The Sea Grill
Rockefeller Center - 19 W.49th Street
or via the concourse thru any Rockefeller Center entrance
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Rockefeller Center Midtown
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Sea Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/restaurant.php?restaurants_id=31
- Phone: (212) 332-7610
- Hours of Operation:
MONDAY-FRIDAY: 11:30am-3:00pm; 5:00pm-10:00pm
BAR: Monday-Friday 11:30am-10:00pm and Saturday 2:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Yuhi Fujinaga
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Sea Grill
The Sea Grill captures the essence of the sea and the true glamour of New York. Combining both classic and contemporary elements, The Sea Grill offers one of the City’s most creative ocean-inspired menus. From sushi combinations to chowders and from the distinctive seafood bar to savory plancha offerings, The Sea Grill wraps diners in a sublime, sophisticated scene that conveys the depth and comfort of the sea.Continued
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Sea Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (141)scenic view (135)fit for foodies (103)great for outdoor dining (102)romantic (93)great for lunch (64)neighborhood gem (51)good for groups (42)hot spot (39)notable wine list (36)great for brunch (16)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (8)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/20/2014I have been to the Sea Grill many times and always found it to be one of New York's best restaurants. The ambiance and service is outstanding. I ordered the Filet Mignon on Thursday and it was far from tender and I doubt very much if it was really a Filet Mignon but a much lower grade of beef.Special Features:
- Excellent choiceshotsaverDined on 11/14/2014Our wait staff was happy, pleasant and very knowledgable. The food was excellent. Our one dislike was the size portion of the cheesecake dessert. The scoop of ice cream was 4 times larger than the cheesecake. Even our waitress complained about the size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York at it's bestEatLoveLiveVIPDined on 11/13/2014The Sea Grill couldn't be better and given the location they could probably turn the place more commercial. But the food is always great, service impecable and the view supurb. It is a restaurant that not sit on its laurels, just because they have a great view to compensate ! Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enchanting Dinnereat2livewellDined on 11/8/2014Had a wonderful dinner with a great view of the ice rink and got to watch a marriage proposal on the ice and when she said yes.......everyone in the restaurant cheered and applauded. Wonderful finish to a fun day in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Sea Grill on IceYakerDined on 11/7/20145 Stars across the board for this gem, the service & food were both excellent! While enjoying the excellent meal & wine we watched the skaters enjoying themselves right outside the window. Overall a very nice experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea Grill DeliversWJWardCPADined on 11/7/2014The occasion was lunch with a client. The view of the Rockefeller skating rink is always great, but this day, they were setting up the Christmas tree so the area had a special buzz to it. Sea Grill is a fairly loud venue, very few sound absorbing materials combined with a lot of tourists makes for a lot of noise, so go in knowing that. Regardless, the Sea Grill always seems to deliver a great meal. The sea grill chowder is a staple that is consistently delicious. I had the crab cakes which were similarly tasty, but more so because they were well seasoned. The house merlot is smooth and a great meal companion. Sea Grill is not cheap by any measure but you leave feeling that it was worth it.Special Features:
- NYC treasureMtwnfoodieVIPDined on 11/6/2014The Sea Grill always meets our expectations and the view of Rockefeller Center can't be beat. Wonderful for a special treat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/4/2014Wonderful view of the skating rink, and just before the holiday season, a tolerable amount of noise and camera flashes. Seafood well-prepared, calamari lightly breaded with tasty sauce. Crab cake excellent, Nantucket Bay scallops could have been given more respect with less time in the pan; would hope for an appetizer ceviche as the season progresses. Key Lime pie unremarkable.Special Features:
- GreatEveningDined on 11/4/2014What a special evening! I took friends from out of town. We all loved it. The scene outside of happy skaters, colorful fountain, lit trees, and fluttering flags was spectacular. A charming waiter guided us in making the best choices on the menu. The food was wonderful. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night Dinnerhappy2eatDined on 10/31/2014The quiet ambiance and professional service on the part of the Maitre D were lovely. The food was very good as was the wine. Unfortunately, our server was absentminded and condescending, repeating herself often and not really listening to our responses (we are not tourists, we have eaten here before, etc.) It took 45 minutes for her to take our order. We had to ask for bread twice, and a wine list three times. In the end, we had a fine time and enjoyed our meal but our experience would have been improved with better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rockefeller gemnickVIPDined on 10/30/2014The Sea Grill in Rockefeller Center is on the ice skating rink level., one elevator or stairs down from the street, with views of the skaters once the rink is frozen. Food and service are excellent and the views of the skaters fun for entertaining out-of-towners. Parking is available in the Rockefeller Center Garage at a discount via the internet so do the homework first.Special Features:
- Very disappointed with the serviceDelphiVIPDined on 10/30/2014I went to have lunch with clients three days in a roll this week. The waitress who served our table today was VERY disappointing. She forgot our order & instructions three times during the 2-hour meal with not much apology. She's also quite rude while talking to us, rough and condescending - her facial expression sold her out.
- Great spotTmannaVIPDined on 10/29/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary here and we're glad we did. From the minute we walked in to our last sip of coffee, staff did a great a job on service, the food, wine and making it a great night to remember. If it was not for a annoyingly loud, narcissistic lawyer who sat next to us (I know that because that's all she talked about for 2 hours in this, loud annoying voice you can imagine) it would have been perfect. The food had a great presentation, taste and didn't break the bank. We sat by the window overlooking the rink at Rockefeller Center. Amazing view.Special Features:
- JoeyDined on 10/28/2014We totaly enjoyed ourselves! The food was terrific the service exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceCDPJVIPDined on 10/27/2014This restaurant is eye-level with the skating rink at Rockefeller Center. Beautiful view out the windows. Excellent food and very attentive staff. I was dining by myself and they put me right next to the window in the center of the room ... BEST seat in the house! Wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Really superbChemmacDined on 10/25/2014This was a first time visit for both of us, I had received an e-mail mentioning it was the restaurant's 30th anniversary. Our table was right by the large window expanse to the Rockefeller Center rink, giving both appreciation for the really accomplished skaters and sympathetic amusement for the beginners of all ages - and one evidently accepted theatrical marriage proposal in the center of the rink! However; the dinner was truly fine. The cost? We went for a $49 anniversary special, but ended up indulging ourselves, with cocktails, wine, and oysters, ending up with over $200 for two including a well-deserved tip. The only minor irritation was a busboy grabbing my plate after I'd finished the main course while my lady was still eating.I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is New YorktymelyronVIPDined on 10/25/2014Sitting right by the window adjacent to the skating rink is one of the best views in the city. Luckily the food matches the scenery, great chowder, crab cakes and key lime pie. A special three course anniversary menu makes it a good value. Service was friendly and professional. All in all, a fun time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great EveningNYCTomVIPDined on 10/24/2014We celebrated a birthday here, not having been to this restaurant in over 20 years. We were very warmly greeted and given a table with a nice view of the (Rockefeller Center) skating rink. I had a flavorful paella which included the most tender mussels I think I've ever had. My spouse had the pink snapper and it was excellent and mild as described by the waiter. The service was excellent in every respect. Not much more to be said.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistantJohnDined on 10/22/2014I have eaten here many times and have never had a bad meal or experience. Food is top notch and service is excellent. I will continue to come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerDeliciousdinnerDined on 10/22/2014I had the salmon, others enjoyed the anniversary dinner. Food was delicious, service was superb..definitely a highlight of our trip to NYC. Only wish it wasn't raining and we could watch people skate while we ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average at bestAwesomeScottVIPDined on 10/21/2014Had the usually great chowder, it was watery and bland. the usually great crab cakes were not up the the normal style. Service was all over the place, we had to keep asking for things and it took so long. Not worth what it used to be.Special Features:
- Sea GrillChuck61VIPDined on 10/18/2014The food was fantastic. We have been to over 200 different restaurants in NYC; our waiter "Kosta" was one of (if not the best) ever.Special Features:
- Iconic View, Great Food and Servicegeekguy1VIPDined on 10/18/2014Sea Grill has become a standard for special our celebrations, and for good reasons: the food is generally excellent, the service superior, and the view is one of the best in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best NY Vibe - GREAT Sea FoodMikeZDined on 10/17/2014If you want a special experience in the heart of NY, you must check this out. Great food and service, the view - especially at Christmas - is perfect. Seafood is always amazing. Don't miss the Crab Cakes. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!Special Features:
- I feel sorry for the staffNYCJDined on 10/14/2014Food prices startling. My wife never seasons her food but used near-industrial quantities of salt and pepper to eat the wild mushroom soup ($15 for about 10 oz.) Rice in paella ($39) either not cooked or reheated several times, almost impossible to chew. Sushi ($37) laughably small, pieces a third of the size served in any NYC neighborhood joint. Service generally attentive. Server did disappear for about a quarter of an hour when we wanted to order our food but otherwise always nearby. Did not ask whether we were satisfied with our meal but, given the quality of food kitchen sends out, probably long ago realized what answer to that question would be.
- JamrockDined on 10/10/2014The food was good and our server Callie was awesome. The view was good and it was a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find under your nose.drjoe71Dined on 10/8/2014I am a native NYer and for many years I've seen the Sea Grill at Rock Center and assumed is was strictly tourist. What a surprise! It was NY. Great food and ambiance with a most attentive staff. It is a true NY gem and for me a "find" after more years than I care to admit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodphillyfoodieVIPDined on 10/7/2014Somewhat surly service, room is packed with regulars and wanabes (we were the latter, and made to feel that way), and the overall feeling is that you may be in a processing versus dining establishment. That said, the food was genuinely excellent, impressing three foodies who covet fresh and well prepared fish. The sides and desserts were memorable as well.
- Fantastic Seafood at Rock CenterBeachEsqVIPDined on 10/4/2014The Sea Grill continues to be a fantastic seafood restaurant at Rockefeller Center, on the south side of the skating rink. The food is perfectly prepared. The service is attentive and professional. It is perfect for a romantic dinner or a business dinner. Looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Business lunch perfectionjustrightDined on 9/30/2014The food is outstanding and perfectly prepared. The waitstaff know the diners need to discuss business topics and are unobtrusive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/20143 peoples spent $272.79 was reasenable meales good service recievedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful experienceTaraandJasonDined on 9/26/2014We visited The Sea Grill for dinner on the night of our engagement. Upon being seated, we were presented with champagne and a tasting of skate fish appetizer, compliments of the Chef. We were also given a plate of dessert samplings after dinner. Our waitress was friendly and very attentive without being overbearing. Our dinner and bottle of champagne were spectacular. The ambiance was surprisingly relaxing and romantic considering that we were in the middle of a bustling area. We would recommend The Sea Grill to anyone who enjoys top-notch, personalized, and friendly service, food, and drink.Special Features:
- Loved it. The food was amazing!LGfoodieDined on 9/25/2014The service was great as well. The ambiance was great whether the dinner was supposed to be romantic or if you were dining with a friend. I came to visit this restaraunt with a friend and our waiter suggested the best food ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureKathrynVIPDined on 9/25/2014I've eaten her several times over the years. The food is always excellent and the service impeccable. I can't think of a negative thing to say. It is pricey, but this is Manhattan - enough said. It overlooks the Rockefeller Center ice skating ring in winter, which is fun. If you'd like that experience without the Sea Grill price tag, try the American Festival Café on the opposite side of the ice rink, but don't expect the same level of service or food.Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceImprovise4Dined on 9/25/2014It started with the seating. 2 women arrive with reservation and cannot get a table by the window even though we saw plenty open. The waiter never came over so we flagged someone down and asked for our waiter. He apologizes and asks for our beverage order and goes away.... He arrives after quite a wait with our champagne and hurriedly takes our order. We ask for bread with the order - never saw it. After he delivered the food ( which was astonishly delicious) he disappeared again. Once again we had to flag someone down for the check. For a restaurant of this caliber and prices - we expected more. Next time we will opt for take out.Special Features:
- Extremely delightful.JenLDDined on 9/24/2014We were in NYC on vacation and were fortunate to dine here before the Broadway show we were on our way to. The decor is lovely and soothing with marine-inspired colors. Wine and a cocktail, bread, soup, entrees and dessert were all delicious. A highlight for me was the cheesecake with strawberries. Though I can't eat dairy, a bite or two of this scrumptious dessert was well worth it. The view of the ice rink and flags around Rockefeller Center was very pleasant.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!iheartnycDined on 9/20/2014The Sea Grill is a beautiful restaurant with delicious food and the BEST service. Everything was fabulous, except the homemade chips (stay away from those and focus on the fish). Definitely try the chocolate pudding with homemade pistachio ice cream. It's worth the splurge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine fishjr2204VIPDined on 9/20/2014The fish is fine at The Sea Grill: fresh, tasty, nicely prepared. Not overwhelmingly innovative, but pleasing and flavorful. Excellent wines (including good choices by the glass) and alert service.Special Features:
- Sea Grill is worth itEliotNYCDined on 9/20/2014Sea Grill is a modern space with a great atmosphere. Very good food and reasonable prices for Manhattan. Drinks are not potent, but service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 17th BirthdayaerobeDined on 9/20/2014My son picked this restaurant to celebrate his 17th birthday. We ate outside with a nice view of the area .Our waiter Costa (I think) was very knowledgeable about the menu as well as knowing interesting information about Rockefeller Center . He suggested the heirloom tomato salad, that was wonderful. Everything was delicious! Steak , seafood, sushi. We usually visit at Christmas time for a view of the tree,but it was great fun to sit outside this time. All the staff were outstanding.Special Features: