The Saddle Room
2559 Pratum Ave.
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Saddle Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thesaddleroomrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (847) 645-7500
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10:00am to 10:00pm
Monday thru Thursday 11:00am to 12:00am
Friday & Saturday 11:00am to 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Saddle Room
The Saddle Room offers an American Eclectic menu that changes with each season. Whether in one of our three dining rooms, lounge, wine bar, or track room, you are assured of a great experience. So relax and enjoy the upbeat atmosphere, friendly service, and most of all the unique Gastronomy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Saddle Room - Best Restaurants in Hoffman Estates ›
The Saddle Room reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (72)fit for foodies (70)good for groups (61)special occasion (61)romantic (47)notable wine list (45)neighborhood gem (30)scenic view (23)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (19)great for lunch (14)late-night find (14)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (7)Show More
- Service was outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014From the starting out of making the reservation to getting seated and the service was outstanding. The food and wine selection were top notch and taste was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Totally LOVE The Saddle Room!RashicaDined on 11/14/2014Absolutely our favorite restaurant for romantic date nights & now our favorite place for group events. The Saddle Room offers one of the best appetizer menus (which they make periodic additions to) that celebrate fine American fair. You can't go wrong with anything you order, especially the specialty drinks. When it comes to entree's, they offer adventurous (delicious) dishes or more common dishes (pastas) with interesting, tasty spins. We recently celebrated my SIL's birthday with several family members. We had the best time which was facilitated by the incredible service we received! We were not surprised since we have never had bad service at the Saddle Room, Never. None the less, thank you so much Frederick for stellar service you provided to me and my party. We will not soon forget. The whole family was very impressed with The Saddle Room. Thanks so much for giving us a delicious, memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of Saddle Room on 11/14/2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014My boyfriend and I had a great dinner at The Saddle Room. It was our first time there and we felt very comfortable and welcomed. The service was great and the food was delicious. It was a nice restaurant for a special occasion meal for the two of us. We will definitely be visiting again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary spot.Weberjuly9Dined on 11/12/2014My wife and I celebrated our 26th anniversary at the Saddle Room. I made a reservation and requested a private table. We were delighted to be seated at a very secluded table. The food was wonderful. The waiter was excellent and we'll informed about all the menu items. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saddle up!CoachDaveDined on 11/9/20148pm Sunday night dinner with my bride, so restaurant not packed. However, have also been here when very busy and have never had anything short of very good to excellent service. We had a booth with a view of the fireplaces both inside and out on the patio. The food was fantastic (filet and fish), prepared very well, perfect sized portions and dessert (Brewers Brownie) was awesome to share. Our waitress, and the manager who checked in, were fantastic and she recommended a great bottle of wine after asking us a few things about what we liked and were looking for. We are looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Great but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Loved the decor! Great cocktails/beers, good service, and food was excellent! Loved all the unique options on the menu and so much we wanted to try. Main drawback is the pricing. Very expensive and smaller portions, but again, it was excellent. Definitely a cut above the typical suburban restaurant. Great for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great overall experience!seej87Dined on 11/8/2014It was pretty loud and I'm not a fan of having the TV on while I'm enjoying a romantic date night but everything else blew my mind and was way better than I expected it to be. I will be back and I look forward to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and unique menumargieDined on 11/8/2014We dined here on a Saturday night with another couple and were seated in the wine bar. It was a small room at the back of the restaurant and we really enjoyed it because it was much quieter back there than in the main dining room. They also had an even extended wine list back there with options of 8oz pours and 16oz pours in a decanter. Our server was excellent - available when we needed him but not hovering too much. He made wonderful suggestions from the wine list. The menu is unique with a wonderful presentation for all of the dishes. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will be going back. Note for families: I did see several tables with kids and even though I didn't have my kids with me this time, I would try it!Special Features:
- great ambienceJuanDined on 11/7/2014I love the ambience here. Nice fireplaces. Great smell. I had the rib eye and felt it was too charred on surface and meat was too fatty. Previously, I've had the strip and flank steaks and those were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zanzenzanzenDined on 11/6/2014Great variety of meal choices. Food prepared well. Fair priced wine list. Great outdoor patio for summer. Service is a little slow, and the lighting is very dim, bring a flashlight.Special Features:
- Thanks for nothingPalatineprimcessDined on 11/1/2014The restaurant was fine, but your reservations didn't work. When we arrived we had no reservations. Won't be using you again.Special Features:
- The best place for a burger & beer!RichardDined on 10/31/2014They have some of the best burgers in the area! Cooked just the way you like it and Nueske bacon, 6 year aged cheddar or any of the great toppings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- two dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014We were at an event at the Sears Center and this OTB establishment is walking distance and also a fine restaurant/tavern. Small but nice selection of unusual ales, great food both times, and excellent service. Semi-private tables along the south edge are relatively quiet places to dine, even at crowded times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014The food was good but very over priced and the portions were tiny. The service was just OK. For what they charge there are many better alternatives.Special Features:
- Great serviceWhiskeyDined on 10/25/2014Saddle room has a great atmosphere, service and food. The mixed drinks are amazing and they make them from real and fresh ingredients. The kitchen was swamped that night and they brought us free appetizers and a sample of a new salad. The food has some interesting combinations but they work well together. The chef knows what she's doing! Prices are slightly high but I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- visit # 2OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Two visits, two days, two reviews. Forgot to leave comment to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great place!foodadventuresDined on 10/18/2014We had a great evening at The Saddle Room! We ordered a couple of apps--the calamari, the meat board--that were just delicious! Several people at our table ordered the skirt steak and they all loved it. My husband got the prime rib (which I had a bite of), and it was outstanding! And my mouth is still watering at the thought of the gnocchi I had--yum! This place is perfect for a special occasion, a light dinner of an appetizer and a glass of wine, and anything in between! We'll be going back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemimboDined on 10/17/2014Very interesting and adventurous food with complete lack of attitude. Amazing coffee and desserts. Had a mix of apps and they were more than enough.Special Features:
- Part good - part not so.EduardVIPDined on 10/14/2014Second visit here. First time, food was good, service poor. This time service was excellent. My pork chop entree was delicious. But my guest ordered the Hawaiian sun fish and it tasted as if it had been in the freezer too long. He didn't finish it. But he said it was probably his fault. When going to a steak place, you don't order the fish. So, if you're looking for a good meat meal, the Saddle Club could be put on your list. If you're looking for fish, try a different restaurant.
- Chicago pricing in the suburbsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed the restaurant overall but if I wanted to pay city prices, I would most certainly go to the city! 26 dollars for 2 martinis and extremely slow service is not going to have me coming back. I see why the place isn't really hopping! If the staff gave you the "wow" factor, might overlook the fact that the prices are that high. Maybe someday they will realize they are not located downtown Chicago. I'll take a pass on an otherwise nice place with tons of potential.Special Features:
- Great serviceMartiniloverVIPDined on 10/10/2014We enjoyed the food at The Saddle Room and the service was excellent. However, we felt it was pricey. We would have been more adventurous with our choice of entree, but other entrees were too pricey to experiment. There also was a smokey smell throughout the restaurant from the indoor fireplace.Special Features:
- Beyond DisappointedCindyJVIPDined on 10/8/2014This was our second visit and it may be our last. The place was empty, so I expected decent service. It was worse than at a busy restaurant. First, our waiter seemed put-off when I asked questions about the menu, e.g., I asked if the cheese in the pasta was really cheesy:coated in cheese vs just highlight. He says "it cheese. what do you expect." I got a glass of wine. I asked them to choose based on mentioning types I like and don't like. The wine was just OK. I expected $9/$10. The 1 glass was $20! Husband asked if his lasagna came with garlic bread. Waiter said no. Once our food came, we asked another server if there was table bread. She said of course and brought it out. Apparently our waiter cold not be bothered.Special Features:
- Great on all accountsnoteasilyimpressedDined on 10/8/2014Everything was excellent, with high points being the service (Alex), the food (of which we over-indulged), and the drinks (great martinis, shaken at your table). We will be back...repeatedly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have been a hidden gem...yumoryuckDined on 10/4/2014Locating the Saddle Room is frustrating as the restaurant is located in a business park type of streets and parking lots. Although there is signage to many businesses, not so for the restaurant. Even the restaurant did not have a sign, we found it by using deduction. No valet and very parked up. That said the buildings exterior and interior lead us to believe this is going to be worth the treasure hunt and must be great due to the crowded parking. The background noise is so loud that it highly annoyed many in our part of 9. The menu which seemed intriguingly different from any suburban restaurant. So we all looked forward to a gastronomic pleasure. The food at best, eh! Bar serves wonderful cocktails. After a 2nd try I give this a YUKSpecial Features:
- LylaDined on 10/4/2014We were greeted right away. We didn't wait at all at the front entrance. The atmosphere is very cozy and romantic. Our waiter was very nice, he made us feel home. I enjoyed my food vey much. I know you advertise flat bread however what you guys are making is not plat bread.Special Features:
- Cozy and relaxingElizabethDined on 10/3/2014I love this restaurant! The food is great and I love that their menu changes throughout the year. The fire pit is perfect for drinks and appetizers. They even have a handful vegetarian options for us. We also enjoy going into their wine room for the larger wine list. Great place for all occasions and a perfect place for the cold nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saddle RoomDebbieVIPDined on 10/3/2014I went with my sister for my birthday and she has some food allergies. We had a great meal and they made sure that we were well taken care of. My sister now wants to go back for her birthday dinner is a couple of weeks.Special Features:
- Group LeaderGroupHost1Dined on 10/3/2014Our group said lunch was tasty and the waiter was excellent. We loved the atmosphere both inside and out, however the portions were smaller than expected and smaller than similar restaurants in the area at the same price range. After work...The patio is where our group heads to enjoy happy hour and the scenic view of the prairie but there are not enough light food options. So our group has a couple of drinks and goes elsewhere for dinner, because we are looking for less expensive dinner options. Please consider adding, a couple of less expensive items to the menu, so that our group doesn't have to go somewhere else to eat a light dinner and leave your beautiful patio?Special Features:
- Disappointing FoodAndyVIPDined on 9/30/2014Great ambience and no complaints about the service. Got here late on a week night. Service was fine and got our food quickly. Unfortunately my wife's Ahi Tuna Salad had 5 very small bite sizes pieces of tuna. Should have never been served to us, especially an entree salad at $18.95. My Jambalaya had very little "meat" in it, just a few random skinny slices of sausage and the cream sauce was overpowering. Loved the atmosphere, so maybe stop back for a drink on a nice night as they have a great outdoor patio.
- Applause to the waiter!LoopDinerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Had to wait a bit to get waited on. We requested a different table hostess honored our request, it turns out it was unmanned . As I was getting ready to go up to the hostess stand, a waiter came over and asked if we have been waited on "as it appears that you have nothing at your table". He stepped up to the plate and made what was going to become a bad experience a great evening. If he had words with the hostess I am sure they were nicer than what I was going to deliver to her. Incidentally this is the second time I've dined here and might have been the last if it wasn't for the waiter. The food on both occasions was superb. The first time no incidents thus the second visit to celebrate Mom's 77th, and she loved the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as usualhungry1217Dined on 9/26/2014We came on a Friday night when the weather was beautiful. I love the huge outdoor patio, fireplaces, just an overall inviting space. The specialty drinks are some of the best I've ever had and you'd be hard pressed to find any better in the suburbs. We started out with the hummus platter which was black bean, jalapeno, and beet blue cheese. I don't like beets or blue cheese and still loved it. Next course, we had the pablano japalpeno cheesecake salad. Kudos to the chef – amazing! Next course – the prime pizza which has prime rib and sunny egg and is something we can’t seem to come to Saddle Room and not get. Finally for dessert, we had the cherry berry bread pudding with pistachio & avocado ice cream. We can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- RickyDined on 9/20/2014This was our 3rd or 4th time visiting and we loved it! The food is delicious and unique. The service has always been good. We will continue to dine here.Special Features:
- A new favorite!ChicagoAnnVIPDined on 9/20/2014A lovely outdoor dining area; we enjoy it very much. Also, the menu is creative and will not disapoint.Special Features:
- Good but not greatDustymVIPDined on 9/19/2014The atmosphere is good a little noisy though. Our waiter was very friendly and polite. However, the food was pretty average, nothing special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Open LateDaveDined on 9/18/2014I think the highlight is the creative food at a suburban restaurant that is open late, most chef inspired restaurants close at 10pm in the suburbs which tends to make later dining rushed, that is not true at the Saddle room.Special Features:
- Nice find, will try againFoodWineLoverDined on 9/17/2014The menu was very interesting and had lots of good choice; the wine list although small had some great choices, I think we were only shown a small portion of what they really had to offer. Service was adequate which surprised me given they weren't that busy, but it was somewhat loud in there so that may have been the issue. I am in that area frequently so I plan to give them another try.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/16/2014Menu is one of the most diverse you will ever find. Food was decent but serices pace was a little slow especially with alot of open tables.Special Features:
- Loved it!JanJohnDined on 9/13/2014Food, service and atmosphere were all great. It felt a little upscale and that's certainly needed in this area. I would not recommend the Saddle Room for children or families, however. It seemed more adult oriented, which was fine with us. The interior is certainly a pleasant surprise compared with the rustic exterior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvagoodmealDined on 9/12/2014They have the best food. Unique menu and drinks. Service was excellent. Fridays the chef does a tasting of a unique dish everyone gets to try before you get your dinner. Last time it was a salad and this time it was an appetizer. We got a complimentary dessert due to celebrating my friend's pregnancy. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeHollyDined on 9/6/2014We have been here twice and both times were very enjoyable. We like the theme of the saddle club, very cute. The food and drinks we had at dinner were great! We will go back again.Special Features: