The Sea Goose Grill & Raw Bar
265 Post Road
Westerly, RI 02891Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Sea Goose Grill & Raw Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theseagoose.com/
- Phone: (401) 315-0788
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily 11:30am-4pm
Dinner Daily 4pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from The Sea Goose Grill & Raw Bar
We're pretty lucky in this little corner of the world. Sandwiched between the fishing fleets of Stonington and Point Judith, we are fortunate to have access to some of the best and freshest seafood in the world. Oysters from Charlestown. Tautog and striped bass from Point Judith. Sourcing only the finest local ingredients.Continued
We look forward to serving you.
We look forward to serving you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Sea Goose Grill & Raw Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (30)vibrant bar scene (25)special occasion (21)great for lunch (19)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (17)romantic (10)notable wine list (10)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Fish Deliciousgreygoose2VIPDined on 11/15/2014Wanting a fresh fish dinner, we were not disappointed at the Sea Goose. The wine list both "by the glass" and bottle offered a nice selection and variety - very important to my husband. The Signature Champagne Cocktail suited my pallet to a "T". Our waitress, Jennifer, couldn't have been more cordial and helpful when ordering. Our dinners were served at a good temperature and plated nicely. My husbands seafood stew was awesome and my flounder delicious. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backHappyDinerDined on 10/31/2014We were a party of 8. Out of the 8, we ordered 3different entrees. Everyone enjoyed their food. 6 out of the 8 were there for the first time. All are looking forward to returning. Our server was very attentive and pleasant but not overbearing. A woman who I presume was an owner came by our table to make sure everyone was happy and satisfied. We were!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnsurpassedEffieVIPDined on 10/25/2014The Sea Goose continues to be a wonderful place to go and, once again, we were far from disappointed -- we were just elated. Warm lobster salad with fresh steamed spinach was divine. Thank you, Sea Goose team!Special Features:
- Always DelightstravelwithcousinsDined on 10/25/2014The Sea Goose has become one of our favorite restaurants in the Westerly area. Even on a very busy Saturday night, service was prompt and courteous, and the food outstanding. Whenever we feel like seafood, the Sea Goose tops our list.Special Features:
- The GoosechipDined on 10/8/2014Always enjoy it - great seafood - never disappoints!!!! The staff is courteous and serves with a smile. Try it!!Special Features:
- Perfect choiceexploradoraDined on 10/4/2014Sea Goose provides excellent meals with excellent service. I especially recommend the seafood stew with a side of rice.Special Features:
- Worth a visit.CrazyBillTheEelKillerDined on 10/3/2014GREAT raw bar. Oysters and clams were as chilled as I've ever had them, as they should be. Fried whole belly clams were as good as we've ever had. Batter was perfect ( batter is based upon a local legend's recipe, and is the best fried batter my wife or I have ever tried ). Crab cakes were delicious. Was a little noisy ( not overly so, though ), so don't expect romantic ambiance. It was also pretty chilly there, they clearly had the air firing away. The restaraunt was impeccably clean, and the wait staff was very good. A great dining experience, and my wife and I will definitely return whenever we visit the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014We had a lot of trouble hearing each other because of noice factor. Your small seperate area was not attractive and needs to be addressed. This could solve the "quite request".Special Features:
- Great food, Great serviceBruceDined on 10/2/2014Arrived early for Happy Hour and then were seated at our table. Food and Service were excellent.Special Features:
- awtjtDined on 10/2/2014Been here many times as a couple and with family and friends. Have always enjoyed the food and experience. This time when we went for restaurant week it was extra special! The quality and variety of offerings were outstanding. The baked stuffed lobster and filet with crab cake were our choices and we had no regrets! The service is very good, but our server (Joe) this time, was VERY attentive. It's a great addition to the Misquamicut/Weekapaug area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FavoriteCharlestownLocalDined on 9/27/2014Always enjoy dining at the Goose. Raw bar is outstanding. Asian calamari was a hit at the table. Staff works hard to please.
- Happy BirthdayPhillyCheesecakeDined on 9/27/2014I booked this for my fiance's 50th bday. Our fave were the muscles...super delicioso butter sauce. Lobster roll very good. Lobster dinner even better. At my prompting at time of reservation through Opentable, waitress brought a piece of cake with candle! Oh & they have staff fully knowledgeable about wines!! What do you need after that???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- artistDined on 9/23/2014The menu was very good. There were lots of choices. The lobster salad was excellent as were the clams with linguine. The grits were a nice surprise to see on the menu.Special Features:
- Wonderful!EffieVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is an amazing restaurant. The food is carefully, thoughtfully and imaginatively prepared by a truly talented chef. We went very late, driving 25 minutes from South County, and wished we could have stayed longer. The oysters with wasabi caviar were ...delicious. And, the warm lobster salad was extraordinary, as was the more traditional "cold" one. The service was excellent -- we were looked in on regularly but without being interrupted. WILL DEFINITELY GO AGAIN! Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014the staff is "too quick " and rushed us we were there TWICE this past weekendSpecial Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 9/19/2014One of the specials--and it was also listed a different way on the regular menu--was flounder. By 7:30 on a Friday night they had none, and no substitute, such as cod or tilapia. They do have salmon on the regular menu, as well as fish and chips. If they have fish they can fry, why not offer it baked or broiled with some sauce to make up for the lack of 2 dinner choices. Pretty disappointing for a shoreline restaurant. However, the seafood stew was very good, as was the filet mignon and crab cake. I would recommend this restaurant, with some buts...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood, very pleasantQuonnieDined on 9/14/2014We have been here quite a few times and always have great food and service. One of the owners usually comes by to ask us if we need anything and the wait staff is attentive. Great fish, well prepared--but my husband says the burger is one of the best he has had. We are lucky to live near this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingFoodFanDined on 9/13/2014Warm and welcoming, the talented chef Andrew Nathan and his wife Jen Gibson have created a dining paradise on Route One just miles from the Charlestown - Westerly border. From the hostesses to the bar and wait staff, each person focuses on diners and their experience sat the Sea Goose. With a fabulous selection of cocktails, wine, and beer, guests instantly settle into a sense of opulence and relaxation. Their Asian calamari and crab cakes got such rave reviews at the bar that friends who don't ordinarily order appetizers found their will power fading. The Faroe Island Salmon, Low Country Shrimp, and specials were described in detail by the wait staff cooked to perfection in the kitchen. The strawberry shortcake was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster rollsYumyumVIPDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant had great salads and hot lobster rolls. Delicious A bit noisy but a very busy place. You could take kids there if you need to. Swordfish was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANOTHER great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/12/2014Again in the area to see a play at the theater by the sea and we had to stop in and enjoy our favorite spot near the shore. The night started out with the best clam cakes that we have had in years. Served piping hot loaded with pieces of fresh clams and flavor and cooked to perfection. Moved on to the clam chowder that was chuck full of clams and potatoes and creamy, a great start to our meal. For the main course I went with the fried calamari served with peppers and a spicy marinara sauce, outstanding. My better half went with the hard to beat lobster boil for an incredible $25 you get a boil lobster, mussels, clams. sausage, potatoes, and corn on the cob. An outstanding platter of seafood delivered piping hot and seasoned perfectly.Special Features:
- Very Noisy!PatsViewsDined on 9/6/2014Went on a Sat nite for a birhday celebration. It was very noisy and the food just warm. Fried clams are just not good unless served hot! Same with fries! Might be better on a weeknite. Stuffies were good; flounder good. Tuna portion very small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodJunkieDined on 9/6/2014The seafood selection met my fairly high expectations. No one in our party of 6 was disappointed in his menu. The Pt. Judith calamari was the best I've had, and I fully enjoyed the fried gulf oysters entree. Filets of beef were cooked to perfection but were thin (3/4 of and inch). One unique dish was excellent, chicken over grits with a poached egg. If you like your fries crispy, you you'll love them here. While the food and service was very good, the noise level between 6:30 and 8 pm is unpleasant. Still, I'd go back any time. Their house red wine is better than I buy for myself! (Lohr)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood additionCharlestownLocalDined on 9/5/2014Always a great place to eat and just around the corner from home. Gets a little noisy, but there are pockets where the noise level is muted. Oysters are superb?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Oysters!smalldancerDined on 9/4/2014I took a party of 4 female relatives to the Sea Goose during our annual 'Girls' Weekend'. Everyone loved the food and drinks, and our service was outstanding. It was a lovely evening so we opted to eat on the porch. Much quieter out there, and no freezing cold air conditioning to contend with. The raw oysters are to die for! All the seafood is delicious, and everyone had a different entrée. Making a decision from the menu is truly difficult, since there are so many yummy choices. We also tried the drink special called 'blueberry lemonade' and it was refreshing and very tasty. Will definitely return to this place in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday night dinnerMarkDDined on 9/2/2014There was a good crowd for a Tuesday, my first time here. The waitstaff was very accommodating and the food was delicious. I will come back again.Special Features:
- Regular SpotBobbydDined on 9/1/2014We are locals who visit the Sea Goose often. A great local spot for good food and the best Dark and Stormy's anywhere. Entertained some friends from N.Y. that evening. Everyone was pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellenttravelwithcousinsDined on 9/1/2014We've dined at the Sea Goose several times, and each time the food is excellent and the service outstanding.
- Delicious!friskybinxDined on 8/30/2014I've been to this restaurant several times now and absolutely love it. The food is moderately priced - a little more expensive then your average place but well worth it. The menu changes with the seasons so you never know what you will get to choose from. I've had the soft shell crab poboy and the shrimp and grits. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a nice dinner!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/30/2014scallops undercooked, as was calamari. ordered the fra diavalo shrimp parm, and it was not hot. had to add a lot of red flakes. both entrees were overpriced. liked the wine selection at the raw bar.
- ANOTHER great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2014Third visit in a month and we once again really enjoyed ourselves. We were again dining before going to see a play nearby. We had such a nice experience a month ago with Beth as our server we again asked for her. The biggest surprise of the evening was how nice dining our on the deck was (that is where her station was). The deck is covered and screened in but you are outdoors on a great night. Service was GREAT if you don't have a special server here ask for Beth by name you will not be disappointed. We both decided on the lobster boil which includes a 1 lb lobster mussels clams Andouille sausage corn on the cob and potatoes steamed and served piping hot on a platter. GREAT GREAT GREAT. Finished with black and white mouse cake +++++Special Features:
- vineNdineVIPDined on 8/28/2014Frequent diner at The Sea Goose Grille and always an enjoyable experience. Oysters, stuffies and other apps are top notch. So is specialty cocktail menu and beer selection. Seafood stew is memorable. Local flounder dish is excellent. Wait staff is attentive and knowledgable. Entrees are always brought out immediately from the kitchen to ensure fish is served right from the oven and hot.Special Features:
- Excellent Seafood & ServicetinaDined on 8/27/2014We dined at the Seafood Goose & Grill and found it to be a most excellent choice. The Asian Calamari as well as the raw oysters were incredibly fresh. Our entrees were wonderful! I chose the Lobster Boil and my husband chose the Seafood Stew. They were both cooked to perfection and we gobbled up every morsel. The hostess and waitress checked back with us several times. They were friendly and truly wanted our experience there to be great. The next morning we went to the Cooked Goose for breakfast, which the same family owns, and found it also to be a fabulous way to start the day. We will definitely return on our next visit to the area!Special Features:
- Great Seafood and Steaks31yearshappyDined on 8/24/2014Wonderfully prepared fresh seafood and steaks. We also ordered from the raw bar and we were thrilled with our fresh and delicate selection of oysters and shrimp. The bar was hugely impressive offering delicious seasonal and interesting libations. The cucumber and basil martini was superb. The service was friendly and very helpful. We will back back. It's a perfect ending to a day at the beach.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday Virgo!KyletheMinionDined on 8/23/2014We had a party of 4 picky foodies for a crazy virgo birthday party. Normally this would have been a review filled with picayune and sometimes trivial criticism, well what if they did this better or why where the drinks served in tiny hipster sized cups... but none of this occurred! We were welcomed immediately upon entering and sat at a nice table in the lower dining area with a prompt, funny waiter named Michael who gave great food recommendations and even remembered the birthday boy who ate here last year and notably even remembered his food allergy and his drink order from his visit months ago. The specials from shrimp and grits, flounder, and steaks were all perfectly cooked and the list of fresh local oysters is a +. ='s Great PlaceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014I liked the ambiance and food quite well. My husband was less enthusiastic. Our friends enjoyed their dishes. Overall, I'd say the Sea Goose was quite nice with a nice looking and inviting bar.Special Features:
- The Sea GooseSullyDined on 8/18/2014Although the location is unremarkable do not let that stop you from trying the Sea Goose Grille and Raw Bar. The decor is fun and the vibe is good. My husband and I both ordered the fish and chips. The dish was a good sized portion of fresh fresh and tasty fries. We both ordered a martini one Italian Wedding and one Espresso- actually come to think of it they were the best part of the experience! We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great shellfish selectionQuonniebabyDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant is a nice addition to the beach area outside city of Westerly. The selection is a very good cross section of local shellfish and one or two local fish. The fish was well prepared and tasty with just right amount of seasonings. The french fries were a bit greasy and over seasoned with salt. Service was cordial but painfully slow even though there were 2-3 service people for 6-8 tables that were occupied for this late lunch period. Reasonable prices and comprehensive beer and wine list. For lunchtime good for families and night time TV and bar an attraction as well. Good value for local seafood well prepared if your willing to wait for the service and have to get up to ask for your bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 2nd trip and again it was vgOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014Second time for us. Had a great experience about a month ago and we had to come back. Once again, the food was very good. We started with a clam cakes and chowder along with mussels with anduelle sausage. Both were outstanding. Wife had fish and chips (she loved the piping hot fish but the fries were served warm at best. I had the Caesar salad with grilled chicken which was outstanding. Wife ordered the strawberry shortcake which was just ok (shortcake was very dry and there was no juice/sauce to add liquid to help out. Becca our server seemed like she wanted to be somewhere else the entire time. Tonight our main food was great but everything else was off a step... and we still enjoyed it.Special Features:
- LeeannDined on 8/11/2014Food was very poor. No taste in food. Our waitress was not friendly. I would not recommend to anyone. Very ordinary place. I never recieved my points and called numerous times about this.
- Nice Restaurantpaulg6868Dined on 8/8/2014My girlfriend and I were looking for a nice intimate restaurant in Westerly, on the way to the casino's. After doing a search on Yelp, we stumbled upon this place. It got really good reviews so lets give it a try! So, when we arrived at the restaurant, we were a little taken back at the location...on a main road, mixed in with all the chain restaurants. At this point, we were hungry and didn't want to spend time looking for another place. Glad we stayed, because the food, service and prices were all excellent! Perfect casual restaurant for family, friends, dates or just grabbing drinks. NOTE, this is not the place if your looking for a quiet place with an ocean view!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.