10660 Forest Hill Blvd
Wellington, FL 33474Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 5617911616x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch served daily
11am to 4:30pm
Sunday through Thursday
5pm to 10 pm
Friday & Saturday
5pm to 11pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Seahorse
Opening for Season November 7thContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
The Seahorse - Best Restaurants in Wellington ›
The Seahorse reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (29)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (18)romantic (14)great for outdoor dining (8)notable wine list (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- AmazingNadigirlDined on 9/16/2014First time at this restaurant, and we will definitely be back soon. From the moment we walked in the door the service was impeccable. We were greeted by the manager who quickly sat us at a table. The decor of the restaurant was very nice. We love the fish tank. Kudos to the chef who made an amazing dinner for my husband and I. I had the grilled local fish (cobia) grilled to perfection, he had fish and chips. The calamari was probably the best I've had and the pretzel roll that they brought was perfect. We saved room for dessert and had the chocolate fondue which came with little doughnuts made in house, delish!!!! Everything about this restaurant was top notch! Looking forward to next visit. One must try the 4 course special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CherieDined on 9/12/2014Nick (our server) is worth the visit. Ask for him. You will not be sorry.Special Features:
- OystersFifigDined on 8/22/2014They were so delicious that my husband wanted to start againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and incredible foodDaisyVIPDined on 8/12/2014The service here was unparalleled. The host, waiter and even the owner made sure to go out of their way to get us anything we needed. The food is also so delicious for an amazing price. Check out the chefs menu for a great 4 course meal for only $29!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- solid wellington op optionRoyalairforce25VIPDined on 8/10/2014good meal overall had a great time and will return
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014We went to the seahorse for our two year anniversary and the general manager made sure our night was special! Food was fantastic, drinks were delicious, and the waitress was very knowledgable and friendly. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBoysofsommersDined on 8/2/2014The service was excellent - the food was outstanding - a hidden gem - a must stop while in WellingtonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/2/2014It starts by how you are greeted when you arrive and continues thru the meal. Stylish ambiance sets the mood for a wonderful dining experience. No special occasion needed to dine at Seahorse. Food is fresh and delicious and beautifully presented.Special Features:
- RaddadDined on 8/2/2014Everything was just right the evening we ate here. Good food prepared perfectly and a great wait staff. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantSterlingDined on 7/25/2014The Seahorse has wonderful chef inspired selections. We had great service and enjoyed our experience. We will be back again and recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Great food, slow serviceTazzDined on 7/19/2014This is my second time here in two weeks. First time, a week day, the food and service were both excellent. This time, a Saturday evening, the food remained at the same high quality but service was exceptionally slow. Three hours for dinner is a little on the long side when nothing special was ordered. Ending on a positive note, the food quality remained very high. Given a choice I will always take great food over faster service. We need good restaurants in our neighborhood, hope this is a simple fix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My birthday dinnerTazzDined on 7/9/2014My wife asked where I wanted to gave dinner for my birthday. The decision was simple, The Seahorse! Great food and good selection, friendly staff, convenient location. I'm never disappointed when I go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDrjoelDined on 7/3/2014Seafood was wonderful Portions are large Chefs choice for 29 was a real dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for a kingCherieDined on 7/3/2014The lobster bisque was fantastic as well as the oysters. The service is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have to try the pretzel loaf !!2013Dined on 6/24/2014Our server was very friendly, attentive to every detail, actually took the time to explain items on the menu that were new to us and made great suggestions rather than push pricey items on us. She was awesome! The manager was very involved in the dining experience and went to great lengths to make sure everyone in the restaurant was taken care of. The presentation of the 4-course meal was absolutely beautiful and the meals were amazingly delicious! We enjoyed the salmon and the chilean sea bass. Having a full bar was a plus! They bring you the most fantastic pretzel loaf with homemade dijon mustard butter - you have to try it to believe how delicious it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCeeFoodieDined on 6/20/2014This is one of our favorite places...we always enjoy our visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and Good serviceLizzieCDined on 6/14/2014Our first time at this restaurant and we were very impressed. The atmosphere is nicely done (under the sea vibe) although a smidge pretentious. But that can be fun too ;) Our server was excellent. He took the time to make recommendations and suggestions of substitutions that worked with my diet needs. The food was incredible. Attention to detail, flavor profiles, and aesthetically pleasing. Also, the prix fixe menu is very reasonably priced. We had a terrific time and can't wait to come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value!2tellVIPDined on 6/13/2014The Chef's Menu is a must-do. The selection is good and all of the offerings are very good.Special Features:
- GoodFoodloverVIPDined on 6/6/2014Third time back and enjoyed it as much as before..Food very good and served with attractive presentation. Waitress was very accommodating and personable, Manager on the scene and checking that all were happy.Special Features:
- Dinner was amazingjan2014VIPDined on 6/1/2014We enjoyed it very very much, Our waiter Nick who is also the manager was a wonderful. He advised us of the specials, and remembered our names and talked with us he made the night very special. We had the 4 course prie fix and each course was better than the next. Definitely going to try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentdfriedmnDined on 5/31/2014Seahorse is a real find. We've eaten there several times over the last year and have never been disappointed. The seafood is always really fresh - I especially love the oysters, and the cooked fish is always done just right. The wait staff is attentive and knowledgeable. I must admit that I always eat outside, so I don't know what the inside ambiance is like, but I go there for the quiet patio and the food. The chef has a creative knack for combining tastes, and things like the Nacane salad, one of my favorites, are a real treat. Bottom line, this is a terrific little restaurant that seems to be underappreciated. What's not to love about really fresh seafood, creative side dishes and a cozy little outside patio?Special Features:
- solid wellington open table optionRoyalairforce25VIPDined on 5/31/2014service was good as were the lobster rolls and shrimp curry bowl. wife thought sea bass was undercooked will return
- The following 52 reviews are from the The Seahorse reviews archive.
- Local FavoriteWeeklyDinerVIPDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant has become a local 'go-to' for us. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The manager, Bu is friendly and makes his own infused vodkas. While we usually order off of the Chef's Menu, it gets periodic changes so we are able to try new things. The sriracha deviled egg appetizer was light with a nice build up of flavor. The new wedge salad was the perfect size and was refreshing. The necane salad is always a great choice as well. Tenderloin entrees were done perfectly and you can't go wrong with truffle fries. The $20 corkage fee makes bringing your own wine affordable and we always try to share with staff. If you have the chance, come to the Seahorse, especially now that it is open through the summerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Seahorse.....finallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014We have been wanting to check out this restaurant for some time because of the previous reviews. We were not disappointed at all! Very good service, food was really good and a notch above in terms of presentation. Each dish seemed to have something a little different. Clam chowder and crab cake appetizers were great. My wife said the salmon was "the best". The chef's special was full of great seafood. Two of our party had one of the chef's 4 course dinner specials. They were both great, and a great value. At first glance, it might be a little higher priced than say Bonefish Grill but if you do the 4 course dinner specials it's about the same or less with food presented in a more interesting manner. Highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- A very nice experienceGoodFoodloverVIPDined on 5/9/2014Returned a second time with friends and all thought the food and ambiance were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1trickponyDined on 5/8/2014Get the service right. You have better-than-avarage food, but every time I'm there, the service has MAJOR flaws, whether during Circuit or after/before. Your Chef's Menu is so good! Please, though, make smaller portions -- this is not The Olive Garden or Carrabbas. Most of all, and for all the Fashion restaurants in Wellington, make all feel welcome and not just the crowd of the moment: otherwise, it will come back and bite you
- Delicious !OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/22/2014The sushi rolls, pretzel bread, and chicken salad were wonderful. The mac and cheese is just sinfully good - had to take it home to finish !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT ROMANTIC DINING EXPERIENCEpashaDined on 4/20/2014The seahorse restaurant was outstanding in all respects. The food was superb and beautiful. The service was fantastic. The restaurant is better than any of the restaurants on palm beach island for a healthy beautiful dinner. It is the best restaurant in the area. The do not rush anything. The staff is so pleasant and friendly. I will be sure to make this my regular dining out destination.Special Features:
- SoooooGooooodCeeFoodieDined on 4/10/2014We have eaten there several times and have always had a good experience. Focus is on seafood but there other things available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seahorse Rocks!TraveleenieDined on 4/4/2014This is a new restaurant in Wellington. The experience was excellent. We were a party of six we all had four courses . Among our crowd, most of the menu was eaten and everyone enjoyed their dinner. I had the seared sesame tuna and it was scrumptious. All the food was served hot, beautifully plated, the drinks were generous pours , and the service was perfect. The location ( strip center ,store front), is the only element keeping this eatery from a full 5 star review. We will be returning often.Special Features:
- Dined there on a Tuesday evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/1/2014Dined there on a Tuesday evening. We enjoyed the outdoor seating, the food (broiled scallops and grilled mahi with shrimp scampi) was very good. Our server was very pleasan; the service, howver, was very slow. It took approximately 20 minutes for our cocktails to arrive. Overall, a welcome addition to the Wellington restuarant scene. I hope that they can tighten-up the service. Based on our experience on a slow night with only 7-8 people seated outdoors, we would be hesitant to go there on a busy weekend night.
- We had to be patientmbalexDined on 3/29/2014We were on time for our reservation, but the restaurant was running way behind due to inclement weather. The manager did everything he could to accommodate us and keep us from leaving. He comped our drinks and hors d'ouevres to make up for our having to wait 1 1/2 hours to finally be seated. We're glad we stayed because the meal was wonderful and the food was delicious. We will return because of the manager who obviously loves his work and because The Seahorse is a very good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Swank1trickponyDined on 3/28/2014Our food was wonderful. We all enjoyed seafood and salads, all of which were perfect. The lobster bisque tasted just a tad too tomatoe-y and could have been called "Tomatoe Bisque". Perhaps some more lobster, chef? The waiter was an adorable, enthusiastic young man who needs some more training and focus. He took our drink and wine orders, and while the barteneder made the cocktails the waiter delivered menus to another table and got them water. He then retrieved the bottle of wine, brought it to the table, opened it, poured a glass, said enjoy and started to walk off...we gentley reminded him of the two drinks sitting on the bar. Overall, it was a great experience, so this is just trying to be helpful. We'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YvesandboocrispconneseurVIPDined on 3/14/2014Our waiter Yves was charming and efficient... Mgr Boo on top of the game... Always smiling always helpful... A can do spirit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale CasualBigeyeViewVIPDined on 2/25/2014Our party had the salmon, grouper and shrimp with scallops. Each meal served uniquely, and carefully prepared. The grouper with the chorizo sauce was extra, but well worth the price. Chopped salad will serve two. Lobster roll was an excellent app. Adequate wine list, roughly 3x store price and full bar. Did not sample desserts, but the list is tempting. The coffee is exceptional. Noise level was high inside due to hardwood floor and drapeless walls and ceiling. Quieted down after a group left. Outdoors might be a better choice on a warm night. Servers are mostly young but experienced and efficient. "How is everything" was asked early and often. With a bottle of wine, tax and tip, four meals with apps should be about $300 and worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceLovefoodDined on 2/21/2014Found thru yellow pages, so had no idea what to expect. It was truly delightful. Food was absolutely fantastic, great wine list and wonderful night on patio. Would recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big disappointmentelwoodDined on 2/14/2014We went for Valentines Day. The place was beautifully decorated and the servers wore special outfits for Valentines' Day. The food was very good and enjoyable. When it finally arrived. Our server told us the owner had rented extra tables and chairs because of the many reservation requests. They were understaffed and overwhelmed. The wait staff was not well trained. One of our dirty appetizer dishes was on the table until dessert was cleared. Our server walked past that dish no less than 20 times. The kitchen was overwhelmed as well. Often a server walked by us to drop off 1 drink or 1 plate, and then went back to the kitchen empty handed as dirty dishes piled up on our table. The owner really let his Chef and and his customers down.
- Valentine specialseafoodcrazyDined on 2/14/2014We were excited to try the Seahorse as we had been to other fashion cuisine restaurants. Unfortunately we pi led the busiest day of the year to go. The restaurant was slammed and had extra tables set up; still they were overwhelmed. The food was really great. The server was pleasant knowledgeable and concerned but too busy. We will have to fry the place again on a regular night to give them a fair chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!Kalman42Dined on 2/13/2014What a great finding. Excellent sea food selection, very well prepared, nicely displayed in the plate, with great appetite appeal. This is a keeper, as well as its sister restaurant Oli's , nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceBurgerbuddiesVIPDined on 2/1/2014We had a very pleasant evening at the Seahorse. We opted to sit outside. The tables were a nice size with very appealing settings. Our waitress was very helpful and attentive. The wine by the glass list had very good choices. We both loved our very imaginative salads. My entree which was the special of the day was well prepared and tasty but not outstanding. I would definitely make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.