The Seafare of Williamsburg
1632 Richmond Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Seafare of Williamsburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seafareofwilliamsburg.com/
- Phone: 7572290099x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm , Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Demetrios Sarantakos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Seafare of Williamsburg
A 2012 DiRoNa award winner featuring three unique dining rooms. The Seafare of Williamsburg introduces a 91-item menu that features fresh seafood, certified prime beef and tender veal. Our speciality is sauton ceramic cooking where seafood is simmered in its own juices and blended with ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Seafare of Williamsburg - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
The Seafare of Williamsburg reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)romantic (28)fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (14)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- GuidoVIPDined on 9/17/2014The Seafare of Williamsburg has been a family favorite for fifteen years.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, so-so food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014I may have chosen the wrong entree. I got the grilled seafood sampling. The lobster tail was way over done. scallops and shrimp were good. Why does everyone put paprika on mild white fish? Totally destroys the taste. The salad for two was delicious, as were the breads. The service was attentive. A good place for quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected GemjerseyclipperDined on 9/13/2014It was our first trip to Williamsburg and obviously to Seafare. What a surprise. White table cloths, dim lighting, very elegant setting. Service was impeccable. Wide menu selection. Our group had the flounder, crab cakes, scallops and the salmon special 0of the day. Everything was excellent. We will definitely come here again when we return to Williamsburg.Special Features:
- Romantic dinner,MichfoodiesDined on 9/12/2014We were visiting Williamsburg for our 50 Wedding anniversary. The dinner was excellent, crab cakes delicious, best ever. Lobster bisque great. We were surprised at the end of the dinner when we were presented with a strawberry shortcake with a candle in it, very thoughtful. Staff and service were outstanding. Very relaxing dinner never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankDined on 9/11/2014Great food and excellent friendly service. Ambience very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafare in WilliamsburgOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014If you are looking for a fine dinning experience, you should eat at Seafare Steakhouse. The food is amazing!!! & The waiters were so friendly and comforting. The prices are a little high but you definitely get what you pay for! The seafood was the best I've ever had! We even had trouble finding a cab back to the hotel and the manager took care of it all! I cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceAndorraGirlDined on 9/6/2014Our dinner was delicious, but our service was outstanding. Our waiter (forget his name) from Morocco was so well mannered, friendly and had superb skills.Special Features:
- Dated decor but delicious goodVADinersLoveToEatVIPDined on 9/6/2014The Seafare takes you back to the 1950s with its decor, but the food is what it is all about. The scallops were beautifully prepared as was the salmon. Everything was perfectly cooked. The service was excellent. All of the breads and muffins served were delicious. Cherries jubilee for dessert is outstanding and prepared table-side. A real treat when wanting to dine in a non-chain restaurant. Our only complaint was that the air conditioning had been turned off overnight and the room was rather warm when we arrived. By the time we left, it was a bit more comfortable. In hot weather, the customer's comfort should be taken into consideration.Special Features:
- Service Excellent, Food Not So MuchTerrySDined on 9/2/2014Sherry-Ann was an excellent server. Very friendly and competent. The food was not so good. I ordered rice pilaf and got a baked potato with my bay oysters which were good. My wife's African lobster tail was undercooked and we just took it home and finished the perperation. If the kitchen staff was better this would be an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceClearCreekDined on 8/31/2014We came for a late lunch/early dinner, arriving at 3:00 PM to a nearly empty restaurant. We were concerned when the hostess seated another party at the table next to us (despite many open tables which the party could have been seated at, giving us both more privacy). However, we and the other party were both relatively quiet, so that crisis passed...but could have been avoided. Our meals - swordfish for my date, scallops for me - were both acceptable, although the scallops were a bit overdone. The highlight, though, was our waitperson, a delightful young woman who was attentive without being overly so, very pleasant and engaging in conversation, and who professionally presented our meals. We'd go back simply based on her professionalism.Special Features:
- Very Nice DinnerYorktownManVIPDined on 8/30/2014This was our first time to the Seafare. We found the service to be outstanding. It is clear that good service is a priority here. The breads were freshly made and extremely good. Our meals were great and we felt they were reasonably priced. The decor was very clean and well maintained, but I could see where some would feel an update would be good. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful anniversary dinner!Meeksj1Dined on 8/22/2014The service & food at Seafare was awesome! I would definitely recommend to those that are in Williamsburg to please visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aging Gem Deserves a ChanceEdMuldoonVIPDined on 8/19/2014Seafare has been open for decades now. It is clear that it is losing business to chains and newer competition. This breaks our heart as this is a traditional restaurant with excellent food and service to match. The seafood is fresh, prepared simply and as good as you'll find. The servers engaged our kids to make them feel comfortable in what is otherwise a fairly formal dining room. Our waiter even made jokes with us about football rivalries (he said he was a cousin of Lawrence Taylor -- we are Eagles fans!) Unfortunately, he had the time to do this. Don't let the staid exterior put you off. This is an excellent restaurant in a tourist town with too many chain locations. Eat here. You'll enjoy it!Special Features:
- Great FoodElliotDined on 8/16/2014Great food and excelent service, large portions all at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jbpslDined on 8/15/2014Service was very professional, had the greatest mixed grilled seafood.Special Features:
- Family dinneralohamomDined on 8/8/2014We dined with five adults and a five-year-old grandson at a 6pm reservation. Our server, Karen K, was very responsive to our grandson and even brought him more rum bread! The food was delicious. We were not rushed. It was a very memorable family dinner while on vacation. The only issue was a problem with running a prepaid AE card for payment. The first transaction failed and then subsequent attempts to use it put the money on hold. (The money was reloaded on the prepaid AE card after a call to AE.) The restaurant should be able to use prepaid cards without issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodVidaldollDined on 8/1/2014Delicious entrees, superior service, great ambience...affordable prices for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafare simply amazing!!!BearDined on 7/30/2014While on our family vacation my beautiful wifey & I took our 3 kiddies to dine at Seafare, from our outstanding waiter Eric To each & every wonderful morsel we ate, we all loved Seafare and anyone that loves excellent seafood and steak do yourselves a huge favor and treat yourself to Seafares outstandingly scrumptious food!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice anniversary dinnereagereaters2Dined on 7/26/2014The service was outstanding and the ambiance was romantic. The food was good, but nothing exceptional. The lobster tail was rubbery and tough and the scallops were overcooked. The garlic mashed potatoes were very good as were the homemade fries. My husband was disappointed that there were no draft beers. The baklava was very good. We will come back and order some other entrees before we make a judgement as to whether to put this restaurant on our list of regular options.Special Features:
- Super seafoodDineCriticDined on 7/25/2014Great place to go if you want an excellent seafood experience! Deserts were also well done but since entree portions were large we only had room for ice cream. Service was superb. Thanks Floyd!Special Features:
- BrendaBrendaDined on 7/21/2014This is a great restaurant and one I think people in Williamsburg forget. The food is very good. The service is excellent. The atmosphere is old school and classic. A great place overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJustvisitingDined on 7/11/2014This was by far the best restaurant we found in the area. We enjoyed the food and the atmosphere so much the first night we made sure to go back again before we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatEastCoastFoodieDined on 7/9/2014Outside of venue smelled fishy...should've been a clue! Welcomed with rum bread...odd choice as it is more like a dessert bread. Appetizer was delish. New England clam was gross, like hot milk with pepper. Salad tasted old. Steak was great but seafood platter was disgusting, we actually sent it back.... Rubber lobster uncooked shrimp fishy cod fillet and scallops and sour oysters. The owner was kind enough to take it off our bill and offer free dessert. Hopefully, he is looking for a new chef... You shouldn't have the name "seafare" if all the seafood items are disgusting.
- Not worth itNykerDined on 7/3/2014Way too expensive for food that was ok at best. Highly recommend skipping this place for another just based on price alone.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/2/2014The seafood selection and preparation was a '10.' The food was worth the extra price compared to a buffet.Special Features:
- Nice evening outSGR1Dined on 6/28/2014The seafood was delicious. The service was fine with exception of head waiter pouring coffee way above heads like a bath shower. Sprinkles of hot coffee hit all patrons at table. He thought his trick was cool but the trick should be left at talent show. Seafood was fresh and properly cooked. My friend's steak was very tender. Will go again but probably not order coffee. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant all-aroundTreeBranchDined on 6/24/2014This restaurant was the perfect one for my husband and I for our anniversary. Great atmosphere, great food, and great service. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- We will return1SavvyDinerDined on 6/22/2014A great find. The service and food was very good. Pricing was not cheap but worth it and not overpriced. The next time we are in the Williamsburg area we will return.Special Features:
- Nice FindLainiebcDined on 6/12/2014We had a special anniversary dinner with kids & grandchildren. It was quite busy, but our waiter managed to keep the dinner flowing once the cocktails & kid cocktails arrived. All of our dinner selections were wonderful. We were surprised with a delicious strawberry short cake desert in celebration of our special day by the Seafare. A fine experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply PhenomanalJAYZDined on 6/10/2014Simple put --- Phenomenal! Absolutely outstanding food, service, and value. Crab cakes to die for. Crab and shrimp salad - incredible! All the breads, sherbert, and the free stuff - OUTSTANDING! we were here on vacation. I would make a day trip out of going back to this restaurant. It was and is that good. They knew we booked through open table and gave us a free desert of our choice. When has that happened to you last?????? Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- New waiter, bad serviceLindaMcGDined on 6/7/2014We went there on our last night in Williamsburg with my family. There were multiple problems with the service due, we believe, to either a waiter being new or maybe moved from busboy to waiter as he forgot many things however he was nice: (no salad for one of the dinners that included one). We had to ask other waiters for horseradish, butter, etc. He didn't know his food items as he mixed up the two kinds of fish for two people and we had to reorder, then they ran out of the replacement dish and ordered a third meal. It was a 2 1/2 hour dinner by the time we left; however, the manager and one of the waiters who prepared the flaming desserts came to the rescue. Management ended up giving us dessert & coffee and credited us one meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHappyTravelerDined on 6/7/2014We had a group of four and this exceeded my expectations. Great food, great service. What more could you want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but nothing specialJohnDined on 6/6/2014The décor was fine with a nautical theme. Service was a bit sketchy and the waitress brought me an extra drink that I didn't order. Food was average -- not bad but nothing special. The environment was quiet but that was most likely because we dined at 5:30PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014We were very pleases with our choice of Seafare for the evening. We had out-of-town guests and wanted to take them some place special. We made the right choice. The food was fabulous, and our guests enjoyed the whole experience. We shall return.Special Features:
- Wouldn't do it againNYFoodieVIPDined on 6/2/2014I guess it is something everyone should experience when visiting Colonial Williamsburg but really nothing special when it comes to food.
- First dinner in WilliamsburgPeterMVIPDined on 5/31/2014Early in the evening, the place was almost empty. Cordial greeting at the door, attentive service at our talble and very good food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafareReminisVIPDined on 5/28/2014Very good seafood. A little pricey but the portions were large.Special Features:
- Nice but not noteworthyLovegoodfoodDined on 5/25/2014The Seafare of Williamsburg is a nice restaurant with friendly staff. We had quite a long wait for food, though. I ordered the red snapper with crab, which was delicious and perfectly cooked. My husband ordered halibut but was served cod that had been overcooked.
- The following 291 reviews are from the The Seafare of Williamsburg reviews archive.
- Delicious Seafoodsure2rainDined on 5/22/2014Front of house greeted us promptly. Tables nicely spaced. Overall ambiance was good. Food was prepared exceptionally well. Service was friendly and knowledgeable about the menu. Good wine list from very affordable to wines for special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat disappointingHappyCamperDined on 5/18/2014Chose this restaurant based on reviews, and was looking for good seafood. Service was good, but selection and portion size was a little disappointing.Special Features: