The Ship Restaurant
24 Broadway-Rte 1 South
Lynnfield, MA 01940Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Ship Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theshiprestaurant.com/
- Phone: (781) 584-8286
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9: 00pm,
Friday and Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm,
Sunday: 11:30am - 8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Ship Restaurant
Discover the "new" Ship Restaurant! We are under new management and crew. We offer New England and Italian favorites prepared under the guidance of the very talented Chef Nello Caccioppoli.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Ship Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (4)romantic (3)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great all aroundCERFROMNYCDined on 11/7/2014Staying in Wakefied and as this restaurant was recommended gave it a try. Great service, nice atmosphere and our food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionmjeldDined on 9/27/2014Everything from the food to the waiter was wonderful. Thank you, we could not have asked for anything more. Spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Ship Is Ship Shape!foodie105VIPDined on 8/26/2014What a wonderful dining experience we had the other evening at The Ship in Lynnfield. It has passed into new ownership after having been closed for 3 years. The emphasis is on Italian and freshly made. We ended our delicious meal with homemade lemon sorbet in a frozen lemon shell. Delightfully refreshing. The Maitre D' and server named Rocco hailed from the Calabria region of Italy. He could not do enough for my 92 year old mother-in-law, Antoinette, whose mother was from Calabria also. It didn't take long for them both to happily converse in Italian. Everything was remarkable from the food to the service from start to finish. I actually felt as if we were dining in Europe; no detail was overlooked. I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great! Service not so muchKep103Dined on 8/8/2014Food was great! However the service was lacking especially when the restaraunt only had a few people in it. On my open table reservation I had ordered dessert to say "happy birthday" and I called the restaraunt to confirm that they would just bring it out without ordering it and they did not, so that was a little disappointing especially because I had called and confirmed and there was no one in the restaraunt. The server only seemed to care about getting the bill out and her tip. The food was great and reasonably priced! I would recommend the ship to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re-Do of a favoritechetzakDined on 8/8/2014A visit for the 1st time since the late 60's while visiting the Salem area - good choice. Food was very good, ambiance excellent. Roco filled in for a missing bartender ( dinner at the bar ) and was attentive and friendly A definite return next time in SalemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 33 reviews are from the The Ship Restaurant reviews archive.
- out with friendssnowwhite50VIPDined on 7/26/2014We went out to dinner with some friends before going to see a tribute to Elvis so we decided to try out the restaurant called The Ship the place was nice and clean the waitress was friendly and always around we order and the drinks were good and the food was also good...we would recommend The Ship for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/25/2014My husband thought the paella was the best he's had in a very long time. My cod was good but tasted a little off because it was on top of basil which gave it a strong taste- didn't seem to go well. Otherwise it was good.Special Features:
- charming venueLinnyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Charming space with fresh tasty American food and reasonable prices They accommodated 10 of us and no one in our party had anything but praise for the food and service.Special Features:
- very small portions for the pricesawsuDined on 7/11/2014The interior was beautiful; nautical themed, light and airy. Service was very friendly though not 100 knowledgeable about menu. One of the items we ordered for an appetizer was not available. Place was virtually empty at 6:40 on a Friday night, so not sure why and no explanation was offered. Portions are very small considering the prices for example $9 got me the smallest martini I’ve every seen. $18 for a lobster roll that was scantly filled – knuckles and claw meat which I think was previously frozen. Two of us for dinner – bread basket had 2 rolls, two pads of butter. Overall flavors were fine, plating was pretty. Considering all my other choices of places to dine I doubt I’d go back to The Ship.
- chefgirlDined on 6/18/2014Consistently good, friendly waitstaff. Nice quiet bar scene. The Mussels and Little Neck combo appetizer was delicious. The Mushroom Risotto is also a delicious side dish. The decor is a little on the sterile side, not as cosey or warm as the original Ship, but still very comfortable.Special Features:
- awesome resraurantSteveVIPDined on 5/17/2014The food is the best and it's a must try!!! Everyone is so nice and you won't be sorryI would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!TheOsDined on 5/11/2014If you haven't been to The Ship lately, you owe it to yourself to give it a try! After a few sub-par occupants of this iconic building, it is now family owned and operated by the nicest folks! The staff is wonderful and the menu is excellent! We've been for dinner, for a holiday party, and for Mothers Day brunch, and each time it was spot-on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- markoDined on 5/11/2014Food excellent. service excellent. price reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Long-Standing Restaurant IconBecca800Dined on 5/11/2014I have not been here since I was in high school. I had left the area since. I have family in the area and I was lucky enough to procure reservations here for Mother's Day. I'm happy to say that it was just as awesome as I remembered. Actually - it was better. The food was incredible. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbmjeldDined on 5/11/2014Incredible food, prime rib was excellent and our party of 7 enjoyed our waiter's knowledge of food on the menu. We has a wonderful time and have already recommended several friends and family. Cannot wait to go back to the Ship for another terrific meal. Everyone should make this a stop if they want to have good food, great atmosphere, nice and courteous staff. One word GO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique decor; great food!JackoVIPDined on 5/6/2014Visited the Ship on a Tuesday night; just the three of us another couple and a table of 8 women all talking loudly at once! They were loud but we tuned them out. The Ship is very clean and neat inside - and of course nautical - tastefully done. Our serve, Stormy, yes Stormy, was wonderful. If you like smoked salmon, they had a special with noodles and asparagus in a light cream sauce that was excellent. The homemade crab stuffed raviolis were a real winner - chock full of crab! Fresh baked rolls came with dinner. The Ship was a good choice for Rt 1 South - we would not hesitate to return.Special Features:
- The best restaurant!!!!!!!!!!SteveVIPDined on 4/20/2014We went here for Easter and it was absolutely awesome. They had a 3 corse menu for only 25.00. This meal was worth at least 75.00 per person. We had an awesome salad and the presentation was awesome. Then we had lamb shank. It was the best I ever had an the desert was also fantastic. I can't say enough good thing about this restaurant. Everyone should try it and then you will be hook like us. The people working there are also so awesome and so friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014Our waitress was very attentive, food was delicious and the chocolate soufflé dessert given as a birthday treat was YUMMY!! We definitely will go back!
- Awesome PlaceSteveVIPDined on 4/15/2014Its a must try and everyone is so friendly. The food is so awesome and the service is always A+. You won't be sorry for trying this restaurant. It is better than most boston resaurant.
- food is consistently good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014food is consistently good. service is outstanding.Special Features:
- food was excellent great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2014food was excellent great service and the portions wwere goodsizeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very bland foodLorianneDined on 4/6/2014When the waitress came to our table she asked what we wanted, very limited menu. She did not mention any dinner specials, which we thought was strange. Then the party sat behind us their waiter told them right away what the specials were, I immediately checked with our waitress who answered their may be a few left, mind you dinner started at 4pm we were there at 4:15pm, which also does not seem correct as their was only 1 table left. I told her I would like to change my order for one the specials and she answered that she would see if any left and returned say they changed my order. The food was very bland the ceasar salad came without dressing and I asked for some it had no taste, dinner was the same nothing to brag about.
- Nice PlaceJimb12345Dined on 4/4/2014We had a very good meal. The place was not that busy unfortunately for them. I would definitely recommend it. Great seafood on the menu, lots of different options, good wine list, friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurant!!!SteveVIPDined on 3/23/2014This is a hidden jewel of the north shore. Everything Is excellent and very big portions. If you try this restaurant Just one time you will be hooked and will keep on coming back. This is what happend to us. We just love it and everyone is just so Nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- come back many timespaulaDined on 3/15/2014Great menu. Lots of choices. Big portions. Love the Paella! Service wonderful. Lots of attention and wonderful servers. Reservations accepted on weekends too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was pretty good.HappyVIPDined on 3/15/2014Food was good, Service was good, My Wife loved the drinks she had. Nothing bad to say. Id go backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely amazingSteveVIPDined on 3/11/2014One of the best restaurants on the North Shore and everyone is so friendly and nice. We love the restaurant and can't wait too come back. We've had many dishes there and everyone has been amazing. Can't say enough good things about this restaurant. If you don't try this restaurant in your lifetime you'll be sorry!!!!!! :)
- Nice FindCaptainJim2Dined on 3/10/2014The restaurant is on Route 1 so easy to get to. Very nice interior. Good menu with a nice selection and some good drink choices also. Our waitress(Kelly) was very nice and attentive. A very pleasant atmosphere made for a great dining experience.Try it once. You'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kat1950kat1950Dined on 3/8/2014I dined at The Ship on Saturday night with my husband and friends. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. The menu has a nice variety of choices and I found the wine list to be extensive. I would highly recommend The Ship to anyone who is interested in good food and a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasently SurprisedSantaDined on 2/22/2014I have been driving past "the ship" for a long time and never stopped, just figured it was an "old school early bird special" type of place. Not so. It was tastefully decorated in a nautical theme (not over done) and the wait staff/reception was very friendly and may have "got the message" from some earlier posts! Lunch menu was more limited than I had hoped but still a decent selection. My kids who are very picky loved it, my wife and I ordered pasta, both were very tasty, fresh and well prepared. After looking at the expanded dinner menu I would not hesitate to go back for dinner. So overall we were pleasantly surprised and recommend the Ship to anyone sailing by (sorry couldnt resist)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had their Valentine SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014I had their Valentine Special and it was delicious and very reasonably priced - the service was great also.Special Features:
- The ShipnorthshoreDined on 2/13/2014I have been to The Ship a few times for lunch since they have re-opened and it has always been good. Went early on Valentine's Day evening and although the food and service were both excellent, we did not like the way the diners were spread out. The main dining room was not full when we arrived and still were seated in a back room with only 2 other couples. I guess they were trying to spread people out, but I would have much preferred to sit in the main dining area. Maybe they should seat there first and then use back area only when necessary. Not sure if this arrangement had something to do with the number of reservations they had, but it was kind of lonely! I will go back but will request different seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet NightNEmanueleDined on 2/12/2014My boyfriend and I had a voucher for The Ship and decided a Wednesday night seemed like a fair night to try out the place. We made a reservation for 7:15, assuming it would be busy. When we arrived, there was only one table with people, the bar was empty, but the hostess said it's much busier on the weekends. The waiter who brought our water & bread was not very friendly, a bit rude actually. Our waiter, Nick, was great though. Very pleasant, very attentive. I had the capellini and my boyfriend had the pork tenderloin, which he said was overcooked. Overall the service was good and so wasn't the food. The next time we try it out, we'd like to give the bar a shot.Special Features:
- The Ship is BackNannyCamDined on 2/7/2014Pleasantly surprised Friday night by the food and the service at The Ship in Lynnfield. Nine of us for a birthday celebration. We all got something different and everyone enjoyed their entree. The salads were crisp and fresh and they offered a variety of dressings including a light lemon vinegarette that was different and delicious. Seafood, ribs, pork tenderloin, pork chop, chicken piccata, and warm crusty dinner rolls. All good. Give them a try. A little pricey for the casual atmosphere, but we would definitely go back! (Under new ownership.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/1/2014We made reservations for 5 and waited just over a half-hour to be seated. We were disappointed with the host table. Had the restaurant staff been apologetic, or offered to find us a place at the bar while we waited for our table, it may have helped set the night off on the right foot. Our server was very sweet and tried her very best, but the staff seemed "in the weeds" and stressed. We waited awhile to get our drinks from the bar. When the manager brought over the drinks from the bar and my father said something, she had no reaction and walked away. It was weird. We thought we were in for an uneventful night. Surprisingly, the food came out very quickly and everyone was incredibly pleased with the meal and dessert was wonderful.
- Food is decent, staff not so muchluv2dineVIPDined on 2/1/2014Pleasantly surprised by the caliber of the food, but the staff truly needs some serious training on time management skills and learning how to be a team player. Understand that sometimes things happen in the kitchen, but when there are 20 minute delays between ordering drinks and food and receiving them (and then having them both be wrong), asking for the check and taking forever to bring it, etc., there does come a point where not EVERYTHING is the fault of the kitchen and some is the fault of the wait staff. That is the reason why we won't be back, which is a shame because the food was surprisingly good.Special Features:
- I've passed by this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/13/2014I've passed by this restaurant countless times in the past 4 years since moving to the North Shore but this is our first time checking it out. Oh what I've been missing! Service was timely and friendly. Food was really tasty and HUGE portions, including their alcoholic drinks. The music was perfect... totally helped to set the mood. We'll definitely be back to this hidden gem on the North Shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely FabulousSalemgalDined on 12/31/2013A friend and I decided at the last minute to go out to dinner. Through Open Table we found a table at The Ship. They had a four course special that evening that was delicious! I'm looking forward to going to The Ship again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.