The Scotch and Vine
22341 Marine View Dr. S.
Des Moines, WA 98198Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Scotch and Vine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.scotchandvine.com/
- Phone: 2065922139x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-10:00pm
Sunday Brunch service 9:00am-1:00pm
Dinner: Fri-Sa 4:00pm-12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Adam G. Spear
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: We have rotating live blues and other world sounds from local Northwest bands. Check our website to see the most recent schedule of artists. We have live music occasionally on Saturdays, as well as some special events. Please inquire within for availability.
A word from The Scotch and Vine
"The Scotch and Vine of Des Moines, WA takes the best of Northwest products and produce and presents them to our guests at the height of flavor with exciting combinations that bring comfort food to a higher level. The Scotch and Vine, true to its namesake, is best known for its selection of over 175 single malt scotches, over 250 whiskeys from around the world, including local favorites, and a regularly updated wine selection available by the glass, bottle, or case. The Scotch and Vine staff and owners pride ourselves in offering uncompromising quality food and beverage in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Scotch and Vine - Best Restaurants in Des Moines ›
The Scotch and Vine reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (26)special occasion (23)romantic (18)vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (11)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- LoveIlovehawaiiDined on 9/14/2014Love this place. Great fun menu. We love to take visitors here due to the fun menu. It's always a hit I want to scream though ... Please someone in management sit and look at round and DUST. Wow. So much dust around the booths sides and curtain areas. We love it there so this is a plea. We never had great service - so fun helpful and friendly - but wow what does it take to get a refill of coffee. We love it but the bad list is starting to out weigh the good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food is a bit on the heavy side - American fare. Staff friendly and attentive.
- nice work dinnerCUGRZDined on 9/9/2014hosted a client for dinner and had excellent service, really good variety of food and we all enjoyed our meal / experience @ Scotch&Vine, will come back and would highly recommend !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieauntiemDined on 8/31/2014This was our second time here and both times exceptional!! It was our friends 25th Anniversary and we got together to celebrate this special event. The other 2 couples, their first time at S&V. They were pleasantly surprised how lovely it was.Special Features:
- One of my favsranedropDined on 8/30/2014Scotch and Vine is fantastic. I have never had a bad meal there and have worked my way through all of the sandwiches and burgers, and most of the meat and pasta entrees. The servers are extremely friendly and willing to make recommendations to scotch aficionados and beginners. Good cocktails, impressive scotch and wine list. I recommend the N'awlins burger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ambience matches foodSiezethedayDined on 8/26/2014On a Tuesday night, had a great time there during Happy Hour. The calamari was light and perfectly cooked. My out of town guest was impressed. Generous portion of Happy Hour Fry Bites was excellent, and the Basil Lemondrop was superb. Don't miss the Gumbo!Special Features:
- YumCathiDined on 8/25/2014The food was delicious and menu had many choices. Decided on a steak which was tender and seasoned to perfection. The cheesecake was to die for. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing specialnancyDined on 8/24/2014food excellent as always, but today service really lacking...and the sad part was they weren't seated to capacity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Scotch ListorangefrappeDined on 8/22/2014They have an excellent Scotch list for having flights to try new and different Scotch's. The food was great as well. The asparagus appetizer was awesome and the pork chop were great. The chocolate mousse silk was to die for.Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014So it was date night and we went to S & V, the wait staff was attentive at first and then seemed to forget about us, the executive did check on us, but, we had to ask for our water to be refilled, our food was delivered bydifferent person, we where informed that they were short staffed, after we asked. The food was good , no complate there. So I would go back but I am hopeful that they improve there service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UNCOMFORTABLE BUT PROMISINGDODGEDined on 8/12/2014AT FIRST GLANCE THIS NARROW RESTAURANT/BAR WAS APPEALING. WE HAD RESERVATIONS EARLY ON A MIDWEEK EVENING. WE WERE SEATED AT A VERY HIGH TABLE NEAR THE BAR. THE HARDWOOD SEATS WERE BACKED BAR STOOLS. IMMEDIATELY UNCOMFORTABLE FOR US (SHORT OLDER WOMEN). THE RESTAURANT SOON FILLED TO CAPACITY AND SEEMED TO OVERWHELM THE SERVERS. OUR MEALS WERE UNEVEN UNFORTUNATELY. THE SEAFOOD PUTTENESCA WAS VERY SPICY; WE DIDN'T FINISH EATING THE MEAL. THERE WAS NOTHING IN THE MENU THAT WARNED US TO HAVE AN ASBESTOS PALATE. THE LAMB BURGER WAS DELICIOUS, BUT REALLY NEEDED TO BE SERVED WITH CONDIMENTS, INSTEAD OF A DRY BUN. THE SALAD THAT ACCOMPANIED THE BURGER WAS FABULOUS. WE FINISHED OUR MEAL WITH A CREAMY SATISFYING NY CHEESECAKE AND RICH COFFEE.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesZanaLuvsFoodDined on 7/30/2014The Scotch and Vine is a wonderful place to enjoy. The atmosphere is warm and the staff are friendly. They work hard to meet your expectations. As far as food goes, there is no where quite like it. Over time and with the different groups of friends I'very dined with, I think I've tasted just about everything on the food menu. My favorites include the Moscow muleto drink, fry bites w/aoli dipping sauce, mini f.o.g. salad, pork osso bucco, and vanilla ice cream w/homemade almond Roca (which was only available once so far). Their Mac and Cheese is quite good as well. Their Happy Hour has many of my favorite choices on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hidden gem!!StephatcakeDined on 7/24/2014Absolutely delicious and a fun place to take out of townersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find not far from Sea-TacwillrunforfoodDined on 7/21/2014Great whiskey list! A couple hundred scotches and bourbons with over a hundred single malts. Food was fresh and fantastic! Cab ride was about $10 (plus tip) from the Sleep Inn at Sea-Tac so would be a little more from the airport area. A great place where you can spend as little or as much as you want. Great appetizer menu. Prime steaks. Knowledgeable staff! We were there on a Monday so it might be louder during the week but it was not loud on a Monday.Special Features:
- Not a good nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014This was our favorite place, raved about it to friends and finally took two couples and it was slow service good not up to par just not what we were used to . May not go back for a while
- nice placeearlyowlDined on 7/11/2014Found this on Groupon and with the discount it was worth it. Definitely order the pork (Osco busco) as my mom really enjoyed that. I ordered the new York steak, as their Rib eye (my favorite cut) can only be cooked to just medium/medium rare at the most because it is so big. Wish they sold a smaller size! The New York was okay... a little salty. If I go again.. I will try the pork chop. I could see this as a pretty cool place to go early on a Friday evening (5ish) for whiskey and appetizers for sure!!! Great feel in the pub style bar. It does fill up quick and it is not a large space ..... just be aware that as it does.... the wait service will take a bit. No biggie -just common sense and be patient.Special Features:
- Diamond in Des MoinesdwestDined on 7/7/2014What a find. A friend and fellow Scotch whisky fan referred me here, and I have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is low key and "pubby," with a sidewalk front wall that opens on warm days. They have a respectable wine list and the scotch selection is crazy (250 labels). The food is excellent and the presentation very well done. The staff is knowledgeable about the food, wine and scotch and the service is excellent. Wine and scotch flights are generous and let you sample lots of great drinks. Live jazz on some nights is a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Vine is Fine!Blackirish1Dined on 7/1/2014Spent beautiful early evening at outside table where our Golden was spoiled rotten by the staff and we received the usual top notch food for which they are well noted! From Osso Bucco to Mac&Prawns to an Andouille burger...we always leave satisfied. And that does not even mention the breadth of liquor choices served by a bartender who is a pro...who really listensSpecial Features:
- MarshaDined on 6/30/2014We were there for an early dinner so it was very quiet. The bartender was also the waiter, but he did an amazing job. He recommended wines and beers and gave a taste before we decided. The food was fantastic....not your run of the mill food. The fingerling potatos are wonderful and nothing you would get elsewhere. The meat was cooked to perfection and the flavor was great. We had tiramisu for dessert and that finished the meal off perfectly. I would highly recommend it for an early evening dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BabsBabsDined on 6/26/2014Enjoyed wine tasting. Specials were excellent. Good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diverse menupicklecartDined on 6/25/2014Dinner was nice, however they needed a bit more wait staff, and they forgot to wish a happy birthday, which was whole reason we were there. Overall good.Special Features:
- Puts the yum in diningTCandSGDined on 6/22/2014This was probably my fifth time there,again great food.Had the gnocchi and the great strawberry salad.Was wonderful.My friend had the smoked chicken on chocolate pasta with sage and butter..also was very unique and tasty.The only complaint..a stingy pour of wine.I doubt it was even 4 ounces for $11.00 of the Malbec .Maybe this will enspire them to hold that bottle over the glass a little longer😳😳Special Features:
- Special placelparentDined on 6/21/2014The service and food was excellent. The cost is a bit high for food and drink, but it has a extensive selection of drinks and really good food. Our group will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- S&VOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2014Great selection of scotches, very nice service to go with the varied and interesting menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scotch&Wine (not a typo)Boys2IpanemaDined on 6/18/2014Good stuff for the $$$ bring lots (of$$$) Good stuff for the $$$ bring lots (of$$$) Good stuff for the $$$ bring lots (of$$$)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hdden gemCJCRDined on 6/16/2014We are regulars at Scotch and Vine. Chef Adam Spear is an up and coming star. Good wine list, great happy hour, excellent burgers and salads, and a nice cheese list. Very sophisticated entrees if you are here for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice interior but food okmunabiaDined on 6/15/2014Great decorations but food was just ok n cold. It was a little too expensive for that experience.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/6/2014The food was amazing, service fantastic, and such a warm atmosphere! We will be going back SOON!Special Features:
- Table #6 @6PMmsdebe2000Dined on 6/4/2014It we so easy to reserve on line our favorite table. I got an immediate notification that table #6 was reserved! The staff were all wonderful and fussed over my honey on his birthday! Chef Adam came out to give him a birthday wish!" Sims" was jolly on the spot with our Ms Deb! martinis on our arrival. The food was PERFECT! Honey said it was his best birthday ever! Thank you S & V!Special Features:
- Jazztpt1Dined on 5/31/2014This was our second trip to Scotch and Vine, both precipitated by a Groupon. The food is consitently good, but we found the service to be a little off on this visit. Nothing terrible, just a forgotten salad that was quickly taken care of, and some very late arriving bread that was requested with a pasta dish. Prices seem reasonable until you start stacking up price of the salad with the entree and all else. We may well go back, but it will be with Groupon in hand.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent experienceoldWiseDonkeyDined on 5/30/2014After getting turned away a few weeks ago due to lack of a reservation (Really? In Des Moines?) we went back with a reservation in hand and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. Extensive wine list with a dining room wine "cellar" so you can find what strikes your fancy. We had the hummus appetizer with fresh potato chips which was excellent. For a Main dish I had the recommended Osso Bucco which didn't disappoint in portion or taste. Wife add the Pesto Prawns which had was tasty but could have used an addition prawn or 2 (dish included 4 prawns). Service was superior. Staff were pros and not what you would typically find in So. King Co. BTW found this place using a Groupon which was gladly accepted using the mobile app.Special Features:
- The following 177 reviews are from the The Scotch and Vine reviews archive.
- Eclectic food itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2014Enjoy our evening. Was bustling but service was still great, friendly and accomodating. Excellent choice of scotch's love the flights where I can try different regions with just a taste and not have to get a full glass. Food portions are right sized and delicious. My boyfriends sirloin was 2 inch's thick and melted in his mouth. My scallops were fresh and tendor. Love this place.Special Features:
- What a great surpriseBrianVIPDined on 5/15/2014Amazing bar and wine list, great food, really cool atmosphere. Totally surprised me for Des Moines. They have something like 300 single-malt scotches on hand. And check out the Thursday $10 wine tasting flight--a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers day coupon?AverJoePatron1Dined on 5/11/2014Awesome food, reasonable prices. Getting our bill took a very long time with only a few other patrons present. The bill had to be re ran several times due to a mothers day discount (for moms) that was mentioned on Open Table when booking the reservation. The bill was never discounted correctly and the establishment was not aware of the offer. In fact they seemed very put-out by our mention of the special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience!Dining4FunDined on 5/10/2014We had never been to the Scotch & Vine so thought we'd give it a try with some friends who had been there awhile ago. We were amazed at the quality and presentation of our dinners. My husband had steak and I had the pork chop. Both were excellent. Our server was outstanding making the entire dining experience very pleasant. We will recommend the Scotch & Vine to all our friends and will be sure to visit again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousAnneVIPDined on 5/3/2014Once again, we enjoyed a delicious dinner at Scotch & Vine. The calamari appetizer was delicious. The Caesar salad was fabulous - very light dressing and the burger that my husband had was amazing. We can't wait to return again.Special Features:
- Never DissapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/3/2014As usual....I can always count on delicious food, great service.Special Features:
- Great find!MacNightOutDined on 4/26/2014So glad we stumbled onto this great restaurant! The food is delicious and the ambience is perfect for a couple or small group of great friends. We will be keeping Scitch and Vine on our list if regular visits. Great happy hour menu as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014I truly love the Scotch. I've been here a several times and twice with a Groupon. The Au Gratin potatoes are by far my favorite thing here paired with the tasty Wild Sirloin. They are ridiculously good! Cheesy and flavorful. Their veggies are always fresh and prepared perfectly. Great cocktail options and plenty of Scotch if you're into it. This place is definitely a bit more pricey but it's truly worth it. Quality food, service and drinks and a great little space with awesome décor. Don't forget to catch a glimpse of the beautiful Des Moines Marina on your way out or in. It's definitely a must try for all! You will find yourself coming back :)Special Features:
- Great menu and food but slow servicxsspdVIPDined on 4/14/2014Ordered cheese curds and pork chop. Food exceeded my expectations but service was very slow. Fortunately I wasn't it any rush.I would recommend this to a friend.