The Schooner Restaurant
435 Woodcleft Ave.
Freeport, NY 11520Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Schooner Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theschooner.com/
- Phone: (516) 378-7575
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wine
- Special Events: Please check out our website for updates on upcoming events!
A word from The Schooner Restaurant
Enjoy the comfort of dining inside or out on our spacious waterfront patio. Lobster, seafood, salads and more...Our new menu features an innovative blend of appetizers, delicious entrees and exciting desserts as well as our traditional seafood favorites. Relax and unwind with cocktails and samplings from the bar menu at our new patio bar and lounge. Enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Schooner Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- dont miss itPhilDined on 10/26/2012I had a wonderful time. My wife and I sat by the window and the view was beautiful. The food was great and cooked to perfection. I nothing bad to say for it was great, The staff was friendly and attentative, The place was quite and well lit, Dont miss it.Special Features:
- Food is always great. SeemsLucyDined on 10/11/2012Food is always great. Seems to be a problem with a moldy smell in the entrance foyer.Special Features:
- Not Great but not bad. NotliargDined on 9/22/2012Not Great but not bad. Not much of a seafood restaurant which is what is supposed to be. Probably a good hangout in the summer months.Special Features:
- Have not been there for manyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012Have not been there for many years. An unexpected good experience. During the earlier part of the evening the noise level was fine. However, during the latter part when the entertainment started, the noise level was terrible. This might prevent us from returningSpecial Features:
- Service was good. HoweverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2012Service was good. However the food was just okay for the price charged. The Alaskan King crab legs dinner had a rather small portion for the price charged: $39 for what amounted to about one and half crab legs. I would pick a different place next time.Special Features:
- still missing a little somethingKillerqueenVIPDined on 9/3/2012the menu had greatly changed...for the better- food was pretty good, but not quite great; the entire place has been painted white (except for the ceiling...(?))...the restaurant is trying to keep up with the other swanky restaurants in the area but I'm not sure it's quite hit the mark-it's still missing a little something. All in all, it's a definite improvement from the tired grandma atmosphere of yesterday.Special Features:
- We like it here for the view63panyDined on 9/1/2012We like it here for the view - lovely waterview in Freeport, Long Island. The food is ok - worth it for a pleasant and enjoyable afternoon in a gorgeous setting.Special Features:
- My friend and I had a 7:30OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/29/2012My friend and I had a 7:30 reservation. The place was relatively empty and we were seated promptly. Our service was good, however the food left something to be desired. We both ordered steak dishes, and felt as though they were extremely under seasoned. The mashed potatoes were good, however both my broccoli rabe and his broccoli were bland. Although the view was nice (we were seated outside, on the water), the food was not enjoyable, particularly at its high price.Special Features:
- Vegetables overcooked.dessertLeaozinhoDined on 8/19/2012Vegetables overcooked.dessert special was not special.
- DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2012I went to The schooner for my birthday party Friday night with four of my friends.I haven't been there since 2006 so I was very delighted to see that they updated there restaurant.There was a outdoor eating area and a dance area.we arrived and everything was good we ordered drinks.And because one of our guest was late four of us went headed and ordered our food.Three of us received our food and my sister was still waiting for her food.Our other guest arrived 30 min late and she received her food before my sister.My sister called the waiter over so she could inquire about her food.She was told not to make a (Big Stink about it)don't tell the manager he would give her a free ice cream.The hostess then came and said she couldn't do anything.Special Features:
- When I first walked in thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012When I first walked in there was a smell of fish I know it's a seafood restaurant but it was appealing to me, I ordered the salmon on a wooden plank and it was uncooked and smelled like it to what wooden plank was it on.
- disappointedElsewhereVIPDined on 7/28/2012We were so impressed the last time we went that we dined again the next week. I had lobster again but it wasn't as good nor were the baked clams . They were dry and crusty as if they were reheated too often.Special Features:
- Felt rushed, possibly becauseOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2012Felt rushed, possibly because we had a late reservation ( 8pm) . Much of the staff standing around waiting for us to finish.
- We were so pleased we areElsewhereVIPDined on 7/21/2012We were so pleased we are going again with other people this comming weekend.Special Features:
- The food was good but notLynn429VIPDined on 7/20/2012The food was good but not great, a little pricey, and considering how empty the restaurant was the service wasn't wonderful either!
- Went there for me and my girlfriendOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012Went there for me and my girlfriends anniversary and the service, food, view was all great. Overall great place 5 star.Special Features:
- Schooners has a great vibeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/13/2012Schooners has a great vibe & beautiful view from their outdoor seating area. Everyone loved their food - I had the yellow fin tuna steak which was delicious. Two people at my table got steak (one strip steak & one filet mignon) and they both had big portions. In fact, all of our appetizers and meals were well portioned. The only thing that I did not 100% love were the crab cakes, but I am a huge fan of crab cakes so I can be a little picky. The service was pretty good too. After we got seated, we didn't hear from our server for approximately 10 minutes and we had to ask someone where she was, so that was a little annoying. However, she was very friendly and attentive the rest of the meal and we had no other problems. Perfect for date night.Special Features:
- I would not return. My entireOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2012I would not return. My entire crowd was unhappy with the last visit.
- Food was horrible!!! BakedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2012Food was horrible!!! Baked clams were dry. Hamburger was over cooked, roll was hard. Coconut shrimp were burnt. Service was not good. I have been there before and it was good. This was a big disappointment!!!!! Prices were high for the quality of food served and portions.Special Features:
- Schooner was recently refurbished.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/6/2012Schooner was recently refurbished. This was our first time back after renovating. The new menu is great & reasonably priced for the quality & quantity of the food. We had Tso's calamari to start & it was delicious. Not too spicy, not at all greasy. A perfect way to start a meal. My son had the lobster & he said it was perfectly steamed. My husband had the surf & turf which was on the expensive side, but he said it was cooked to his liking and both the filet & lobster tail were a very nice size for the price. I had the broiled seafood platter & even though I prefer the bay scallops, the sea scallops were very good. For dessert my son had the chocolate molten cake & we shared a huge ice cream sundae. We all left with smiles on our face!Special Features:
- Love this place.LucyDined on 6/25/2012We have friends who live in Puerto Rico. They visit twice a year and we always go to the Schooner for dinner. Even though they live near the sea, the seafood at Schooner is always superior and the service superb. Of course it helps that we go on a weeknight.Special Features:
- Seated very quickly, drinkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Seated very quickly, drink order taken, plenty of time to decide what to order....new menu...attentive bus boys, quick to clear dishes..good food but expensive. Overall good experience.Special Features: