The Sea Goose Grill & Raw Bar
265 Post Road
Westerly, RI 02891Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Sea Goose Grill & Raw Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theseagoose.com/
- Phone: 4013150788x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily 11:30am-4pm
Dinner Sunday-Thursday 4pm-9pm
Friday & Saturday 4pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from The Sea Goose Grill & Raw Bar
We're pretty lucky in this little corner of the world. Sandwiched between the fishing fleets of Stonington and Point Judith, we are fortunate to have access to some of the best and freshest seafood in the world. Oysters from Charlestown. Tautog and striped bass from Point Judith. Sourcing only the finest local ingredients.Continued
We look forward to serving you.
We look forward to serving you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Sea Goose Grill & Raw Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (42)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (26)kid-friendly (24)great for lunch (22)special occasion (20)notable wine list (16)hot spot (15)great for outdoor dining (14)romantic (9)great for brunch (8)late-night find (6)scenic view (2)Show More
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 9/19/2014One of the specials--and it was also listed a different way on the regular menu--was flounder. By 7:30 on a Friday night they had none, and no substitute, such as cod or tilapia. They do have salmon on the regular menu, as well as fish and chips. If they have fish they can fry, why not offer it baked or broiled with some sauce to make up for the lack of 2 dinner choices. Pretty disappointing for a shoreline restaurant. However, the seafood stew was very good, as was the filet mignon and crab cake. I would recommend this restaurant, with some buts...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafood, very pleasantQuonnieDined on 9/14/2014We have been here quite a few times and always have great food and service. One of the owners usually comes by to ask us if we need anything and the wait staff is attentive. Great fish, well prepared--but my husband says the burger is one of the best he has had. We are lucky to live near this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always OutstandingFoodFanDined on 9/13/2014Warm and welcoming, the talented chef Andrew Nathan and his wife Jen Gibson have created a dining paradise on Route One just miles from the Charlestown - Westerly border. From the hostesses to the bar and wait staff, each person focuses on diners and their experience sat the Sea Goose. With a fabulous selection of cocktails, wine, and beer, guests instantly settle into a sense of opulence and relaxation. Their Asian calamari and crab cakes got such rave reviews at the bar that friends who don't ordinarily order appetizers found their will power fading. The Faroe Island Salmon, Low Country Shrimp, and specials were described in detail by the wait staff cooked to perfection in the kitchen. The strawberry shortcake was to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster rollsYumyumDined on 9/13/2014This restaurant had great salads and hot lobster rolls. Delicious A bit noisy but a very busy place. You could take kids there if you need to. Swordfish was great also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANOTHER great night!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/12/2014Again in the area to see a play at the theater by the sea and we had to stop in and enjoy our favorite spot near the shore. The night started out with the best clam cakes that we have had in years. Served piping hot loaded with pieces of fresh clams and flavor and cooked to perfection. Moved on to the clam chowder that was chuck full of clams and potatoes and creamy, a great start to our meal. For the main course I went with the fried calamari served with peppers and a spicy marinara sauce, outstanding. My better half went with the hard to beat lobster boil for an incredible $25 you get a boil lobster, mussels, clams. sausage, potatoes, and corn on the cob. An outstanding platter of seafood delivered piping hot and seasoned perfectly.Special Features:
- Very Noisy!PatsViewsDined on 9/6/2014Went on a Sat nite for a birhday celebration. It was very noisy and the food just warm. Fried clams are just not good unless served hot! Same with fries! Might be better on a weeknite. Stuffies were good; flounder good. Tuna portion very small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeafoodJunkieDined on 9/6/2014The seafood selection met my fairly high expectations. No one in our party of 6 was disappointed in his menu. The Pt. Judith calamari was the best I've had, and I fully enjoyed the fried gulf oysters entree. Filets of beef were cooked to perfection but were thin (3/4 of and inch). One unique dish was excellent, chicken over grits with a poached egg. If you like your fries crispy, you you'll love them here. While the food and service was very good, the noise level between 6:30 and 8 pm is unpleasant. Still, I'd go back any time. Their house red wine is better than I buy for myself! (Lohr)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood additionCharlestownLocalDined on 9/5/2014Always a great place to eat and just around the corner from home. Gets a little noisy, but there are pockets where the noise level is muted. Oysters are superb?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Oysters!smalldancerDined on 9/4/2014I took a party of 4 female relatives to the Sea Goose during our annual 'Girls' Weekend'. Everyone loved the food and drinks, and our service was outstanding. It was a lovely evening so we opted to eat on the porch. Much quieter out there, and no freezing cold air conditioning to contend with. The raw oysters are to die for! All the seafood is delicious, and everyone had a different entrée. Making a decision from the menu is truly difficult, since there are so many yummy choices. We also tried the drink special called 'blueberry lemonade' and it was refreshing and very tasty. Will definitely return to this place in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday night dinnerMarkDDined on 9/2/2014There was a good crowd for a Tuesday, my first time here. The waitstaff was very accommodating and the food was delicious. I will come back again.Special Features:
- Regular SpotBobbydDined on 9/1/2014We are locals who visit the Sea Goose often. A great local spot for good food and the best Dark and Stormy's anywhere. Entertained some friends from N.Y. that evening. Everyone was pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellenttravelwithcousinsDined on 9/1/2014We've dined at the Sea Goose several times, and each time the food is excellent and the service outstanding.
- Delicious!friskybinxDined on 8/30/2014I've been to this restaurant several times now and absolutely love it. The food is moderately priced - a little more expensive then your average place but well worth it. The menu changes with the seasons so you never know what you will get to choose from. I've had the soft shell crab poboy and the shrimp and grits. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a nice dinner!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/30/2014scallops undercooked, as was calamari. ordered the fra diavalo shrimp parm, and it was not hot. had to add a lot of red flakes. both entrees were overpriced. liked the wine selection at the raw bar.
- ANOTHER great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/29/2014Third visit in a month and we once again really enjoyed ourselves. We were again dining before going to see a play nearby. We had such a nice experience a month ago with Beth as our server we again asked for her. The biggest surprise of the evening was how nice dining our on the deck was (that is where her station was). The deck is covered and screened in but you are outdoors on a great night. Service was GREAT if you don't have a special server here ask for Beth by name you will not be disappointed. We both decided on the lobster boil which includes a 1 lb lobster mussels clams Andouille sausage corn on the cob and potatoes steamed and served piping hot on a platter. GREAT GREAT GREAT. Finished with black and white mouse cake +++++Special Features:
- vineNdineVIPDined on 8/28/2014Frequent diner at The Sea Goose Grille and always an enjoyable experience. Oysters, stuffies and other apps are top notch. So is specialty cocktail menu and beer selection. Seafood stew is memorable. Local flounder dish is excellent. Wait staff is attentive and knowledgable. Entrees are always brought out immediately from the kitchen to ensure fish is served right from the oven and hot.Special Features:
- Excellent Seafood & ServicetinaDined on 8/27/2014We dined at the Seafood Goose & Grill and found it to be a most excellent choice. The Asian Calamari as well as the raw oysters were incredibly fresh. Our entrees were wonderful! I chose the Lobster Boil and my husband chose the Seafood Stew. They were both cooked to perfection and we gobbled up every morsel. The hostess and waitress checked back with us several times. They were friendly and truly wanted our experience there to be great. The next morning we went to the Cooked Goose for breakfast, which the same family owns, and found it also to be a fabulous way to start the day. We will definitely return on our next visit to the area!Special Features:
- Great Seafood and Steaks31yearshappyDined on 8/24/2014Wonderfully prepared fresh seafood and steaks. We also ordered from the raw bar and we were thrilled with our fresh and delicate selection of oysters and shrimp. The bar was hugely impressive offering delicious seasonal and interesting libations. The cucumber and basil martini was superb. The service was friendly and very helpful. We will back back. It's a perfect ending to a day at the beach.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday Virgo!KyletheMinionDined on 8/23/2014We had a party of 4 picky foodies for a crazy virgo birthday party. Normally this would have been a review filled with picayune and sometimes trivial criticism, well what if they did this better or why where the drinks served in tiny hipster sized cups... but none of this occurred! We were welcomed immediately upon entering and sat at a nice table in the lower dining area with a prompt, funny waiter named Michael who gave great food recommendations and even remembered the birthday boy who ate here last year and notably even remembered his food allergy and his drink order from his visit months ago. The specials from shrimp and grits, flounder, and steaks were all perfectly cooked and the list of fresh local oysters is a +. ='s Great PlaceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014I liked the ambiance and food quite well. My husband was less enthusiastic. Our friends enjoyed their dishes. Overall, I'd say the Sea Goose was quite nice with a nice looking and inviting bar.Special Features:
- The Sea GooseSullyDined on 8/18/2014Although the location is unremarkable do not let that stop you from trying the Sea Goose Grille and Raw Bar. The decor is fun and the vibe is good. My husband and I both ordered the fish and chips. The dish was a good sized portion of fresh fresh and tasty fries. We both ordered a martini one Italian Wedding and one Espresso- actually come to think of it they were the best part of the experience! We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great shellfish selectionQuonniebabyDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant is a nice addition to the beach area outside city of Westerly. The selection is a very good cross section of local shellfish and one or two local fish. The fish was well prepared and tasty with just right amount of seasonings. The french fries were a bit greasy and over seasoned with salt. Service was cordial but painfully slow even though there were 2-3 service people for 6-8 tables that were occupied for this late lunch period. Reasonable prices and comprehensive beer and wine list. For lunchtime good for families and night time TV and bar an attraction as well. Good value for local seafood well prepared if your willing to wait for the service and have to get up to ask for your bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 2nd trip and again it was vgOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014Second time for us. Had a great experience about a month ago and we had to come back. Once again, the food was very good. We started with a clam cakes and chowder along with mussels with anduelle sausage. Both were outstanding. Wife had fish and chips (she loved the piping hot fish but the fries were served warm at best. I had the Caesar salad with grilled chicken which was outstanding. Wife ordered the strawberry shortcake which was just ok (shortcake was very dry and there was no juice/sauce to add liquid to help out. Becca our server seemed like she wanted to be somewhere else the entire time. Tonight our main food was great but everything else was off a step... and we still enjoyed it.Special Features:
- LeeannDined on 8/11/2014Food was very poor. No taste in food. Our waitress was not friendly. I would not recommend to anyone. Very ordinary place. I never recieved my points and called numerous times about this.
- Nice Restaurantpaulg6868Dined on 8/8/2014My girlfriend and I were looking for a nice intimate restaurant in Westerly, on the way to the casino's. After doing a search on Yelp, we stumbled upon this place. It got really good reviews so lets give it a try! So, when we arrived at the restaurant, we were a little taken back at the location...on a main road, mixed in with all the chain restaurants. At this point, we were hungry and didn't want to spend time looking for another place. Glad we stayed, because the food, service and prices were all excellent! Perfect casual restaurant for family, friends, dates or just grabbing drinks. NOTE, this is not the place if your looking for a quiet place with an ocean view!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find after a day at the beachFamily4PakDined on 8/8/2014We were seated promptly and pleasantly surprised by the menu. It had all the expected seafood favorites and the specials added some unexpected variety such as a whole fried sea bass with chili sauce. There was a lively but not rowdy bar scene (we had our children with us). Our meals were brought out promptly, but we didn't feel rushed, and the kids loved the coconut cream pie for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableMariatiniVIPDined on 8/5/2014The food, service, and wine list are consistently good at the Sea Goose. Desserts are homemade and always wonderful. Recommended!
- ExcellentWheelsDined on 8/4/20142nd time, 1st for dinner. Did not disappoint. Looking forward to going back again for lunch for a lobster roll. I'm a regular at the Cooked Goose.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Fabulous place in every respect. Even if seafood is not you thing, there will be something delicious for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birds of a featherfoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our inaugural visit to the Sea Goose; it was the perfect spot to dine at after meeting new feathered friends at the non profit Born to be Wild Nature Center in nearby Bradford, RI where we were thrilled to se so many injured raptors being rehabilitated.Special Features:
- Great!MaureenDined on 8/1/2014The Sea Goose is a wonderful asset to the Westerly/Charlestown area. The owners. Are well know from the Cooked Goose, and the food and whole experience is wonderful!Special Features:
- First timers and we loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/1/2014Coming from out of the area to eat before Theatre by the Sea and this was a great find. Beth, our server was excellent never rushing us but always seemed to be within ear shot when we needed her and she was busy. We started with chowder and it is right up there with the best we have ever had. Great flavor with lots of clams but not to thick, just the right mix. The whole belly clams were cooked to perfection were sweet and were the size that my wife loves them, small. The grilled chicken Caesar salad was large and the chicken was cooked just right. A house special glass of wine was a great bargain at $8. Every item coming out of the kitchen looked great and we are already looking forward to our next trip into the area, thanks.Special Features:
- Not enough wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014We dined with a dear friend and she invited her granddaughter and college friend to join us. We were not sure what to expect as previous owners were less than talented. All enjoyed their meal, everyone had a different dish and the seafood was excellent. Very good menu choices, good wine list and interesting specials. The room was crowed as it was a Thursday night in summer season in Westerly. Our waiter was good except he had too many tables to cover and each table had probably 6-8 per table. Needless to say service was slow, the kitchen was slow in producing our meals however when they finally arrived all enjoyed them. I would recommend the food to anyone and hopefully next time we go will be after the summer crowds leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea Goose will not disappoint..saltLiFeDined on 7/25/2014Fresh seafood and excellent service.. We were looking for a restaurant in the area and made a lady minute reservation and were so happy we did.. We will be back as we vacation in RI all summer...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oceanviewoceanviewVIPDined on 7/23/2014We have eaten here before but we were seated in a different area and the acoustics were terrible. The people talking came across as so loud we couldn't even hear our self talkSpecial Features:
- What's good for the Goose.....Larry892VIPDined on 7/21/2014We have been to the Sea Goose on numerous occasions and the service is always excellent and the food very good and consistent. We always enjoy the dining experience and the food is fresh with great local seafood. We will be back. My only issue is that I would like to see some improvement to the exterior to make it as nice as the interior.Special Features:
- Portion sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Very uneven entree sizes. Fish taco was so small that it was skimpy for even an appetizer.
- Great food - but very noisytravelwithcousinsDined on 7/18/2014We've enjoyed dining at the Sea Goose several times and always find the food and service excellent. But when they get busy in the summer, the noise level is very high, making normal conversation difficult.Special Features:
- can't wait to go back!!!!Suz15Dined on 7/10/2014It was our first visit to the Sea Goose and it was fantastic. Staff was great. Chef/ owner Nathan was very much involved in the service and thanked us as we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience poor, food unimaginativehalriDined on 7/10/2014Menu choices were completely standard - prices are high enough to justify more interesting options. The quality of our orders was adequate - no more. Cherry stones with linguini were way to large - well on their way to quahogs, and nearly too tough to chew. Broiled salmon was over-cooked, and the serving size modest to small. Restaurant is located in a mini-mall with a view of small row stores and a highway. Interior is stark and harsh, resulting in noise levels that completely prevented normal conversation. No reason we could see ever to return