The Shore Club - Ottawa
11 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, ON K1N 9H4Neighborhood:
Ottawa / Gatineau
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Shore Club - Ottawa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theshoreclub.ca/
- Phone: 6135695050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Bar 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jason Groulx
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Shore Club has a beautifully appointed private dining room available for all types of business and social entertaining. The intimate Rideau Room, highlighted with stunning original art, accommodates a maximum of 18 guests and features state of the art stereo and audio visual capabilities. # Private Party Contact: Melanie Arbique
- Private Party Contact: Melanie Arbique 6135695050x
A word from The Shore Club - Ottawa
The Shore Club Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge features the freshest seafood and tender steaks served in surroundings of understated luxury. Soaring ceilings, stunning original artwork and cool blue and green hues contribute to an elegant atmosphere that is second to none in Ottawa. Enjoy cocktails and appetizers in our signature lounge, or descend to our dining room to experience all our signature menu has to offer. The Shore Club is perfect for a casual, drop-in visit, or a long-planned special occasion. Allow our professional team to cater to your every wish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Shore Club - Ottawa - Best Restaurants in Ottawa / Gatineau ›
The Shore Club - Ottawa reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)romantic (34)notable wine list (20)good for groups (17)fit for foodies (17)hot spot (10)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (5)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- good food-too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014we had a great time and the food was very good but overpricedSpecial Features:
- Never disappointedPatrickDined on 10/2/2014I've been coming here since it opened. I started bringing my wife here. We had our wedding dinner there. Almost all of our special occasions have been celebrated there. We bring our baby girl there. And though I've always been happy, but our last dining experience was simply the best ever. There's some new management, and I don't know how he improved things, but has he ever. A great team serving the best steak with the best service. We can't recommend the place enough. Already trying to determine what loosely constitutes a special occasion so we can go back...tonight? ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Excellent - Noise HorrificJellybeanDined on 9/27/2014We were 3 ladies out celebrating a birthday, when we arrived the maitre d seated us right beside the noisy bar even though there were many other more suitable tables. My companions were 80 and 83 sedate NOT "energetic" as Open Table describes noise level! One of the ladies could only hear about 40% of the conversations. I felt that ageism and sexism could have been an issue. If this had been my first visit, I probably would not return. But I will return and be more persistent about a better table the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow service....wineguyVIPDined on 9/26/2014I have dined at the shore club in Vancouver and Toronto, and had much better experiences. I have even dined at the Ottawa location, and had better food and service. The service was slow, it took 15 minutes to be seated, despite having a reservation well in advance, and it took nearly 2.5 hours for dinner. The meals at the other locations were much, much better than the Ottawa location this time.
- very attentive servers and waiterworthareturnDined on 9/26/2014Food was very good with the exception of the deserts. We had pie for desert - key lime with hard crust, and coconut creme with little flavor and an extremely hard crust that took a lot of pressure to break into bite sized piecesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing!Trtls88Dined on 9/23/2014I have never tasted a rib steak bone in like I did tonight. Everything was simply amazing, the food was so delicious and the service was impeccable too. Absolutely loved it and would most certainly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnercolhawkDined on 9/20/2014We had a onderful experience ... servers and teh wonderful seafood made the evening very special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The food was awesome, the service was excellent. I would go there again. Thank you very much for all the little attentions you all gave for my 40th birthday. Memorable and unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost PerfectDocandProfDined on 8/31/2014Unfortunately the Shore Club had no control over this one. The family next to us had 3 young children. Not the problem. they were great-quiet, well behaved, their mother should be proud of them. The father- different story. Texting every 2 minutes. Not distracting either. But he had his notification alert on. beeped after every response was received. Should have brought my taser. Geoffrey-our waiter was excellent, the rest of the wait staff was very attentive. Absolutely no complaints. The seafood Tower alone is enough for 2. Can't go wrong with it. Great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable serviceShiraDined on 8/31/2014Dined at the Shore Club Sunday evening; a young man's birthday celebration. We were a group of six. We were seated promptly on the upper deck at the back of the restaurant. Perfect location with more privacy. Outstanding service from servers. Our main server knew his menu and gave clear explanations of the various food selections. The wine selections that were suggested were super: a crisp, fruity white for the oyster course and a delicious full bodied, luscious vintage red for the main course. Fish and meats were well prepared and the sides plentiful for all to share. Both the Manager and Sommelier dropped by our table for a chat. A very pleasant evening indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Ottawa's bestProactvDined on 8/24/2014Love their menu. The best crab cakes ever. It's a must place for me to dine when in Ottawa.Special Features:
- Anniversary SpecialBigGDined on 8/23/2014Let them know it was our anniversary and they treated us like VIP's! Outstanding food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review for August 17, 2014dinersdelight74Dined on 8/17/2014We were given a gift card at xmas for the Shore Club Ottawa and decided to use it to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We were seated at a nice quiet booth that had a card wishing us a happy 40th anniversary. We were pleasantly surprised by the attention we received by our server who took time to explain the menu items since this was our first time there. The food was great, cooked to our liking. We chose the filet mignon and the pan fried pickerel, everything was delicious. We shared a Creme Brule for dessert. The dessert cup sat on a platter that had "Happy 40th Anniversary" written on it in chocolate syrup. We would certainly go back and highly recommended it to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 5 year wedding anniversaryLaineyDined on 8/8/2014Pros: - Attention to detail... We received a wonderful card congratulating us on our anniversary. - Excellent service. - Romantic ambience. - Delicious cocktails. - Tender steaks and generous side dish portions (note that entrees are a la carte). - Creme brûlée is the best we've ever had, not runny or cold inside. Cons: - Skip the scallop and shrimp ceviche. Extremely acidic. - The calamari was bland and not crispy. - Wine list is not that extensive. - Although tasty, our steaks were overcooked. Overall, we enjoyed our dinner and will return for another special evening in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a great place!MarianDined on 7/29/2014Just love going to the Shore Club! It's a very special place. Everyone is very warm and welcoming and the food is fantastic. Hats off to the great staff and the outstanding Chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shore Club Westin HotelbrassyjanDined on 7/28/2014What a fabulous meal..it exceeded our expectations. The service was amazing..Stephen our server was very attentive and provided great suggestions for our meals. The steaks and seafood were outstanding ! The service is above and beyond. It was an excellent evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BORINGOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014We ordered stuffed trout. Portion was much too big and uninteresting. Amuse bouche was wonderful.
- BigMurDined on 7/21/2014This is an absolutely superb restaurant in every way. It is the very best in OttawaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate romantic birthdayFun2DineDined on 7/12/2014The Shore Club is a great place for an intimate, romantic diner. We celebrated my birthday and enjoyed it to the max. The food was delicious and the Cartagena wine from Casa Marin (Chili) was extraordinary. Staff played a perfect role and were so kind to present a perfect fit desert. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service / CostcolhawkDined on 7/12/2014The service from Tammy and her shadow (waitress in training: Paige) was professional, attentive, and fun ... they really added to the experience in a positive way without being intrusive. The atmosphere was nice and with local parking it is all so convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place to celebrate!vdotDined on 6/23/2014I made my reservation at the Shore Club 2 weeks in advance because I anticipated lots of people would be wanting to celebrate there after the Call to the Bar at the NAC which is across the canal from the restaurant. We were not disappointed. The restaurant had the ambience and was an intimate setting to celebrate. Our reservation was at 1 pm for 6 people. They brought us a champagne list when they found out it was a special occasion. Our server, Jean, and his team were highly attentive. My water glass was always full. The menu was great - local and fresh, but with some neat additions: my mom and I had the fish tacos, the tuna nicoise salad was a hit with my in-laws. They pampered us and even brought out a plate of free choc chip cookies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 307 reviews are from the The Shore Club - Ottawa reviews archive.
- Shore Club OttawaCherDined on 6/21/2014Nice ambiance, good food. All meals a la carte, so very expensive but very good. Well located in the Westin hotel in heart of Ottawa's tourist area. Good choice for an elegant meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not greatTomLDined on 6/18/2014The food was good but not worth the price. The service was excellent - very attentive and caring.
- Dinner1234Dined on 6/15/2014Fantastic dinner at the shore club. Owen was an incredible host. Thank you.Special Features:
- Very goodElaineDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I visited the restaurant for his birthday and we were glad to have chosen the ShoreClub. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningNicknameDined on 6/7/2014The meal my wife and I had was outstanding. The staff were friendly, funny and attentive. Owen did a great job. Albeit pricey, the meal was worth every penny. I stared out with the crab cake that was filled with hunks of crab meat. Followed by fried chicken which was great! My wife had the tenderloin that was cooked to perfection. One of us still had room for dessert. The key lime pie looked delicious.Special Features:
- GREAT COMFORTABLE RELIABLEDonziDined on 6/5/2014When you want a comfortable spot a reliable menu and great staff, head to The Shore Club!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014You made our 25th wedding anniversary a perfect night. Thank you so much.Special Features:
- Business OptionaldineandlearnVIPDined on 5/28/2014The suits are everywhere. The conversations subdued, and sometimes intense. So the protein content must be high. Yet some of the culinary techniques are interesting - like soaking shoe-string potatoes in vinegar and salt before deep-frying. Or wrapping a more-than-you-need-size of beef in duxelles held in place with thinly sliced overlapping potatoes rounds. The scalloped potatoes, tasty. Is the chef Irish? But the service was great. When the black forest cake arrived very dry, the cost was removed from the bill. On a second occasion the appetizer salad was doubled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wines123VIPDined on 5/26/2014The short ribs were great and if you show up before 7 oysters are a buck each. great deal!Special Features:
- Best steak ever.MrEarnerDined on 5/24/2014The steak dethroned our favorite Hy's Steakhouse. It was amazing. The seafood tower is a must (100$) share-able between 2, 3 or 4 persons. Try the Artemis wine (175$) if you can afford it, otherwise their California's are delicious too. Service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!InloveDined on 5/17/2014My fiancé proposed to me this weekend and the first restaurant we went to celebrate was the shore club. No one that worked there knew that and they still made the experience amazing! I thought they had known by the way they were treating us but they had no idea. I would return to this restaurant in a heart beat! The food was amazing, the drinks were amazing, and most importantly, the service was exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent mealOakDinerVIPDined on 5/15/2014Great meal. Excellent service. Better than the Clubs in Toronto and Vancouver. Definitely worth a visit in Ottawa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/15/2014My husband and I went to The Shore Club for our supper to celebrate our fourth wedding anniversary. I noted that in our reservation and we were treated very well by all the staff. The food was fantastic. My husband had the rib-eye, and I had the sea bass. We shared asparagus, mashed potatoes, and mushrooms. Everything was delicious. We shared a Black Forest cake, which had "Happy Anniverrsary" written on the plate with chocolate sauce. The cake itself was a littl dry, but good all the same.Special Features:
- Best Seafood in O-town, handsdown!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/10/2014This was the 5th or 6th time I dined here. Had one of the quieter tables behind the bar. The halibut, shrimp, scallops and trout were all outstanding. Freshest seafood in town. Definitely hard to find a restaurant in Ottawa with same level of service.Special Features:
- An Absolutely Excellent RestaurantBigMurDined on 5/7/2014We have dined at the Ottawa Shore Club three times. On each occasion the quality of the food and service have been absolutely excellent. We have guests coming from New Zealand (where food and wine are highly regarded; they really know what superb food is like) so we will take them to the Shore Club in June to show off Canada's best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time, not as good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Fish was again good (Char), but salad was oddly pedestrian. There was the tasty beet tomato amuse-bouche that inspired me to have the beet salad. The salad was mostly crisp greens and was smothered in a strong cream dressing more akin to the Blue Gardenia. There was a very small amount of beets topping the salad. Service was fine.Special Features:
- SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Best seafood restaurant in East we know. Always fresh, always inovative.Special Features:
- As good as the one in TorontoViopVIPDined on 4/20/2014Went there for dinner and the seafood tower is very delicious!Special Features:
- A Pleasant SurpriseFineDinerDined on 4/19/2014My wife choose this place as somewhere new for us to go. I was a little leery given that it's a hotel restaurant. I couldn't have been more wrong. The environment was great. Food was fabulous. Service was incredible. Our booth for two was quiet and romantic. We had a great time and I'd highly recommend the Macadamian Halibut...simply...wow!Special Features: