The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel
8110 Camino Del Oro
La Jolla, CA 92037Neighborhood:
La Jolla / Golden Triangle
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theshoresrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8584560600x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast (Daily): 7 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Lunch (Monday - Saturday): 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Brunch, a la carte (Sunday) 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Dinner (Nightly): 5 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Happy Hour (Monday - Friday): 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Bernard Guillas and Chef de Cuisine Percy Oani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Shores Restaurant in La Jolla is perfect for special occasions and offers you and your guests the rare opportunity to dine on the beach. Located along the sands of La Jolla Shores, the Shores Restaurant offers innovative cuisine delicately prepared with freshest ingredients in an unparalleled waterfront setting. For more information or to book your next special event, call (858) 551.4658 or email ShoresDining@TheShoresRestaurant.com today.
- Private Party Facilities: The Shores Restaurant puts you and your guests at the ocean’s edge. Located along the sands of beautiful La Jolla Shores, the Shores Restaurant offers innovative cuisine delicately prepared with fresh ingredients in a one-of-a-kind waterfront setting.
Our culinary team will create the perfect menu to suit your event. Then, our full-service catering staff will carry out your ultimate vision to assist you in planning all the final details and finishing touches. The result - a gathering that is both delicious and breathtaking in every way.
Plan your next special event at the Shores Restaurant today: * Rehearsal Dinner * Graduations * Showers * Milestone Birthday or Anniversary * Bar/Bat Mitzvah.
- Private Party Contact: Amii Cambaliza 8584560600x
- Entertainment: Stunning ocean views of the La Jolla coastline.
- Special Events: The Shores Restaurant hosts a variety of events with special menus, including seasonal holiday menus. The Shores Restaurant’s spectacular oceanfront views, exemplary service, and outstanding wine list make for a dining experience you won’t soon forget. Be sure to try the monthly Sip & Savor menu, weekday Happy Hour, Divas that Drink wine special every Wednesday, and much more.
A word from The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel
Welcome to beach dining – La Jolla style. Walk straight from the sand into The Shores Restaurant, where you’ll enjoy fantastic ocean views, our open-air patio, a casual ambiance with warm hospitality, and a family-friendly menu meant to please any kind of taste. A big part of the California lifestyle is beach-style dining. The Shores Restaurant is a perfect example with dishes designed by award-winning Executive Chef Bernard Guillas and Chef de Cuisine Percy Oani. Serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, nightly specials, and an a la carte Sunday Brunch, the delicious fare is complimented by unparalleled views of the Pacific Ocean just outside the floor-to-ceiling windows, which run the length of the dining room and adjacent lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel - Best Restaurants in La Jolla / Golden Triangle ›
The Shores Restaurant - La Jolla Shores Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (75)romantic (32)special occasion (31)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (25)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (17)great for brunch (16)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (10)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great for Visitors to San DiegojeanandtomDined on 10/12/2014We recently took visitors from England to The Shores and had a lovely dinner in the quiet ambiance of the dining room. It is the best place to see the sunset; the view is always amazing being right at the beach. Our dinners were good, reasonably priced and the service was very good. We will return many times, especially when we want visitors to enjoy La Jolla. It's nice that there is validated parking and lounge areas too for extended talk.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014For the price especially the food was outstanding, the portions were great and the quality of the food were also very good. Our waitress was swamped but she was trying very hard to give us a great food experience.Special Features:
- Food ok, horrible serviceDisappointed1Dined on 10/3/2014Maybe it was just our waitress bc everyone else seemed to be getting normal service. First they forgot to bring one of our starters, we had to wait about 10 minutes and ask twice.... Then we waited about 40 minutes for our food. Our reservation was for 7:30 and we didn't get our food until 8:45. We asked 3 different waiters for bread and eventually they brought us a little plate with 4 Peices. Everyone else got full bowls. Initially we thought we were getting this type of service bc it was "restaurant week", but people who came after us ordered off the same menu and got fine service, got bread and got their food before we did. In either case, if you don't want to be part of restaurant week, don't. No excuses for this type of service.
- 1 Star at BestOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/3/2014The food was terrible, nothing tasted right. Even the watermelon salad was served with watermelon that was a few days old and nothing appeared fresh. While the service was very nice, they just couldn't get it right and we ended paying a lot of money for food that is not worthy of Dennys or Sizzler.Special Features:
- RESTAURANT WEEK VISITOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/30/2014MENU WAS MINIMAL, HAD TO CALL BEFORE MY SECOND VISIT DUE TO ONLY ONE DESERT OFFERED. RAMIRO SAID I COULD ORDER OFF MENU FOR DESERT. GOT THERE AND MANAGER WAS RUDE WHEN HE ASKED ME NOT TO HAVE MY "BARE LEGS ON THE CHAIR". MAHI ENTREE WAS SMALL AND VERY PLAIN WITH ONLY NOODLES AND THE FISH WITH SAUCE. THEN WHEN I ASKED TO GET A DESERT OFF THE MENU THEY TOLD ME I COULD ONLY HAVE ONE CHOICE NOT THE WHOLE LIST TO CHOOSE FROM AS RAMIRO STATED. THEN I SAID I WANTED THE MUD PIE WHICH I WAS GOING TO PAY YTHE DIFFERENCE FOR THE WAITRESS SAID SHE PULLED STRINGS TO GET IT, ONLY A $1 DIFFERENCE ANYWAY. THE MUDPIE ARRIVED AND WHEN I TRIED TO EAT IT, IT WAS FROZEN SO HARD I NEEDED A KNIFE TO CUT IT, THE CARAMEL WAS SO STICKY I HAD IT ALL OVER FIGHTING ITSpecial Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2014My group came during restaurant week so we got to try a variety of house specialties and I would recommend every dish we had especially the corn bisque. Also the view of La Jolla Shores was unbeatable.Special Features:
- Terrible ServiceAamandawSDDined on 9/29/2014came here for a 1-year wedding anniversary & could tell it was a mistake the minute we walked in; we came from the beach side near the bar. Despite our obvious confusion about where to find the hostess stand, both manager and bartender just stared at us while we wandered around looking for the hostess. server was terrible, we sat for 10 minutes before being helped; there were 4 other tables in the restaurant, none of which she was waiting on. Waited for our meals for an hour, all the while being ignored by our server, clearly avoiding us rather than addressing us and offering another round of drinks. Just an acknowledgement of some sort would have been appropriate. Will never come here again. Shame, because the view is beautiful.Special Features:
- Dedevic44Dined on 9/28/2014Lack of choice in entrees. Soup was cold. Short rib tough. Too many items I do not care for.Special Features:
- Fabulous food and view in La Jollaluv2dineVIPDined on 9/28/2014We tried this restaurant while staying in LA Jolla and we had a wonderful dining experience. The food was great and what a view to enjoy with your meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Service is good but food is not really good. The mahi mahi with noodles has no flavor, the noodles were not drained so it became soupy. The corn bisque is not hot at all. The place is too busy and it may have affected the quality of food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sunset view, good food.LoveSunDined on 9/26/2014We enjoyed our special dinner at the Shores. The food was good, but the fish sounded more flavorful than it actually was. Of our 2 meals, each course for one of us was very flavorful, and the other's was a bit bland. It wouldn't take much to add a bit more flavor. The wine pairings were excellent, and the service excellent. All in all, we enjoyed the meal very much.Special Features:
- Food, server and ambience are greatWilmaSueDined on 9/26/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants. My husband is gluten free and he always finds something he can eat. Kelly, our server is absolutely the best. We always ask for her when we make our reservations. She knows the answers to our questions even before we arrive on what my husband can et. The food is always great too. Highly, highly recommend.Special Features:
- New Chef Has Made His Mark!JohnKVIPDined on 9/25/2014First time back in 3-4 years....and we like the changes and upgrades. It was "dank" and old before....much nicer now. Wanted to see what former Roy's Chef Percy Oani was doing now as Exec Chef here. It certainly needed a shot in the arm....and he succeeded in doing just that! Had the Restaurant Week menu and liked it very much.....(although the lobster tail was pretty small...4...maybe 5 oz max)....but we were dining in FlavorTown from Appetizer thru Dessert! Presentation was wonderful and the service we had from Kelly was top-notch! We'll be back soon....for the view, service and the Chef's magic! - John & BethSpecial Features:
- beautiful viewNadj2015Dined on 9/25/2014The ambience is great at this beach side hotel restaurant. They even shine a spot light on the water so you can still see it after dark. Good noise level despite the obnoxious toddler seated next to us. Overall, good food and a nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningCJDinesDined on 9/24/2014Enjoyed the restaurant week menu with its many choices. Also did the excellent wine pairing. Our server was attentive, timely, & pleasant. You can not beat the view at The Shores. Well, maybe by the Marine Room, but the Shores is a close second.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Basic and RelaxedcharlieVIPDined on 9/23/2014Have eaten here for lunch and dinner and every time it is a relaxed meal. Lunch was recent: turkey club, crab cake sandwich, and seared salmon in broth. Sandwiches are perfect size and the salmon broth was delightful. Service is attentive and response. And who could beat the ocean view and validated parking.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperiencePLRyanDined on 9/22/2014This is our second year going to The Shores for Restaurant Week and we were not disappointed. The food selections, wine and service were top notch.Special Features:
- Sunset SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014Location,location,location. Right on the beach and it didn't hurt we had a perfect sunset. Went for restaurant week and had great food and service. This was our first visit and we'll be back.Special Features:
- Not up to par...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014We've eaten here in the past and the food and service was much better. 2 of us had the upgrade to the lobster tail and it was small and overdone. Service was slow. I doubt we will come back.
- Anniversary dinnerWelkResortDined on 9/10/2014Perfect place for celebrating special occasions. Staff served complimentary champagne to us and another table to celebrate our anniversaries.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014First experience here was great, second experience was really lacking in service and food qualitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Out of Town GuestsCatLoverDined on 9/8/2014We took an out of town interview candidate to this restaurant to enjoy the great beach and sunset views. He enjoyed the location. We all liked our food choices (salmon, butterfish, swordfish entrees), and we also shared three dessert choices. All items were very good, and we liked the free parking under the building.Special Features:
- Don't let this one get away!TishDined on 9/5/2014We're always in search of a fish restaurant that has a variety of fish (not just shell fish variations.) It's difficult to find in San Diego, be we did. A wide-range of fish types and both of ours were absolutely done to perfection: moist and flavorful and plated with style but not overboard. This was total enjoyment: drinks, food, service and the bonus was a fabulous sunset. It's a local gem and now at the top of our go-to fish list!Special Features:
- Do not recommendyessyDined on 8/30/2014The server was very nice but the water glasses were dripping with what looked like creamer. She did bring us other glasses but, they too had creamer on the side; she also apologized. We had Jambalaya, Fettuccine, and tacos. The food was pretty bland especially the Jambalaya which is suppose to be bursting with flavor.Special Features:
- Great for Sunday BrunchdsrtlvrDined on 8/24/2014The Shores Restaurant has long been a favorite for Sunday Brunch. Aside from the Marine Room, I don't know of any other restaurant sitting directly on the beach with the views the Shores has to offer. Service is always very good, as is the food, and the views out the expansive windows of the beach and coastline down to the cove are fantastic. I ordered what I usually order - Chilaquiles - and they were great. I was a bit surprised at how few guests were in the dining room on a spectacular Sunday noon in August. The beach outside the windows was packed. We will definitely return!!!Special Features:
- Love my shores restaurant!LJmomDined on 8/16/2014I love the Shores for any special occasion or just to relax by the beach . We live here but take stay vacations here at this hotel a couple of times a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food coupled w/ a great view!breakfastjunkieDined on 8/9/2014We chose The Shores so that our friend from Vegas could enjoy an ocean view and we weren't disappointed. The view was great, the service was prompt and friendly, food was prepared quickly and it was delicious....we will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014Nice setting, beach view. Table setting nice. Food overpriced and nothing spectacular or particular or delicious.Special Features:
- Beautiful locationgoodiningfanDined on 8/5/2014We tend to forget this great restaurant with a million dollar view. Eight of my long time friends and I enjoyed a very good lunch, fantastic view and exceptionally friendly service. We all live several miles away and have to travel on our crowded, busy freeways to get to La Jolla, but it is worth the trip to relax and enjoy The Shores. Several of us have had dinner there after plays in the LJ Playhouse. We will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view is the only good thing.JAEdwardsDined on 8/3/2014Extremely slow service and interior is tired. Reminded me of a cafeteria. We came for breakfast. Food was ok but I wouldn't come back. So many more places to go in the area that are way better. The only good thing about this place is the view.Special Features:
- Kitchen problemsSammmomDined on 8/1/2014We waited one hour from order to get food. The server felt bad and brought us bread and soup on the house. Like pulling teeth to get attention. Badly managed and well below what could be done at this sand side spot.Special Features:
- Great View But Not Much ElsespeedywheelerVIPDined on 8/1/2014While the view was great, the food was only fair and the service was slow.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014Friendly staff, very accommodating to dietary needs. The chocolate ganache is a chocoholic's dream!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view. Poor service. Sad foodWanderlustDined on 7/26/2014The view is stunning but that's where the positives end. Service was so slow. We sat for 15 minutes without being greeted by wait staff. I had to ask for water at that point. Then we waited more for someone to take our drink order, which happened after 10 more minutes when we asked the hostess to send someone over. Two of us ordered fish dishes and the fish was horribly over cooked. I'd suggest checking it out for sunset cocktails but go somewhere else for dinner.Special Features:
- waitress overwhelmedluvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 7/26/2014Ate here once before and was quite pleased. Went Sat. nite as party of 8 and Kelly could not deal with it. Place wasn't even that crowded. Very slow and had trouble with the drink order, etc. Never asked how food was after entree was dropped off piecemeal as my wife's fish was overcooked. Very sad.
- friendsDined on 7/25/2014Two of us came for lunch. It extended past their closing for the afternoon. However, the waiters cleared our table, we paid the check and they let us stay there and visit after all had left. That was very nice.Special Features:
- Beautiful viewJeffDined on 7/19/2014Food very good. Price high but not unreasonable. Right on the beach. Plenty to sights to see.Special Features:
- lunch w/ friend Friday 18 Julycjm1VIPDined on 7/18/2014I ordered the Panko Crisp Ono w/ pacific slaw, citrus aioli, sweet bun--unfortunately the fish was overcooked; the waiter never came back to see how the food was and when the busboy cleared the plate he wasn't invested in how my meal was .... my dining partner had the Baja shrimp tacos and said they were good. I also ordered the "1/2 bottle" Edmeades Zin for $19 but was charged $22 -- I called and the bill was cheerfully adjusted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasion lunchesCarolDined on 7/14/2014We were celebrating a birthday and were seated promptly. The guest of honor and two others were a few minutes late and the waitress was very accommodating. She came over to get drink orders for those that were there. When everyone arrived and had a few minutes to chat she came and took orders. The food arrived shortly thereafter, hot and tasty. We had brought a cake which she brought in so that we could sing and then she took it away and cut it and served it. The service was excellent and they made our party a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently a Great ExperiencecrmacvVIPDined on 7/10/2014We go back to the Shores for many special occasions. The view is spectacular being just yards from the ocean and the food, ambience and service never disappoint. Special attraction is the underground parking, particularly since summer parking in La Jolla is a real challenge.Special Features: