The Salmon House
2229 Folkestone Way
West Vancouver, BC V7S 2Y7Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Salmon House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.salmonhouse.com/
- Phone: 6049263212x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10.30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - close;
Come for a drink and tapas in the Coho Lounge
Open everyday from 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mario Fortin
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: .
- Private Party Facilities: Private room with a spectacular view available for groups of up to 35 people.
- Private Party Contact: Ann Bentley 6049263212x
- Entertainment: Live entertainment every Friday & Saturday evenings in the Coho room.
A word from The Salmon House
The window-wrapped dining room offers unparalleled views of Vancouver, Stanley Park and the surrounding Burrard Inlet.Continued
The Salmon House is world renowned for its fresh seafood and comprehensive BC wine list; accentuated by breath-taking views, warm comfortable surroundings and native art decor.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Salmon House - Best Restaurants in West Vancouver ›
The Salmon House reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (149)special occasion (109)romantic (73)fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (41)good for groups (35)notable wine list (32)great for brunch (28)great for lunch (14)hot spot (13)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (11)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Birthday at the Salmon HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Large restaurant seating, the tables are quite close together but we were lucky enough to not have anyone at the table next to us. I think if their had been, the experience would not have been the same. We had a window seat, the view is stunning (helped by the fact that it was a gorgeous, sunny evening), extensive wine list, varied menu albeit pricey. But for a special occasion, it was a nice place to be. Waiter was attentive but not in your face. Overall, it was a very nice dining experience and the perfect place to go for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CriticismsLuv2chatDined on 9/12/2014Was disappointed to be charged seperately and excessively for bread. It is not an inexpensive resturaunt and that is unnecessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View... Great FoodRBCangemiVIPDined on 9/6/2014Great views from most of the tables. Delicious fresh well prepared food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as alwaysalwaysreturnDined on 9/6/2014Salmon House never fails to impress. Our server Arturo made us feel special and attended promptly to oue every need.The food was spectacular as always with AMAZING presentation. The variety of flavors in the Seafood Tower for two were simply delightful plus it was fun to share !Special Features:
- A nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We always like having dinner here as the view is always superb and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014It was expensive, but it was worth the special occasion and spectacular for visitors to Vancouver.Special Features:
- A destination for visitorsWine4meDined on 8/30/2014The Salmon House is consistently a wonderful dining experience. The delicious food and amazing view make it a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but.......RTS1967Dined on 8/28/2014Like most restaurants today I felt the value was somewhat lacking in what we ate vs what we paid. There's no doubt the view is wonderful and while there's no guarantee you'll get close to the window, the view is still visible from most areas of the restaurant. We had the Seafood tower for 2 which is priced at 75.00. It was nice but was not substantial, found it odd the only vegetable they included was asparagus, seems the veg always falls short when it comes to these types of restaurants . I also thought it odd to offer a tower for 2, but send it out with 3 pieces of asparagus and 3 skewered grilled prawns.....someone just isn't thinking. Don't you think everything provided should be divisible by 2 if offered as a meal for 2?Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2014It had been ages since we were at the Salmon House. We had guests visiting from eastern Canada and remembered good meals from the past with a lovely view of Vancouver . The view was great - the portions small and the prices highSpecial Features:
- Great view, disappointing foodnshorefoodloversDined on 8/26/2014The Salmon House enjoys the most spectacular setting, the restaurant itself, with its large windows allows the diner to take in these amazing vistas. It should be an ideal place for a romantic dinner or to show off Vancouver to a first time visitor except the food just does not cut it. It's not a bargain basement restaurant, the servers are very efficient and professional, so why was the bread served both stale and obviously reheated in a microwave to try to disguise the staleness. Unfortunately the main courses were little better, one dish of salmon was overcooked, a crime for a fish restaurant, the other dish of halibut was a small, ragged portion which looked like it had been dropped. Presentation was sloppy, we left feeling let down.Special Features:
- FamilyDined on 8/24/2014It was my Daughter and her wife's anniversary and my 91's birthday and you made both occasion very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining ExperienceLibraLadyDined on 8/23/2014We had been talking about coming here for years, and finally did it the other night. The atmosphere is classy and casual at the same time. The wait staff are all very professional, friendly and efficient. We were pleasantly surprised at the variety of food choices on the menu, and had a tough time making our decision. I ordered the trio salmon dish and my husband ordered the special Sockeye Salmon. Everything was delicious! We will definitely be making The Salmon House one of our regular places to go for a night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousdinnerB4theshowDined on 8/23/2014Never disappointed! The food was amazing as was the view. Great service and wine selection.Special Features:
- Impressive as always!DisneyHalfMarathonRunnerVIPDined on 8/18/2014MY PAN SEARED CHILI AND SESAME CRUSTED AHI TUNA WAS AMAZING, AS WAS MY STARTER GREEN APPLE AND BRÛLÉE GOAT CHEESE SALAD. DESSERT WAS A SUMPTUOUS TOFFEE CHOCOLATE TORTE - HAZELNUT FEULLETINE AND CARAMEL SAUCE. WAITER WAS ATTENTIVE AND POLITE.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningFoodforthoughtDined on 8/18/2014Great ambiance, incredible view, delicious food with fresh local ingredients. Really enjoyed our wait staff, Sean was personable, knowledgable and very perceptive to our needs. Loved the whole evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th wedding anniversarylovesalmonDined on 8/17/2014We had an excellent table with a great view over Vancouver. Actually almost all tables have good views of the city and Vancouver Island. The staff were attentive. The menu is standard "salmon based". All food that we have eaten there has been well prepared, well presented and very tasty. You do not go there for steak. A decent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, lovely view, noisy roomDB49Dined on 8/17/2014We made the reservation far in advance with an online request for a window table if possible as we were hosting friends from Australia; however we were given a booth far from the windows. The second disappointment was the noise level, which made it hard to have a conversation until later in the evening when most of the people had left. Having said that, the food was good. The fish was well prepared and vegetables nicely crisp. I was annoyed however at not receiving any Open Table points at all, even though I had booked directly on the Open Table site.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic VancouverOmNomer30Dined on 8/15/2014The view is amazing, the food top notch, they've been doing everything right for decades.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewerDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is often a place for people to go on special occasions. As such most people will wear clothing in keeping with a special family gathering. It is difficult to imagine a special occasion where sneakers, jeans, T-shirt, and baseball cap would be acceptable attire. Such was the garb on the person at the next table. It kind of takes the edge off the "special" occasion my wife and I were there to celebrate, our wedding anniversary. Is there not some minimally acceptable dress standard that could be applied to a restaurant of this calibre?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfaction!mtadDined on 8/15/2014Food was delectable! Halibut was perfect cooked, lamb delicious, desserts yummy.Special Features:
- Busy night means slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/14/2014Terrible service but good food. Salmon dishes are terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner for 4JaniceDined on 8/14/2014The server recommended the daily special which was an excellent choiceSpecial Features:
- Beautiful ExperienceSeafoodLoverDined on 8/12/2014If you don't have special occasion to celebrate go to the Salmon House, just going is a special occasion!! The Seafood Tower for two is amazing! The service is outstanding and the ambiance and view are absolutely unbeatable! My favourite restaurant anywhere! They had no trouble adapting to my allergy to all dairy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Viewtshs0412Dined on 8/11/2014Loved the scenic view,especially the patio area for you to walk on and take pictures. Service was great, and loved the food.Special Features:
- Clean and pleasantfoodygoodyDined on 8/11/2014We have guests from out of the country and they all enjoyed the food in a very nice view and pleasant lounge. The service was excellent with only one minor detail when the main course was served to our guests not by our main waitress, the plates were not placed properly in front of the guests and I needed to ask someone to move them so our guests could eat the food comfortably.Special Features:
- OutstandingComingBackSoonDined on 8/10/2014We had an amazing time! Fabulous service and the food was terrific! Best dining experience in ages! We will be coming back soon and telling everyone about it. The staff took special care and specialized our dessert for our anniversary without us knowing. Overall, it was a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Banquet FacilityBanquetsDined on 8/10/2014To be honest I felt like i was eating at a banquet facility trying to accommodate a party of two. The decor would remind you of that as well very industrial, empty undecorated. The outdoor deck was bare...no tables, plants, etc. The restaurant looks nothing like the website. Even my GF said it looked better in the past.Special Features:
- Worst Table in the houseNoviewtableDined on 8/9/2014We had a quest in town from Texas and very much wanted them to experience the view of our beautiful Vancouver while dining. I had requested a table with a view in my reservation request (which isn't difficult even if they didn't have window table available as almost all have views). We were put in the lower west side of the restaurant and were looking at the back of what look like a garage. We couldn't have got a worse table. In speaking with the hostess, she advised even if you have a reservation it is first come first serve as far as seating goes. What's the point in reserving?? Not happy and not sure if we will go back!Special Features:
- gorgeousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014good food, good scene, reasonable price. highly recommend. even not window seated, can have a excellent scene of vancouver.fSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choicebeisselder1234Dined on 8/8/2014We went to this restaurant to celebrate our 15th anniversary and we really enjoyed eating here. I made a reservation for 6 pm and we hoped for a window table, but unfortunately they had none available. The server was very helpful and knowledgeable and accommodating and we had a delicious meal. We loved the décor of the restaurant with the cedar and aboriginal art. We would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience!ScottyDined on 8/7/2014We just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary (our original reception was at the Salmon House 15 years ago) and the service was outstanding! We'll be back. Thanks for all you did to make it special every time we come!Special Features:
- My favorite..DavberDined on 8/7/2014Haven't been here for several years because we live in Washington, but this is my favorite restaurant of all time. The a Salmon is excellent, service always good, although a little slow this time, and the view is unmatched just about anywhere. Restaurant has great decor as well, but it's a bit more expensive, relatively speaking then before. But I love this place!Special Features:
- What a Celebration...!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/7/2014We traveled via the Trans Canada Highway from the Fraser Valley for a dual celebration. It was my wife's 70th Birthday and mine a week before. We chose the Salmon House as the special place to dine. It met our every expectation in Grand style. Our choice of food was made because of the recommendation of our waitress and proved to be excellent in every regard. It was served quickly, had a wonderful presentation and was delectable to the pallet. The meal was topped by a sinfully delicious desert.....!!!! The view while dinning was unsurpassed on a perfect evening. We will hopefully return often. Thank you for being a excellent dining choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic View and great FoodDonnaVIPDined on 8/4/2014Visiting Vancouver and drove to Salmon House. Stunning views of Vancouver. Had a roomy comfortable booth nice ambience. Enjoyed the salmon sampler appetizer and the arugula pesto chinook alder grilled salmon. Desserts to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food an DecorNextimeDined on 8/3/2014Food need to move on from traditional to more modern fusion style food.......was not good. The carpet need to go away...the table is 80's....need to get some yaletown décor or get some help from decorator for advise.Special Features:
- Fantastic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/31/2014Made the pilgrimage from Pitt Meadows to West Van to take mum out someplace she's never been, amazing service, scenery and of course the food.Special Features:
- Salmon House Always Spectacular2ndfavoriteindulgenceDined on 7/31/2014I have never been disappointed by the Salmon House. It is pricey but what is indulgence about ...the Salmon House has it. The food is cooked to perfection; the staff are happy and long-standing (which means the management is good to them ...a very important part of any dining experience). The wine list, for us wine snobs, is a little thin. But my evening with a long-lost old friend was perfection. The view is great at any time of day (and the windows are kept clean so one can see it :).Special Features:
- West Coast Treat !reistaDined on 7/31/2014Took out friends from Europe - perfect spot to present visitors or newcomers to what Vancouver and the West coast is all about. Recommend to eat fish -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceDare2dineDined on 7/31/2014Everything about The Salmon House is perfect! The food was excellent - presentation, taste, quality and quantity. The view is spectacular - a must for both locals and visitors. The service is friendly, professional and personal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guestsOOTGuestsDined on 7/31/2014We like to take our out of town guests to Salmon House for some Vancouver-unique dining experience with one of the GVA's best views. Price is good - particularly considering the quality. Menu is diverse enough for most people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.