The Seafare of Williamsburg
1632 Richmond Road
Williamsburg, VA 23185Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
The Seafare of Williamsburg
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seafareofwilliamsburg.com/
- Phone: (757) 229-0099
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm , Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Demetrios Sarantakos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Seafare of Williamsburg
A 2012 DiRoNa award winner featuring three unique dining rooms. The Seafare of Williamsburg introduces a 91-item menu that features fresh seafood, certified prime beef and tender veal. Our speciality is sauton ceramic cooking where seafood is simmered in its own juices and blended with ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Seafare of Williamsburg - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
The Seafare of Williamsburg reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)romantic (35)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (20)notable wine list (18)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- 1dinerVIPDined on 11/15/2014Food poor. Dry halibut, greasy fried oysters. Potato had teaspoon of sour cream, no cheese,chives,bacon. Waitress brought dried chives-all they had!! Salad was only good thing. Dessert was supposed to be "shared by two on the house", for opentable. Not!! Bad peach melba at any rate. No communication between host and waitress. Wait people, four to six at a time,were posted within site of my table like vultures; very disconcerting. Will not return here. Could have spent less than half at Waypoint which is always outstanding. Opentable should drop this one.
- One of Williamsburg's bestLarryVIPDined on 11/7/2014I have dined at The Seafare on many occasions and have never been disappointed. The service is outstanding from the moment that you walk in the door and are greeted by the owner Dimitri. The wait staff is excellent and not in the least bit obtrusive. In my opinion The Seafare is the best seafood restaurant in Williamsburg. The crab cakes have little filler and have been superb whenever I have ordered them. I have also had their trout and salmon which were both prepared perfectly. My wife has had shrimp dishes and scallops and has been pleased by both. The chopped salad for two was outstanding. I highly recommend The Seafare as one of Williamsburg's best.Special Features:
- AngelVIPDined on 10/31/2014Dining here is like taking a pleasant cruise. Elegant ambiance, seafood done to perfection, excellent service, great attention to every detail. Thanks again for a wonderful dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood; terrific servicewyocowboyDined on 10/29/2014The atmosphere was quiet and elegant, the food very, very good (first time I'd had soft shell crab in a long time and it was excellent) and the service was surprisingly polished and elegant; Keri-Ann (sp?) was outstanding on waitstaffSpecial Features:
- Date Night - Anniversary 2014VJGreenVIPDined on 10/24/2014Joined another couple who was also celebrating their wedding anniversary at what appeared to be a very unassuming location on US 60 in the heart of the restaurant district of Williamsburg. DON'T let the exterior fool you! Once inside you feel like you are in the dining area of a cruise ship of the mid 1940's. Seafood is the specialty here, with a great match of quality and quantity. Sea Scallops, Red Snapper and Super Sauton were the choices for dinner, and no one was disappointed. The quality of the meals were exceeded only by the great service we received from Kerry Ann, who was very attentive, never annoying, and even did a great job of preparing Banana's Foster at table side. Great experience!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/23/2014Plleasant surroundings, but mediocre to poor seafood entrees. My seabass was totally overlooked, dry, and crusty. The waiter offered to replace it, but we had waited quite some time to receive our main course dishes, so i declined. The manager went out of his way to Make up for it by adjusting our bill and sending us home with dessert.
- Needs a renovationZecapagodeiroVIPDined on 10/20/2014Furniture is very dated but the food and service were actually quite good.
- Good service. Lackluster food.Diner83Dined on 10/15/2014The stuffed mushroom appetizer was incredible! Our server was good! Wife had scallop dish as the main--too much sand in them. A little more rinsing of the scallops would be nice. Pretty good tasting. Good amount of scallops for the price. I had the souton dish with crab, shrimp, lobster, and oysters. The crab, lobster and shrimp were good. Not impressed with the oysters at all! The oysters tasted fishy. Had a glass of woodbridge chardonnay, it was good. Wife had bananas foster prepared table side (good show) and was delishious! I had cheesecake with strawberries. Not impressed. Wife had coffee poured from about 4 feet above the table without a spill. That was a good show. Overall experience was good, but could have been much better.Special Features:
- Excellent Food delivered slowlyMidwestVisitorDined on 10/9/2014Food was great. Waiter was courteous and attentive, but not too fluent in english. Main course took a long time to arrive.Special Features:
- Wonderful atmosphere & service.GilbertDinnerDined on 10/7/2014Great choice for a romantic dinner. Steak dinner was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice! crab cakes incredible!krmremDined on 10/4/2014Food was awesome! Only complaint was the web site asked for any special info. I wrote it was our 6th anniversary. Nothing special happened so why ask? Does this website communicate with the restaurant?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinneranniversaryDined on 10/4/2014Food was excellent. Service was excellent. Prices very reasonable for entrée. A little pricy for salads at $6 each. I had requested that flowers be at my table for my 35th anniversary. This did not happen. I assume open table did not relay this request to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Traditional and charmingJackVIPDined on 10/4/2014The Seafare of Williamsburg looks pretty nondescript from the road, but the food is very, very good. We expected to see the same tired offerings at establishments claiming to specialize in fish, but were pleasantly surprised to see a wide variety. Marko, our waiter, was very friendly and courteous. The place was clean, the prices were reasonable and the food was well prepared. A Williamsburg "keeper".Special Features:
- Seafood DelightjudylurayDined on 10/2/2014This was our second trip to Seafare of Williamsburg. We really enjoyed it the first time when we were visiting Williamsburg and couldn't wait to go there again while we were in Williamsburg last week. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- the bestBurton35Dined on 9/25/2014We all had a great time, and we all could not be happier.Special Features:
- mightymouseDined on 9/21/2014Food always good here. Made special effort to make special entree for person celebrating birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GuidoVIPDined on 9/17/2014The Seafare of Williamsburg has been a family favorite for fifteen years.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, so-so food.DinahDined on 9/15/2014I may have chosen the wrong entree. I got the grilled seafood sampling. The lobster tail was way over done. scallops and shrimp were good. Why does everyone put paprika on mild white fish? Totally destroys the taste. The salad for two was delicious, as were the breads. The service was attentive. A good place for quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected GemjerseyclipperDined on 9/13/2014It was our first trip to Williamsburg and obviously to Seafare. What a surprise. White table cloths, dim lighting, very elegant setting. Service was impeccable. Wide menu selection. Our group had the flounder, crab cakes, scallops and the salmon special 0of the day. Everything was excellent. We will definitely come here again when we return to Williamsburg.Special Features:
- Romantic dinner,MichfoodiesDined on 9/12/2014We were visiting Williamsburg for our 50 Wedding anniversary. The dinner was excellent, crab cakes delicious, best ever. Lobster bisque great. We were surprised at the end of the dinner when we were presented with a strawberry shortcake with a candle in it, very thoughtful. Staff and service were outstanding. Very relaxing dinner never felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrankDined on 9/11/2014Great food and excellent friendly service. Ambience very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafare in WilliamsburgOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014If you are looking for a fine dinning experience, you should eat at Seafare Steakhouse. The food is amazing!!! & The waiters were so friendly and comforting. The prices are a little high but you definitely get what you pay for! The seafood was the best I've ever had! We even had trouble finding a cab back to the hotel and the manager took care of it all! I cant wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceAndorraGirlDined on 9/6/2014Our dinner was delicious, but our service was outstanding. Our waiter (forget his name) from Morocco was so well mannered, friendly and had superb skills.Special Features:
- Dated decor but delicious goodVADinersLoveToEatVIPDined on 9/6/2014The Seafare takes you back to the 1950s with its decor, but the food is what it is all about. The scallops were beautifully prepared as was the salmon. Everything was perfectly cooked. The service was excellent. All of the breads and muffins served were delicious. Cherries jubilee for dessert is outstanding and prepared table-side. A real treat when wanting to dine in a non-chain restaurant. Our only complaint was that the air conditioning had been turned off overnight and the room was rather warm when we arrived. By the time we left, it was a bit more comfortable. In hot weather, the customer's comfort should be taken into consideration.Special Features:
- Service Excellent, Food Not So MuchTerrySDined on 9/2/2014Sherry-Ann was an excellent server. Very friendly and competent. The food was not so good. I ordered rice pilaf and got a baked potato with my bay oysters which were good. My wife's African lobster tail was undercooked and we just took it home and finished the perperation. If the kitchen staff was better this would be an excellent restaurant.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceClearCreekVIPDined on 8/31/2014We came for a late lunch/early dinner, arriving at 3:00 PM to a nearly empty restaurant. We were concerned when the hostess seated another party at the table next to us (despite many open tables which the party could have been seated at, giving us both more privacy). However, we and the other party were both relatively quiet, so that crisis passed...but could have been avoided. Our meals - swordfish for my date, scallops for me - were both acceptable, although the scallops were a bit overdone. The highlight, though, was our waitperson, a delightful young woman who was attentive without being overly so, very pleasant and engaging in conversation, and who professionally presented our meals. We'd go back simply based on her professionalism.Special Features:
- Very Nice DinnerYorktownManVIPDined on 8/30/2014This was our first time to the Seafare. We found the service to be outstanding. It is clear that good service is a priority here. The breads were freshly made and extremely good. Our meals were great and we felt they were reasonably priced. The decor was very clean and well maintained, but I could see where some would feel an update would be good. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful anniversary dinner!Meeksj1Dined on 8/22/2014The service & food at Seafare was awesome! I would definitely recommend to those that are in Williamsburg to please visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aging Gem Deserves a ChanceEdMuldoonVIPDined on 8/19/2014Seafare has been open for decades now. It is clear that it is losing business to chains and newer competition. This breaks our heart as this is a traditional restaurant with excellent food and service to match. The seafood is fresh, prepared simply and as good as you'll find. The servers engaged our kids to make them feel comfortable in what is otherwise a fairly formal dining room. Our waiter even made jokes with us about football rivalries (he said he was a cousin of Lawrence Taylor -- we are Eagles fans!) Unfortunately, he had the time to do this. Don't let the staid exterior put you off. This is an excellent restaurant in a tourist town with too many chain locations. Eat here. You'll enjoy it!Special Features:
- Great FoodElliotDined on 8/16/2014Great food and excelent service, large portions all at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jbpslDined on 8/15/2014Service was very professional, had the greatest mixed grilled seafood.Special Features:
- Family dinneralohamomDined on 8/8/2014We dined with five adults and a five-year-old grandson at a 6pm reservation. Our server, Karen K, was very responsive to our grandson and even brought him more rum bread! The food was delicious. We were not rushed. It was a very memorable family dinner while on vacation. The only issue was a problem with running a prepaid AE card for payment. The first transaction failed and then subsequent attempts to use it put the money on hold. (The money was reloaded on the prepaid AE card after a call to AE.) The restaurant should be able to use prepaid cards without issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodVidaldollDined on 8/1/2014Delicious entrees, superior service, great ambience...affordable prices for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafare simply amazing!!!BearDined on 7/30/2014While on our family vacation my beautiful wifey & I took our 3 kiddies to dine at Seafare, from our outstanding waiter Eric To each & every wonderful morsel we ate, we all loved Seafare and anyone that loves excellent seafood and steak do yourselves a huge favor and treat yourself to Seafares outstandingly scrumptious food!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice anniversary dinnereagereaters2Dined on 7/26/2014The service was outstanding and the ambiance was romantic. The food was good, but nothing exceptional. The lobster tail was rubbery and tough and the scallops were overcooked. The garlic mashed potatoes were very good as were the homemade fries. My husband was disappointed that there were no draft beers. The baklava was very good. We will come back and order some other entrees before we make a judgement as to whether to put this restaurant on our list of regular options.Special Features:
- The following 311 reviews are from the The Seafare of Williamsburg reviews archive.
- Super seafoodDineCriticDined on 7/25/2014Great place to go if you want an excellent seafood experience! Deserts were also well done but since entree portions were large we only had room for ice cream. Service was superb. Thanks Floyd!Special Features:
- BrendaBrendaDined on 7/21/2014This is a great restaurant and one I think people in Williamsburg forget. The food is very good. The service is excellent. The atmosphere is old school and classic. A great place overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJustvisitingDined on 7/11/2014This was by far the best restaurant we found in the area. We enjoyed the food and the atmosphere so much the first night we made sure to go back again before we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatEastCoastFoodieDined on 7/9/2014Outside of venue smelled fishy...should've been a clue! Welcomed with rum bread...odd choice as it is more like a dessert bread. Appetizer was delish. New England clam was gross, like hot milk with pepper. Salad tasted old. Steak was great but seafood platter was disgusting, we actually sent it back.... Rubber lobster uncooked shrimp fishy cod fillet and scallops and sour oysters. The owner was kind enough to take it off our bill and offer free dessert. Hopefully, he is looking for a new chef... You shouldn't have the name "seafare" if all the seafood items are disgusting.
- Not worth itNykerDined on 7/3/2014Way too expensive for food that was ok at best. Highly recommend skipping this place for another just based on price alone.