The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel
8110 Camino Del Oro
La Jolla, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theshoresrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (858) 456-0600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast (Daily): 7 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Lunch (Monday - Saturday): 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Brunch, a la carte (Sunday) 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Dinner (Nightly): 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Happy Hour (Monday - Friday): 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Bernard Guillas and Chef de Cuisine Percy Oani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Shores Restaurant in La Jolla is perfect for special occasions and offers you and your guests the rare opportunity to dine on the beach. Located along the sands of La Jolla Shores, the Shores Restaurant offers innovative cuisine delicately prepared with freshest ingredients in an unparalleled waterfront setting. For more information or to book your next special event, call (858) 551.4658 or email ShoresDining@TheShoresRestaurant.com today.
- Private Party Facilities: The Shores Restaurant puts you and your guests at the ocean’s edge. Located along the sands of beautiful La Jolla Shores, the Shores Restaurant offers innovative cuisine delicately prepared with fresh ingredients in a one-of-a-kind waterfront setting.
Our culinary team will create the perfect menu to suit your event. Then, our full-service catering staff will carry out your ultimate vision to assist you in planning all the final details and finishing touches. The result - a gathering that is both delicious and breathtaking in every way.
Plan your next special event at the Shores Restaurant today: * Rehearsal Dinner * Graduations * Showers * Milestone Birthday or Anniversary * Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
- Private Party Contact: Amii Cambaliza 8584560600x
- Entertainment: Stunning ocean views of the La Jolla coastline.
- Special Events: The Shores Restaurant hosts a variety of events with special menus, including seasonal holiday menus. The Shores Restaurant’s spectacular oceanfront views, exemplary service, and outstanding wine list make for a dining experience you won’t soon forget. Be sure to try the monthly Sip & Savor menu, weekday Happy Hour, Divas that Drink wine special every Wednesday, and much more.
A word from The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel
Welcome to beach dining – La Jolla style. Walk straight from the sand into The Shores Restaurant, where you’ll enjoy fantastic ocean views, our open-air patio, a casual ambiance with warm hospitality, and a family-friendly menu meant to please any kind of taste. A big part of the California lifestyle is beach-style dining. The Shores Restaurant is a perfect example with dishes designed by award-winning Executive Chef Bernard Guillas and Chef de Cuisine Percy Oani. Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, nightly specials, and an a la carte Sunday Brunch, the delicious fare is complimented by unparalleled views of the Pacific Ocean just outside the floor-to-ceiling windows, which run the length of the dining room and adjacent lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (63)romantic (32)special occasion (28)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (19)fit for foodies (18)good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- I really enjoyed the ShoresOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/11/2009I really enjoyed the Shores Restaurant. Nice neighborhood, beautiful view ! And the food was spectacular. I really enjoyed the pear slaw, as well as the shrimp and lobster ! However, only one thing, the service wasn't that great. Servers barely talked and didn't look too friendly. They seemed dazed and bored. However, the personnel at the front counter and bar area were extremely welcoming and nice. Just not the servers. But overall, had a great time.Special Features:
- The food is very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/7/2009The food is very good and though it's a hotel restaurant, many locals go here. The menu could be a bit more diverse: there are 5-6 fish offerings and 5-6 meat, with 1-2 vegetarian items. What is offered is well-prepared, though. I had lamb osso bucco, and it was excellent and the portion was large.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2008We had a wonderful time and Patty our server was great!Special Features:
- terrible food for the price-wasOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/25/2008terrible food for the price-was disappointed and will not return.
- What a fabulous way to spendOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/25/2008What a fabulous way to spend a Christmas morning! Great view of the beach & ocean. The service was excellent and the food outstanding. We'll be back for other occasions!Special Features:
- the food was not anythingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2008the food was not anything exceptional. not a place I will return to.
- We have only been for brunch.VoraciousVVIPDined on 12/14/2008We have only been for brunch. There were six of us celebrating the holidays. It was a very pleasant experience as most of the restaurants are SO crowded during breakfast/brunch. The view was lovely. The staff, very friendly and accommodating. The food was very good, although there were eggshells or crab shell in the omelette. Going back this week.Special Features:
- This is by far the finestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/29/2008This is by far the finest food and service that I've experienced in San Diego. We were able to get a table by the window for the asking, and watched the sun set over the ocean before dinner. Truffle fries and shrimp fritters with apple-pear slaw for appetizers; I had the butternut squash risotto for an entree. My stepmom, whose birthday we were celebrating, had perfectly prepared succulent Maine lobster with a fantastic vermouth cream sauce. No other dining in San Diego, possibly with the exception of the much more expensive Marine Room (these two share an executive chef now), provides such delicately balanced and creative dishes. I'm more used to being able to find this kind of quality in Los Angeles, but not in my hometown.Special Features:
- The Shores Restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2008The Shores Restaurant was absolutely beautiful. And, the staff did a wonderful job decorating for the Holidays. The atmosphere was elegant, romantic and scenic. Each table seemed private with it's own table decor, candle and a view out the ocean from every seat. Amazing for the price...and well worth it.Special Features:
- The Shores in La Jolla isOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/27/2008The Shores in La Jolla is one of our favorite restaurants. Our family of five went for their Thanksgiving Buffet (delicious!!) and were seated at a round table on the patio, overlooking the ocean. It was glorious. A wonderful time.Special Features:
- We went to The Shores forOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2008We went to The Shores for Thanksgiving dinner. They had a nice buffet. The food was pretty good, especially the turkey. One of the carvers, however, was a little stingy on how much turkey he gave each person. He was pretty hesitant to give out more when you asked him. The next carver that came out later was giving out generous portions of turkey. Also, the cranberry sauce with mandarin oranges and the stuffing made with peaches were very memorable. It was a nice, sunny afternoon and the view of the ocean was great! The service was pretty good too. We will definitely consider this restaurant for our next holiday dinner.Special Features:
- We had a very nice ThanksgivingMark457Dined on 11/27/2008We had a very nice Thanksgiving buffet here. The first time out for T-day in thirty years and this place made it feel pretty special. The view was great and the kids found plenty to enjoy. A little pricey on the wine list but I didn't have to do a single dish all day!Special Features:
- There were seven mommies outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2008There were seven mommies out for breakfast. The food was fabulous and the view was terrific. The waiter took care of our every need.Special Features:
- We were pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2008We were pleasantly surprised and had a very good meal with non-intrusive service. A very enjoyable experience. We will return.Special Features:
- Absolutely stunning insideOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2008Absolutely stunning inside and out - right on the shores. Food and drink are very good, but nothing noteworthy, just standard faire.Special Features:
- The chefs prepared a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/12/2008The chefs prepared a wonderful menu, beautifuly plated and great tasing food made from very fresh ingredients. Every table in the restaurant has a breath taking view of the ocean waves breaking on the beach. My family and I enjoyed it very much.Special Features:
- It is one of my favorite spots.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2008It is one of my favorite spots. The food is always great!Special Features:
- I think The Shores RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2008I think The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel would be a great place to stay for a weekend!Special Features:
- Only option to eat at thisRogerDined on 8/30/2008Only option to eat at this hotel. Good but not outstanding.Special Features:
- My overall experience wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2008My overall experience was good. However, the steak I ordered was too burnt.Special Features:
- great restaurant, very hardOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2008great restaurant, very hard to find good lamb and they've got it! great seafood. service was not that good, but the view and the ambiance are the best we found!Special Features:
- We went on a Tuesday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/29/2008We went on a Tuesday night so it wasn't crowded, which we loved. You can't beat the ocean view and the food and service were very good. For being a "hotel restaurant" it really surprised me. It wasn't over priced and it was a comfortable atmosphere. I will definitely go again.Special Features:
- The hotel needs to be completelyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/27/2008The hotel needs to be completely updated. The staff was excellentSpecial Features:
- My wife ordered the ccholcolateOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2008My wife ordered the ccholcolate Menu special and didn't like it - no fault of the restaurant's. When i made the reservation, i noted that it was our 11th anniversary. It would have been wonderful if the service satff would have mentioned it. Otherwise, she was wonsderful.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful 'chocolate'OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2008We had a wonderful 'chocolate' dinner/wine experience. Our server was outstanding and the view was wonderful. However this is a family friendly hotel and restaurant an d there was a table near us with young kids who were a bit loud.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure. For lunchtimeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2008Always a pleasure. For lunchtime meetings, I alert the restaurant as to the University dignitaries I am bringing, with a request for a window view. While they can't always guarantee a special table, they have always managed to do so. Several months ago my wife and I brought our extended family to the restaurant for a special occasion dinner. We had the best time: great food, service, view, wine, very relaxed, lots of fun interaction between the guests, so quite memorable. The Shores is quite possibly my favorite restaurant in San Diego.Special Features:
- The regular menu is good --OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2008The regular menu is good -- but if you want exceptional food (at a great price), try one of their special menus. We were so pleased with the Wine and Chocolate Dinner -- the food was wonderful and the wine pairings really complemented every dish. While the decor of the restaurant is good -- it is the view that really makes the place. We can't wait to go back (would love to eat the Wine and Chocolate Dinner again :).Special Features:
- We asked for a table on theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/17/2008We asked for a table on the patio and were given one, which was nice. The beach was very crowded the night we were there because of a biathlon that was being done, but that gave us a lot to look at and we watched the sun set over the Pacific which was really nice. The Kobe Top Sirloin was delicious, as was the chocolate mousse cake. A very enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- The Shore offered a specialAnneDDined on 7/12/2008The Shore offered a special "chocolate-themed" dinner with paired wines...unusual for them, so they deserve some credit. Food was very good (though they could have served half the quantity on each course). Wines pairings were changed and not for the better (in our opinion) -- wines were good, just paired strangely. The service was very attentive, but this place gets by on its location first, and I'm sure it's hard to be a fine restaurant when there are often kids, shorts and flipflop crowds to content with. View was great, fun to watch the kayakers, etc., but all the staff could use training in simple little improvements like how to ask before taking a plate, waiting until both diners are finished with a course, etc. Attentive, tho!Special Features:
- The Kobe Beef was incredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/10/2008The Kobe Beef was incredible and I have been telling all of my friends about it!Special Features:
- Food was great, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2008Food was great, service was a bit slow, very busy night and the flow could have been better. Overall good experience and would go back.Special Features:
- service was terrible, we foundOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/27/2008service was terrible, we found that the quality of the food was not constant, we understand that SD´s restaurant week is a busy time but they should take greater care of "details".Special Features:
- The waiter was pretty inattentive,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2008The waiter was pretty inattentive, took over 15 minutes to take our order, and was not cordial at all. We had no silverware, and had to steal it from an adjoining table. All three courses took a looong time to show up. The entrees were surprisingly small, small portions. To top it all off, he gave us our check before our desserts had even showed up. Unreal. The only good things I can say are the view of the ocean is great, and my cut of steak was very good, and cooked perfectly to medium rare.Special Features:
- Our waiter Donovan neededOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2008Our waiter Donovan needed some help big time. Left us hanging on drinks for an hour. He had no personality, and in the middle of taking our order actually walked away. Another waiter came by because she noticed we were just sitting there with empty glasses and no food or drink for so long. No apology from the waiter, and he charged for every single drink for my pregnant wife that should have been free (shirley temples). The qty of food was very small, and the fish was overcooked to the point where we could not tell if the outside of the fish was burnt skin or just charred fish. Really bad, will never go again. Nice view was about it. Tried to have good attitude about it, but really, what a waste of money and time.Special Features:
- Unremarkable, disappointing. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2008Unremarkable, disappointing. My husband left his left his silk jacket at the table. When we went back to get it, they had given it to someone else! They had our information including my cell number. They should have called us immediately. They need to remodel and polish up their service.
- I went here for RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/25/2008I went here for Restaurant Week. The food wasn't as spectacular as I would expect from a restaurant right on the beach. Crab cakes tasted and looked like they had canned crab and too much butter!! The dessert was also disappointing; I had the key lime tart that tasted and looked more like Lemon Meringue and also seemed store bought.Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful.mkjofdmDined on 6/25/2008Everything was wonderful. But, while at the dinner on on Wednesday saw a marketing poster about a July 5th wine dinner and other special july event dinners. Called on saturday to reserve for 4 and the person that answered the phone said it was cancelled, didn't know why, and didn't know whether any of the other special event dinners would occur. Seemed pretty disinterested. Tooo bad.Special Features:
- We had to wait too long forOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/24/2008We had to wait too long for our check. No offer of coffee. No checking in to see if we needed anything. No check. Just 45 minutes of us wondering when you'd come back. And just apologize and get our check when we say we've been waiting - don't tell us that we should have talked to someone! We shouldn't be expected to wander around looking for the bill - no one else had to! It was our one-year wedding anniversary that night - the sad thing is that my wedding reception was AT THE SHORES RESTAURANT! But the wait for our check at the restaurant that night was so egregious that my wife refuses to ever go back. She won't even go to remember her own wedding! So thanks for that, Shores Restaurant. You just lost a guaranteed repeat customer.Special Features:
- Everything was wonderful aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2008Everything was wonderful about The Shores Restaurant. We were in town for a convention and was very happy that we could partake in the San Diego Restaurant week. I would definetly come back to eat here when I am in the San Diego area. Thanks! Vicki GoforthSpecial Features:
- A lovely start to our restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2008A lovely start to our restaurant week in San Diego. Beautiful ocean front patio. The crab cake and filet mignon were delicious. Service was a bit spotty with bread not served until appetizers were already delivered and not being resilvered before entree course arrived. But overall a very pleasant meal.Special Features: