The Shannon Rose Irish Pub
1200 Rt 17 North
Ramsey, NJ 07446Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
The Shannon Rose Irish Pub
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theshannonrose.com/shannon-rose-ramsey/
- Phone: 2019627602
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: starting at 11:00am
Dinner: Monday, Tuesday, Sunday: until 12:30am
Wednesday & Thursday: until 1:00am
Friday & Saturday: until 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live music entertainment (DJs, Bands, Irish & Acoustic), televised sporting matches, and unique events and promotions such as St. Patrick’s Day and Halfway to St. Patrick’s Day.
A word from The Shannon Rose Irish Pub
Before you even step foot into The Shannon Rose Irish Pub, the pub-shop exterior architecture and Gaelic phrases will make you feel like you’ve been transported to Dublin. Inside you'll find four bars, large dining rooms, and a friendly staff. In our traditional pub atmosphere, you’ll feel continents away from America! The Shannon Rose features an abundance of mouthwatering appetizers and traditional Irish fare, including corned beef and cabbage, shepherd’s pie, and Guinness beef stew. You'll want to try them all! The pub is open daily for lunch and dinner. Each pub features over 20 beers on tap, including Guinness, craft beers and your favorite domestics, along with great great scotch malts, Irish whiskeys, signature cocktails & wine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Shannon Rose Irish Pub - Best Restaurants in Ramsey ›
The Shannon Rose Irish Pub reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (15)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (10)neighborhood gem (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Enjoyed the Ambiance5starDined on 9/6/2014Selected this restaurant because it was strategically located for my friend and I. There was live irish music, a plus. The wait staff were friendly and sat us where we could converse easily but still hear the music. I ordered the fish n' chips which were lightly battered pieces of cod, fries and a small bit of coleslaw. Served with a lemon slice and tartar sauce, it was delicious. My friend ordered the open face reuben, also served with fries. The food was freshly prepared and served hot. Beer selection is pretty good too. We spent a pleasant afternoon catching up and were under no pressure to "hurry". We really enjoyed our lunch and plan to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub food diningBocafoodiesDined on 8/2/2014Super lean corned beef. Can't believe I'm saying this, but maybe actually TOO lean & lacking flavor. Great Irish soda bread. Lamb shepards pie hardly had any lamb! Unequal salmon portions. Salmon entree portion was considerably smaller than another fellow diners salmon over salad. Corned beef sliders had plenty of corned beef on each, but not enough everything else(melted cheese,sauerkraut, dressing) to make them flavorful. They were also not hot & juicy, so the cheese was solidified. Very very sweet & accommodating waitstaff, although one fellow diner never got his 2nd drink request. Never complained re these issues.Too caught up in conversation with fellow diners. Very large menu. Early is great for families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food1monroeDined on 8/1/2014Nice Place Good service , Very Busy got luck and got a more quiet table. Plenty of parking, Waiter good.Special Features:
- A surpriseDowliphDined on 7/4/2014We had a party of 9 call for a last minute meal and were pleasently surprised. The food was very good. Fish and Chipos were as good as I had in Ireland. Other entries were tasty and filling. Sandwiches were creative. Our only issue was the service. It seemed like the server had just been hired and had no idea what the drink menu was. The front end was very confused and sat our party in two seperate rooms until they realozed their mistake.Special Features:
- Customer focusedSimpleDinerDined on 6/10/2014The good was great, and the service was outstanding. I had to work during lunch, and asked for a quiet corner where I could work. Despite my situation, the waitress, who was training a new employee, stopped by often enough so I knew she hadn't forgotten about me, and stayed away enabling me to get my work done. Lacy was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 22 reviews are from the The Shannon Rose Irish Pub reviews archive.
- Excellent servicesppwmpDined on 5/17/2014Husband and I came here on weekend, was thrilled to be able to reserve thru Open Table on a Saturday night @7, otherwise I never would've came, thinking it'd be too crowded. Was seated immediately and had great service from a guy (Mike?) with a slight Brogue, which added to the authenticity of the place. He was a great server - very understated, but always checking on us and in hindsight we probably should have said something to the manager. Food was good - I loved the French Onion soup - it was a thicker broth than usual, but had a very good, unique taste. Husband had Beef Stew and loved it. I also had the roast beef/gravy sandwich, which was pretty good, maybe could have used a bit more meat. Love this place and their men selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar AreaLowriderDined on 5/16/2014I went specifically to sit in the bar area that is extremely large with both Tables, Bar etc. Great Spot. Would definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAIRFRENCHYBVIPDined on 5/1/2014MY MEAL THIS TIME WERE NO COOK PROPERLY, THE SERVER COMPLETELY FORGET ABOUT THIS TABLE, WE DIDN'T HAVE A GOOD TIME AT ALLSpecial Features:
- aaaaVIPDined on 4/18/2014Overall our food was good. We did have 2 misses. A rueben showed up with virtually no sauerkraut on it and Shannon Rose burger had an uneatable piece of "taylor ham" on it. Easy to remove and the rest of the burger was fine. Great beer selection.
- “Shannon is changing !”Mickey52Dined on 4/18/2014The last two times we have been to the Shannon Rose have had problems. The kitchen staff and or Manager, is not communicating with the wait staff. The kitchen is changing what is being described to the customer or are changing what is being listed on the menu and not asking the patron if that is OK. They are taking liberties that are not acceptable.
- Friday night dinnerfamilyof4Dined on 4/18/2014Good Irish pub fare: shepherd's pie and the fish and chips. My daughters liked the chicken penne vodka and the kids chicken tenders. Crawfiish bisque special was very good. We liked that the desserts were not exorbitantly priced.Special Features:
- A reminder of IrelandOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014I was very impressed with The Shannon Rose. We were a table of seven and were immediately shown to our table as we walked in. (I had made reservations that morning.). Our server, Rich, was so helpful and pleasant; he is a treasure to your restaurant! The food was delicious...all enjoyed our various entrees. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Excellent night outdiningoutDined on 4/5/2014Food and service were excellent. Everyone enjoyed appetizers, soup and dinners tremendously. We've been only once before and it was just as good as last time. They sat us promptly for our reservation time. Entire staff is very friendly, nice to see.Special Features:
- Crowded, noisy and funLucky17Dined on 4/5/2014Our open table reservation was waiting for us as we strolled past a packed lobby to take our seats. The appearance and ambience suited us, bright red and black restaurant exterior with Irish Gaelic phrases lettered in gold, casual interior, noisy and friendly. Our group of 2 grandmothers, 2 kids and 2 adults had a fine time enjoying dinner at the Shannon Rose. The reuben sandwiches and sweet potato fries were just fine. The hangar steak was cooked perfectly and came with nice steamed vegetables and roasted potatoes. I've forgotten what else we ordered but there were no complaints ... Service was friendly, and responsive whenever we waved to our waitress in the busy dining room. This was our 3rd visit, and we will be back.Special Features:
- This joint is jumpin!mitchVIPDined on 3/29/2014Great local atmosphere, always packed, great cocktails, and good pub food. Very friendly staff and patrons - a good place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.BoltstardragonDined on 2/23/2014Food was great service was outstanding. Menu had good variety including gluten free options and also vegetarian. The prices were reasonable and the portions were substantial. This is one place I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlaceHubert04Dined on 2/15/2014We are very picky when it comes to restaurants and where we will eat. However, this one is fantastic! It's always our first choice! If you love Irish food, and even if you don't, its an excellent place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shannon Rose is never a disappointmMiloVIPDined on 1/31/2014Shannon Rose is never a disappointment. We always have a great meal and a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMikeSDined on 1/26/2014Corn beef and cabbage and Lemon Chicken were fair at best, the hamburger was supposed to come on a pretzel roll but instead came on an English Muffin.Special Features:
- Delightful DiningDarlaLynnDined on 1/25/2014We loved the atmosphere. The menu had a creative selection. We will be back again as they also provided gluten free options for one of our daughters. The meal was very enjoyable and a generous portion. We took dessert to go and enjoyed every bite later that evening. Recommend it highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Irish Gem!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/18/2014My family, friends and I enjoyed a great night out! I can't wait to go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good times!LorraineDined on 1/18/2014We had a large party & wanted something quick and easy (think Pot Pie and Burgers) but a step up from a diner. We were celebrating a birthday. Service was great, & sat at a terrific large round booth that felt like our own private space! There was music which added to the party atmosphere (my elderly father in law commented and the person seating us offered to turn it lower to accommodate him but it was fine and we suggested he leave it), made for a terrific time. Everyone enjoyed their food and we all agreed to return again. It's centrally located for our group, right off Rt 17, parking is ample and the waitstaff is friendly and professional. Would highly recommend and would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceDebraDined on 1/10/2014Service was great, had a great time there and the food was great also. I had the lemon artichoke chicken, loved it!Special Features:
- New Years Eve Early SeatingPainterDined on 12/31/2013I can only speak to this one evenings experience. There were four of us. It was busy with many families but they honored our reservation right away. The waitress was understandable harried but very pleasant. She got our drinks first and gave us time to review the menu. We never felt pushed. After we ordered we were told that they were out of one of our entrees. She apologized and offered us another choice. The food was served in a timely manner. The waitress asked if everything was in order several times. All and all it was a very pleasant evening on a busy night. I would recommend it if you are looking for a casual pleasant Pub atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly not cliche...AiredaleVIPDined on 12/28/2013Really nice atmosphere, good food and service, and the random live music and bar offerings take this place to what feels like a more authentic Irish pub experience. Would definitely recommend for a fun, informal outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good portionsKarenDined on 12/24/2013Great food, good portions reasonably priced. We've already recommended to several people. First time there, definitely going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and good time !Dinner4twoDined on 12/13/2013We have finally got a chance to try Shannon Rose and are glad we did. Great atmosphere, lively and fun. Excellent menu and apps were delicious. They have their own Ale which is recommended and a good choice. Friendly waiter and attentive service. Have already recommended to friends and will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.