The Sea Grill
Rockefeller Center - 19 W.49th Street
or via the concourse thru any Rockefeller Center entrance
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Rockefeller Center Midtown
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
The Sea Grill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.patinagroup.com/restaurant.php?restaurants_id=31
- Phone: 2123327610x
- Hours of Operation:
MONDAY-FRIDAY: 11:30am-3:00pm; 5:00pm-10:00pm
BAR: Monday-Friday 11:30am-10:00pm and Saturday 2:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Yuhi Fujinaga
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Sea Grill
The Sea Grill captures the essence of the sea and the true glamour of New York. Combining both classic and contemporary elements, The Sea Grill offers one of the City’s most creative ocean-inspired menus. From sushi combinations to chowders and from the distinctive seafood bar to savory plancha offerings, The Sea Grill wraps diners in a sublime, sophisticated scene that conveys the depth and comfort of the sea.Continued
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
Visit our other great restaurants by clicking on the link below.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Sea Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
223 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (127)special occasion (110)scenic view (92)romantic (70)fit for foodies (69)great for lunch (64)neighborhood gem (42)hot spot (30)good for groups (29)notable wine list (28)great for brunch (26)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- OVERPRICED!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014I was really disappointed and it is very overpriced to make matters worse . The salad was tasteless and the fish was also bland. Never going back. The bright spot was that the service was excellent.
- Flying Visit to the Sea GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We were in New York for one day only, so on a tight schedule. Booked for an early dinner at 5pm before flying back to London. We Arrived at the restaurant a bit early having spent the day sightseeing and shopping and sat at the bar. Welcoming server who opened our first bottle of wine with some great bar snacks. Moved to the table and had a fantastic dinner accompanied by a second bottle of wine...why not...wine by the bottle was 50% off! Food and service by Kim was awesome, we enjoyed lobster mac and chowder appetisers followed by crab cakes and a shell fish platter. I can't recommend this place highly enough and with the wine offer it represented remarkable value for a restaurant smack in the middle of the Rockefeller centre.Special Features:
- Special DinnerBirthdayDined on 8/22/2014My son recently took his girlfriend for her birthday dinner at the Sea Grille and they couldn't have made them feel more special. They had the perfect table overlooking Rockefeller Center and even brought a dessert with a candle in it without asking. Wonderful service and great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Fgt91Dined on 8/19/2014Amazing food and service! The food was absolutely delicious and service was great! I definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An A-1 Eating ExperienceLainieDined on 8/15/2014This is one of the best restaurants in NYC! The food, service, and ambiance cannot be found anywhere else. I would recommend this to people visiting NYC and for people who live here. Perfect service, amazing food, and the staff is always willing and ready to please. I loved the relaxed feel of the restaurant and felt like we were the only one's there as far as the server being attentive. This is a true New York Gem!Special Features:
- GoodNd25Dined on 8/15/2014Overall good experience for restaurant week. Food was fantastic but courses took awhile to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Time!SvigsDined on 8/15/2014Went on a recommendation for the last night of restaurant week and it was surprisingly one of the best dinner outing that I have had in a long time. We were a group of 3 and the view was spectacular, the ambiance and energy of the place was electric. Service outstanding, food was outstanding as well. Definitely will come back!Special Features:
- pototaDined on 8/15/2014The red wine on the manual listed as 2009 vintage. When the bottle arrived, it was a 2012 vintage. My husband pointed out and waiter basically said it was a mistake and there is no 2009 vintage. He also kind of implied that even if there was a 2009 vintage, we may not be able to afford.Special Features:
- A special dinning experience.ClaireDined on 8/15/2014We loved it. The food was very good and beautifully served. Water glasses were filled without having to ask. The service was excellent and even though it was a cloudy day we enjoyed our outside dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- howieDined on 8/14/2014The place is very modern-chic looking. beautiful view within rockerfeller center. Food was excellently prepared.Special Features:
- ok but service super slowHomecookingDined on 8/13/2014sometimes when you go to a restaurant during Restaurant Week and they find out you are ordering off pre-fixe menu, they immediately treat you as lower class customer. This was the case at Sea Grill. I have been here many times before and the place was fairly empty so it was very disappointing to wait so long for courses and for our bill.Special Features:
- A wonderful eveningStelbelDined on 8/12/2014We loved the starter of mussels, crab cake, prawn/chickpeas main, and strawberry cheesecake dessert. In hindsight, I probably would have passed on the raviolli because I felt the seafood got a little "lost" in the cream sauce. All in all, a fantastic meal, and exceptional service. I would not hesitate to recommend The Sea Grill to our Australian friends.Special Features:
- Great place in Rockefeller CenterCDS1975Dined on 8/11/2014The Sea grill is a great find in Rockefeller centre. It was nice to sit outside in the heart of midtown. The food was excellent. The portions were just a little small, but the flavor and presentation was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing DinnerDisappointed8rDined on 8/9/2014Food was overpriced. I think for $35 for a bowl of shrimp they could have served it over rice. And $17 for a tomato salad (which I didn't order) is absurd. Waiter was not good or attentive enough, and his tip reflected such!Special Features:
- JaneVIPDined on 8/9/2014If you love seafood, this is a wonderful place to enjoy it
- Not worth it even for rest. WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014Terrible meal for the price. Bread was stale. It took 3times if asking for fresh bread to get some rolls which they took from freezer and warmed up. Fish was dry and tastelessSpecial Features:
- Ok at bestSuperRedDined on 8/7/2014There was nothing horrifying to report, but nothing noteworthy either. And to be honest, it you are looking for good, fresh seafood, there are quite a few other (better, fresher, cheaper with more variety) elsewhere.Special Features:
- Small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The food did not meet my expectations. The portions were too small.. My 4 year old would have asked for more. Also the food had no flavor. The presentation was good and they had great service but that's about it..I was expecting way more for the price and location.Special Features:
- good food, excellent serviceMC1885Dined on 8/4/2014Was in town for business and ate dinner alone. Weather was beautiful so I chose to eat outside. The restaurant next door is only separated by a hedge so it was very loud due to those diners. Our side was very quiet. Ordered the Restaurant Week special and the food was decent but not superb. Overall I thought it was a good value for $38.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, all things considered!FoodieDined on 8/4/2014I was very impressed with the Sea Grill!I chose to sit outside, and it was an excellent choice! Not too noisy, and a very beautiful view. Though not memorable, the food was excellent. I went for a dinner with a friend as a part of Restaurant Week, so keep in mind that my choices were limited here. I had the sushi for an appetizer, and my friend and I shared the crab cake. The crab itself was fresh and delicious! I've had better crab cakes from less upscale restaurants, however. For my entree, I had the pig confit, which was tender and delicious. And for my desert, I had the strawberry cheesecake, which I enjoyed completely. The only thing to consider is the portions because they were quite small! Still filled me up though, surprisingly!Special Features:
- 5 stars!ClassyNYCDined on 8/4/2014I came for dinner during Restaurant Week and couldn't have been happier :-) it was my first time ever doing RW, and was such a great first time experience. The ambience was so relaxed and posh, and the noise level definitely was not an issue as is often the case in midtown restaurants. The food was cooked to perfection, and definitely flavorful! Portions were a bit small, but that's to be expected. Overall, would definitely come back, at least for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunchtime Birthday CelebrationEdHuDined on 8/4/2014My good friend and his son where coming into NYC from San Diego to see a Yankees game that evening and several hours before the game, my friend Julia and I decided to take our mutual friend out to lunch for his birthday. The food was great, the service was fantastic and we had a great time catching up. The restaurant did a little birthday cake celebration for our friend as well. Highly recommend this great outdoor space to have a nice and relaxing lunch with your friends.Special Features:
- Loved it!newfoodie23Dined on 8/2/2014My sister and I were visiting New York City and we decided to eat here. We tried the prix fixe menu and it was amazing. I can just imagine what some of their other dishes are like. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good for restaurant weekMannyPDined on 8/1/2014When the waitresses found out we were there for restaurant week her whole attitude changed. The worst service I ever experienced. Bussers and servers were no better. It wasn't only Mr table, there were two tables next too us who were given the same horrible treatment.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014very reliable and always pleasant experience. A new york institutionSpecial Features:
- Great total experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014We went gor Restaurant Week. First, they brought out a tartare that was quite tasty. We each had the bronzini. The fish was cooked perfectly and was some of the best I've had. Waiter was very courteous and went out of his way to make sure our experience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- about the servicetheserviceDined on 8/1/2014I have eaten at the Sea Grill twice before. And though it was restaurant week and wanted to take advantage of it, I remembered the wonderful experience I had before. This time was a bit different. The waiter who took the order was wonderful. Those who actually did the serving were not pleasant. In fact as a top restaurant I would not expect someone to take or place my place while they pass their arm over another person's setting. That is definitely a no no! They served as though.."ok this is just a job and here take your food!" Not very inviting. However the food as always not disappointing. But for the money, the service you would hope to get is questionable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea GrillAbbieDined on 8/1/2014Great ambience and service was good. Food was fine but not as expected. Food could have been better.Special Features:
- A variety of fishALS1Dined on 7/31/2014Every was fine at the Sea Grill. The branzini and cerviche on the restaurant was excellent so was the meringue dessert. The mashed potatoes that accompanied the main could easily be eliminated as they tasted like butter and salt. Two of our party ordered a la carte at a much greater cost but a large selection of items mostly fish to choose from. Aside from restaurant week The Sea Grill is rather expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week lunchbarbDined on 7/31/2014My cousin and I had restaurant week lunch at the Sea Grill. I have to say we were more than pleasantly surprised: The menu was excellent, the amount of food more than adequate and the service and ambiance excellent. We would definitely recommend the Sea Grill to anyone wanting a good meal, with or without the tempting restaurant week menu.Special Features:
- BuzzDined on 7/31/2014Service impeccable. Food amazing (as always). Perfect place for business, family or friends.Special Features:
- lovely dinnerCynthiaDined on 7/30/2014Our dinner was almost perfect.We ate outside, the view of Rockefeller Center was beautiful. The food was excellent as was the wine. Our server was attentive and thoughtful. A romantic evening at its best.Special Features:
- We had a great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Wonderful evening with excellent food, service and setting. The NYC Restaurant Week menu was outstanding. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding waiterExcellentServiceDined on 7/29/2014Booked a family dinner for Mom's birthday during restaurant week, the waiter Christos was amazing! The food was high quality, delicious, service was impeccable, overall a very memorable event and evening.Special Features:
- Always consistentTrinigirl623VIPDined on 7/29/2014We went for restaurant week and we had dinner. Everything was brilliant! This is one of my favorite restaurants in the city.Special Features:
- Great Service/Fly ProblemOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/29/2014The service and food were very good BUT they have a serious fly problem. Small gnats and some larger flies were everywhere. We were seated iside by a window loking out to the garden and were plagued by several large flies. We asked to change our table and were accomodated but there were gnats flying about that we had to keep shooing away. A trip to the ;adies room showed just how bad the problem was as the water around the sink was full of drowned gnats. I will not return to this restaurant until the dead of winter.Special Features:
- Amazing place!MichellepDined on 7/28/2014The Sea Grill is fantastic! Went for restaurant week and the food/drinks were absolutely incredible! The chef even made us something extra for every table. The service was outstanding. When we ordered things to share (like soup), he brought it out separated for us. He also gave us little sweets at the end with the check. He was so accomodating, kind, and knowledgable. The pace was great - didn't rush us at all and didn't take too long between courses. Wonderful, beautiful views and ambience. Truly loved everything about it!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekEnigmVIPDined on 7/28/2014I took my wife and my friend out. It was my friend's birthday and it was restaurant week. Overall all the food was good but not great. The ravioli was the best part of the price fixe meals. The desserts were good. The appetizers were also good as well. The service and staff was excellent. Would definitely come back during restaurant week but I am not sure if I would be back on a regular day as the place is pricey for the food that was served (not pricey for restaurant week).Special Features:
- Great Food, Horrible ServiceVikasVIPDined on 7/28/2014The food is amazing - participated in Restaurant Week and it was fantastic. HOWEVER, the serivce was horrible. Took over 20 minutes for our waiter to come by and take our orders, got our beverage orders wrong, never came by to offer beverage refills, came back to check on each course as we finished and just poor rude service. We had to ask for desserts that were included in the Restaurant Week menu. Despite great food, the service ruined the night for me and my guest.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableAsteroidDined on 7/26/2014We have been going to the Sea Grill for many years and have never been disappointed.Special Features: