The Saddle Room
2559 Pratum Ave.
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Saddle Room
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thesaddleroomrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (847) 645-7500
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10:00am to 10:00pm
Monday thru Thursday 11:00am to 12:00am
Friday & Saturday 11:00am to 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from The Saddle Room
The Saddle Room offers an American Eclectic menu that changes with each season. Whether in one of our three dining rooms, lounge, wine bar, or track room, you are assured of a great experience. So relax and enjoy the upbeat atmosphere, friendly service, and most of all the unique Gastronomy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Saddle Room - Best Restaurants in Hoffman Estates ›
The Saddle Room reviews from OpenTable diners
124 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (73)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (62)special occasion (61)romantic (46)notable wine list (43)neighborhood gem (31)scenic view (23)vibrant bar scene (23)hot spot (18)late-night find (15)great for lunch (15)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (7)Show More
- Saddle RoomPatriciaBDined on 6/7/2014I love the Saddle room with 1 exception..the Kentucky Derby. We waited over an hour for drinks and did not get the ones we ordered. Sent them back and waited 35 minutes for it to be corrected. We did get billed for the wrong drinks and spent time getting that fixed. Waited almost an hour and 10 minutes for our food. Staff was very apologetic but it did not make up for the atrocious wait times! Would never do the Kentucky Derby again but I do like the saddle room. Hummus is the best I have ever had!!!Even on non event days your service is slow. Server Steve is always outstanding..we did not get out server to our table so after 15 minutes, he came over and helped us even tho we were not assigned to him. He knows customer service!Special Features:
- Took a gamblePalatineprimcessDined on 6/7/2014Went to bet the Belmont, but got so much more. Friendly crowd and service people. Excellent food. Who ever built this place was right on the money.Special Features:
- Nice Place but Service is Terrible!km44Dined on 6/7/2014Took forever to get drinks. We ordered drinks and food at the same time...The food actually came first and we had to remind the server that we never got our drinks. Then the bill came out and they split it for us (very nice) then took both credit cards and only charged one of them. Very annoying. It took 30 minutes just to get the bill, fix the bill, and pay after we were finished eating. They were in no rush to have us leave, that's for sure!Special Features:
- Great patio & food,terrible serviceAimersDined on 6/6/2014I've been to The Saddle Room on a few previous occasions and never had an issue with the service but it was terrible this last time. Took a half hour just to get a drink and then after an hour we had to ask to place our dinner order. We had tickets for a movie but after spending 2 hours trying to have dinner, we ended up late and missing the beginning. I would go back since the food is good and I like the ambiance, just not during their busy times when it seems they have issues handling the rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulWhere2NextDined on 6/6/2014Love this place. It has a very interesting menu and the food is amazing. I love to bring people here for drinks and/or dinner. The cocktail list is fun and the wine list is perfect. The Off Track Betting room is a bonus and we try to stop in for at least a little while to give our luck a chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbKrona64Dined on 6/6/2014Always a very fun place to visit. The food is interesting and prepared individually to order. Very nice presentations. It is all backed by some of the best table service in the far NW suburbs. Well trained and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected FindHolliVIPDined on 6/4/2014From the name and the exterior, we expected a steak place serving all-American fare. We were pleasantly surprised by the innovative offerings and the extensive wine list. The atmosphere was both rustic and comfortable. The outside deck looks inviting. The wait staff is enthusiastic and knowledgeable. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- hit or miss on the foodNixMacDined on 6/4/2014Loved the unique ingredients on the menu. Food was okay and disappointing at same time. We had the meat board appetizer which was great for the marmalade and the duck bacon, the crostini was hard as a rock/bland. The supposed french pate was tasteless and you would have never known it was pate of anything. Too much mayo or stretched too far. I had the skirt steak which tasted okay but the real insult was that it was over tenderized into mush. Duck was so tough it could not be chewed despite being served med rare. Served bread was good. Dessert was coarse vanilla pudding with sliced bananas on top. Led to believe it would be banana flavored brulee which it was NOT. Yuck. $17 for a glass of German wine? Won't be back.Special Features:
- Excellent upscale restaurantfirsttimeDined on 6/3/2014Attentive, friendly service; great food, including imaginative ways to prepare vegetables; outdoor dining panorama is breathtakingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceDavidDined on 5/30/2014The service and food is outstanding. The NY steak was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014Beautiful. Great..Great Food! Outstanding Ambiance! I'm very very critical of restaurants. ..to a fault. This place is in my top two! I recommend it to everyone for any occasion or just a casual dinner! Impressive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous patio yummy food!EricaDined on 5/29/2014What a gem! Great view and yummy cocktails! Food is unique and delish. Fun, engaging, helpful servers. Fireplaces inside and out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect NightFoodie62Dined on 5/25/2014Great place to meet friends and have dinner. We sat outside in comfortable chairs and couches enjoying cocktails while sitting by a beautiful fire. We were then seated at out table and had a wonderful dinner. The staff couldn't of been nicer and the lamb chops were probably the best I have ever had. A must try for foodies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saddle Room is always a treatDeeGeeDined on 5/24/2014Great food, wonderful patio dining, extremely friendly service, great ambience. We love the Saddle Room!Special Features:
- Best Cocktails in the Burbs!!!EmmaPiesMomVIPDined on 5/23/2014If you're looking for a romantic place for drinks this is it. The romantic fireplaces mixed with the delicious cocktails will make you look like a pro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Foodfun2dineDined on 5/23/2014The apple cheese salad and gnocci were delicious. My husband enjoyed his steak too. Just a bit too dark.Special Features:
- not the usual service/foodDeborahVIPDined on 5/21/2014I've been to the Saddle room several times before, and the service and food was very good. This time was highly disappointing. The service went from a beginning " hurry up and put in your order" to " can someone find our server". The food was just mediocre. I brought people in for a business dinner who were from Canada, and I doubt they would return. I will try another time, since past experience was good. But if I experienced a repeat, I would cross this place off of my list.
- Great!RichardDined on 5/19/2014We have eaten here several times and each time it has been better. Good soups and appetizers along with some of the best burgers in the state. They have a great outdoor area to eat and enjoy the day. The service is really slow most the time so don’t expect a quick bite.Special Features:
- Perfect place for Graduation meal.YummyoneDined on 5/18/2014We came here to eat after a high school graduation. The staff was very friendly and excellent at explaining some of the dishes on the menu. The wine list was extensive. Our party of 7 was very happy with everything that we ordered. (The Prime Pizza in particular was a big hit!) We also enjoyed the fact that we were not rushed through the meal and were able to enjoy the special occasion. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Nice finddatenightDined on 5/17/2014My wife and I were going to meet another couple that night but they had to back out so we decided to go anyway as a "date night". We didn't really know this restaurant was there until then. We were sat in an away room, away from all the TV's and bar, so we could have a more romantic dinner. The service was great and the food was unique and obviously the chef was personalizing the appetizers and entrees. Not that your found we will come more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful ExperienceSaturdayGourmetVIPDined on 5/17/2014Great food, good service, unique memu offerings, all in a different but pleasureable setting combined to make a very enjoyable evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmospherboneeaVIPDined on 5/15/2014Fun to eat and play a little bit. The outdoor area and fireplace is great.Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureTrureviewVIPDined on 5/14/2014Really nice experience at the Saddle Room. We chose the Saddle Room for a work celebration for 7. The service was very friendly but a little sparse. Not terribly busy at lunch time. One complaint, the music was too loud! We could not hold a conversation without almost yelling. The food was imaginative and really good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dark and noisy but great food!astahrDined on 5/11/2014We have been here a few times and will keep going back but they need to turn up the lights first!! Have to use flashlight app for any hope of seeing your menu--and since it's such an inventive menu-you want to take some time reading all the interesting food combinations! Server was great at first-very friendly, but then kind of dropped out. One meal was unsatisfactory and the rest of the group had finished eating their entire meal before his new meal was served. to their credit-they comped the meal and a glass of wine--which is exactly what they should have done. We will keep going back-menu is so interesting and food and cocktails are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch Not the BestFab4fanDined on 5/11/2014They didn't seem equipped to manage brunch. The food tasted good but the lines were terribly inefficient. The person at the omelette station also had to manage the waffle station, carvery, etc. The waitstaff basically had to serve drinks and coffee and you waited a long time for service. Management seemed clueless about the situation. I've had good dinner service here - Sunday brunch, not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food and outdoor patiokitkatDined on 5/10/2014We love the Turf Room in North Aurora so we decided to drive up to try the Saddle Room. It was fantastic! A similar menu with a few distinct twists. We LOVED the outdoor patio! The food was fantastic. We will be back!Special Features:
- Always great!!FoodFanaticDined on 5/3/2014I love The Saddle Room's creative dishes. The chef is truly talented. Our server Alex was fantastic!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first experiencefirstvisit25Dined on 5/3/2014when we arrived the hostess was not very welcoming. We were not allowed to get a drink in the bar as we waited for our table. The menu items were overpriced, I ordered a strawberry daiqeri it was the smallest ever with 3 large ice cubes that took up the whole glass. The price we paid for this item was not worth it. Overall our experience was not good and we will not return.
- what a great pleasant surpriseJuanDined on 5/2/2014I took my wife this restaurant to enjoy a quiet evening without the kids. It was great in that we had a more adult setting around us. We love kids, but once in a while it is nice to go to a place minus all the families and kids. - the rib eye steak was fantastic - however, it was the fall off the bone ribs that BLEW us away. These were as good as the finest ribs we had the the best fine dining restaurant in Mazatlan, Mexico. The flourless chocolate cake was a great way to top things off. During the meal, I enjoyed an excellent Malbec and my wife had a delicious blueberry mojito. We will be bringing friends here when they visit from CA in July.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable gastropub mixologyYummmmmDined on 4/29/2014I live the bacon infused whiskey. The Duck Confit Gnocchi was amazing!! In the past I've had the apple salad and Mac n cheese. Love the atmosphere and outdoor fireplace with tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2014Everything about it was perfect in my opinion. Second time dining here and food was exceptional as always. Server happened to be the same one as our prior visit. Definitely would recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been a couple of timesDadoftwoVIPDined on 4/20/2014Nice place , food very good ,a bit pricey though, but remember your in or near South Barrington. Now that the weather is getting better, outside is the place to be. Service is very friendly
- So Excited!!FoodyDined on 4/20/2014Love this restaurant and can't wait to go back!!! What a great atmosphere and the music was AMAZING!!!!Special Features:
- I had a delicious chocolateFine2VIPDined on 4/13/2014I had a delicious chocolate Martini , filled up to the top, wow. I had a COBE beef burger , my husband had the tuna BLT yum yum Great quality food and service. Worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great drink selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014The Saddle Room was a great find that my wife and I made when looking for a date night spot. It had very good food. We both enjoyed their steaks and shared in some nice side dishes as well. Their drink list was amazing! I was presented with many brews that I had never heard of, which is nice compared to the stereotypical offerings of other restaurants. Overall, I gave this restaurant a 5 star rating due to their great atmosphere and good food. I would highly recommend this place to those looking for an upscale (in price) place for dinner. A little on the expensive side, but great on the food and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saddle Room is a hidden gemBKdiningDined on 4/12/2014Restaurant is not within view from busy main streets, which is a shame. It has a welcoming fireplace in the center, surrounded by dining tables. There is a outstanding outdoor section with comfortable seating. We had the Filet Mignon, which was prepped to perfection. The wait staff was very friendly and accommodated us with everything we asked for. We will return.Special Features:
- Bartender bluesLuvitDined on 4/10/2014I brought my girlfriends here for the great bar & Martini's. We were do disappointed in the attitude & service of our bartenders. It wasn't even busy. Ed was the 1st bartender and Another man stepped in I assume to help but both were Unpleasant .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VegtablesDeKayDined on 4/5/2014All food was very well prepared, I am a vegetarian and loved the optionsSpecial Features:
- Best steak I've had in quiteDutchDined on 4/5/2014Best steak I've had in quite sometime. In my top 5 of steaks I've ever eaton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/4/2014Portions were a little small but the quality of the food is very good.Special Features: