The Shore Club - Ottawa
11 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, ON K1N 9H4Neighborhood:
Ottawa / Gatineau
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Shore Club - Ottawa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theshoreclub.ca/
- Phone: (613) 569-5050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Bar 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jason Groulx
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Shore Club has a beautifully appointed private dining room available for all types of business and social entertaining. The intimate Rideau Room, highlighted with stunning original art, accommodates a maximum of 18 guests and features state of the art stereo and audio visual capabilities. # Private Party Contact: Melanie Arbique
- Private Party Contact: Melanie Arbique 6135695050x
A word from The Shore Club - Ottawa
The Shore Club Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge features the freshest seafood and tender steaks served in surroundings of understated luxury. Soaring ceilings, stunning original artwork and cool blue and green hues contribute to an elegant atmosphere that is second to none in Ottawa. Enjoy cocktails and appetizers in our signature lounge, or descend to our dining room to experience all our signature menu has to offer. The Shore Club is perfect for a casual, drop-in visit, or a long-planned special occasion. Allow our professional team to cater to your every wish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Shore Club - Ottawa - Best Restaurants in Ottawa / Gatineau ›
The Shore Club - Ottawa reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)notable wine list (26)romantic (24)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (21)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (5)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2014Went to the Shore Club for the first time in over a year. Sophisticated ambiance, terrific service, and a wonderful food experience which hit all the senses with a range of delectable seafood. Ours was an anniversary, and it was mentioned in advance only to ensure a relatively intimate table. Nonetheless, from start to finish there were nice little touches to acknowledge the occasion, without being intrusive or overbearing -- which neither of us wanted. Although it was a Tuesday night, there was a strong bar scene, but it was respectful and separated enough from the dining not to matter. If there was any complaint, and it's almost unfair to quibble, it was that the service was almost too attentive or it was ever so slightly rushing us. This is a subtle thing, and hardly worth mentioning given that the service was so good and very personable, with the overall experience delightful. Thank you Shore Club.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easily best seafood in Ottawa!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/22/2014Now been to The Shore Club a good half-dozen times. Never been let down. In a league of its own in Ottawa when it comes to seafood restaurants! Only down side, parking is expensive in the Rideau Centre underground lot. Free street parking very difficult to find nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/8/2014It is excellent over all but if it is not for an extremely special occasion for the ambiance and the service, similar quality food can be found in a less expensive restaurant. Their " à la carte option " where everything is separately priced is expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining in OttawaOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/3/2014Had dinner at The Shore Club on both nights of my stay in Ottawa. I was traveling for business and accompanied by my colleagues. The servers did a very good job of managing our group of 9, and every appetizer, entree and dessert were prepared with extreme care. Not one complaint!Special Features:
- Susan5Dined on 10/25/2014We had a fabulous time! the service was impeccable and so professional. The food exceeded our expectations, was beautifully presented and totally delicious. We all cleaned our plates! a bit costly but worth every penny! We will go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent and tasty dishesSheldonVIPDined on 10/21/2014The menu was simple but covered enough of a variety of dishes for most to find something to please their palette. Our server was very helpful and knowledgeable, something that made our dining experience one that will most definitely bring me back. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experiencepmjedwardsVIPDined on 10/20/2014We were in town and wanted to get a group of friends together for a nice meal in an environment that would allow us to catch up. Though the restaurant was busy, we didn't feel we were surrounded with other patrons. The food, all fish dishes choses by the guests, was perfectly prepared and well presented. Though a little slow, it allowed us all to catch up and enjoy a bottle or two of wine. Short of going to the West coast, it has the best Halibut in town; always fresh and cooked perfectly. Highly recommend the Shore Club!Special Features:
- DelightfulSandyDined on 10/18/2014A group of six ladies and I celebrated my birthday at this restaurant and we were treated like royalty. The service was impeccable; very attentive and friendly servers, The food was exquisite (I had the crab cakes, and many of my friends had fish, and loved it). One minor deception: we had looked at the cocktail menu on the website ahead of time but it turned out to be outdated. That said, they offered to make any types of cocktails. We were on a tight timeline and our server made sure everything was timed perfectly. At the end of the night I was surprised with sumptuous brownie bytes for my birthday. From the moment we walked in, until the moment we left, they made us feel like queens. This place is a must for fine dining in Ottawa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food-too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014we had a great time and the food was very good but overpricedSpecial Features:
- Never disappointedPatrickDined on 10/2/2014I've been coming here since it opened. I started bringing my wife here. We had our wedding dinner there. Almost all of our special occasions have been celebrated there. We bring our baby girl there. And though I've always been happy, but our last dining experience was simply the best ever. There's some new management, and I don't know how he improved things, but has he ever. A great team serving the best steak with the best service. We can't recommend the place enough. Already trying to determine what loosely constitutes a special occasion so we can go back...tonight? ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Excellent - Noise HorrificJellybeanDined on 9/27/2014We were 3 ladies out celebrating a birthday, when we arrived the maitre d seated us right beside the noisy bar even though there were many other more suitable tables. My companions were 80 and 83 sedate NOT "energetic" as Open Table describes noise level! One of the ladies could only hear about 40% of the conversations. I felt that ageism and sexism could have been an issue. If this had been my first visit, I probably would not return. But I will return and be more persistent about a better table the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow service....wineguyVIPDined on 9/26/2014I have dined at the shore club in Vancouver and Toronto, and had much better experiences. I have even dined at the Ottawa location, and had better food and service. The service was slow, it took 15 minutes to be seated, despite having a reservation well in advance, and it took nearly 2.5 hours for dinner. The meals at the other locations were much, much better than the Ottawa location this time.
- very attentive servers and waiterworthareturnDined on 9/26/2014Food was very good with the exception of the deserts. We had pie for desert - key lime with hard crust, and coconut creme with little flavor and an extremely hard crust that took a lot of pressure to break into bite sized piecesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing!Trtls88Dined on 9/23/2014I have never tasted a rib steak bone in like I did tonight. Everything was simply amazing, the food was so delicious and the service was impeccable too. Absolutely loved it and would most certainly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnercolhawkDined on 9/20/2014We had a onderful experience ... servers and teh wonderful seafood made the evening very special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The food was awesome, the service was excellent. I would go there again. Thank you very much for all the little attentions you all gave for my 40th birthday. Memorable and unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost PerfectDocandProfDined on 8/31/2014Unfortunately the Shore Club had no control over this one. The family next to us had 3 young children. Not the problem. they were great-quiet, well behaved, their mother should be proud of them. The father- different story. Texting every 2 minutes. Not distracting either. But he had his notification alert on. beeped after every response was received. Should have brought my taser. Geoffrey-our waiter was excellent, the rest of the wait staff was very attentive. Absolutely no complaints. The seafood Tower alone is enough for 2. Can't go wrong with it. Great evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable serviceShiraDined on 8/31/2014Dined at the Shore Club Sunday evening; a young man's birthday celebration. We were a group of six. We were seated promptly on the upper deck at the back of the restaurant. Perfect location with more privacy. Outstanding service from servers. Our main server knew his menu and gave clear explanations of the various food selections. The wine selections that were suggested were super: a crisp, fruity white for the oyster course and a delicious full bodied, luscious vintage red for the main course. Fish and meats were well prepared and the sides plentiful for all to share. Both the Manager and Sommelier dropped by our table for a chat. A very pleasant evening indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Ottawa's bestProactvDined on 8/24/2014Love their menu. The best crab cakes ever. It's a must place for me to dine when in Ottawa.Special Features:
- Anniversary SpecialBigGDined on 8/23/2014Let them know it was our anniversary and they treated us like VIP's! Outstanding food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review for August 17, 2014dinersdelight74Dined on 8/17/2014We were given a gift card at xmas for the Shore Club Ottawa and decided to use it to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We were seated at a nice quiet booth that had a card wishing us a happy 40th anniversary. We were pleasantly surprised by the attention we received by our server who took time to explain the menu items since this was our first time there. The food was great, cooked to our liking. We chose the filet mignon and the pan fried pickerel, everything was delicious. We shared a Creme Brule for dessert. The dessert cup sat on a platter that had "Happy 40th Anniversary" written on it in chocolate syrup. We would certainly go back and highly recommended it to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 5 year wedding anniversaryLaineyDined on 8/8/2014Pros: - Attention to detail... We received a wonderful card congratulating us on our anniversary. - Excellent service. - Romantic ambience. - Delicious cocktails. - Tender steaks and generous side dish portions (note that entrees are a la carte). - Creme brûlée is the best we've ever had, not runny or cold inside. Cons: - Skip the scallop and shrimp ceviche. Extremely acidic. - The calamari was bland and not crispy. - Wine list is not that extensive. - Although tasty, our steaks were overcooked. Overall, we enjoyed our dinner and will return for another special evening in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 314 reviews are from the The Shore Club - Ottawa reviews archive.
- Such a great place!MarianDined on 7/29/2014Just love going to the Shore Club! It's a very special place. Everyone is very warm and welcoming and the food is fantastic. Hats off to the great staff and the outstanding Chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shore Club Westin HotelbrassyjanDined on 7/28/2014What a fabulous meal..it exceeded our expectations. The service was amazing..Stephen our server was very attentive and provided great suggestions for our meals. The steaks and seafood were outstanding ! The service is above and beyond. It was an excellent evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BORINGOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/22/2014We ordered stuffed trout. Portion was much too big and uninteresting. Amuse bouche was wonderful.
- BigMurDined on 7/21/2014This is an absolutely superb restaurant in every way. It is the very best in OttawaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate romantic birthdayFun2DineDined on 7/12/2014The Shore Club is a great place for an intimate, romantic diner. We celebrated my birthday and enjoyed it to the max. The food was delicious and the Cartagena wine from Casa Marin (Chili) was extraordinary. Staff played a perfect role and were so kind to present a perfect fit desert. Thank you so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service / CostcolhawkDined on 7/12/2014The service from Tammy and her shadow (waitress in training: Paige) was professional, attentive, and fun ... they really added to the experience in a positive way without being intrusive. The atmosphere was nice and with local parking it is all so convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place to celebrate!vdotDined on 6/23/2014I made my reservation at the Shore Club 2 weeks in advance because I anticipated lots of people would be wanting to celebrate there after the Call to the Bar at the NAC which is across the canal from the restaurant. We were not disappointed. The restaurant had the ambience and was an intimate setting to celebrate. Our reservation was at 1 pm for 6 people. They brought us a champagne list when they found out it was a special occasion. Our server, Jean, and his team were highly attentive. My water glass was always full. The menu was great - local and fresh, but with some neat additions: my mom and I had the fish tacos, the tuna nicoise salad was a hit with my in-laws. They pampered us and even brought out a plate of free choc chip cookies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shore Club OttawaCherDined on 6/21/2014Nice ambiance, good food. All meals a la carte, so very expensive but very good. Well located in the Westin hotel in heart of Ottawa's tourist area. Good choice for an elegant meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok but not greatTomLDined on 6/18/2014The food was good but not worth the price. The service was excellent - very attentive and caring.
- Dinner1234Dined on 6/15/2014Fantastic dinner at the shore club. Owen was an incredible host. Thank you.Special Features:
- Very goodElaineDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I visited the restaurant for his birthday and we were glad to have chosen the ShoreClub. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine diningNicknameDined on 6/7/2014The meal my wife and I had was outstanding. The staff were friendly, funny and attentive. Owen did a great job. Albeit pricey, the meal was worth every penny. I stared out with the crab cake that was filled with hunks of crab meat. Followed by fried chicken which was great! My wife had the tenderloin that was cooked to perfection. One of us still had room for dessert. The key lime pie looked delicious.Special Features:
- GREAT COMFORTABLE RELIABLEDonziDined on 6/5/2014When you want a comfortable spot a reliable menu and great staff, head to The Shore Club!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014You made our 25th wedding anniversary a perfect night. Thank you so much.Special Features:
- Business OptionaldineandlearnVIPDined on 5/28/2014The suits are everywhere. The conversations subdued, and sometimes intense. So the protein content must be high. Yet some of the culinary techniques are interesting - like soaking shoe-string potatoes in vinegar and salt before deep-frying. Or wrapping a more-than-you-need-size of beef in duxelles held in place with thinly sliced overlapping potatoes rounds. The scalloped potatoes, tasty. Is the chef Irish? But the service was great. When the black forest cake arrived very dry, the cost was removed from the bill. On a second occasion the appetizer salad was doubled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wines123VIPDined on 5/26/2014The short ribs were great and if you show up before 7 oysters are a buck each. great deal!Special Features:
- Best steak ever.MrEarnerDined on 5/24/2014The steak dethroned our favorite Hy's Steakhouse. It was amazing. The seafood tower is a must (100$) share-able between 2, 3 or 4 persons. Try the Artemis wine (175$) if you can afford it, otherwise their California's are delicious too. Service is impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!InloveDined on 5/17/2014My fiancé proposed to me this weekend and the first restaurant we went to celebrate was the shore club. No one that worked there knew that and they still made the experience amazing! I thought they had known by the way they were treating us but they had no idea. I would return to this restaurant in a heart beat! The food was amazing, the drinks were amazing, and most importantly, the service was exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.