The Saucy Italian Bistro
2912 Juan Tabo Blvd., NE
Albuquerque, NM 87112Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
The Saucy Italian Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thesaucyitalian.com/
- Phone: 5052942990
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Daily: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30p to 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30p -10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Greek
- Executive Chef: Maria Constantine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering is something we love to offer at The Saucy Italian Bistro we bring the wonderful cuisine and expertise in catering to you. In addition to our Italian venue we can offer any type of cuisine for your special event.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private room for dining. Our private room holds up to 45 guests. A great room for meetings, special occasions or family gatherings.
- Private Party Contact: Maria Constantine 5052942990
- Entertainment: The Saucy Italian Bistro presents live entertainment four nights a week Wednesday through Saturday starting at 6:30pm. Enjoy the sounds of Sid Fendly at the piano. Thursday night enjoy Guitar Melodies with Dan Harman. We are excited to present once a month our Event Night and Music under the stars.
A word from The Saucy Italian Bistro
The Saucy Italian Bistro is Albuquerque's newest Northern Italian restaurant, exhibiting authentic recipes that illustrate longstanding traditional tastes. At the Saucy Italian Bistro, we grew up around food and family. We are very proud to be a family owned and operated business. Pioneered by culinary connoisseur, former owner and creator of Mykonos Café & Taverna, Maria Constantine brings her extensive restaurant expertise to The Saucy Italian Bistro. With the immense success and longevity of the Greek cuisine and overall operations at Mykonos, Maria and her family are now revealing their longstanding love for Northern Italian Cuisine. The first area of restaurant cooking introduced to Maria's family was actually Italian cuisine. Much like the Grecian culinary traditions, Northern Italian cuisine is known to preserve and beckon the time honored joys of food and celebration, best experienced with friends and family. We prepare our food as we would for our extended family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Saucy Italian Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)romantic (5)special occasion (4)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Great food and serviceShawnDined on 9/17/2014The food was amazing the hostess the waiter pretty much everyone their was amazingly courteous and friendly. This was probably one of the best italian dining experiences i have hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, ambiance short wine listOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 8/13/2014Excellent neighborhood restaurant for a wonderful, traditional Italian / Mediterranean meal, with a couple of unusual wines that are worth a try from the short wine list. The Amarone was a real treat! Loved the live music--didn't catch the band name, a couple of young guys who played mellow, contemporary music (think Jack Johnson, John Mayer hits) in a low-key, unobtrusive way so you could still hold a conversation over dinner. Talented duo. Food was excellent and came in large portions (stuffed eggplant special and ravioli in vodka sauce). Service was impeccable. My only complaint is that the restaurant doesn't offer OpenTable points even though I made my reservation on OpenTable.com. What gives?Special Features:
- Attentive serviceWatchdogDined on 8/7/2014Tasty food, interesting bar seating, outstanding service with great attention to detail. Relaxing live music. Great value, great spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful date spotrjander77Dined on 7/18/2014Loved this place! Everyone was friendly. Food was delicious. Not crowded, even on a Friday night. Live piano music was fun, but not distracting. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Go BackGoodfoodjunkieDined on 6/20/2014I am very Happy that there is such a Wonderful Place in the Heights.....All of us were extremely over joyed with our entree. I love calamari, it was very good yet the portion was small for the price. I also would have like another sauce to dip it in. You will not be disappointed I promos.Special Features:
- The following 13 reviews are from the The Saucy Italian Bistro reviews archive.
- The Saucy Italian BistrodaisyluvDined on 5/16/2014The host and the waiter were mature and professional. The menu offered a nice variety of northern Italian food. The prices were reasonable. The food was good..lots of garlic. The bread was OK. The desserts looked delicious but we were too full. Over all a great experience and I will be returning and have already recomended the restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saucy but not spiceyGoodFoodLoverDined on 5/10/2014There are much better Italian restaurants in Albuquerque (Trombinos and Paisano's immediately come to mind). The bread that was served prior to our meals was stale. The food was rather bland--please don't skimp on spices! The service was really spotty. At one time I glanced out in the parking lot and there was our waiter. The cheesecake tasted store-bought -- nothing special. I did have a taste of my son's flourless chocolate cake and it tasted good. Someone ought to train the wait staff not to reach across one diner to serve another a plate of food. Go around to the other side of the table--there was plenty of room.
- Careful attention to detailMynicknameVIPDined on 4/12/2014The owners seem to take great pride in this restaurant. Food was very good and the gluten free options were plentiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitNMtravelersvelersVIPDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I travel to Italy annually and are always looking for Italian food in Albuquerque. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- 1st impressionmaybegobackDined on 3/15/2014Three of us dining, two of us had to send our salmon entres back to be cooked more. Mine was raw; hers just underdone. It put a pallor on the experience for me, but the other two were enthusiastic about returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saucy Italian first time for usDougDined on 3/8/2014We were told to try Saucy Italian and we did. Really enjoyed the wait staff and the food was very good. I was a little uncomfortable with the lighting. It was as bright as a cafeteria and when I asked about this they did turn the lights down a bit, but it was after 8PM and still too bright for a quiet or cozy experience. We may come back but with so many nice choices, it may be awhile.Special Features:
- Valentines weekendGeoBatzDined on 2/16/2014Good Italian is hard to come by in Albuquerque, but we took a chance on the Saucy Italian Bistro, and I'm glad we did! We enjoyed our Sunday afternoon there very much. The Veal Milinese with Fettucini Alfredo was very tasty. The wife had the lasagna and my daughter had ravioli in a vodka sauce with pancetta bits. Delicious! All the while, peaceful piano playing (the pianist takes requests) and a wonderful singer added to the ambiance. Desserts were very good also. We had cannoli, cheese cake, and a flourless chocolate torte that I have got to figure out how to make at home! We will revisit in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itChelleDined on 2/14/2014It was Valentine's Day, and a very special occasion. We chose your restaurant because we wanted something romantic and something with music and good food. The food was not satisfactory when we complained about it the waiter didn't do anything to fix the problem.The music was great, and so was the atmosphere. I would not recommend the food to anyone I'm not sure we would go back there again. My date only are two bites of the food. When we told our server she said, I'm sorry but didn't do anything about it. I also tasted the lasagne and it didn't taste good.
- Great ExperienceNorthWestDined on 2/14/2014Really enjoyed dinner at the Saucy Italian Bistro. Our meals were really superb, great service, great atmosphere. an overall great experience at this gem. Highly recommended.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodRichardDined on 2/14/2014Our experience was OK. The food was OK. The atmosphere was not. We were at a table for two between a table for four and a table for two. The people at the other two tables could hear everything we said. We kept it very generic as far as our conversation. A booth would have been better. It was suppose to be a romantic night out with my wife for Valentines Day. I would eat there again if we were nearby but I wouldn't go out of my way to get there. It was uncomfortable sitting that close to strangers. The place just was not cozy. Everyone was polite and the waiter was OK, it was just OK though. The food was OK.Special Features:
- Saucy ItalianPlikes2eatVIPDined on 2/13/2014Gave this restaurant a second try and was pleasantly surprised. Nice food nice service nice evening !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SorryChickieDined on 2/6/2014I've never had ravioli so spicy hot; the bread (focacia) was bland and I didn't like the Italian salad dressing. Sorry
- Great FindLuvgoodfoodDined on 1/31/2014We ate here after a friend recommended it, and we were not at all disappointed! I made a reservation online on a Friday night about an hour ahead of time and we were accommodated. The facility has had several names over the past several years but this time I think it has struck gold! The food was awesome, and the ambiance was really nice with the mellow piano music. Service was excellent. We will most definitely be eating here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.