The Sea Grill
Rockefeller Center - 19 W.49th Street
or via the concourse thru any Rockefeller Center entrance
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Rockefeller Center Midtown
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Sea Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/restaurant.php?restaurants_id=31
- Phone: 2123327610x
- Hours of Operation:
MONDAY-FRIDAY: 11:30am-3:00pm; 5:00pm-10:00pm
BAR: Monday-Friday 11:30am-10:00pm and Saturday 2:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Yuhi Fujinaga
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Sea Grill
The Sea Grill captures the essence of the sea and the true glamour of New York. Combining both classic and contemporary elements, The Sea Grill offers one of the City’s most creative ocean-inspired menus. From sushi combinations to chowders and from the distinctive seafood bar to savory plancha offerings, The Sea Grill wraps diners in a sublime, sophisticated scene that conveys the depth and comfort of the sea.Continued
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Sea Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
238 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (141)special occasion (122)scenic view (110)fit for foodies (86)romantic (78)great for lunch (65)neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (35)hot spot (34)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (23)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Loved it. The food was amazing!LGfoodieDined on 9/25/2014The service was great as well. The ambiance was great whether the dinner was supposed to be romantic or if you were dining with a friend. I came to visit this restaraunt with a friend and our waiter suggested the best food ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor serviceImprovise4Dined on 9/25/2014It started with the seating. 2 women arrive with reservation and cannot get a table by the window even though we saw plenty open. The waiter never came over so we flagged someone down and asked for our waiter. He apologizes and asks for our beverage order and goes away.... He arrives after quite a wait with our champagne and hurriedly takes our order. We ask for bread with the order - never saw it. After he delivered the food ( which was astonishly delicious) he disappeared again. Once again we had to flag someone down for the check. For a restaurant of this caliber and prices - we expected more. Next time we will opt for take out.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!iheartnycDined on 9/20/2014The Sea Grill is a beautiful restaurant with delicious food and the BEST service. Everything was fabulous, except the homemade chips (stay away from those and focus on the fish). Definitely try the chocolate pudding with homemade pistachio ice cream. It's worth the splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine fishjr2204VIPDined on 9/20/2014The fish is fine at The Sea Grill: fresh, tasty, nicely prepared. Not overwhelmingly innovative, but pleasing and flavorful. Excellent wines (including good choices by the glass) and alert service.Special Features:
- Sea Grill is worth itEliotNYCDined on 9/20/2014Sea Grill is a modern space with a great atmosphere. Very good food and reasonable prices for Manhattan. Drinks are not potent, but service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 17th BirthdayaerobeDined on 9/20/2014My son picked this restaurant to celebrate his 17th birthday. We ate outside with a nice view of the area .Our waiter Costa (I think) was very knowledgeable about the menu as well as knowing interesting information about Rockefeller Center . He suggested the heirloom tomato salad, that was wonderful. Everything was delicious! Steak , seafood, sushi. We usually visit at Christmas time for a view of the tree,but it was great fun to sit outside this time. All the staff were outstanding.Special Features:
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/18/2014The service was great. I stopped at the raw oyster bar before watching a broadway show and it was quite tasty. I will definitely be back to try an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointsFrequentDinerVIPDined on 9/17/2014We visit the Sea Grill from time to time, even though it's considered a tourist spot. In the summer we like to sit outside. This time, we brought out of town guests. The seafood is fresh and beautifully presented. Order the fried portobellow and chips as side dishes to share. They are out of this world.Special Features:
- ChillDined on 9/17/2014Great for business lunch or dinner with guests/client that are new to New York.Special Features:
- Sea GrillJoeMac1960Dined on 9/17/2014Excellent seafood. The oysters were delicious. Sushi & sashimi plate was very goodSpecial Features:
- Just a special evening treatPatsyVIPDined on 9/17/2014The Sea Grill offered oysters on the half shell and wines for $10.00 a glass from 4:30-7:30pm this week. My friend and I took advantage of that and had glasses of Piper-Heidseck(sp?) champagne, the house chardonnay, a dozen oysters. We went on to order fried oysters served with a crunchy succotash. All were delicious and beautifully served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUR FAVJANNYCDined on 9/17/2014WE ALWAYS ENJOY EATING AT THE SEA GRILL. GO AT LEAST 4 TIMES A YEAR AS IT IS A BIT EXPENSIVE. NEVER HAD A BAD MEAL, WAITERS AND STAFF ARE VERY FRIENDLY.Special Features:
- Rich TRichTDined on 9/15/2014As usual, awesome meal and awesome service. My wife once again raved about the crab cakes and the crunchy rice with the seafood paella was a new and delectable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place for a special occasionTomKDined on 9/13/2014We went here for my wife's 50th birthday. Enjoyed a wonderful seafood dinner, service and food were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seppiVIPDined on 9/10/2014Always spectacular but these meals were exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect mid-town spotSUWSDined on 9/8/2014Nice to find a mid-town restaurant (Rockefeller Center) which doesn't give off touristy vibes even though it is located in tourist land. Good food and professional courteous service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotJerseyjoeDined on 9/6/2014This was mine and my wife's first experience going to The Sea Grill and they did a great job all around. We went for our Anniversary and it was romantic, elegant, and fun at the same time. The food and service were what you would expect of a NYC restaurant at the center of Rockefeller center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An exceptional experienceFrankDined on 9/4/2014We have dined at The Sea Grill a number of times and enjoyed ourselves. But this time was exceptional for the service afforded. We had 5PM reservations for dinner because of a 7PM theater curtain this particular evening; as luck would have it, coming in from NJ we got stuck in the Lincoln Tunnel behind an accident that held us up for almost 2 hours. We called the restaurant to advise of our situation and were told we would be taken care of, come when we could. Well, we finally got to the Sea Grill at 6:10; asked the maitre d if we could be seated, fed and out by 6:45 and he said "of course". And it happened! We had their signature New England Clam Chowder, and crab cakes that were excellent, and off to the theater. Great people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best crab cakes ever!mderenzisDined on 9/4/2014We sat outside and had a late lunch. Everything was delicious and the crab cakes were amazing. Great place to eat when you go to a taping of the new Meredith Vieira show!Special Features:
- Overlooked gem!BrownoVIPDined on 9/4/2014Exquisite service in the heart of rock center! Great food and a genuine NY restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DependablewiedVIPDined on 9/3/2014If you work in the rock center area, and you want to have a client lunch, this is a convenient, good spot. Views out to the ice rink/plaza. Good seafood. It's a nice experience.Special Features:
- A Good Meal at Rockefeller Center!Critic4gfoodVIPDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I had an opportunity to enjoy dinner and take in the scenery at Rockefeller Center. My husband had the sea grill seafood chowder & I had the mixed baby green salad with apples & vinaigrette dressing. The entrees included grilled cod and paella. I had strawberry cheesecake for dessert. Overall, the meal and experience was a good one.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/28/2014Wonderful setting- our dinner was delicious - great presentation - professional wait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OVERPRICED!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I was really disappointed and it is very overpriced to make matters worse . The salad was tasteless and the fish was also bland. Never going back. The bright spot was that the service was excellent.
- Flying Visit to the Sea GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We were in New York for one day only, so on a tight schedule. Booked for an early dinner at 5pm before flying back to London. We Arrived at the restaurant a bit early having spent the day sightseeing and shopping and sat at the bar. Welcoming server who opened our first bottle of wine with some great bar snacks. Moved to the table and had a fantastic dinner accompanied by a second bottle of wine...why not...wine by the bottle was 50% off! Food and service by Kim was awesome, we enjoyed lobster mac and chowder appetisers followed by crab cakes and a shell fish platter. I can't recommend this place highly enough and with the wine offer it represented remarkable value for a restaurant smack in the middle of the Rockefeller centre.Special Features:
- Special DinnerBirthdayDined on 8/22/2014My son recently took his girlfriend for her birthday dinner at the Sea Grille and they couldn't have made them feel more special. They had the perfect table overlooking Rockefeller Center and even brought a dessert with a candle in it without asking. Wonderful service and great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Fgt91Dined on 8/19/2014Amazing food and service! The food was absolutely delicious and service was great! I definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2014The cook forgot our food, we waited for over one hour for our main courses, and the food was cold.
- An A-1 Eating ExperienceLainieDined on 8/15/2014This is one of the best restaurants in NYC! The food, service, and ambiance cannot be found anywhere else. I would recommend this to people visiting NYC and for people who live here. Perfect service, amazing food, and the staff is always willing and ready to please. I loved the relaxed feel of the restaurant and felt like we were the only one's there as far as the server being attentive. This is a true New York Gem!Special Features:
- GoodNd25Dined on 8/15/2014Overall good experience for restaurant week. Food was fantastic but courses took awhile to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Time!SvigsDined on 8/15/2014Went on a recommendation for the last night of restaurant week and it was surprisingly one of the best dinner outing that I have had in a long time. We were a group of 3 and the view was spectacular, the ambiance and energy of the place was electric. Service outstanding, food was outstanding as well. Definitely will come back!Special Features:
- pototaDined on 8/15/2014The red wine on the manual listed as 2009 vintage. When the bottle arrived, it was a 2012 vintage. My husband pointed out and waiter basically said it was a mistake and there is no 2009 vintage. He also kind of implied that even if there was a 2009 vintage, we may not be able to afford.Special Features:
- A special dinning experience.ClaireDined on 8/15/2014We loved it. The food was very good and beautifully served. Water glasses were filled without having to ask. The service was excellent and even though it was a cloudy day we enjoyed our outside dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- howieDined on 8/14/2014The place is very modern-chic looking. beautiful view within rockerfeller center. Food was excellently prepared.Special Features:
- ok but service super slowHomecookingVIPDined on 8/13/2014sometimes when you go to a restaurant during Restaurant Week and they find out you are ordering off pre-fixe menu, they immediately treat you as lower class customer. This was the case at Sea Grill. I have been here many times before and the place was fairly empty so it was very disappointing to wait so long for courses and for our bill.Special Features:
- A wonderful eveningStelbelDined on 8/12/2014We loved the starter of mussels, crab cake, prawn/chickpeas main, and strawberry cheesecake dessert. In hindsight, I probably would have passed on the raviolli because I felt the seafood got a little "lost" in the cream sauce. All in all, a fantastic meal, and exceptional service. I would not hesitate to recommend The Sea Grill to our Australian friends.Special Features:
- Great place in Rockefeller CenterCDS1975Dined on 8/11/2014The Sea grill is a great find in Rockefeller centre. It was nice to sit outside in the heart of midtown. The food was excellent. The portions were just a little small, but the flavor and presentation was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing DinnerDisappointed8rDined on 8/9/2014Food was overpriced. I think for $35 for a bowl of shrimp they could have served it over rice. And $17 for a tomato salad (which I didn't order) is absurd. Waiter was not good or attentive enough, and his tip reflected such!Special Features:
- JaneVIPDined on 8/9/2014If you love seafood, this is a wonderful place to enjoy it
- Not worth it even for rest. WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Terrible meal for the price. Bread was stale. It took 3times if asking for fresh bread to get some rolls which they took from freezer and warmed up. Fish was dry and tastelessSpecial Features: