The Saddle Room
2559 Pratum Ave.
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Saddle Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thesaddleroomrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8476457500x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10:00am to 10:00pm
Monday thru Thursday 11:00am to 12:00am
Friday & Saturday 11:00am to 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Saddle Room
The Saddle Room offers an American Eclectic menu that changes with each season. Whether in one of our three dining rooms, lounge, wine bar, or track room, you are assured of a great experience. So relax and enjoy the upbeat atmosphere, friendly service, and most of all the unique Gastronomy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Saddle Room - Best Restaurants in Hoffman Estates ›
The Saddle Room reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (92)good for groups (67)fit for foodies (66)special occasion (63)romantic (46)notable wine list (45)scenic view (35)neighborhood gem (33)great for lunch (23)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (21)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (11)Show More
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had a great evening at The Saddle Room! We ordered a couple of apps--the calamari, the meat board--that were just delicious! Several people at our table ordered the skirt steak and they all loved it. My husband got the prime rib (which I had a bite of), and it was outstanding! And my mouth is still watering at the thought of the gnocchi I had--yum! This place is perfect for a special occasion, a light dinner of an appetizer and a glass of wine, and anything in between! We'll be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Very interesting and adventurous food with complete lack of attitude. Amazing coffee and desserts. Had a mix of apps and they were more than enough.Special Features:
- Part good - part not so.EduardVIPDined on 10/14/2014Second visit here. First time, food was good, service poor. This time service was excellent. My pork chop entree was delicious. But my guest ordered the Hawaiian sun fish and it tasted as if it had been in the freezer too long. He didn't finish it. But he said it was probably his fault. When going to a steak place, you don't order the fish. So, if you're looking for a good meat meal, the Saddle Club could be put on your list. If you're looking for fish, try a different restaurant.
- Chicago pricing in the suburbsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed the restaurant overall but if I wanted to pay city prices, I would most certainly go to the city! 26 dollars for 2 martinis and extremely slow service is not going to have me coming back. I see why the place isn't really hopping! If the staff gave you the "wow" factor, might overlook the fact that the prices are that high. Maybe someday they will realize they are not located downtown Chicago. I'll take a pass on an otherwise nice place with tons of potential.Special Features:
- Great serviceMartiniloverVIPDined on 10/10/2014We enjoyed the food at The Saddle Room and the service was excellent. However, we felt it was pricey. We would have been more adventurous with our choice of entree, but other entrees were too pricey to experiment. There also was a smokey smell throughout the restaurant from the indoor fireplace.Special Features:
- Beyond DisappointedCindyJVIPDined on 10/8/2014This was our second visit and it may be our last. The place was empty, so I expected decent service. It was worse than at a busy restaurant. First, our waiter seemed put-off when I asked questions about the menu, e.g., I asked if the cheese in the pasta was really cheesy:coated in cheese vs just highlight. He says "it cheese. what do you expect." I got a glass of wine. I asked them to choose based on mentioning types I like and don't like. The wine was just OK. I expected $9/$10. The 1 glass was $20! Husband asked if his lasagna came with garlic bread. Waiter said no. Once our food came, we asked another server if there was table bread. She said of course and brought it out. Apparently our waiter cold not be bothered.Special Features:
- Great on all accountsnoteasilyimpressedDined on 10/8/2014Everything was excellent, with high points being the service (Alex), the food (of which we over-indulged), and the drinks (great martinis, shaken at your table). We will be back...repeatedly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LylaDined on 10/4/2014We were greeted right away. We didn't wait at all at the front entrance. The atmosphere is very cozy and romantic. Our waiter was very nice, he made us feel home. I enjoyed my food vey much. I know you advertise flat bread however what you guys are making is not plat bread.Special Features:
- Cozy and relaxingElizabethDined on 10/3/2014I love this restaurant! The food is great and I love that their menu changes throughout the year. The fire pit is perfect for drinks and appetizers. They even have a handful vegetarian options for us. We also enjoy going into their wine room for the larger wine list. Great place for all occasions and a perfect place for the cold nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saddle RoomDebbieVIPDined on 10/3/2014I went with my sister for my birthday and she has some food allergies. We had a great meal and they made sure that we were well taken care of. My sister now wants to go back for her birthday dinner is a couple of weeks.Special Features:
- Group LeaderGroupHost1Dined on 10/3/2014Our group said lunch was tasty and the waiter was excellent. We loved the atmosphere both inside and out, however the portions were smaller than expected and smaller than similar restaurants in the area at the same price range. After work...The patio is where our group heads to enjoy happy hour and the scenic view of the prairie but there are not enough light food options. So our group has a couple of drinks and goes elsewhere for dinner, because we are looking for less expensive dinner options. Please consider adding, a couple of less expensive items to the menu, so that our group doesn't have to go somewhere else to eat a light dinner and leave your beautiful patio?Special Features:
- Disappointing FoodAndyVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great ambience and no complaints about the service. Got here late on a week night. Service was fine and got our food quickly. Unfortunately my wife's Ahi Tuna Salad had 5 very small bite sizes pieces of tuna. Should have never been served to us, especially an entree salad at $18.95. My Jambalaya had very little "meat" in it, just a few random skinny slices of sausage and the cream sauce was overpowering. Loved the atmosphere, so maybe stop back for a drink on a nice night as they have a great outdoor patio.
- Amazing as usualhungry1217Dined on 9/26/2014We came on a Friday night when the weather was beautiful. I love the huge outdoor patio, fireplaces, just an overall inviting space. The specialty drinks are some of the best I've ever had and you'd be hard pressed to find any better in the suburbs. We started out with the hummus platter which was black bean, jalapeno, and beet blue cheese. I don't like beets or blue cheese and still loved it. Next course, we had the pablano japalpeno cheesecake salad. Kudos to the chef – amazing! Next course – the prime pizza which has prime rib and sunny egg and is something we can’t seem to come to Saddle Room and not get. Finally for dessert, we had the cherry berry bread pudding with pistachio & avocado ice cream. We can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- RickyDined on 9/20/2014This was our 3rd or 4th time visiting and we loved it! The food is delicious and unique. The service has always been good. We will continue to dine here.Special Features:
- A new favorite!ChicagoAnnVIPDined on 9/20/2014A lovely outdoor dining area; we enjoy it very much. Also, the menu is creative and will not disapoint.Special Features:
- Good but not greatDustymVIPDined on 9/19/2014The atmosphere is good a little noisy though. Our waiter was very friendly and polite. However, the food was pretty average, nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Open LateDaveDined on 9/18/2014I think the highlight is the creative food at a suburban restaurant that is open late, most chef inspired restaurants close at 10pm in the suburbs which tends to make later dining rushed, that is not true at the Saddle room.Special Features:
- Nice find, will try againFoodWineLoverDined on 9/17/2014The menu was very interesting and had lots of good choice; the wine list although small had some great choices, I think we were only shown a small portion of what they really had to offer. Service was adequate which surprised me given they weren't that busy, but it was somewhat loud in there so that may have been the issue. I am in that area frequently so I plan to give them another try.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/16/2014Menu is one of the most diverse you will ever find. Food was decent but serices pace was a little slow especially with alot of open tables.Special Features:
- Loved it!JanJohnDined on 9/13/2014Food, service and atmosphere were all great. It felt a little upscale and that's certainly needed in this area. I would not recommend the Saddle Room for children or families, however. It seemed more adult oriented, which was fine with us. The interior is certainly a pleasant surprise compared with the rustic exterior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvagoodmealDined on 9/12/2014They have the best food. Unique menu and drinks. Service was excellent. Fridays the chef does a tasting of a unique dish everyone gets to try before you get your dinner. Last time it was a salad and this time it was an appetizer. We got a complimentary dessert due to celebrating my friend's pregnancy. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeHollyDined on 9/6/2014We have been here twice and both times were very enjoyable. We like the theme of the saddle club, very cute. The food and drinks we had at dinner were great! We will go back again.Special Features:
- We were pleasantly surprised!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/6/2014We made reservations to the Saddle Room, because we were going to a concert near-by. We were pleasantly surprised! We will definitely be going back/1Special Features:
- Average to bad food, good ambiancefoodforthoughtDined on 9/6/2014The diners in our group thought the chef tried too hard to make fancy dishes when a more classic version would be appropriate. As such, we did not care for many of the dishes our group ordered. Tuna Tartar would be better without the caviar; mussles would have been preferred with a classic white wine, garlic sauce; the duck and skirt steak were both rated average to below on taste; the german potato salad was too sweet. As a group, we liked the carpaccio and mushrooms & leeks. The sunfish was liked but not as expected. The diner that had the kale and beets enjoyed that as well. Not sure we will return as we think the food was not that good - especially considering the prices charged. The ambiance is excellent.Special Features:
- Great food!Love2eatDined on 9/6/2014Reservation was ready promptly. Food was outstanding. Waiter knew the dishes and made good recommendations. Bar staff paired wine perfectly with duck dish. Excellent choice for couples or friends looking for a great place to enjoy good food, good company, and a delightful food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014Very pricey!! Can't believe there was an up charge of $8 for gluten free pasta. That's really taking advantage of gluten free patrons. My husband and I went for dinner where we ordered 1 appetizer, 2 entrees and we shared a side dish. My husband had 2 drinks and I drank water. The bill was $110.00. That's nuts!!!Special Features:
- Awesome!ChilipepperDined on 8/31/2014I can't believe I didn't make it here sooner! Our server was nice, but took a really long time to get a refill on the soda, so we ended up asking someone else. The Dean Martin-I was delicious with blue cheese stuffed olives! The view makes you feel like you're on vacation in Arizona or something.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceBetsyHDined on 8/31/2014First time here - atmostphere great and our server was delightful. However, service was very slow even though the restaurant was practically empty. Food was good but a bit overpriced for what you got. A friend of mine said last time she was there the service was slow as well. What's up Saddle Room? I would go back and give them another chance however as I loved the location and the backyard patio with a sweet fireplace area :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting MenusuzeqDined on 8/27/2014No sure how this type of restaurant could get "medium rare" wrong on a rib eye. They did make it right and the manager was very proactive. You must try the root beer cookies, they are fresh baked and were fantastic. Nice patio with fireplace great place to hang and have a glass of wine.Special Features:
- Billridemcowboy8Dined on 8/23/2014Great Menu, Food and Chef are TOP QUALITY. service excellentSpecial Features:
- Loved the atmosphere. Food was goodJ9prokschDined on 8/23/2014I ordered blue cheese flatbread pizza as an appetizer but was disappointed in it. It had very very little blue cheese lots to mozzarella. Those at the table who were anti-blue cheese ate most of it. Everyone liked their entree. Best dish at the table was the Young Chicken. Service was great. Music needed turned down a notch or two. It was hard to talk without raising your voice to be heard. We were meeting family that we hadn't seen for a while and the loud music made conversation frustrating. Other than that, it was a cool place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food,drinks and staff was top notch. Outdoor area is absolutely a must do for an after dinner drink. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- LOVE this restaurantBgprimbasDined on 8/15/2014This was my third time @ The Saddle Room. Absolutely love the ambiance, the service is great & the food is to die for! Great selection of wine! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thumbs upbrickDined on 8/5/2014Really liked the menu, atmosphere, and staff. Great experience, will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place.CWalkDined on 8/2/2014Second time here and we will be back. Everything about this restaurant is excellent from the ambience, to the service, and especially the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FIND GREAT SERVICECindyJVIPDined on 8/1/2014Our service was fantastic. I had some restrictions on food and he helped me figure out how to make it work. The manager also brought out a sampling from the chef that was a wonderful bite of food. My husband had the pork chop. While he said it was a little dry (and just on the bare minimum of dry), we was wonderful. I had the duck with brussle sprout chips. Well, the chef got me to eat brussel sprouts and my husband kept trying the steal them. The duck was perfection. Perfectly seasoned. It did not even need the accompianment of the blueberry bastrique, though that was a nice addition. It just added to the layers of flavor. Dessert - bread pudding with pistachio ice cream. Weird but interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JujuDined on 7/22/2014Found the Saddle Room originally for a lunch date with another couple. Took our daughter and so-in=law there for dinner for his birthday. Both experiences were spectatular!Special Features:
- Saddle RoomlovegoodfoodDined on 7/22/2014We love it here. Hidden treasure, easy to get to. It was very hot so we had dinner inside, then enjoyed a drink and dessert on the patio. Food is always great with a nice variety of choices for all tastes. Great drinks choices, good wine. Wine by the glass is a little pricey. We had the flour-less chocolate cake for dessert that was fantastic. I am looking forward to trying Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- mediocreLisaVIPDined on 7/21/2014The food was ok. Not great not terrible. I had the calamari salad. I sat at the bar and the bartender was very nice when she was there. She was busier doing other things. I asked for bread she said she could see what she could do and then never mentioned it again and certainly did not bring any. I would not go back.
- Great food, great atmosphereAbiDDined on 7/20/2014Made a reservation for my cousins birthday. It was early enough so there weren't many customers, which got us attended to quickly. We ordered the rabbit pasta and duck entree. Unfortunately they ran out of duck, which was hard to imagine since there was hardly anyone but I guess everyone ordered it the night before. I ordered the glazed salmon - one if the best ever! Both dishes were fantastic! Dessert was a bread pudding with pistachio and avacado ice cream which was amazing! This is the 5th time I've dined at Saddle Room and have never been disappointed. Love that they grow their own herbs right on the patio and their menu changes periodically so it's always kept fresh and imaginative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.