1408 N Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60622Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.savoychicago.com/
- Phone: 7736986925
- Hours of Operation:
Weekend Brunch: Friday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00am, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00am
Late Night: Sunday-Thursday: 10:00pm - Midnight, Friday, Saturday: 11:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brian Greene
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: We provide catering options for small and large scale events. For inquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from The Savoy
The Savoy brings a globally inspired seafood concept to Wicker Park in a cozy yet chic nautical themed space. The menu ranges from raw bar items such as East and West coast oysters to Alaskan snow crab. Coconut red curry mussels and a crab cake with smoked jalapeno sour cream serve as exotic beginnings. A variety of inventive fish dishes await you as entrees. Pork belly, Berkshire pork chop and a bone-in ribeye are offerings from the prairie. The Savoy also offers an unparalleled beverage program that ranges from a vintage cocktail list inspired by pre-prohibition era cocktails as well as modern selections, an eclectic wine and beer list and a wealth of alluring absinthe and spirits. The space itself is built for destination place guests. The restaurant opens into a wood laden raw bar then eases into a main dining space that gives way to a bar that glows with the warmth of soft Edison lighting. And if that's not enough, a low lit lounge awaits you in the darker recesses of The Savoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Savoy reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (7)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- GoodbyejodiVIPDined on 7/27/2014It hurts my heart that The Savoy could not make it, and the people never caught on to how great they were. This was their closing day, and you better believe that I was there - for hours! Lots of great meals and memories - Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok place, bland food, slow serviceChicagoGirlDined on 7/19/2014I was so disappointed with this place. The service was extremely slow, there was a party and I think that was the reason for the service but it wasn't only that. It was nice of them to send some complimentary potato skins. Also the food was not impressive. My boyfriend had scallops, those were delicious. I had fish but that was bland. I am not going back to this place.Special Features:
- Not for me2timeoffenderDined on 7/19/2014Cute neighborhood spot, but I was highly not impressed with my under cooked salmon. I sent it back to be cooked more and it wasn't. The vegetables that came with it were great though. We also ordered a raspberry martini and received something totally, but it did taste good. Nice place to have a private party and have eclectic drinks.
- Girl's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014The food was a bit pricey and small portions. The flavors were ok. I think I expected a really amazing dish. The oysters could have been fresher.Special Features:
- Great dinnergtfitzDined on 6/21/2014Ended up booking a late reservation last minute, showed up early, found 3 seats at the bar and just ate there. The food was excellent, service quick. Overall great Wicker Park recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 222 reviews are from the The Savoy reviews archive.
- Great food, but...notafoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014We came here for brunch. The menu had a nice variety of items, and everyone's food was fantastic. However, the food took a while to come out, and several of our dishes were cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very high qualityRdg82Dined on 6/7/2014We found the food was top notch. Also the waiter knew his stuff and knew everything about their drink selection, wines, specialty cocktails, and also knew the intricacies of how each dish was prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SavoyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The ambiance was lovely, but the service was lacking. The wait staff seemed overrun, inexperienced and were simply underwhelming.Special Features:
- Trendy place with amazing food!QueenOfStaffiningVIPDined on 6/2/2014Hands down great value, perfectly prepared, well presented dishes in a trendy atmosphere with a very passionate about food and wine wait staff. Yes, Paco was a gem and certainly made this a real foodie experience :)We started with freshest delicious oysters, their mignonette sauce had a pinch of finally chopped chilies, and it gave it a little special kick (perfect!). Then they brought out red snapper ceviche which was super fresh and had some unusual for ceviche complexity (I was impressed) Lamb was outstanding inner ribs were falling of the bone crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside... fava beans and sour cherry made a perfect side for this dish... Amazing!!!Special Features:
- fabulous!MaryDined on 5/25/2014Great ambience, great cocktail selection, wonderful art on the walls, great service, fun and knowledgeable staff, wonderful food..what's not to like!!!!Special Features:
- Friday BrunchcdgchgoVIPDined on 5/23/2014We went for my husband's Birthday Brunch using a Gilt City deal. Ricky D gave very good service and accommodated all of our special requests. The decor and ambience are very nice: contemporary with nice background music and comfortable booth seating in the middle room. We enjoyed our brunch consisting of the Mimosa Special of the day, and shared entrees, seasonal vegetable medley, followed by shared rhubarb and strawberry tart (excellent crust, needed more rhubarb and strawberry pieces and flavor) and chocolate dessert (more milk chocolate flavor than dark chocolate). The Brussels sprouts salad with shrimp added was a bit dry but that trait was easily remedied with a bit of added fresh lemon juice. 11am reservation to get parking-NO VALET!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely PlaceChicagoKidDined on 5/21/2014Nice place. Nice people. Went for a date and we liked it a lot. Service was nice. Only recommendation is regarding dessert - Kiwi and coffee are a bad combination.Special Features:
- Awesomefoodie2014Dined on 5/18/2014I enjoyed the entire experience. From the hostess to the wait staff, and of course the food, everything was awesome. I went for brunch because I purchased a groupon. Now that I have found this gem, I will return. I loved the sherbert mimosa!Special Features:
- DisappointedDraco1Dined on 5/18/2014Not so good, waitress was not very helpful, seemed to want to get out of there. We're their for brunch and they don't even have Tabasco to spice up the bloody Mary's! Food was fair at best, I had an omelette that was over cooked and could not taste the cheese that was supposed to be part of the dish, my wife had to send her dish back because the egg on the dish was so well done, the white was visibly burnt , overall not a good experience
- Good seafoodPickyVIPDined on 5/17/2014The brussel sprout kale salad was really good! The salmon was good and a good deal for the lighter fare. My husband got a regular dish of swordfish and he was quite disappointed with the portion size( nearly half as small as my salmon)! I would go back, all in all, it was good!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service could use workNLS60614VIPDined on 5/16/2014We love The Savoy and have had a great experience with the food in small, intimate settings as well as group dining. Unfortunately they seem to either be terribly short staffed or just terribly staffed. I hope that is not a sign of the business struggling as it is well worth any kinks they are working through on their serving team.Special Features:
- Could have been a Great DinnerKABPDined on 5/10/2014We showed up at 7:15p to a pretty empty restaurant & were told to order right away as a large group would be coming. Waiter was friendly & said each course would come out slowly. Apps came out within 5 minutes of ordering, followed by dinner within 15. Food & drinks were pretty good but we were more overwhelmed with how much they wanted to move our table over, even though the place was half empty. Our waiter was very efficient, though he was covering the entire back of the place. We overheard him taking two tables' orders at once, which definitely made them uncomfortable. The large group hadn't even arrived when we left the restaurant & we were home before 8:30. We were optimistic going in but definitely were disappointed overall.
- When in the mood for seafoodbms1VIPDined on 5/9/2014Oysters, Crab Cake, and a delicious selection of fish & seafood dishes. Highly recommend the swordfishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date SpotsprsprtyDined on 5/2/2014My girlfriend and I went here for date night and had a great time. The cocktail and wine list is great, with plenty of fun and unique options. All of the food was great, but a special callout to the Burrata with Roasted vegetable salad. The Burrata was super fresh and creamy and the vegetables were cooked perfectly. We stuck with the Raw bar (great oysters at a good price) and appetizers and managed to keep it reasonable at about $75/pp including tip with 2 drinks each. We'd definitely go back and I look forward to trying their entrees next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic find in Wicker Park!GandJDined on 4/28/2014Been here five times (3 times for brunch and twice for dinner). Consistently great food and a great experience! Highly recommend checking it out at any time of the day!Special Features:
- A must try!ChiTownFoodieDined on 4/27/2014The Savoy was fantastic for brunch. I had been there for dinner in the past, but this was my first experience with their brunch. I highly recommend their pork shoulder tostada, which pairs nicely with their chipotle bloody mary. Delicious!! One of my favorite bloody marys in the city! The service was a little on the slow end, but the staff was very attentive and friendly. Definitely a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious brunch, lacking serviceNadineYVIPDined on 4/27/2014We had a very enjoyable brunch on a Sunday around 11:30 a.m. The shrimp po'boy was good, not great. The pork shoulder tostada was out of this world--great flavor, ingredients, and huge. Everyone was very friendly, though service was slow--they said they were short-staffed that day, and you could really tell. Didn't get our coffee until halfway through the meal. We had a reservation but had to wait about 15 minutes at the bar--not bad since we had mimosas, but surprising since we had a reservation and there were open tables. The reason they gave for the wait was being short on staff. However, we saw staff all around, so this was odd. We would go back to try other dishes.Special Features:
- Underrate seafood spotAmberVIPDined on 4/26/2014Really enjoyed the flavors and food here – and the restaurant looks much nicer on the inside than outside might lead you to believe. The back room is dark, intimate and quite romantic, with plush booths. I recommend the broccoli panzanella salad, grilled white asparagus and pan seared swordfish especially. Our waitress was great too - any questions we had that she didn't know the answer to, she was happy to find out. I'm not into absinthe, but they have a great collection and some very interesting cocktails using the spirit.Special Features:
- Could have been really specialbsmallsDined on 4/21/2014I wanted to take my boyfriend out for a nice birthday dinner and I was far from impressed. We walked in and the place was beautiful.We were seated and then we were told by the hostess, our waitress would be over. We waited a bit and then after a while the hostess came over and took our order. Then the waitress came over and didn't know that we ordered. The place isn't that big. We asked suggestions on food and drinks from the hostess and the waitress/bartender and weren't really given any good leads. Service was slow and no was particularly friendly except the cooks. I ordered the ahi tuna and it was very good, the steak was good but it was a bit overcooked. The food was decent but I don't think the customer service will bring me back.Special Features:
- Tasty treatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/21/2014The menu was so enticing that my friend and I simply could not decide what to order and ended up sharing multiple plates. Everything was tasty and we were definitely satisfied by the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NighthalleywDined on 4/19/2014Came here with my boyfriend who was in from New York. We had a hard time deciding what to eat, which is always a good problem to have. We wound up getting the Crudo, Ceviche, Beet and Goat Cheese Salad, Brussel Sprouts and Black Cod w/ Spaghetti Squash Carbonara. Everything was tasty and enjoyable. The food came out at a nice pace. The restaurant had a very nice ambiance and was kind of quiet so I could actually hear my boyfriend. Our waitress wasn't the best and the bus boy seemed to have no clue what was going on. He tried to take our plates while there was still a decent amount left and we were clearly still eating. Great, interesting cocktails and a good beer list too. Would certainly come back in the future.Special Features:
- V NiceRebeccaFDined on 4/4/2014Enjoyed a delicious seafood dinner here. Service was friendly and attentive. Totally recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Bloody Mary with oysterMariDined on 3/30/2014The Bloody Mary with oyster was Fantastic! & crawfish Benedict was amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a Disappointment...Travelgirl27VIPDined on 3/30/2014I had bought a Groupon for brunch for 2 since this place had good reviews and is in my neighborhood. The decor is nice, the people were friendly, the food however left a lot to be desired. I did get a bloody mary that was good, but for the actual food it was a different story. I ordered the Crawfish Benedict and my husband ordered the Breakfast Wrap and we got a side of bacon. The Crawfish Benedict, I could not even eat it was so horrid tasting and the bacon was thick and not crispy...more like rubber, which I just cannot do. My husbands wrap was ok, but really lacked any flavor and on top of it, they didn't even have salt and pepper on the table and with the lack of spices, that would have helped a bit. Needless to sy, we will not be back.
- Not good....KhillVIPDined on 3/30/2014We had brunch at the Savoy on Sunday and could not believe how fast it went downhill since our last visit. I had the new shrimp po boy, which was terrible - soft bread, soggy and not at all a po boy.. But, the worst part of our meal was our server!!! It was the worst service any of us have had in years! It took her over 30 min to bring our drinks.. We were seated in the bar area - so, we just saw them there waiting for us.. We kept trying trying to get her to notice.. That didn't work. Then she only brought part of food order - she never came back - we had to get another server to bring out the rest of the order, 15 min later! It was a very strange..
- Keeps Getting BetterNoNameNoSloganVIPDined on 3/29/2014Once again, The Savoy was wonderful. It may be because of the company I had this particular evening, but it was the best experience yet. The ambiance of the back room was delightful. As usual, the crabcake, thick and mostly crab instead of breading, was superb, as well as the scallop. The star though, other than my date, was the Black Cod; light and flaky, but still hearty with the poached egg and spaghetti squash. The ahi tuna entree was generous and was seared almost perfectly (maybe a tad to much on one side on the edges), seasoned well on sitting on top of a grain salad (farro) and a slight base of gezpacho verde. Service was attentive as usual, although the hostess somehow didn't mark me down for arriving for my reservation.Special Features:
- Can't believe I haven't beenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/28/2014Can't believe I haven't been here sooner - incredible food, served late on the weekends, and a drink menu that invites exploration alongside outstanding service. Looking forward to coming back.Special Features:
- Great, tasty portions!KtownDined on 3/17/2014We had quite a few dishes split between three people and all of them were awesome. The ahi was a smaller portion than the steak and pork chop ordered, but it was incredibly tender and flavorful. The pork chop was massive and tasty. The steak had bleu cheese fluff that was really fun! We also all enjoyed the powerful punch of the Death in the Afternoon cocktail. My partner and I are from out of town, but the friend we were visiting can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seems to be a hot spot forRRH33Dined on 3/16/2014Seems to be a hot spot for 20's-something and locals for brunch. Loud background noise. Food is ok, but limited brunch menu. Interesting experience, but don't need to return.Special Features:
- The food was delicious - weOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/15/2014The food was delicious - we were mmmm'ing the whole way through out meal. My salad nicoise was delicious and the crawfish benedict was unbelievable. The service was also very good. The only minor issue we had was that my salad came without green beans (an essential ingredient of a nicoise salad) and no one mentioned it or asked if I wanted a substitute. Only when I asked was I told that they were out of green beans. But, when I asked for a substitute, they were more than happy to accommodate with asparagus, which were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great foodMarcVIPDined on 3/8/2014We went for our second time this past weekend. Both times, the food was fantastic. Great fish with nice flavors to complement the food. And the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spotJay1039Dined on 2/23/2014Nice and cozy brunch spot Good selection of delicious brunch items - more savory than sweet Will recommend the crawfish Benedict French toast Parking was a pain on the busy Milwaukee street on Sunday noon but food made up for it Wait staff was helpful and props to the manager/server who waxed Eloquent about a stuffed French toast item on the menu Do it already !! Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedSuperbVIPDined on 2/22/2014I was surprised by the online reviews on Yelp and elsewhere as well as the fancy website. Unfortunately the food was a major disappointment for the prices they charge. We ordered several appetizers, fish and chicken dishes. My fish (black cod), was barely 3 ounces, tasteless, and was put on top of some noodles floating on watery cream sauce. It killed my appetite. The full size of salad of kale, cauliflower BURRATA & CRISPY VEGETABLES, was awful with no taste whatsoever served in a small appetizer plate. My friend's chicken dish ROASTED POUSSIN was so overcooked that it wasn't roasted anymore. I do not recommend this restaurant. Overrated and bad food!
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014Came for brunch- great food, drinks and service was excellent! Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchKristieDined on 2/22/2014Great for brunch. Huge portions and wonderful service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.