The Seafare of Williamsburg
1632 Richmond Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Seafare of Williamsburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seafareofwilliamsburg.com/
- Phone: 7572290099x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm , Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Demetrios Sarantakos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Seafare of Williamsburg
A 2012 DiRoNa award winner featuring three unique dining rooms. The Seafare of Williamsburg introduces a 91-item menu that features fresh seafood, certified prime beef and tender veal. Our speciality is sauton ceramic cooking where seafood is simmered in its own juices and blended with ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Seafare of Williamsburg - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
The Seafare of Williamsburg reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)romantic (33)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (16)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good service. Lackluster food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The stuffed mushroom appetizer was incredible! Our server was good! Wife had scallop dish as the main--too much sand in them. A little more rinsing of the scallops would be nice. Pretty good tasting. Good amount of scallops for the price. I had the souton dish with crab, shrimp, lobster, and oysters. The crab, lobster and shrimp were good. Not impressed with the oysters at all! The oysters tasted fishy. Had a glass of woodbridge chardonnay, it was good. Wife had bananas foster prepared table side (good show) and was delishious! I had cheesecake with strawberries. Not impressed. Wife had coffee poured from about 4 feet above the table without a spill. That was a good show. Overall experience was good, but could have been much better.Special Features:
- Excellent Food delivered slowlyMidwestVisitorDined on 10/9/2014Food was great. Waiter was courteous and attentive, but not too fluent in english. Main course took a long time to arrive.Special Features:
- Wonderful atmosphere & service.GilbertDinnerDined on 10/7/2014Great choice for a romantic dinner. Steak dinner was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice! crab cakes incredible!krmremDined on 10/4/2014Food was awesome! Only complaint was the web site asked for any special info. I wrote it was our 6th anniversary. Nothing special happened so why ask? Does this website communicate with the restaurant?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinneranniversaryDined on 10/4/2014Food was excellent. Service was excellent. Prices very reasonable for entrée. A little pricy for salads at $6 each. I had requested that flowers be at my table for my 35th anniversary. This did not happen. I assume open table did not relay this request to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Traditional and charmingJackVIPDined on 10/4/2014The Seafare of Williamsburg looks pretty nondescript from the road, but the food is very, very good. We expected to see the same tired offerings at establishments claiming to specialize in fish, but were pleasantly surprised to see a wide variety. Marko, our waiter, was very friendly and courteous. The place was clean, the prices were reasonable and the food was well prepared. A Williamsburg "keeper".Special Features:
- Seafood DelightjudylurayDined on 10/2/2014This was our second trip to Seafare of Williamsburg. We really enjoyed it the first time when we were visiting Williamsburg and couldn't wait to go there again while we were in Williamsburg last week. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- the bestBurton35Dined on 9/25/2014We all had a great time, and we all could not be happier.Special Features:
- mightymouseDined on 9/21/2014Food always good here. Made special effort to make special entree for person celebrating birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuidoVIPDined on 9/17/2014The Seafare of Williamsburg has been a family favorite for fifteen years.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, so-so food.DinahDined on 9/15/2014I may have chosen the wrong entree. I got the grilled seafood sampling. The lobster tail was way over done. scallops and shrimp were good. Why does everyone put paprika on mild white fish? Totally destroys the taste. The salad for two was delicious, as were the breads. The service was attentive. A good place for quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected GemjerseyclipperDined on 9/13/2014It was our first trip to Williamsburg and obviously to Seafare. What a surprise. White table cloths, dim lighting, very elegant setting. Service was impeccable. Wide menu selection. Our group had the flounder, crab cakes, scallops and the salmon special 0of the day. Everything was excellent. We will definitely come here again when we return to Williamsburg.Special Features:
- Romantic dinner,MichfoodiesDined on 9/12/2014We were visiting Williamsburg for our 50 Wedding anniversary. The dinner was excellent, crab cakes delicious, best ever. Lobster bisque great. We were surprised at the end of the dinner when we were presented with a strawberry shortcake with a candle in it, very thoughtful. Staff and service were outstanding. Very relaxing dinner never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankDined on 9/11/2014Great food and excellent friendly service. Ambience very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafare in WilliamsburgOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014If you are looking for a fine dinning experience, you should eat at Seafare Steakhouse. The food is amazing!!! & The waiters were so friendly and comforting. The prices are a little high but you definitely get what you pay for! The seafood was the best I've ever had! We even had trouble finding a cab back to the hotel and the manager took care of it all! I cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceAndorraGirlDined on 9/6/2014Our dinner was delicious, but our service was outstanding. Our waiter (forget his name) from Morocco was so well mannered, friendly and had superb skills.Special Features:
- Dated decor but delicious goodVADinersLoveToEatVIPDined on 9/6/2014The Seafare takes you back to the 1950s with its decor, but the food is what it is all about. The scallops were beautifully prepared as was the salmon. Everything was perfectly cooked. The service was excellent. All of the breads and muffins served were delicious. Cherries jubilee for dessert is outstanding and prepared table-side. A real treat when wanting to dine in a non-chain restaurant. Our only complaint was that the air conditioning had been turned off overnight and the room was rather warm when we arrived. By the time we left, it was a bit more comfortable. In hot weather, the customer's comfort should be taken into consideration.Special Features:
- Service Excellent, Food Not So MuchTerrySDined on 9/2/2014Sherry-Ann was an excellent server. Very friendly and competent. The food was not so good. I ordered rice pilaf and got a baked potato with my bay oysters which were good. My wife's African lobster tail was undercooked and we just took it home and finished the perperation. If the kitchen staff was better this would be an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceClearCreekVIPDined on 8/31/2014We came for a late lunch/early dinner, arriving at 3:00 PM to a nearly empty restaurant. We were concerned when the hostess seated another party at the table next to us (despite many open tables which the party could have been seated at, giving us both more privacy). However, we and the other party were both relatively quiet, so that crisis passed...but could have been avoided. Our meals - swordfish for my date, scallops for me - were both acceptable, although the scallops were a bit overdone. The highlight, though, was our waitperson, a delightful young woman who was attentive without being overly so, very pleasant and engaging in conversation, and who professionally presented our meals. We'd go back simply based on her professionalism.Special Features:
- Very Nice DinnerYorktownManVIPDined on 8/30/2014This was our first time to the Seafare. We found the service to be outstanding. It is clear that good service is a priority here. The breads were freshly made and extremely good. Our meals were great and we felt they were reasonably priced. The decor was very clean and well maintained, but I could see where some would feel an update would be good. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful anniversary dinner!Meeksj1Dined on 8/22/2014The service & food at Seafare was awesome! I would definitely recommend to those that are in Williamsburg to please visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aging Gem Deserves a ChanceEdMuldoonVIPDined on 8/19/2014Seafare has been open for decades now. It is clear that it is losing business to chains and newer competition. This breaks our heart as this is a traditional restaurant with excellent food and service to match. The seafood is fresh, prepared simply and as good as you'll find. The servers engaged our kids to make them feel comfortable in what is otherwise a fairly formal dining room. Our waiter even made jokes with us about football rivalries (he said he was a cousin of Lawrence Taylor -- we are Eagles fans!) Unfortunately, he had the time to do this. Don't let the staid exterior put you off. This is an excellent restaurant in a tourist town with too many chain locations. Eat here. You'll enjoy it!Special Features:
- Great FoodElliotDined on 8/16/2014Great food and excelent service, large portions all at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jbpslDined on 8/15/2014Service was very professional, had the greatest mixed grilled seafood.Special Features:
- Family dinneralohamomDined on 8/8/2014We dined with five adults and a five-year-old grandson at a 6pm reservation. Our server, Karen K, was very responsive to our grandson and even brought him more rum bread! The food was delicious. We were not rushed. It was a very memorable family dinner while on vacation. The only issue was a problem with running a prepaid AE card for payment. The first transaction failed and then subsequent attempts to use it put the money on hold. (The money was reloaded on the prepaid AE card after a call to AE.) The restaurant should be able to use prepaid cards without issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodVidaldollDined on 8/1/2014Delicious entrees, superior service, great ambience...affordable prices for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafare simply amazing!!!BearDined on 7/30/2014While on our family vacation my beautiful wifey & I took our 3 kiddies to dine at Seafare, from our outstanding waiter Eric To each & every wonderful morsel we ate, we all loved Seafare and anyone that loves excellent seafood and steak do yourselves a huge favor and treat yourself to Seafares outstandingly scrumptious food!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice anniversary dinnereagereaters2Dined on 7/26/2014The service was outstanding and the ambiance was romantic. The food was good, but nothing exceptional. The lobster tail was rubbery and tough and the scallops were overcooked. The garlic mashed potatoes were very good as were the homemade fries. My husband was disappointed that there were no draft beers. The baklava was very good. We will come back and order some other entrees before we make a judgement as to whether to put this restaurant on our list of regular options.Special Features:
- Super seafoodDineCriticDined on 7/25/2014Great place to go if you want an excellent seafood experience! Deserts were also well done but since entree portions were large we only had room for ice cream. Service was superb. Thanks Floyd!Special Features:
- BrendaBrendaDined on 7/21/2014This is a great restaurant and one I think people in Williamsburg forget. The food is very good. The service is excellent. The atmosphere is old school and classic. A great place overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJustvisitingDined on 7/11/2014This was by far the best restaurant we found in the area. We enjoyed the food and the atmosphere so much the first night we made sure to go back again before we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatEastCoastFoodieDined on 7/9/2014Outside of venue smelled fishy...should've been a clue! Welcomed with rum bread...odd choice as it is more like a dessert bread. Appetizer was delish. New England clam was gross, like hot milk with pepper. Salad tasted old. Steak was great but seafood platter was disgusting, we actually sent it back.... Rubber lobster uncooked shrimp fishy cod fillet and scallops and sour oysters. The owner was kind enough to take it off our bill and offer free dessert. Hopefully, he is looking for a new chef... You shouldn't have the name "seafare" if all the seafood items are disgusting.
- Not worth itNykerDined on 7/3/2014Way too expensive for food that was ok at best. Highly recommend skipping this place for another just based on price alone.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2014The seafood selection and preparation was a '10.' The food was worth the extra price compared to a buffet.Special Features:
- Nice evening outSGR1Dined on 6/28/2014The seafood was delicious. The service was fine with exception of head waiter pouring coffee way above heads like a bath shower. Sprinkles of hot coffee hit all patrons at table. He thought his trick was cool but the trick should be left at talent show. Seafood was fresh and properly cooked. My friend's steak was very tender. Will go again but probably not order coffee. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant all-aroundTreeBranchDined on 6/24/2014This restaurant was the perfect one for my husband and I for our anniversary. Great atmosphere, great food, and great service. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- The following 303 reviews are from the The Seafare of Williamsburg reviews archive.
- We will return1SavvyDinerDined on 6/22/2014A great find. The service and food was very good. Pricing was not cheap but worth it and not overpriced. The next time we are in the Williamsburg area we will return.Special Features:
- Nice FindLainiebcDined on 6/12/2014We had a special anniversary dinner with kids & grandchildren. It was quite busy, but our waiter managed to keep the dinner flowing once the cocktails & kid cocktails arrived. All of our dinner selections were wonderful. We were surprised with a delicious strawberry short cake desert in celebration of our special day by the Seafare. A fine experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply PhenomanalJAYZDined on 6/10/2014Simple put --- Phenomenal! Absolutely outstanding food, service, and value. Crab cakes to die for. Crab and shrimp salad - incredible! All the breads, sherbert, and the free stuff - OUTSTANDING! we were here on vacation. I would make a day trip out of going back to this restaurant. It was and is that good. They knew we booked through open table and gave us a free desert of our choice. When has that happened to you last?????? Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- New waiter, bad serviceLindaMcGDined on 6/7/2014We went there on our last night in Williamsburg with my family. There were multiple problems with the service due, we believe, to either a waiter being new or maybe moved from busboy to waiter as he forgot many things however he was nice: (no salad for one of the dinners that included one). We had to ask other waiters for horseradish, butter, etc. He didn't know his food items as he mixed up the two kinds of fish for two people and we had to reorder, then they ran out of the replacement dish and ordered a third meal. It was a 2 1/2 hour dinner by the time we left; however, the manager and one of the waiters who prepared the flaming desserts came to the rescue. Management ended up giving us dessert & coffee and credited us one meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.