The Seafood Grille at The Waterford
386 Commercial Street
Provincetown, MA 02657Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Seafood Grille at The Waterford
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.theseafoodgrille.com/
- Phone: (508) 487-6400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Seafood Grille at The Waterford
Freshest local seafood – Featured fish changes daily based upon what is runnin’. The Seafood Grille at The Waterford Inn is located in the Center of Provincetown on Commercial Street, just a short 3 minute walk from the center of town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Seafood Grille at The Waterford - Best Restaurants in Provincetown ›
The Seafood Grille at The Waterford reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (17)good for groups (10)romantic (8)special occasion (6)scenic view (5)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Maybe an "Off" night?VacationerDined on 9/1/2014I've been very impressed with the Waterford on several previous occasions. This time was a disappointment. The food was OK, but not memorable, the dirty martini was not up to par, and the service was average. Booking through Open Table, I assumed a table on the upper deck with a great view of town and the harbor. Instead, the hostess tried to seat us at a table in the back garden with no view at all. Instead, I requested a table on the deck and the hostess reluctantly obliged. I assumed that it was difficult to seat us there due to other requests, but we were 1 of only 3 tables occupied during the entire evening. I still think this is a good place with a very nice view (if you insist on it), but I'm hoping it will be better next time.Special Features:
- Forgetful garçonBrazucaDined on 9/1/2014We sat and placed our order. We waited and waited and waited. Our waiter brought us our antrees. HE FORGOT THE SALADS WE ORDERED. He had to take back our antrees so we can have our salads FIRST. This was very disappointing.Special Features:
- a nice Ptown optionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Seafood Grille is a bit farther away from the frenetic energy of the ferry landing so it is a bit quieter than some of the other restaurants. Still great people watching, but not much of a water view. Food was excellent and the service was pleasant and generally available.Special Features:
- Very nice deck diningPennyantacDined on 8/23/2014We ate there this past weekend and had a wonderful meal. Food was good, service was a little slow at times but it was a Saturday night and thye were full. I was surprized when the check came as I felt it was a very reasonable price for the amount of food we had. I would go back and reccomend.Special Features:
- Never disappointed!MarkVIPDined on 8/22/2014This is the third year we have eaten here and never had been disappointing. We had a large party of 8 and many of the restaurants would not try to accommodate us. The Seafood Grill did and we had an excellent time! Highly recommend the seafood Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dollar Raw Seafood Bar before 7!foodhackerDined on 8/22/2014The service was great!… ask for Julia from Columbia(Friday-Sunday). There were six of us with two of us being food snobs and they raved about the service and food. We are going back next week. They have a fantastic raw seafood bar that's a dollar each before 7 PM. They also serve terrific drinks, but be careful, they can make them very strong, two is enough. Suggest selecting one of the fish of the day and one of the four custom preparations. I had the cod and number three custom.... Just order it and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderful yet againnerdlett0608Dined on 8/20/2014Absolutely great every time! Pedro and staff makes our experience the best without fail. We bring friends each time we go back and they too are never disappointed. A mainstay whenever we come to Ptown, and on top of that we would go to ANY restaurant where Pedro is managing no matter where!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceNaplesdinerVIPDined on 8/19/2014Nice people but inept and inexperienced service. Food was Ok and drinks were Ok. I wouldn't go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Great seating inside and out. Outstanding service and we had a group of 8. Appitizers, drinks, dinner and desert were all great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as alwaysnerdlett0608Dined on 8/16/2014A go-to place every time we're here. The food is always good, has always been consistent, and always feel both special and at home. Pedro, the general manager, has always gone out of his way to make our dining experience the best, and he, Daniel the assistant manager, and the staff take excellent care of us. A must-try on the drink list: Pedro's special espresso martini, and his Lemon Drop. :-) We've brought several friends here as well, and everyone has completely enjoyed been delighted!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent drinks and Waiters staffnikgDined on 8/10/2014I agree with a lot of people on here about Seafood Grille -- a nice atmosphere, excellent waiter staff and drinks but, unfortunately, the food just isn't good. I've been here twice and was underwhelmed both times. I got caesar salad with chicken and it was pretty dismal (limp lettuce, too much dressing). I wouldn't recommend this dish. I *did* enjoy the martini I got. They served with ice on the side, which I thought was a cute touch. At the very least, I've never seen another restaurant do that , here in Provincetown. Pedro (manager) and Valentin (host) are very friendly and pleasant. The bar seems very nice, though, and it wasn't terrible. But we feel a lack of good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDandDDined on 8/9/2014Service was poor, food not much better. For example waiter offered to bring check before serving dinner,our order was incorrect, crab cakes were overly salty, cod was overlooked, wasabi mashed potatoes hadvlarge chunks of wasabi that made them inedible. waiter did not know how the tuna was prepared, save your money and go elsewhere
- Knowledgeable wait staff.nikgDined on 8/9/2014We visited on a windy evening. We could have sat inside but coming from NY, sitting outside was great.From the time we were greeted it was first class service. Our server Julian was right on top of thing s .I had a cucumber martini that was made just right. For apps we had fresh mussels and calamari. My sons wife had Pedro's ( Manager ) especial espresso martini. The food took forever, fish and steak unflavored. We all can see from outside that the kitchen is a mess ( when you're waiting in line for the bathroom ). We finished up with a couple deserts.( kindly offered by the manager to apologize from the food fizzle). I will go back, not because of the food but because the wait staff, atmosphere and drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth ittbdaVIPDined on 8/8/2014Service was terrible and they weren't even that busy, food was mediocre. We weren't even given menu's when we were seated. When I saw a table of 4 get their entire bill comped (cold food, something totally wrong from what I could overhear) we should have left...and I wish we did since the food wasn't worth the long wait. Cute location though.
- Just not goodPenpat2020Dined on 8/8/2014Hoping for a lot more based on the menu prices. Service was the worst I have had in a very very long time. Management seemed all out of sorts and had no control of the situation. Food was adequate but, not all that well. Oyster special was definitely close to being expired. Now I know why he asked me if I wanted the "special oysters" or the oysters on the menu for 3 times more. Took 5 minutes to greet us. Another 10 minutes to bring our drinks which I could see dying on the bar. Another 15 minutes to come take our order. We should've left when we had the chance because, the food wasn't much better. Great spot in P-town and could be such a great place based on location but, definitely failed on all aspects.
- Very good food, amateur servicepete10023Dined on 8/6/2014While the waiter was very friendly, he was clearly untrained as to service in a restaurant. When I asked if the shrimp were fresh or frozen, he said he didn't know. When he opened our red wine, he poured and then put the cork back in the bottle. I mentioned that it was a good idea to let the wine breathe and he was surprised to learn this. A lot more staff training would be wise for this eatery. But my scallops were cooked perfectly, warm in the center, very tender and not over-spiced. I find it increasingly rare when scallops are done well. But this chef knew his stuff. And the risotto-like yellow rice had a perfectly light touch of saffron and was light and airy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as I expected...EllenMMDined on 8/6/2014I'd been to the Waterford in years past and felt that it was a moderately priced, acceptable seafood restaurant. I was there with a group of five and was disappointed this year. The fish did not seem especially fresh - something I expect in P'town. The fried food tasted as if the frying oil was stale. Portions were large, but most of us left food on our plates. The service was fine and the setting very pleasant. I really wanted to like this more than I did.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/4/2014We had an awful experience. The service was awful, with an inexperienced server. We waited an extremely long time for the food and it was served to us cold. We had to send it back. The fish was so over cooked it was not edible. We asked to speak with the manager, but no one ever came to see us. We weren't offered an apology, or even a cup of coffee. I threw away $200.00. I would recommend you spend your hard earned money in another establishment, who respect their customers.
- Disappointedadagio50Dined on 8/3/2014Dinner on Sunday August 3rd, 2014 Food : the tuna and the filet mignon were good, but the vegetables tasted almost nothing, especially with the filet mignon. And the grill jumbo shrimps "scampi style" were just plain shrimps, and the sauce with the pasta tasted nothing! Oysters from the raw bar were good. Service : waiters were friendly but far from being professionnals. Noise : there were a few 2 people tables around, and a bigger party of at least 12 people in the center, and those were very noisy, especially one lady with a very high and loud voice just behind us!!! And finally the waiter dared to add a 18% gratuity directly on the bill... and thi is really incorrect for a 4 people table! And that is why we were disappointed!
- Helpful staffTruroloversDined on 8/2/2014The food was well prepared with care and the wine list reasonable. Manager went out of his way to make sure our meal was made so that food allergies were respected. Early bird special for $1 raw bar. Returned 2 nights later, it was so nice!Special Features:
- The following 14 reviews are from the The Seafood Grille at The Waterford reviews archive.
- A tasty bargain in ProvincetownBobLVIPDined on 7/25/2014Excellent fresh fish. Charming attentive staff. Delightful manager. Georgeous Hostess. Perfect sized portions. Great spot from which to people watch. I return there time and time again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Lunch, Terrible ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/21/2014There was no one in the place and, yet, we received our drinks after we received our appetizers. The meal took nearly two hours. There was hardly anyone in the place. Honestly, it was baffling. In the back patio, there were only three tables with a total of 9 people, and we all had the same experience (we had plenty of time to get to know the other diners and we were united in our frustration!) The examples go on and on, but I'll leave at this: there are plenty of places that serve good food. Go elsewhere to get good food AND good service.
- mp1123Dined on 7/20/2014Terrible. Cancelled our dinner order because appetizers and drinks were horrible
- Service was horridOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2014I've been to this restaurant 3-4 times, as dining in Provincetown is ample but limited at times depending upon how busy things are and how far you plan ahead. The service has always been pretty inconsistent to poor, and this visit sealed that I will likely never eat there again. We made a reservation by Open Table, one of a few restaurants to use the service in PTown. When we arrived, they only had hand-written reservations (not including mine, as I had made mine during the previous hour, and I knew I would then be getting the "you did not show up" email from Open Table -- which I did). We were seated at a table outside on the back patio, which was lovely. The waiter was polite and respectful. One meal never came.
- Great view and raw barpmrthirdVIPDined on 7/9/2014Always enjoy eating upstairs overlooking Commercial Street and all its activity as well as the water. Great raw including really good oysters and shrimp for $1 through 7PM. The early bird 3 course special is good too (also through 7PM). Service was a little slow to get courses out but not annoyingly slow...if you are in a rush to be somewhere else, may want to tell them. Otherwise, great experience and will definitely keep going!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itSGPBVIPDined on 7/8/2014This place was a disappointment compared to everywhere else we dined in PTown. White linen tablecloths but paper menus? The server was friendly but clearly lacked proper training and coaching. Ordered a shrimp cocktail and 15 minutes later was told they were out. Lobster lacked real flavor. Only pleasure was an excellent Lemon Drop Cocktail. Skip this place-much better in town.
- The Seafood Grille in ProvincetownPtownChoicesDined on 7/5/2014This is one of our "go to" places when we visit Provincetown. The food is always fresh and delicious, the service excellent and the atmosphere vibrant and fun. We especially like the fact that you can get a half lobster on the early bird menu! (as long as your order is placed by 7pm) The staff that runs the Seafood Grille are always pleasant and professional - ask for Pedro (the manager) and you'll be treated like royalty!! And if your just in for a cocktail, the downstairs bar is always open and inviting. We highly recommend the Seafood Grille at the Waterford!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful, Awful, AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014Service was fine. The food was really bad. It was the worst meal I've had in years. 7 of us went, and one persons was "alright" everything else: "not good"
- Nice dinner..Artlover13Dined on 6/28/2014We were able to accommodate lots of different tastes and everyone enjoyed their meal. Service was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vaired MenuNomadVIPDined on 6/23/2014The menu options of choices and ingredient combinations for entrees was impressive and almost overwhelming. Took extra time to decide. My wife loved the salmon caked in horseradish breadcrumbs. I tried the fig and spinach pizza with gorgonzola. Wow! While the greeter was friendly, the waiter barely attended to us and it was not like he was distracted with a lot of other tables. Several times the drinks went dry with no waiter in sight. That was the one big negative in an otherwise very pleasant and enjoyable experince. Oh -- parking is tricky. You will need to find a lot and pay. Allow time to do this.Special Features:
- Food, Ambiance and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014We had the perfect luncheon experience on a gorgeous first-day-of-summer afternoon sitting up top on the porch looking out over the bay. Our waiter was charming, attentive and efficient. The food was excellent - the lobster quesadillas - oh my! We won't forget this place.Special Features:
- UnimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/14/2014I asked the server for a recommendation for a seafood dish. He suggested the tuna & I told him that unfortunately that's the one fish I'm not crazy about. So, he suggested the fish tacos...which also had tuna. Very disappointing! Clearly he wasn't listening. Wine list was just ok. Ambiance was just ok compared with other restaurants in the area.
- Fresh sea fooddavidwyrick85VIPDined on 5/27/2014Service was ok, place was clean and cute. Great fresh shrimp and osteyrsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice way to end a week at PTownJimWDined on 5/26/2014We enjoyed our dinner at The Grille. The service was wonderful, the server and his peers were impeccable. The menu was way too large for this type of restaurant. Seems that you could narrow your selection and improve quality. Food was not as good as expected, given the other attributes of the restaurant.Special Features: