The Salt Creek Steakhouse
110 E Lincoln Ave
Breckenridge, CO 80424Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Salt Creek Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.saltcreekbreck.com/
- Phone: 970-453-4949
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 8:00am - 12:00pm, Sunday: 8:00am - 1:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Matthew Weidner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For information regarding private parties please contact us.
- Private Party Contact: Anthony 9704534949
- Entertainment: Come upstairs after your meal to Napper Tandy's Irish Pub. Enjoy our late night bar, 14 large screen TV's showing all the sports games. Napper Tandy's also offers late night music entertainment Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays with great specials throughout the season.
A word from The Salt Creek Steakhouse
The Salt Creek Steakhouse is located in the heart of Breckenridge's' historic district. Since 1997 we have consistently set the benchmark for great Steaks, mouth watering BBQ (cooked slow and low) fresh fish, poultry and vegetarian dish's. Our restaurant is one of the few quality establishments in town capable of catering in house to large groups and special events. Our extensive, yet reasonably priced, wine list has garnered the Wine Spectator award of excellence every year since 1998. For the finest food, superb service set in an authentic old western style ambiance the Salt Creek Steakhouse is your Breckenridge destination.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
The Salt Creek Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Breckenridge ›
The Salt Creek Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (4)romantic (4)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Overall, a great experienceTraffic61Dined on 10/19/2014While my order was initially incorrect when they brought it out (ribeye instead of prime rib) the staff adjusted well and had my prime rib out in short order. Friendly, clean, quiet, attentive staff.Special Features:
- Excellent ChoicegbfoodieDined on 9/13/2014A;ways a great place to take guests. Curteous staff and always good reliable food.Special Features:
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/31/2014We truly enjoyed the food choices of fish and steak options. We felt that the prices were a bit high for that region.Special Features:
- breakfast too!syrupDined on 8/30/2014We went back the next morning for breakfast. That too was excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were greatcac9Dined on 8/30/2014The waitress was very knowledgeable out the menu and made suggestions. Food was very good and the price was not bad for a good steak house. This was our first time here. We went to the bar for happy hour and a band was playing, they were not bad. We will be back when we are in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my best dining experiencesILoveSteaksDined on 8/4/2014Great and friendly service, the waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and made excellent recommendations to us about the fare. Will return if ever in the area again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Friendly waitstaff. Excellent BBQ. Smithwick beer from Ireland was a plus.Special Features:
- Best steaks in Breck!NotatreehuggerDined on 7/24/2014Tender, great tasting steaks cooked just the way you want - friendly, caring staff - good portion sizesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BreakfastSuperbVIPDined on 7/21/2014We had a good breakfast here: eggs w/trout (a nice/unique change from the normal breakfast). The trout was fresh, sauteed and not overcooked. The biscuit was ver light and tasty. The steak and eggs were also a good value for the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMomofboysDined on 7/5/2014Great find last minute. Food & service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A welcome surpriseEvanVIPDined on 7/4/2014Don't let the casual atmosphere and decor fool you, the food is simply outstanding!Special Features:
- BillDined on 7/2/2014Trout was poor and bar-b-cue was just OK.....I doubt that we will return. The place was not "rocking' when we arrived nor when we left.Special Features:
- The following 161 reviews are from the The Salt Creek Steakhouse reviews archive.
- melt in your mouth steaksDocdmsDined on 6/21/2014The rib eye was knock out excellent. BBQ was excellent and large selection of great sides. Great service.Special Features:
- JacxHmmmDined on 6/19/2014Great find in Breckenridge, CO. Food was awesome, service by Jasmine was good...a little overpriced, but it's a tourist town! Expect it.Special Features:
- 8oz filet was decent and cookedpeteskiDined on 3/24/20148oz filet was decent and cooked to my liking. Unfortunately, the BBQ was dry and overcooked. We were there on a Monday so I would guess that the BBQ was cooked the day before and just re-heated for us. This was our first time to Salt Creek and I was really hoping for better quality considering the price.
- Delicious !OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/18/2014Our first time to Salt Creek did not disappoint. Our waitress, Erin, a fellow Marylander, was terrific; friendly, easy going. Two of us loved our petit filet with chimichurri sauce; my husband devoured the bone in aged ribeye; and my daughter loved her surf and turf. Great meal all the way around. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Open Table ExperienceBulldogVIPDined on 3/17/2014The waiter was ok, he felt terrible that we have to send back twice the baked potato that my wife ordered. The filet was fair but my rib eye was terrible, it had way too much fat also my two sides were cold. Also the restaurant is pretty loud because they have a bar on top. Find another place because I am sure you can find a better place to spend $165 USD for a dinner for three. Bad choice.
- Great foodDaveyDined on 3/16/2014A lot of choices for large groups. Service was generally good. In town for vacation, very good place for any meal, they also serve breakfastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakhouse and Other Red MeatCampyDined on 3/15/2014We had a very good meal at the Salt Creek Steakhouse. Service was decent, steaks were very good. We had the NY Strip (one of the best I've ever tasted), Ribeye (excellent) and the Tenderloin Medallions (also very good). We'd definitely go again! EricSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice...FirstTimeToBreckenridgeDined on 3/14/2014The Elk & Buffalo were excellent. The service was very friendly and efficient - we liked our waitress. We enjoyed ourselves very much and would consider going back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food...JimTDined on 3/6/2014Excellent service and excellent meal. Elk and trout were exquisitely prepared and tasted fantastic! Well done...I would recommend this to a friend.
- steak so-soSkierVIPDined on 3/1/2014For a steak house, the steak should be top notch, but this was just OK. Even the signature aged rib eye lacked flavor. Plus I was surprised at the size of the cut being smaller than I would have expected for the price. The wine list was seemingly built up by a previous owner, so the better wines might not be available. Better place is right across the street.
- We had made a reservationMarianneDined on 3/1/2014We had made a reservation and were seated right when we walked in. Our waitress was outstanding and the food was excellent and came out in a timely manner. Would recommend and will be back when we visit Breckenridge again.Special Features:
- Sh*t Happens? REALLY?!?!AnthonySVIPDined on 2/28/2014In golfing parlance, this dining experience was littered with bogies. First, the wine. The wine list had the Decoy as a 2010. The waitress brought us a 2011, however. The 2011 was too young. Second, the waitress asked whether we wanted any vinegar and oil with our bread. We said, "yes." It never arrived. Third, one of us found a piece of plastic in the "Oscar" preparation. When we brought it to the waitresses attention, she said she would notify the chef. When we later asked the waitress for the chef's response, she said that the chef responded by telling her "sh*t happens." Finally, one of the filets was grossly under-cooked and sent back. The saving grace was that the butternut squash spinach salad and beef medallions were tasty.
- Ski town exceptionOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/22/2014Food here was very good and reasonably priced. Unlike many winter resorts were the staff seem to be thinking of their next day snowboarding, the staff at the Salt Creek were friendly, knowledgeable about the menu and did not rush you through the meal. Would definitely go back next time I am in Breck.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfultourestDined on 2/19/2014Have been dinning here for years. They have never disappointed. It is a must for us everytime we are in Breakenridge.Special Features:
- Very Good Steaks, BBQ, and sidesBreckVistorDined on 2/15/2014Steaks, BBQ brisket, BBQ sausage, loaded potatoes, cornbread casserole, and onion strings were all fantastic. Pass on the pulled pork it was too dry. Creme brulee was great too. Ice cream sandwich and calamari were just okay. Would definitely go again. Good craft beer too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014I took my girlfriend for a nice date night and we where both very happy with the service and food, this place does cost a little more but you get what you pay for! This is a must visit if you are in Breckenridge on vacation!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Dinner Wow!lmackDined on 2/14/2014A 50 word max fr this review doesnt do.justice for.how.good this restaurant is..i have had some good food and some very fine restaurants and should say that this ranks way up top on the list of best foods i ever had. I ordered the bison rib eye and my gf ordered the smoked tofu curry. I ordered my ribeye med rare .. on the rare side and it came in exactly like that.. seasoning was perfectly balanced and thr rib eye came on a port reduction which was just perfect. Now tofu curry.... I dont think we ever had anything so yummy ever..the tofu was not.over smoked.the curry had so many facets and depth to it, it was fascinating best tofu ever.better yet.it was dairy free and gluten free and even healthy for how rich it tasted. MUST HAVE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceKristieDined on 2/14/2014We were on vacation over valentine's day and made a reservation at this restaurant based on the reviews. I must say they were right. The food is great, the service is excellent and it was a very nice atmosphere. I ordered the filet and it was cooked perfectly. My husband ordered the Elk and what a great surprise. It was so delicious! We followed this amazing meal with their white chocolate creme brulee. Best we've ever had. Great way to end the night. If you are traveling to Breckenridge, CO. We highly recommend you visit this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/14/2014Service was good and side dishes were great. Surprised that the steak, which they are known for was just ok. Place (like most in Breck) was very dark and you cannot see menu.
- lots of nice offerings, portionsLisaHVIPDined on 2/14/2014lots of nice offerings, portions are small, steakhouse style so entrees really only come with one side and veggies are extra. LOTS of options for sides!I would recommend this to a friend.
- great after the slopesskiierM2Dined on 2/7/2014Excellent steak house with nice ambience! I would have given 5 stars if the "leatherette" booth I sat in wasn't ripped. Other than that perfection! Great service! Beautiful presentation & lots of menu choices! Steak was delicious! A little crowded but I think all restaurants in Breck are this way....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!tukelVIPDined on 1/25/2014The staff was very nice and helpful. We had a reservation and they got us right in. The food was quick and great. Drink service was a tad slow but they were swamped!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out of the kitchen.muncherDined on 1/13/2014We enjoyed our meal at Salt Works. It just wasn't anything over the top.Special Features:
- Don't do it.BlazerDined on 1/3/2014Overbooked. Waited 45 minutes even with reservations. Very poor and very slow service. Noisy. Mediocre food. Won't go back there again.
- Relaxed Atmosphere with Upscale DinFirstSisterDined on 1/3/2014Always enjoy Salt Creek. Food is almost always great. It has been remodeled inside some and the menu upgraded from typically BBQ to much more. The surf and turf (6 oz. Filet and King Crab) was delicious and cooked perfect. Fresh fish is also a treat and flown in. Daughter has the Ribs and they were surprisingly tough think they keep the BBQ because that's what it started with, but don't focus on it too much. It is pretty close quarters if busy and they probably have a table or two more than is my preference but hey, it's Breck and off seasons are hard. They need to get as many people in using prime time as they can to stay open I would think. Salt Creek is always on our list of WHERE DO WE GO TONIGHT. and they take reservations!Special Features:
- Short staffed?DowntownVIPDined on 1/2/2014Our server was brand new but knew the menu. We went a while with empty drinks. All of the servers were very busy. The kitchen was backed up. They must have been short staffed. We spent over 2 hours at dinner. We weren't in a hurry but didn't want to be there all night. My son had crab legs and loved them, husband an OK filet. I had the scallops and shrimp. They said they could make it spicy, I said no thank you but it came out very spicy. Chocolate cake and Crème Bruleé were good. There're lots of great places treat in Breckenridge,I don't know that I would make it back here.
- Dinner outMommmmmmDined on 1/2/2014We were really looking forward to a nice meal out for our last night on vacation. They sat us right away in a lovely corner booth as we had a reservation. It took our waiter awhile to get our order, but he seemed quite knowledgable. We proceeded to order food after receiving our drinks. It was 7:30 and they had run out of 6 oz filets. Took quite awhile to get our food. They were a lot of large parties in the restaurant so we decided that was the reason. However, our food arrived barely lukewarm, my husbands steak was rare instead of medium, so was sent back. The king crab order was disappointing as it seemed to be random pieces of crab and not legs. Probably wouldn't go here again as was pricey for mediocre food.
- Marginal and over pricedMamadoDined on 1/2/2014The service was so slow. The waiter was fine but the kitchen took forever and food came out warm at best over cooked and dry. Steaks are supposed to be their specialty and they were dry bland and over cooked. Sides were over priced and nothing special. I would not recommend this restaurant.Special Features: