The Saddle Room
2559 Pratum Ave.
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Saddle Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thesaddleroomrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8476457500x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10:00am to 10:00pm
Monday thru Thursday 11:00am to 12:00am
Friday & Saturday 11:00am to 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Saddle Room
The Saddle Room offers an American Eclectic menu that changes with each season. Whether in one of our three dining rooms, lounge, wine bar, or track room, you are assured of a great experience. So relax and enjoy the upbeat atmosphere, friendly service, and most of all the unique Gastronomy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Saddle Room - Best Restaurants in Hoffman Estates ›
The Saddle Room reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (104)special occasion (67)fit for foodies (66)good for groups (65)romantic (51)scenic view (46)notable wine list (39)great for lunch (36)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (23)great for brunch (18)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014I can't believe I didn't make it here sooner! Our server was nice, but took a really long time to get a refill on the soda, so we ended up asking someone else. The Dean Martin-I was delicious with blue cheese stuffed olives! The view makes you feel like you're on vacation in Arizona or something.Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014First time here - atmostphere great and our server was delightful. However, service was very slow even though the restaurant was practically empty. Food was good but a bit overpriced for what you got. A friend of mine said last time she was there the service was slow as well. What's up Saddle Room? I would go back and give them another chance however as I loved the location and the backyard patio with a sweet fireplace area :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting MenusuzeqDined on 8/27/2014No sure how this type of restaurant could get "medium rare" wrong on a rib eye. They did make it right and the manager was very proactive. You must try the root beer cookies, they are fresh baked and were fantastic. Nice patio with fireplace great place to hang and have a glass of wine.Special Features:
- Billridemcowboy8Dined on 8/23/2014Great Menu, Food and Chef are TOP QUALITY. service excellentSpecial Features:
- Loved the atmosphere. Food was goodJ9prokschDined on 8/23/2014I ordered blue cheese flatbread pizza as an appetizer but was disappointed in it. It had very very little blue cheese lots to mozzarella. Those at the table who were anti-blue cheese ate most of it. Everyone liked their entree. Best dish at the table was the Young Chicken. Service was great. Music needed turned down a notch or two. It was hard to talk without raising your voice to be heard. We were meeting family that we hadn't seen for a while and the loud music made conversation frustrating. Other than that, it was a cool place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/23/2014Food,drinks and staff was top notch. Outdoor area is absolutely a must do for an after dinner drink. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- LOVE this restaurantBgprimbasDined on 8/15/2014This was my third time @ The Saddle Room. Absolutely love the ambiance, the service is great & the food is to die for! Great selection of wine! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thumbs upbrickDined on 8/5/2014Really liked the menu, atmosphere, and staff. Great experience, will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place.CWalkDined on 8/2/2014Second time here and we will be back. Everything about this restaurant is excellent from the ambience, to the service, and especially the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FIND GREAT SERVICECindyJVIPDined on 8/1/2014Our service was fantastic. I had some restrictions on food and he helped me figure out how to make it work. The manager also brought out a sampling from the chef that was a wonderful bite of food. My husband had the pork chop. While he said it was a little dry (and just on the bare minimum of dry), we was wonderful. I had the duck with brussle sprout chips. Well, the chef got me to eat brussel sprouts and my husband kept trying the steal them. The duck was perfection. Perfectly seasoned. It did not even need the accompianment of the blueberry bastrique, though that was a nice addition. It just added to the layers of flavor. Dessert - bread pudding with pistachio ice cream. Weird but interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JujuDined on 7/22/2014Found the Saddle Room originally for a lunch date with another couple. Took our daughter and so-in=law there for dinner for his birthday. Both experiences were spectatular!Special Features:
- Saddle RoomlovegoodfoodDined on 7/22/2014We love it here. Hidden treasure, easy to get to. It was very hot so we had dinner inside, then enjoyed a drink and dessert on the patio. Food is always great with a nice variety of choices for all tastes. Great drinks choices, good wine. Wine by the glass is a little pricey. We had the flour-less chocolate cake for dessert that was fantastic. I am looking forward to trying Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- mediocreLisaVIPDined on 7/21/2014The food was ok. Not great not terrible. I had the calamari salad. I sat at the bar and the bartender was very nice when she was there. She was busier doing other things. I asked for bread she said she could see what she could do and then never mentioned it again and certainly did not bring any. I would not go back.
- Great food, great atmosphereAbiDDined on 7/20/2014Made a reservation for my cousins birthday. It was early enough so there weren't many customers, which got us attended to quickly. We ordered the rabbit pasta and duck entree. Unfortunately they ran out of duck, which was hard to imagine since there was hardly anyone but I guess everyone ordered it the night before. I ordered the glazed salmon - one if the best ever! Both dishes were fantastic! Dessert was a bread pudding with pistachio and avacado ice cream which was amazing! This is the 5th time I've dined at Saddle Room and have never been disappointed. Love that they grow their own herbs right on the patio and their menu changes periodically so it's always kept fresh and imaginative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014The Saddle Room has great food, great drinks, great service, along with a fun ambiance and outdoor bar experience! Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- travelgirlDined on 7/18/2014Food was very good! Rather dark in the restaurant and we were there for lunch. They have an outside area to dine as well. Everything is made fresh and the food was hot and presentation was great! Had the salmon and it was outstanding! Restrooms very dark. The are made like individual horse stalls.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableRichardnConnieMarieDined on 7/14/2014Great decor, quiet & romantic corners and great outdoor seating. Salmon was very good. Great Service. Will go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceSusanVIPDined on 7/12/2014The waitress seemed intoxicated. She also spent time flirting with the young men, and ignored the rest of us at the table. Very poor service.
- Fantastic!DhoffVIPDined on 7/12/2014From the bar with ice blue lights, cross betting room, fireplace living room, dining room with privacy curtains or the outdoor stone setting....this place has it goin on! Several had filled to the rim martinis, the rosemary maple sea salt butter was addicting! Salads perfectly tossed and the Parmesan baguette with side Cesear salad a pleasant plus. The pigs in flight was fantastic others had salmon or chicken with blackberries over polenta. Warm, fresh to order root beer cookies topped off the evening. Full of flavor, ambience perfect, prices moderate to pricey. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food, experienceKT37Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I have dined here 5 times and enjoyed it without fail. We brought my inlaws this time and they were really impressed. Fabulous martinis shaken table side. Try the cheese board, calamari and croquettes. I'm mostly vegetarian, so this time I tried their ragout and it was ridiculously flavorful. Our server Steve was attentive and had great suggestions. The Saddle Room has proven to be a date-night gem for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poolbabeDined on 7/9/2014We sat on patio for a drink and dinner but bugs got bad so went inside to bar. Bartender, male, was rude and hard to get a drink from him. Finally asked a female bartender for a drink. Daughter order the Mommy Dearest martini which she'd had before and it came without the little hangar and blueberry. Not a big deal at all but when she asked male bartender, who had made the drink, he rolled his eyes and commented that he'd hoped she wouldn't realize it. For what is charged for the martini's, they should come as they are described on the menu...... and to admit it?? That bartender is there quite often and every time we have been there he has been rude.
- Going back soon!OrangeDined on 7/6/2014Food was absolutely outstanding! Outdoor seating beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceFoodExplorerDined on 7/4/2014The Saddle Room has always done a great from preparation of the food to providing a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Menu had good variety, interesting and good signature drinks and wait/service staff were outstandingSpecial Features:
- KathyKathyDined on 6/27/2014Overall, we really liked The Saddle Room, but due to others dining before a concert nearby, we waited 45 minutes past our reservation time for a table. Next time, we'll pick a date with no concert scheduled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10SNE1VIPDined on 6/27/2014The Saddle Room is a very good restaurant and walking distance to the Sears Arena. Their outside patio, where most guests were dining on a Saturday night, was lovely. Although quite nice (but very cold and very dark), I would save the inside restaurant for a rainy or non-summer day. The food was delicious; however, service is way too slow. And the server was unable to accommodate a couple of simple requests, including skipping the bacon on the rabbit or adding the sweet dark cherries (available on another dessert) to a dish of ice cream. We were there for 1 hour and 45 minutes, and we only ordered the entrees and dessert. We even had to ask another waitress to find our waiter to order dessert and give us our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could not put my fork downMAtthewDined on 6/26/2014My wife and I just celebrated our anniversary at the Saddle Room and we were impressed. The food was amazing. We have the jambalaya and the gnocchi. For an appetizer we share the fried calamari and even though it had a kick we loved it. The service was top notch. I would definetly recommend checking this place outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and FoodDavidDined on 6/20/2014Food is excellent followed with great service. Outdoor dining with the smell of the fire is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Urban country ambienceMichaelDined on 6/20/2014Yep, urban country ambience just about sums it up. Western tack adorns the walls and a great rustic appearance in weathered wood belies the menu selection. The mood is light, the music is country and blues, the dishes are eclectic including some Venison, so it makes for an interesting date with a Country Western feel. You can take the Pickup or the Porsche, if y'all know what I mean. The waitstaff are attentive and the banter casual; shorts 'n flip flops on the patio were de rigeur, on our first time. We will go back, there ain't no doubt 'bout it. Oh, right next to Cabelas, so y'all can shop for necessaries and the wetland view is sedate scenery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Great Servicescarlett24Dined on 6/20/2014Enjoyed the beautiful night on the outdoor deck. Food was wonderful and staff was very friendly and helpful with the menu. Great drink list also.Special Features:
- Delicious!JessicaVIPDined on 6/19/2014So glad that my friend and I came here for lunch. The pizzas are outstanding - their crusts are amazing! I also tried the Pom-a-dor drink and the Peach Sangria...both were delish, but my favorite was definitely the Pom-ador. I'll definitely be recommending this restaurant, and will be back soon!Special Features:
- JUST LOVE THE FOODGREATFOODDined on 6/15/2014AS I SAID WE JUST LOVE THE FOOD. WE HAVE BEEN TO THE SADDLE CLUB 3 TIMES FOR LUNCH AND ONCE FOR BRUNCH. I WOULD SAY MY ONLY COMPLAINT WOULD BE THE SERVICE. ONCE I GOT THE IMPRESSION THAT SHE WAS NOT HAPPY BEING THERE. ON THE ONE BRUNCH VISIT. WE HAD TO ASK NUMEROUS TIMES FOR THE WAITRESS TO REMOVE THE PLATES EVERY TIME WE WENT BACK TO THE BUFFET. AGAIN SHE LOOKED LIKE SHE WASN'T HAPPY TO BE THERE.Special Features:
- MY FAV HANG OUT PLACEMariaTVIPDined on 6/15/2014Love the cocktails, food, service and ambiance. It is now my favorite hang out place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant out of the way placeRomanDined on 6/14/2014Great view from the outside terrace. Secluded and far enough away from any road noises. Waite staff attentive and extremely efficient. Nice touch with the sample appetiser from the kitchen. Solid menu selections to satisfy any palate.Special Features:
- Good Food, Great ServicefoodnfunDined on 6/13/2014We went there for our anniversary and had a great experience. The food was great. We had the eggplant press followed by the duck and filet for the main dish, and capped it off with the flourless chocolate cake and empanada. The service was excellent and the ambiance was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TryItDined on 6/13/2014The food was excellent, our service was very good and the ambience was perfect. Joined colleagues for lunch to celebrate a milestone and really enjoyed it. If it would not have been so windy, I would have eaten outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mehkl1966Dined on 6/11/2014We arrived for lunch at 12:10 and one of the entrees was already sold out. They print the menu daily so I am not sure how this happens. The food was rather bland, particularly the flatbreads. I ordered one that was supposed to have strawberries, blue cheese and balsamic vinegar. It was basically just cheese with 1 strawberry sliced and placed around it. There was not even 1 slice of strawberry per piece.
- Belmont Stakes DayLor11Dined on 6/7/2014Great jib. It got busy closer to the race and they ran out of fat tire. However, overall everything was great. Very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saddle RoomPatriciaBDined on 6/7/2014I love the Saddle room with 1 exception..the Kentucky Derby. We waited over an hour for drinks and did not get the ones we ordered. Sent them back and waited 35 minutes for it to be corrected. We did get billed for the wrong drinks and spent time getting that fixed. Waited almost an hour and 10 minutes for our food. Staff was very apologetic but it did not make up for the atrocious wait times! Would never do the Kentucky Derby again but I do like the saddle room. Hummus is the best I have ever had!!!Even on non event days your service is slow. Server Steve is always outstanding..we did not get out server to our table so after 15 minutes, he came over and helped us even tho we were not assigned to him. He knows customer service!Special Features:
- Took a gamblePalatineprimcessDined on 6/7/2014Went to bet the Belmont, but got so much more. Friendly crowd and service people. Excellent food. Who ever built this place was right on the money.Special Features: