The Sea Goose Grill & Raw Bar
265 Post Road
Westerly, RI 02891Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Sea Goose Grill & Raw Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://theseagoose.com/
- Phone: 4013150788x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily 11:30am-4pm
Dinner Sunday-Thursday 4pm-9pm
Friday & Saturday 4pm-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access
A word from The Sea Goose Grill & Raw Bar
We're pretty lucky in this little corner of the world. Sandwiched between the fishing fleets of Stonington and Point Judith, we are fortunate to have access to some of the best and freshest seafood in the world. Oysters from Charlestown. Tautog and striped bass from Point Judith. Sourcing only the finest local ingredients.Continued
We look forward to serving you.
We look forward to serving you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Sea Goose Grill & Raw Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
93 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (23)vibrant bar scene (22)great for lunch (19)kid-friendly (19)special occasion (17)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (10)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (8)romantic (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great Seafood and Steaks31yearshappyDined on 8/24/2014Wonderfully prepared fresh seafood and steaks. We also ordered from the raw bar and we were thrilled with our fresh and delicate selection of oysters and shrimp. The bar was hugely impressive offering delicious seasonal and interesting libations. The cucumber and basil martini was superb. The service was friendly and very helpful. We will back back. It's a perfect ending to a day at the beach.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday Virgo!KyletheMinionDined on 8/23/2014We had a party of 4 picky foodies for a crazy virgo birthday party. Normally this would have been a review filled with picayune and sometimes trivial criticism, well what if they did this better or why where the drinks served in tiny hipster sized cups... but none of this occurred! We were welcomed immediately upon entering and sat at a nice table in the lower dining area with a prompt, funny waiter named Michael who gave great food recommendations and even remembered the birthday boy who ate here last year and notably even remembered his food allergy and his drink order from his visit months ago. The specials from shrimp and grits, flounder, and steaks were all perfectly cooked and the list of fresh local oysters is a +. ='s Great PlaceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014I liked the ambiance and food quite well. My husband was less enthusiastic. Our friends enjoyed their dishes. Overall, I'd say the Sea Goose was quite nice with a nice looking and inviting bar.Special Features:
- The Sea GooseSullyDined on 8/18/2014Although the location is unremarkable do not let that stop you from trying the Sea Goose Grille and Raw Bar. The decor is fun and the vibe is good. My husband and I both ordered the fish and chips. The dish was a good sized portion of fresh fresh and tasty fries. We both ordered a martini one Italian Wedding and one Espresso- actually come to think of it they were the best part of the experience! We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great shellfish selectionQuonniebabyDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant is a nice addition to the beach area outside city of Westerly. The selection is a very good cross section of local shellfish and one or two local fish. The fish was well prepared and tasty with just right amount of seasonings. The french fries were a bit greasy and over seasoned with salt. Service was cordial but painfully slow even though there were 2-3 service people for 6-8 tables that were occupied for this late lunch period. Reasonable prices and comprehensive beer and wine list. For lunchtime good for families and night time TV and bar an attraction as well. Good value for local seafood well prepared if your willing to wait for the service and have to get up to ask for your bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 2nd trip and again it was vgOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014Second time for us. Had a great experience about a month ago and we had to come back. Once again, the food was very good. We started with a clam cakes and chowder along with mussels with anduelle sausage. Both were outstanding. Wife had fish and chips (she loved the piping hot fish but the fries were served warm at best. I had the Caesar salad with grilled chicken which was outstanding. Wife ordered the strawberry shortcake which was just ok (shortcake was very dry and there was no juice/sauce to add liquid to help out. Becca our server seemed like she wanted to be somewhere else the entire time. Tonight our main food was great but everything else was off a step... and we still enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Nice Restaurantpaulg6868Dined on 8/8/2014My girlfriend and I were looking for a nice intimate restaurant in Westerly, on the way to the casino's. After doing a search on Yelp, we stumbled upon this place. It got really good reviews so lets give it a try! So, when we arrived at the restaurant, we were a little taken back at the location...on a main road, mixed in with all the chain restaurants. At this point, we were hungry and didn't want to spend time looking for another place. Glad we stayed, because the food, service and prices were all excellent! Perfect casual restaurant for family, friends, dates or just grabbing drinks. NOTE, this is not the place if your looking for a quiet place with an ocean view!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find after a day at the beachFamily4PakDined on 8/8/2014We were seated promptly and pleasantly surprised by the menu. It had all the expected seafood favorites and the specials added some unexpected variety such as a whole fried sea bass with chili sauce. There was a lively but not rowdy bar scene (we had our children with us). Our meals were brought out promptly, but we didn't feel rushed, and the kids loved the coconut cream pie for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableMariatiniVIPDined on 8/5/2014The food, service, and wine list are consistently good at the Sea Goose. Desserts are homemade and always wonderful. Recommended!
- ExcellentWheelsDined on 8/4/20142nd time, 1st for dinner. Did not disappoint. Looking forward to going back again for lunch for a lobster roll. I'm a regular at the Cooked Goose.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Fabulous place in every respect. Even if seafood is not you thing, there will be something delicious for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birds of a featherfoodieVIPDined on 8/3/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our inaugural visit to the Sea Goose; it was the perfect spot to dine at after meeting new feathered friends at the non profit Born to be Wild Nature Center in nearby Bradford, RI where we were thrilled to se so many injured raptors being rehabilitated.Special Features:
- Great!MaureenDined on 8/1/2014The Sea Goose is a wonderful asset to the Westerly/Charlestown area. The owners. Are well know from the Cooked Goose, and the food and whole experience is wonderful!Special Features:
- First timers and we loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/1/2014Coming from out of the area to eat before Theatre by the Sea and this was a great find. Beth, our server was excellent never rushing us but always seemed to be within ear shot when we needed her and she was busy. We started with chowder and it is right up there with the best we have ever had. Great flavor with lots of clams but not to thick, just the right mix. The whole belly clams were cooked to perfection were sweet and were the size that my wife loves them, small. The grilled chicken Caesar salad was large and the chicken was cooked just right. A house special glass of wine was a great bargain at $8. Every item coming out of the kitchen looked great and we are already looking forward to our next trip into the area, thanks.Special Features:
- Not enough wait staffOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014We dined with a dear friend and she invited her granddaughter and college friend to join us. We were not sure what to expect as previous owners were less than talented. All enjoyed their meal, everyone had a different dish and the seafood was excellent. Very good menu choices, good wine list and interesting specials. The room was crowed as it was a Thursday night in summer season in Westerly. Our waiter was good except he had too many tables to cover and each table had probably 6-8 per table. Needless to say service was slow, the kitchen was slow in producing our meals however when they finally arrived all enjoyed them. I would recommend the food to anyone and hopefully next time we go will be after the summer crowds leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea Goose will not disappoint..saltLiFeDined on 7/25/2014Fresh seafood and excellent service.. We were looking for a restaurant in the area and made a lady minute reservation and were so happy we did.. We will be back as we vacation in RI all summer...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oceanviewoceanviewVIPDined on 7/23/2014We have eaten here before but we were seated in a different area and the acoustics were terrible. The people talking came across as so loud we couldn't even hear our self talkSpecial Features:
- What's good for the Goose.....Larry892VIPDined on 7/21/2014We have been to the Sea Goose on numerous occasions and the service is always excellent and the food very good and consistent. We always enjoy the dining experience and the food is fresh with great local seafood. We will be back. My only issue is that I would like to see some improvement to the exterior to make it as nice as the interior.Special Features:
- Portion sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Very uneven entree sizes. Fish taco was so small that it was skimpy for even an appetizer.
- Great food - but very noisytravelwithcousinsDined on 7/18/2014We've enjoyed dining at the Sea Goose several times and always find the food and service excellent. But when they get busy in the summer, the noise level is very high, making normal conversation difficult.Special Features:
- can't wait to go back!!!!Suz15Dined on 7/10/2014It was our first visit to the Sea Goose and it was fantastic. Staff was great. Chef/ owner Nathan was very much involved in the service and thanked us as we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience poor, food unimaginativehalriDined on 7/10/2014Menu choices were completely standard - prices are high enough to justify more interesting options. The quality of our orders was adequate - no more. Cherry stones with linguini were way to large - well on their way to quahogs, and nearly too tough to chew. Broiled salmon was over-cooked, and the serving size modest to small. Restaurant is located in a mini-mall with a view of small row stores and a highway. Interior is stark and harsh, resulting in noise levels that completely prevented normal conversation. No reason we could see ever to return
- Good Late Nite July 4th DinnerTextilemanDined on 7/4/2014We were new to the area and it was July 4th rain every where, but the Goose did us well. We had a late night dinner as a mater of fact we closed the place at 11PM, not so late for July 4ht. Food was fresh , hot and served with a smile. Nice to have a good fine when you are wet and soggy. Look forward to coming back. DonSpecial Features:
- Lordmandeville88Dined on 6/28/2014The seafood was outstanding and very fresh with very nice presentation. Service was exceptional,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy dinernickDined on 6/28/2014This was the third time we have eaten here. It seems to improve each time. The previous visit we had discussed wines to have with oysters , with the wine expert whose name I can't remember, and this time they had muscadet by the glass which was great both with my oysters and tuna. Only issue is xs noise and music too loud for my taste. One of our favorite local dining spots!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dave Hohmandhohman99VIPDined on 6/27/2014The Sea Goose is an outstanding seafood restaurant, with the freshest of fish and shellfish. Andrew is a master, with NYC credentials, and he sets the bar for excellent food and service. The ambiance is comfortable and friendly with a seaside palette, and open floor plan. When in Westerly, this is the place to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good!Colby75Dined on 6/14/2014This was our first visit; we came after hearing many positive reviews from friends. Overall the food was very good; perhaps not outstanding, but definitely worth future visits. There are so few really good restaurants that are able to survive in the Westerly/Charlestown area that any newcomers are welcomed with open arms. One REALLY big plus for the Sea Goose is they take reservations -- unlike that other raw bar/seafood place further up the road.Special Features:
- Good food, excellent serviceJustmeVIPDined on 6/8/2014Would try again- but different food. Wish there were more types of fish dinners availableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BustOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/8/2014My family and I went here for my birthday dinner last weekend. The woman who greeted us had an attitude. She seated us, and ordered drinks. from the time we sat down, to the time we got our food, was an hour and 15 min. The waitress seemed pretty busy, but after getting our drinks, it was a solid 45 min untill she came back to get our food order.. The food on the menu was pretty pricey, so I had high hopes for the food. But that wasn't the case. Everyone enjoyed the food, but I wasn't blowen away. It was good, but not great. Then, at the end of the meal, i found out that my family had called ahead to have a birthday cake brought out to the table, which never happend. All in all, the prices were too high for the food, and the service suckedSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinner68candlesDined on 6/3/2014My husband and I were celebrating his birthday, and your Sea Goose is perfect for special occasions! Your food and severs made us feel like royalty. Of course, we were there early (5:30) so it wasn't crowded, but your restaurant was filling up by the time we left. My husband was so pleased with his Shrimp Etoufee special. The seasoning tasted so authentic without being overly hot. My grilled salmon was cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth. I liked the butternut squash risotto and spinach, too. Everything on my plate went well together. Your lobster bisque was also very tasty, with a generous amount of lobster. It was a delightful birthday celebration!Special Features:
- Great expieience!Married2aFoodieDined on 5/25/2014We had a party of 8. 4 children 4 adults. We were pleasantly surprised with a round table! Our waiter Michael was amazing! He was very attentive and friendly. Our food was delicious. We had the ninigret oyster special with the wasabi ponzu sauce. INCREDIBLE!!!! We also had the Asian calamari which was SO yummy as well! The chowder was delicious too. My Cobb salad was nothing to write home about, but still good. Kids loved their food and the other adults ejoyed the soft shell crab and salmon as well. (All were in the 'clean plate club'.). ;) We will be visiting the Sea Goose often this summer!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodThejenVIPDined on 5/25/2014Excellent selection of oyster & great seafood. Our first visit here - but a little disappointed on the location. Inside was clean & attractive - just located in the midst of shopping plazaSpecial Features:
- ThanksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014I found this restaurant while reading the Rhode Island Monthly Magazine. Everything was great from the wine to the food. We even met the owner and had a great conversation with him and his staff,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our fifth visit...MikeCDined on 5/24/2014We have had mixed experiences here. This was our fifth visit, not the best nor the worst. We did sit in the lower section by the windows, not the best place to sit for dinner as there isn't really a good view. The service was good. The oysters were amazing. Dinner was ok. Dessert is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!drfisher5Dined on 5/19/2014Great local gem with super service and great seafood! If you're staying in the Watch Hill or Wesley area on vacation add The Sea Goose to your dinner list - you won't regret it!Special Features:
- DissapointedliliDined on 5/14/2014Great Service but the food left our party of five diappointed and they said they would not go back. My mother in law ordered prime rib and although it was a very large cut it was mostly fat, the burger was ordered rare and it was well done, the clams with whole bellys were good. Swordfish was a special and i asked if it was a nice thick slice and was told it was but when it came out is was thin and just not that good. To bad as the restaurant has great character and might be fun for a drink and raw bar but now i won't be able to get my husband back there.Special Features:
- Home Again!BillDined on 5/11/2014Dining at the Sea Goose is like going home. Andrew and Jen make you feel like family. The menu choices are diverse, cocktails plentiful and the wine list worth trying! Love dining there.Special Features:
- vineNdineVIPDined on 5/8/2014Consistently excellent seafood in a relaxed setting.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodFoodiesDined on 5/2/2014I had the fried clams, they were sweet, absolutely delicious, and fried to perfection. I had the clam chowder, again delectable. I opted for the mash potatoes instead of french fries, they were very good, but they were'nt served very hot. The waitress we had that evening could not have been any better, she was very professional, and took care of everything we needed. We plan on coming back for the fish and chips, we've heard they're quite good, and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 127 reviews are from the The Sea Goose Grill & Raw Bar reviews archive.
- First time dining at Sea Goose!TomM222Dined on 4/25/2014Great ambience, exceptional service, awesome seafood! Definitely will return - soon!Special Features: