The Shore Club - Toronto
155 Wellington Street West
Toronto, ON M5V 3H1Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Shore Club - Toronto
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theshoreclub.ca/
- Phone: (416) 351-3311
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Cross Street: Simcoe Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking available through the Ritz Carlton Hotel next door to The Shore Club. Valet Charge can be added to your Shore Club bill. Public parking also available in the RBC Dexia Building and across the street at the Roy Thomson Hall parking garage. Both public parking entrances are accessed from Wellington Street.
A word from The Shore Club - Toronto
The Shore Club Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge features the freshest seafood and tender steaks served in surroundings of understated luxury. Soaring ceilings, stunning original artwork and cool blue and green hues contribute to an elegant atmosphere that is second to none in Toronto. Enjoy cocktails and appetizers in our signature lounge, or descend to our dining room to experience all our signature menu has to offer. The Shore Club is perfect for a casual, drop-in visit, or a long-planned special occasion. Allow our professional team to cater to your every wish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
The Shore Club - Toronto - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
The Shore Club - Toronto reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)fit for foodies (27)romantic (24)good for groups (23)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (17)hot spot (11)neighborhood gem (8)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (7)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Outstanding!saudia558VIPDined on 11/8/2014everything about this dining experience was fabulous! the Service was great and the food was exceptional! I definitely recommend this place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Great service, not so great fooddabbymaDined on 11/7/2014We arrived and they didn't have our reservation, but they found us a table without issue. I ordered the crab cake, which was very good, and my husband had the wedge salad, which was disappointing. As a main, I was torn between the spare ribs and the arctic char with kale and brussel sprouts and an apple and fennel puree. I opted for the seemingly lighter fare and was disappointed that everything was soaked in butter. The fish was fried in butter and the kale and sprouts were drenched in it. It was so rich and heavy that I couldn't eat very much of it. My husband ordered the striploin and was disappointed by the lack of flavour, tough texture, and lack of seasoning. The service was fantastic! It's too bad that the food didn't measure up.
- A very good experienceDeanVIPDined on 11/6/2014Our server was outstanding. The food was great, as it was the last time I went there.
- Very Elegantluckyliberal1305Dined on 11/5/2014Love the Shore Club. It is very elegant and first class. I have introduced this restaurant to many friends and everyone has loved it. It is so New York to me. I will continue to keep it high up on one of my favourites.Special Features:
- Superb Service and FareBatting1000Dined on 11/4/2014Steaks cooked to perfection, sides we had were amazing (spicy mushrooms, beans and asparagus). Very pro service, highly recommended for business dinners and celebrations.Special Features:
- Will be backwinesnobDined on 11/3/2014We had a great meal, excellent food, very knowledgeable staff. A great find in the Entertainment district..Special Features:
- So sodeetsoneatsDined on 11/1/2014Everything was over salted. King crab legs were subject to too much brining to hide the fact that they were not very fresh. Steak was not well charred. Soup tasted like it came from a can. Sides were uninteresting, expected something better from a restaurant like this. Only saving grace was that the lamb chops were good.Special Features:
- first timeDowntownJoeDined on 11/1/2014Wife and I had a wonderful romantic dinner Sat night. Booths are large and give you privacy. Quiet so you can carry a conversation without shouting. Food is good but my lobster bisque was a bit salty, however they didnt charge me for it. Will go back and would recommend. Be prepared to spend at least 200 for a nice dinner with drinks and apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificTOVISITORDined on 10/25/2014Celebrated father's 87th birthday. Superb seafood, excellent service, terrific time. Was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in the cityCityGuyDined on 10/24/2014A great spot with a romantic ambiance in the heart of the city right by the Ritz Carlton. Food was amazing and I had the Salmon Wellington.. a must try.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014This is a fantastic gem that so few locals seem to know about, which is a blessing to me! No matter where we sit - be it at the bar or a table - the service is impeccable. The food is excellent and every person I've taken to the restaurant is now a fan and planning to return. Highly recommend.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Dining with Great AmbiancescorpioDined on 10/17/2014Food was fantastic and servers were professional and courteous. My friend and I ordered the Clam Linguine and Fried Chicken - both were delicious. For Appetizers we ordered the fish tartar trio (just delicious) and fresh market oysters. Great place to take clients or even a romantic place to be to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid PerformerDMACDined on 10/17/2014Had a businesss lunch booked at the Shore Club on a Friday. Had asked for a corner table, but there really was not a place in the dining room that was any more private than any other. And, they had fairly loud music being piped in. Ironically, the bar tables were more secluded and the music was quieter there so we moved into that area. Food was very good - although portions were small. I have eaten dinner there twice and now been there for lunch twice and I am not really moved by either the food or ambiance. Location is great but everything else is just decent, not wowing me.Special Features:
- Just OkayTorontoDinerDined on 10/11/2014I went to the Shore Club to celebrate an anniversary and, while the service was nearly impeccable, the food was just okay. I had the single tier seafood tower, scallops and shrimp, shoestring fries and risotto. All dishes were forgettable and not worth the price tag.Special Features:
- Perfect dinnerRolaDined on 10/4/2014We has a Perfect Dinner. The Service was excellent, the food was fresh and in extraordinary Quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not the best valueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014I had really high hopes for this place. Has a great menu. The bar area is nice, the apps & drinks were really, really good. But the entrees and side dishes were OK only really...especially at the price. Not the best value. Expected more out of the mains & entrees for this price.Special Features:
- Good food. Great servuceeatingisaneventDined on 9/25/2014We had excellent service. The waiter clearly explaining the menu as this was our first visit. Excellent steaks and great variety of fish. All perfectly doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hefty price tag avg foodCharlieVIPDined on 9/25/2014The wait staff were overly attentive, interrupting constantly. Food wasn't what it should have been for the price tag. Don't mind spending but the food should impress. Won't return.
- Cooked Perfectlylove4foodVIPDined on 9/18/2014My choice of steak was the Filet Mignon and it was cooked perfectly to medium rare just as I requested and it stayed that waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazingD2youDined on 9/18/2014Seasonal risotto and salmon Wellington were to die for. Service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014The food and service is always fantastic - we're never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HPHTVIPDined on 8/29/2014Excellent, anticipatory service in a beautiful room. We wished the quality of the food was equally impressive. Alas, it was not. Mushy lobster tail, tough and stringy filet and tasteless cod. It was as if the real read on a restaurant exists was overlooked.
- Good place for a business lunchDeanVIPDined on 8/25/2014Was a nice venue for a business lunch as it is a quieter environment and guests were well-spaced out. The service was very good. One downside was the appetizers seemed very expensive. The entrees and drinks (tea, soda) were reasonably priced given the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Top class establishmentGemwhittDined on 8/23/2014The Shore Club is our "go to" restaurant if ever we have friends/family visiting from out of town. You can rely on the highest level of service every time and the food is amazing (with prices to match!). Not an everyday choice by any means, but great for a Friday night treat, birthday or any other special occasion. Go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer Birthday LunchLocalDined on 7/30/2014In addition to the amazing seafood choices and expert preparation, what I love about Shore Club is the service. I have not found this level of genuine good service in any other dining establishment in Toronto. I think what is most is remarkable about the service is the feeling that the servers are really passionate about doing it well and making patrons feel comfortable. The pace, presentation and level of attentiveness are just perfect to enhance and not interfere with the dining experience. I always choose Shore Club when I need a seafood fix and am missing the flavors of my Chesapeake Bay home town. Great seafood preparation is hard to come by in Toronto and I love having Shore Club as an option.Special Features:
- The following 367 reviews are from the The Shore Club - Toronto reviews archive.
- Anniversary nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/21/2014Had a great meal and wonderful service!! We will be back!Special Features:
- Summerlicious 2014 - Fantastic!CristinaDined on 7/18/2014I visited The Shore Club recently for Summerlicious and was blown away by the quality and service. This is what dining should be like! Each of us enjoyed our meals, and our waiter was fantastic at suggesting choices that would accommodate various food allergies. The food was of fantastic quality, and of course, everything was absolutely delicious. Unlike others that have written reviews, I did not feel that I was being rushed out, and we took our time deciding on our meal choices and had appropriate breaks between courses. I will definitely be back for date night, girls night, business lunches, or just because!Special Features:
- Very impressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014I recently visited this restaurant on a Summerlicious special. I was impressed with the large portions as many restaurants cut on their portions for Summerlicious (or so it seems). The food was not only delicious but the presentation was amazing. I will definitely return and recommend this to other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & atmospheres1w1Dined on 7/18/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The food was top notch an the service was great. Look forward to going back some time in the near future.Special Features:
- Understated and elegantCupcakeQueenDined on 7/18/2014Service is always welcoming and polite. I've been here twice. Sat at the bar (full menu is available) the first visit. The bartender was very helpful with the menu. Had the lobster cobb salad with large pieces of lobster, avocado, bacon - yummy! The second visit we were seated at a table in the lounge. Again, great service. Had the lobster roll - once again large pieces of lobster and not drowned in mayo - delicious! My dining companions have tried the fried chicken, fish tacos, burger and walleye. Everyone was happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skullDined on 7/18/2014good spot for a business meeting with good food and ability to talk privatelySpecial Features:
- Loved itfoodiefordaysDined on 7/17/2014Dined for summerlicious, food was delicious, at every last bite! Ordered a bottle of wine and it was a great choice. Service was really good, everyone was very nice, friendly and helpful. Amazing experience, would definitely return for the regular menu. Short Rib Agnolotti was so flavorful and sauce was mouthwatering, Pan Seared Atlantic Salmon was made with a perfectly crispiness on the outside and tender on the outside. Terrine of Sorbet dessert topped it off with each rich sorbet flavor in every bite.Special Features:
- Very UpscaleMaM1Dined on 7/17/2014First visit and was very impressed by the ambience. Excellent service without being pretentious. Overall, a very pleasant surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingSLK1Dined on 7/15/2014When you find a gem you worry about repeat performances, will the service be the same, will the food meet your first experience? Fortunate to have the opportunity to visit now on several occasions and The Shore Club just does not disappoint. From having a quiet drink in the bar alone before meeting friends, or meeting friends in the bar it works. Moving to dinner, always treated as though we're special, every time. But the food being consistently excellent tops the reasons for returning. I look forward to my next experience there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/15/2014Excellent in every possible aspect. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014Having a great time! Would like to say thanks to Monty (server), he did a great job for our dinner. He is exceptional. Food was excellent. We will come back more often.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014We went for Summerlicious this weekend. Starter was really good. Main course and desert were OK but not exceptional. It is expensive for what it is. Service was OK. very quick (too quick) no time in between the starter and the main course, as everything seemed to be ready upfront
- Classic EleganceILikeEleganceDined on 7/11/2014You wouldn't expect a modern building to house such an elegant restaurant. The ceilings are high. Unlike almost all restaurants in the GTA, the Shore Club has real silver cutlery. Although excellent food and service is not hard to find, this amenity stands out. We have dined here four times and continue to be impressed by the very good food and excellent service. Until the room fills up, we find the background music just a bit too loud, but at least it's jazz and not the obnoxious rock music so prevalent these days. Quiet classical music would be more appropriate.Special Features:
- Fine dining at its best!LoveToDineOutDined on 7/9/2014We went to The Shore Club as this year's first Summerlicious outing and it was wonderful! The atmosphere was perfect. Private, perfectly lit for any romantic or business setting. The service was impeccable and the food was any foodies dream. Highly recommend, would definitely try their regular menu. Just keep in mind the $$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MontseDined on 7/8/2014Summerlicious menu was great. Nice menu to choose from, very good food, great service, quiet. I would go back anytimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.