The Roycroft Inn
40 South Grove Street
East Aurora, NY 14052Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Roycroft Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.roycroftinn.com/
- Phone: 7166525552x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:30am, Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Nuernberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The completely refurbished Roycroft Inn and restaurant is ideal for your meetings, seminars, retreats or special occasion dinners. Hubbard Hall seats up to 120 people, The Library can accommodate 45 people. Several other rooms can be used for small functions up to 30 people. An entire Inn event can comfortably accommodate up to 200 guests. Our conference coordinator is dedicated to helping you create an event that will leave a lasting impression upon your guests. Whether it is audio visual equipment rentals, entertainment, music flowers or a theme event, our staff will work to ensure that every detail is meticulously planned.
- Private Party Contact: David Majka 7166525552x224
- Entertainment: The Roycroft Inn features Friday night jazz, classical Sunday brunch, Acoustic Sunday Evenings, seasonal specialty dinners, wine pairing evenings and select music events. Please check our website for upcoming events, www.roycroftinn.com
A word from The Roycroft Inn
Dine amongst Arts and Crafts history at the beautifully restored Roycroft Inn, a national historic landmark. The Roycroft Inn features an artisan inspired menu highlighting regional and seasonal foods. Our Chef uses many locally produced ingredients in the preparation of this contemporary menu with daily special creations. The Sunday brunch was voted the best in the area by Buffalo Spree magazine and Zagat Survey has named the Roycroft Inn “best bang for your buck.” . In addition The Roycroft Inn's Sunday brunch has been rated in the top 100 brunches in the United States for the last two years by Open Table diners.There is fireside dining during the winter months and outdoor dining on the peristyle in the summer. Ambiance is casual elegance. Located within 30 minutes of the Buffalo/Niagara Airport and steps away from local ski resorts.Continued
Dinner selections range from $16-$35, lunch from $7-$15,
Sunday Buffet Brunch from $24.00
Dinner selections range from $16-$35, lunch from $7-$15,
Sunday Buffet Brunch from $24.00
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Roycroft Inn - Best Restaurants in East Aurora ›
The Roycroft Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (90)special occasion (87)romantic (70)neighborhood gem (55)great for brunch (54)great for lunch (52)good for groups (44)fit for foodies (41)scenic view (41)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014A great dining experience. I would recommend to anyone looking for a special evening out. The food was beyond supreme deliciousness. Best duck I ever had. Service was #1.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014Excellent in every way, service, food and overall atmosphere. Every visit is a pleasure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but not great.NonFoodieDined on 9/14/2014Maybe our expectations were too high, but we left feeling a little disappointed. The atmosphere was good, the staff was very professional and friendly, and the string quartet was a joy to hear. (I loved their rendition of the theme from "The Magnificent Seven.") What left us wanting was the quality of the food. There was nothing that really impressed us. At the carving station, the ham was rubbery and the flank steak was overcooked and dry. Everything else was, for the most part, the same quality of food that you'd expect from a Embassy Suites breakfast bar. (Exception..the garlic egg burritos were quite tasty.) We had heard great things of this place, but it turned out to be just so-so.Special Features:
- Leroy1961Dined on 9/13/2014Nice atmosphere, great food, all with the historical setting for your dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome againbull90joeDined on 9/7/2014It was another awesome brunch ! We love going to the Roycroft ! It is always so friendly and warm and inviting. And we met Krista formerly of Curley's in LA -- what a steal that was !! She is awesome and we will be back !!Special Features:
- pattyfinedinerfoodieDined on 9/2/2014Most meat/seafood was very good. Not enough thought given to vegetables (steamed broccoli and a terrible potato which had been mashed then covered with a crust and possibly deep fried. The potato was dry. It could have been frozen prior to it's final prep to the table.) Lamb chops were tough although presented as ordered (medium-medium rare). Other meat (steaks) were very good. Wait staff was excellent. Bar drinks tasted great! We would return again in hopes that Chef will become proficient in the vegetable dept. Meals were expensive.One always hopes everything on one's plate is superior for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasureManhattanDined on 8/30/2014It was a great meal that we will always remember. Food was great a very nice patioI would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night favoritedatenight2Dined on 8/30/2014We have been to the Roycroft many times for special occasions (our anniversary, weddings), and have never been disappointed. The wait staff is always wonderful and the food is delicious. Our favorite part about dining there in the summer is sitting on the Peristyle-beautiful and very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceDJ123Dined on 8/29/2014We dine here a few x/year & expect a fine dining experience, esp outdoors on the porch in summer. Recently quite variable. This evening service esp. disappointing. E.g. server never poured champagne after opening the btl. The glass table top was absolutely soaked from the ice bucket water. I don't mind leisurely service, but we were there 2 hrs for just apps, service was so inattentive. Server was attending to others so I wonder if it was bec. we only ordered drinks & apps. I could not find a manager to provide this feedback. I suspect a self fulfilling prophecy - expect cheap tip so give lousy service that guarantees small tip. Way to go! Not what I expected for a special evening out.Special Features:
- Two Sisters and Their Sister-in-LawPeriStyleDined on 8/25/2014My sister and I look forward each summer to our little tradition of treating ourselves to a summer lunch on the Peristyle. This year we had the pleasure of a second visit for lunch when we treated our sister-in-law to lunch to celebrate her 50th birthday on Monday, August 2, 2014. The day was picture perfect summer weather for dining on the peristyle. The meals were delicious and our waitress was very accommodating, giving us plenty of time for a casual, relaxing lunch. Overall, my sister-in-law was thrilled with her first dining experience at The Roycroft!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food prepOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014the food presentation was nice. the stations were spaced for ease of movement .the prep staff at the stations were very good .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect summer afternoonWNYAmateurDined on 8/23/2014Beautiful day to be on the porch, between the front gardens and the courtyard. Lunch options are extensive and imaginative. Don't miss the shrimp/lobster bisque, but don't order more than a cup, or even share - it's rich & intense! If the weather forces you inside, the architecture and the furniture is an equally delightful experience. Hope to go back soon an an evening when they have music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxing, delicious lunchsuperlunchDined on 8/19/2014I live in Medina and my aunt lives in East Aurora. I wish this restaurant was closer to me. I loved absolutely everything about it. The atmosphere was so beautiful, the waiter was very pleasant and capable, and the food was delicious, especially the frozen strawberry margherita? pie. I will probably bring my family back for a birthday celebration in September.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!LindaniDined on 8/17/2014I had never been to the Roycroft Inn before but had friends recommend it. Now, I recommend it too. We ate outside with a beautiful view of the gardens. The food was wonderful and the service perfect - attentive without being intrusive. I definitely plan to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Brunch was outstanding! Very reasonable price for the amount and kinds of food offered. So good! Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as I'd hopedReggieDined on 8/17/2014We had a party of 4 with reservations at 10 a.m. for brunch. It seemed like the staff couldn't get the whole thing together. No one was at the Hostess Stand when we arrived, and once we were seated , the food was not all out in the serving containers. For example, the French Toast was there, but no syrup. The soup was labeled incorrectly, several dishes were cold because no sternos were lit beneath them, the food stations were not all manned. By the time we went back for the items we wanted, the lines were too long. The String Quartet was lovely and the desserts scrumptious, but overall, we agreed that we would not be inclined to return for the brunch. Their regular weekday breakfast is delicious and served well for half the cost.Special Features:
- Excellent!LeaSmith8Dined on 8/16/2014My boyfriend and I went to The Roycroft Inn for dinner on a pleasant Saturday evening. It was truly a great experience from the service to the food! We were sat immediately and were taken care of by all of the staff in a timely manner. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful, as well. We enjoyed our soups (French Onion and Broccoli), appetizer (stuffed peppers) and our meals (Chicken and Stuffed Atlantic Flounder) very much! They also served us freshly baked bread with butter, which was amazing. Our overall experience at the Roycroft Inn was simply wonderful and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great restaurant with great service.Special Features:
- Wonderful discoverylizzyDined on 8/15/2014A friend recommended - we liked so much, we returned five days later when we were in the area again. Looking forward to another visit.Special Features:
- Great wedding aniversaryroseandmeDined on 8/14/2014Had a wonderful time on our anniversary --- Drinks were on the house --- I had the lamb, the wife the lobster --- both were fabulous --- will return again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful!anneDined on 8/9/2014we wanted to get a feel for the historic roy croft inn and this was the next best thing to sleeping in a room here! we were seated on the porch and had a lovely time examining the architecture. the food was very good, and atmosphere perfect!Special Features:
- East Aurora afternoongeosoozDined on 8/8/2014A group of five, including a two year old granddaughter, came for lunch on a Friday. We had crepes, quiche, salad, and chicken fingers and were seated on the veranda. Everything was delicious and it was a perfect day for outdoor dining. They brought a kid's menu and coloring page with crayons for the toddler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly innovativefreshlively4uDined on 8/5/2014A thoughtful menu with unique twists, yet not weird. Great quality, nicely presented and excellent preparationsSpecial Features:
- So beautiful!IluvEARCDined on 8/5/2014I love to come to East Aurora and the Roycroft Inn. The town is so quaint and the Roycroft is so beautiful. It is a special treat to dine at the Roycroft and to enjoy the delicious food, the historic Inn and the gorgeous grounds. It feels like you are going back in time. I enjoyed eating lunch on the lovely porch this summer and we stayed for 3 hours! Definitely one of my favorite places to come.Special Features:
- Expected MoreLovetotrynewplacesDined on 8/4/2014After all the hype around lunch I took a vacation day and went to lunch. Server took over 5 minutes to get our drink order. Bar drinks were excellent. Bread was excellent, we thought we were in for a treat based on these two initial parts of the experience. French Onion Soup was "ok" based on my friends review. My Shrimp and Lobster bisque was lackluster. I've had better at a Hospital Diner. We told server after her long awaited return that it wasn't great. She did not offer any solutions or suggestions to replace. The special was amazing according to my friend. The other friend and I both got Jerk chicken with fries. The chicken was ok, the fries were cold. Not enough "jerk" in the chicken. I won't be in a hurry to return for lunch.Special Features:
- Birthday TreatednakkDined on 8/3/2014Introduced my sister to the Roycroft Inn for her birthday; a day later she text'd me with "Coveting Roycroft"! So glad she, her husband and friends enjoyed the experience, signed, a Roycroft regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014We love the trip to dine for Sunday brunch, but...a fruit fly floating in my water was a little upsetting, (taken care of by Rita), and the a/c was a problem, but they did their best to lessen it on our feet. Many empty food dishes at the buffet. Overall, still worth the 70 miles!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dinnerDidiPerfectDined on 8/2/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our summer dinner on the wide stone verandah of the Roycroft Inn. The service was friendly and professional and the food was lovely - especially the lobster bisque and the crab cakes. Very thoughtful to offer diners the option of a desert "sliver" to close the meal. Look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in a wonderful locationAtticusFinchDined on 7/27/2014Rarely do I give a review and most certainly do not rate all aspects of the dining experience 'outstanding', but I have done so here. The wait staff, Sue, was wonderful - always anticipating our needs before we asked - but left us alone to enjoy the brunch. The food was beyond delicious and the time on the porch was just perfect. What a wonderful time we had! The price was a bargain for such well prepared and presented food. Had a great time and cannot wait to return - even though Texas is a far piece to drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticHappycoupleDined on 7/23/2014Have not been disappointed in 18 years of anniversary dinners! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a day trip lunchbd75thDined on 7/23/2014was most favorably impressed with lunch at The Roycroft Inn---a wonderful way to begin an afternoon of touring the campus, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Hostess was most welcoming. Sitting on the veranda was so relaxing and "romantic". Took us back a couple of centuries. Loved watching the birds bathing in the natural stone birdbath. Would like to bring a book and sit the afternoon away. Food was okay, but not outstanding. Corned beef on Reuben was more like a "cold cut type of meat" Bread was great. French fries limp. Waiter must have had too many tables to handle since he seemed preoccupied and missed in handling requests. Service was slow, but who really cared since we were enjoying being out on the veranda. Would not have wanted speedy service. Sliver dessert menu great idea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 36th Anniversary DinnerBruceEDined on 7/19/2014Friendly accommodating staff, beautiful decor and architecture, waitress extremely personal and attentive. My wife ordered the filet of beef tenderloin: was very satisfied and happy with her meal. I ordered the Copper Salmon Special a seasonal once-a-year fish. I got excited since I enjoy Salmon and have a scoring system. I rated the Salmon a 5 out of 10 though. Presentation: excellent (both dishes), Taste: only fair with a tacky chew. Possibly overcooked. Low Score: because it did not melt in my mouth or have an exquisite taste. It was bland so I had to add some lemon to help it. I would not order the Salmon again but we will go back and try other dishes. For me, I expect a $78 (meal + tip) to be at least a 9-10 rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special OcassionDaisyDined on 7/17/2014The atmosphere of the Roycroft is unique. We were there to celebrate a birthday and had a great time. We enjoyed a relaxed lunch, had a good chat and laugh ... were in the restaurant three and half hours and felt comfortable and welcome all the time.Special Features:
- GrAmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014This is one of our favorite places for special occasions. It is a beautiful dwelling for staying overnight and the front porch dining is great. It was a bit breezy the night we were there so we chose to eat inside, still a very nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014Food was not as good as the last time my family all went for brunch. We had been looking forward to this as it was outstanding the last time we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Summer EveningLJZ1Dined on 7/12/2014Dinner outside on the patio in the beautiful Roycroft Inn, overlooking the garden, was terrific. Service is always excellent, and the wild salmon special was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OsdineDined on 7/12/2014The setting and atmosphere are hard to beat with very friendly, attentive service. The food is average, was not hot and very few specials choices. Also lacked in presentation.Special Features:
- AWESOME!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Our first time and the experience was amazing! Great service, very friendly staff, and wonderful food! We will definately return and recommend to our friends. Thanks for an enjoyable dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014We went to celebrate a birthday, a girls day. The server was great very knowledgeable about the menu. Food was wonderful and we stayed almost 3 hours. I was so nice and pleasent that we didnt want to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THE ROYCROFTshirdDined on 7/9/2014I have taken out of town guests here twice this month. I am so proud to be able to take my friends to the Roycroft. The food is always excellent as well as the service. I love the history and that I can walk to the copper and antique shops. Don't change a thing. I'll be back soon.Special Features: