The Salmon House
2229 Folkestone Way
West Vancouver, BC V7S 2Y7Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Salmon House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.salmonhouse.com/
- Phone: (604) 926-3212
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10.30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - close;
Come for a drink and tapas in the Coho Lounge
Open everyday from 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mario Fortin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: .
- Private Party Facilities: Private room with a spectacular view available for groups of up to 35 people.
- Private Party Contact: Ann Bentley 6049263212x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every Friday & Saturday evenings in the Coho room.
A word from The Salmon House
The window-wrapped dining room offers unparalleled views of Vancouver, Stanley Park and the surrounding Burrard Inlet.Continued
The Salmon House is world renowned for its fresh seafood and comprehensive BC wine list; accentuated by breath-taking views, warm comfortable surroundings and native art decor.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Salmon House - Best Restaurants in West Vancouver ›
The Salmon House reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (140)special occasion (108)romantic (79)fit for foodies (57)neighborhood gem (36)good for groups (33)notable wine list (25)great for brunch (17)hot spot (13)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (9)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Had a wonderful time!mikeDined on 11/22/2014Had a wonderful time - but I did propose to my girlfriend (and she said yes). The waiter was superb - he brought us some champagne when he saw the ring box... A very nice gesture. He took some pictures for us - and we had an amazing view of Vancouver below us. It was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everything about it!LennyDined on 11/21/2014The view, service, food, and drinks were all fantastic! Everyone in our group raved about their main dish (salmon, halibut, lobster tagliatelli), and the triple chocolate tarte was phenomenal! So delicious. We had two birthdays in our group and they did a lovely job with the plate for dessert for the birthday girls. Service was great and they made a wonderful caesar. No complaints what-so-ever. Never been before, but I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite seafood restaurant on the northshoreFoodcopDined on 11/14/2014Excellent food. Questioned an item that had been removed from the menu that we loved and the chefs prepared it ... Will be back this week to bring our parents and kids....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No basket of breadJoJoDined on 11/12/2014Salmon and halibut dinner were good along selective wine! However, we were disappointed that there is no basket of bread provided. We attended there approximately twice a year. I hope in the future the basket of bread shall be provided prior to main meals. Food is exquisite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2014This is the third time we go to this restaurant. The food is second to none! The Tagliatele with Lobster was incredible and so was the Carpaccio of Bison. The wine list is a little limited though, with a little bias to Okanagan wine. We had a Quail's Gate Gewusteminer that was fresh and crisp. Definitely recommend. The view if the city is just plain wonderful. The ambiance is definitely romantic. A little more light would be great for my taste. The service was good, not great. The waiter forgot to bring a juice our son ordered. All in all I recommend this restaurant. Great place for special ocassions. Will be back fir sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay vacationBiketoeatDined on 11/8/2014We opted to stay in Vancouver for the long weekend. This place is fantastic after a lovely walk at lighthouse park. The owners should utilize the balcony in the summer for a patio lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RecommendedcarolcommentDined on 11/8/2014Great spot! One of our party was in a wheelchair so they found us a quiet spot in the lounge so we could sit by a window. Food was excellent and server were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view, beautiful restaurantloveveggiesDined on 11/7/2014My Halibut was delicious, as was my husband's salmon. Caesar salad had a house made, delicious dressing with anchovy in it, but croutons and presentation were lacking. Wine list was extensive. pecan tart was excellent. The service was good enough, but not great. My only criticism would be that the menu lacks anything vegan, and if there were vegetarian options, which I don't remember, they weren't very appetizing. The bill was higher than we are used to paying, but probably not out of the norm. It came in at just under $200 including tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent VisitGerryDined on 11/7/2014Its been many years maybe even 15 to 20 since I dined at the Salmon house, I live in Ontario and used to frequent BC a lot in my business days. This occasion I was visiting with my brother from the London in the UK, and my daughter from San Francisco, Ca. Everyone enjoyed the food service and ambiance. My daughter thought it was the best salmon she had anywhere and that's a compliment from a girl who has traveled extensively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experiencetheNbomrDined on 11/1/2014The food was outstanding. I cannot remember the last time I was so pleased with the quality of the food at any restaurant, and the service was absolutely impeccable, and thoroughly professional all the way. I had requested a window table, however even though I didn't get one, the view was still fantastic. My only minor quibble is that the large room was somewhat noisy (Saturday dinner time), although not to the point of great distress. My third visit, and all was consistent with top quality service in my prior dining. Looking forward to the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014We had an excellent experience. Our waiter and the bussers provided fabulous service. Food and view were spectacular. Only improvement would be the music. Jazz and/or instrumental satellite music would be more appropriate to the atmosphere. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poppaDined on 10/21/2014Great food in a great location. Service was excellent and never over bearing. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Scrumptious and Scenic aseiPatDined on 10/19/2014We had a perfect table by the window with a wonderful viewSpecial Features:
- Love it!ManfromseattleDined on 10/18/2014Overall was great! It would be better if they just give free bread instead of charging $3. Btw, i didn't see any kids menu.... Tables are too close each other. I can even hear everything from my surroundings. Food was great! View is awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Restaurant worth to come againCWANDined on 10/4/2014This is my 2nd time having dinner at the Salmon House. Good for gathering in such environment, foods was good and server is enthusiastic to serve. I will definite come again and recommend to other peopleSpecial Features:
- Looking for moreNorthShoreTwinDined on 10/4/2014Breathtaking view but the food was only adequate and not notable. We had the three course menu and enjoyed the appetizer of smoked salmon and the desert of caramel creme brule but found the salmon dry and the waitress disinterested. Felt like the idea was to process as many as possible with no concern for quality of experience. My linguine was good despite the overcooked seafood. Joe Fortes is more expensive but go there and see how they handle the guests including attitude of staff, professionalism, excellence of food, cook to meet the customer's needs, bread included, etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's all about service& foodTiger2VIPDined on 10/3/2014We had an excellent dinner. The food was great and the service was outstanding. Our server (Arturro) was a wealth of information - he really knows his wines and the appropriate pairings.Special Features:
- Great food, but...lovegoodfoodDined on 10/1/2014Overall, our group had a great dining experience. My sister had the halibut, the portion was surprisingly large. The two kids enjoyed their lobster tagliatelle, again, good-sized portions. My husband and I had decided ahead of time to treat ourselves to the signature seafood tower, and unfortunately, we ignored the rest of the menu. Our tower arrived, the food on it was excellent but it was disappointingly small and we were both still hungry at the end of it. I didn't feel that the quantity of food on it was worth the $100 for two price tag. Aside from that, our server was lovely, the restaurant accommodated the birthday cake we brought, and it was great ambiance, great view, great for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner!EricDined on 9/29/2014We had our anniversary dinner at Salmon House and we were very pleased that we've made the right decision! The foods are delicious, good wine , very nice staff and great view towards downtown Vancouver and Burrad Inlet. Overall it was a very nice evening and we would come back again!Special Features:
- Gorgeous food, gorgeous viewEwaHDined on 9/28/2014Food was spectacular, especially the salmon. The view of Vancouver at night can't be beaten. Attentive but discreet service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 35 yearsrockiesDined on 9/27/2014I had dinner at this restaurant 35 years ago and each time I hit Vancouver, it is simply a great joy to go back and appreciate everything from the food,people and location .Everytime, it is simply a magic evening . Thanks to all.Special Features:
- musicianDined on 9/25/2014I had the Salmon special and did not care for the sauce or the lobster potatoes. The other guests had the halibut which was much more successful.Special Features:
- View was the only highlightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Food was ok. Had to send back the steak after saying would rather more rare than medium rare. (Came well done). Overall the food was ok but not worth the 30 minute drive. Decor and furniture is dated. Maybe it is a local hang out but a beautiful sunny day for brunch and only 3 tables at 10:30am tells me their dinner service must be what keeps them in business.Special Features:
- Excellent!cyberdeathDined on 9/15/2014Awesome experience, server was excellent, food was spectacular...only bad thing I can say is that it looked like they had a patio but in reality they didn't.Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/15/2014Nothing comes close to The Salmon House for a great dining experience. A wonderful setting to bring out of town guest to show off some of the best the west coast has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10outof10Dined on 9/14/2014I took my Italian visitors for dinner and their mouths dropped open when they saw the view. We all enjoyed the food which was excellent. I will definitely take foreign company their again it was a real treat.Special Features:
- Birthday at the Salmon HouseLocalistDined on 9/14/2014Large restaurant seating, the tables are quite close together but we were lucky enough to not have anyone at the table next to us. I think if their had been, the experience would not have been the same. We had a window seat, the view is stunning (helped by the fact that it was a gorgeous, sunny evening), extensive wine list, varied menu albeit pricey. But for a special occasion, it was a nice place to be. Waiter was attentive but not in your face. Overall, it was a very nice dining experience and the perfect place to go for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it's hyped up to beknegmDined on 9/13/2014The restaurant is well-decorated but extremely noisy on a Saturday night. Not a great spot for special occasions or romantic dinners. The food is good, some of it was actually delicious, but overall it's not to die for. We had much better entrées at The Boat House. The mains portions (Salmon Trio) were not big but acceptable. Their Salmon House Sampler was TINY (and this is their most expensive appetizer. Couldn't be shared by 2 people. It had ONE scallop.) For a restaurant of their calibre, reputation, and price range, it's disgraceful and almost unforgivable that they would charge for bread. The restaurant has a patio but it's not used. Their deserts (maple pecan tart and mocha crème brûlée) were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CriticismsLuv2chatDined on 9/12/2014Was disappointed to be charged seperately and excessively for bread. It is not an inexpensive resturaunt and that is unnecessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View... Great FoodRBCangemiVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great views from most of the tables. Delicious fresh well prepared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwaysalwaysreturnDined on 9/6/2014Salmon House never fails to impress. Our server Arturo made us feel special and attended promptly to oue every need.The food was spectacular as always with AMAZING presentation. The variety of flavors in the Seafood Tower for two were simply delightful plus it was fun to share !Special Features:
- A nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We always like having dinner here as the view is always superb and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014It was expensive, but it was worth the special occasion and spectacular for visitors to Vancouver.Special Features:
- A destination for visitorsWine4meDined on 8/30/2014The Salmon House is consistently a wonderful dining experience. The delicious food and amazing view make it a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but.......RTS1967Dined on 8/28/2014Like most restaurants today I felt the value was somewhat lacking in what we ate vs what we paid. There's no doubt the view is wonderful and while there's no guarantee you'll get close to the window, the view is still visible from most areas of the restaurant. We had the Seafood tower for 2 which is priced at 75.00. It was nice but was not substantial, found it odd the only vegetable they included was asparagus, seems the veg always falls short when it comes to these types of restaurants . I also thought it odd to offer a tower for 2, but send it out with 3 pieces of asparagus and 3 skewered grilled prawns.....someone just isn't thinking. Don't you think everything provided should be divisible by 2 if offered as a meal for 2?Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014It had been ages since we were at the Salmon House. We had guests visiting from eastern Canada and remembered good meals from the past with a lovely view of Vancouver . The view was great - the portions small and the prices highSpecial Features:
- Great view, disappointing foodnshorefoodloversDined on 8/26/2014The Salmon House enjoys the most spectacular setting, the restaurant itself, with its large windows allows the diner to take in these amazing vistas. It should be an ideal place for a romantic dinner or to show off Vancouver to a first time visitor except the food just does not cut it. It's not a bargain basement restaurant, the servers are very efficient and professional, so why was the bread served both stale and obviously reheated in a microwave to try to disguise the staleness. Unfortunately the main courses were little better, one dish of salmon was overcooked, a crime for a fish restaurant, the other dish of halibut was a small, ragged portion which looked like it had been dropped. Presentation was sloppy, we left feeling let down.Special Features:
- FamilyDined on 8/24/2014It was my Daughter and her wife's anniversary and my 91's birthday and you made both occasion very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceLibraLadyDined on 8/23/2014We had been talking about coming here for years, and finally did it the other night. The atmosphere is classy and casual at the same time. The wait staff are all very professional, friendly and efficient. We were pleasantly surprised at the variety of food choices on the menu, and had a tough time making our decision. I ordered the trio salmon dish and my husband ordered the special Sockeye Salmon. Everything was delicious! We will definitely be making The Salmon House one of our regular places to go for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousdinnerB4theshowDined on 8/23/2014Never disappointed! The food was amazing as was the view. Great service and wine selection.Special Features: