality of the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over cooked HalibutBirthdaygirlDined on 6/5/2014I was expecting more when I went to this restaurant. Particularly because it was listed as one of the top restaurants to visit. Very disappointing. My husband and I went to the bar area first and had a cocktail and appetizer. The potato skins were so overloaded with sour crème it was difficult to eat. We sat at our table for dinner and I ordered the special Halibut. After all, it was my birthday weekend....the halibut was over done. I sent it back, they brought another halibut and it was the same. Not impressed.Special Features:
- DisappointingDarlaDined on 6/3/2014I had a reservation for a birthday dinner with seven friends. Window view was beautiful looking right out at the ocean. We waited so long for our food service after we gave our order we had to call the manager and ask why. It turned out there was only one server on-duty that evening and he had his hands full. When the food finally came each one of us was disappointed and felt our entrées were rather dry and tasteless. However the prices were the same as any fine/good restaurant with much better food. Server trying his best but we felt it was the fault of the restaurant for not having adequate help. Not one of us plans to return there anytime soon for dinner. Waste of great view.Special Features:
- Great view, mediocre foodmeatVIPDined on 5/31/2014The price was very reasonably consider that it's ocean front. But the food was really mediocre. Low noise level because it was almost empty there (it was a Sat night too).
- Not as expectedDissappointedDined on 5/29/2014After viewing the menu on line I expected this to be a top notch place to take business associates from the east coast. The menu and the view looked amazing on line. When we arrived we were seated near a window that does look out to La Jolla Shores beach and the view was amazing. The view inside the restaurant left much to be desired. This place is in need of a renovation. After being seated we were left alone for 15 minutes without being offered water or cocktails. We had to flag down our server. We ordered drinks and appetizers at the same time and once again waited for 10 more minutes before receiving drinks. The food was good but in no way should it demand the prices listed. I would steer clear. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- The ShoresAScotDined on 5/21/2014The ambiance was excellent with large windows and a beautiful view of La Jolla cove. It is also pleasant and quiet. An excellent place to relax and converse. The meal was very good with primary emphasis on the singular main item. The rolls were excellent although whole grain would have been preferred.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed with the restaurantSavvy1VIPDined on 5/18/2014Service was terrible and I'm easy to please. It took them 10 minutes to come take my mimosa order and another 10 to bring it. Our kale salad was delicious and served 30 minutes after we sat. The entrees took forever to come.. Literally 65 minutes after we sat. The only saving grace was the view.Special Features:
- Great view, not food!kiefmoDined on 5/17/2014Go for drinks in the bar and to enjoy the view. If you stay for dinner you will be eating a very average meal. Its all about the outdoor scenery here. Even the interior design is mediocre.Special Features:
- Ambience good but very slow servicedelmarfoodieVIPDined on 5/16/2014Our 3 course prix fixe took 2 hours. After the main course plates were cleared, we were told that the dessert would be right out but it took 20 minutes after that. They seemed to be under staffed.Special Features:
- my reviewReviewDined on 5/11/2014The food was okay. The crab cake appetizer was terrific. The service was not good. Could not get our waitresses attention for service. Another server came over and took care of us a few times. I was really disappointed with both the food choice on the menu and the service. We will not be back.Special Features:
- Mothers Day Brunch a hit!VatoDined on 5/11/2014Million dollar view came in handy and very impressive. Food was good. Mama was very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old coffee shop feeldslberryDined on 5/11/2014I was so disappointed that such an expensive brunch was held in a old drab room...Special Features:
- Good Food and average servicedeefoodieDined on 5/10/2014We had a delicious and pleasurable meal here on Saturday 5/10. We ordered the chilaquiles, the French toast, and the crab omelette. All the food was presented in a favorable way and was tasty. The service was not poor, not was it outstanding. It was about average, with it taking a little while for the hostess to come to the podium and seat us (even though we had reservations) and getting a refill on a soda. Overall, I would eat here again.Special Features:
- Ocean at your tableJanetVIPDined on 5/6/2014It is a lovely spot and one of the few in La Jolla where you can feel that you are beside the ocean. There is nothing between you and the ocean but sand. Really great. Food is very good also and the wine list very nice. JanetSpecial Features:
- Very slow service spoiled itChuckDined on 4/30/2014Superb scallops, very good top sirloin, poor mandarin orange cake. Limited wine list by the glass. Very slow service every step of the way; waiter seemed knowledgeable, but he obviously had too many tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014Table by the Window & wonderful food! My office is still talking about the lunch at The Shores Restaurant 4/23/14. We will be back and we are telling others about this hidden neighborhood Gem.. You should advertise more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 672 reviews are from the The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel reviews archive.