The Roycroft Inn
40 South Grove Street
East Aurora, NY 14052Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Roycroft Inn
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.roycroftinn.com/
- Phone: (716) 652-5552
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 7:00am - 10:30am, Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Nuernberger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The completely refurbished Roycroft Inn and restaurant is ideal for your meetings, seminars, retreats or special occasion dinners. Hubbard Hall seats up to 120 people, The Library can accommodate 45 people. Several other rooms can be used for small functions up to 30 people. An entire Inn event can comfortably accommodate up to 200 guests. Our conference coordinator is dedicated to helping you create an event that will leave a lasting impression upon your guests. Whether it is audio visual equipment rentals, entertainment, music flowers or a theme event, our staff will work to ensure that every detail is meticulously planned.
- Private Party Contact: David Majka 7166525552x224
- Entertainment: The Roycroft Inn features Friday night jazz, classical Sunday brunch, Acoustic Sunday Evenings, seasonal specialty dinners, wine pairing evenings and select music events. Please check our website for upcoming events, www.roycroftinn.com
A word from The Roycroft Inn
Dine amongst Arts and Crafts history at the beautifully restored Roycroft Inn, a national historic landmark. The Roycroft Inn features an artisan inspired menu highlighting regional and seasonal foods. Our Chef uses many locally produced ingredients in the preparation of this contemporary menu with daily special creations. The Sunday brunch was voted the best in the area by Buffalo Spree magazine and Zagat Survey has named the Roycroft Inn “best bang for your buck.” . In addition The Roycroft Inn's Sunday brunch has been rated in the top 100 brunches in the United States for the last two years by Open Table diners.There is fireside dining during the winter months and outdoor dining on the peristyle in the summer. Ambiance is casual elegance. Located within 30 minutes of the Buffalo/Niagara Airport and steps away from local ski resorts.Continued
Dinner selections range from $16-$35, lunch from $7-$15,
Sunday Buffet Brunch from $24.00
Dinner selections range from $16-$35, lunch from $7-$15,
Sunday Buffet Brunch from $24.00
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
The Roycroft Inn - Best Restaurants in East Aurora ›
The Roycroft Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)romantic (55)neighborhood gem (52)great for outdoor dining (46)great for lunch (43)great for brunch (43)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (37)scenic view (28)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Good food, nice locationSmurakDined on 11/2/2014Treated ourselves to an overnight in the hotel so ate here for dinner and breakfast. Both good. Sunday night there was music in the bar area,which I thought would be a distraction from conversation but was actually perfect - not too loud, not too intruding.Special Features:
- DisappointinglovegreatrestaurantsDined on 11/2/2014Food was mediocre at best. Lovely structure needs to upscale brunch selections or lower price.
- Something for everyone's tastesDebDoesLoveFoodDined on 11/2/2014My family loves going to brunch. Unfortunately we do have a few picky eaters. The Roycroft always offers enough variety to satisfy everyone. The best part is the food choices change so we never have that "been there done that" feel. By the way the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Rush Back!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/2/2014I was really looking forward to a good Sunday brunch with family however this was a very disappointing experience. The selections are very limited and they stray from normal breakfast food like scrambled eggs, toast etc that many people enjoy. In addition, the wait for omelette's or anything cooked in front of you is a very long wait. Also, the service was not good. It took over a 1/2 hour to get an adult drink. Please save your money on brunch here... you are better off going to a good diner!
- FlawlessAlCathVIPDined on 10/27/2014There are never any mistakes at the Roycroft Inn. For a casual lunch, a special evening, or New Year's Eve, the inn provides exactly what's needed: great food, friendly service, good wine, all served in one of the most beautiful, authentic Craftsman settings. Lunch portions are generous. Try the lobster and shrimp bisque, the goat cheese salad; burgers and paninis are good, too. Save room for dessert, some of which are available in sliver size, a great idea for those who just want to sample. A very special place, at any time of year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodMabelooDined on 10/26/2014The Roycroft is always on top of my list for brunch. Excellent ambiance and great food.Special Features:
- Great food,poor service & hostessesJerzzzyJimDined on 10/26/2014As I stated on Yelp... After several visits I have enjoyed all of food the food. The service is mediocre, at best. Even the brunch buffet service was poor. The scowling faced, trying to ignore you hostesses are awful. They should all be replaced as they are giving this place a bad name. One more beef. I made a reservation on Open Table for last Sunday's brunch. I received my email confirmation. Then I received a phone message telling me I had to call back to confirm my reservation. I have used Open Table all over the country and never once rec'd a message requiring me to confirm by phone. When I called back I got a nasty attitude from the hostess. Like I was annoying her.
- NOT UP TO USUAL STANDARDSKEVINDined on 10/25/2014CAULIFLOWER SOUP WAS GOOD, SALAD HAD A VERY NICE VISUAL PRESENTATION AND WAS TASTY. WE BOTH ORDERED THE TROUT. MY WIFE HAD BONES THROUGHOUT IT-WE KNOW TROUT IS A 'BONEY' FISH BUT SHE NEVER HAD THAT MANY BONES -AND EATS TROUT OFTEN. THE VEG MELODY WAS BLAND. NO SPECIAL SAUCES WITH THIS MEAL. THE MENU SELECTIONS/CHOICES WERE LIMITED AND NOT UP TO YOUR USUAL 'WOW' FOR RESTAURANT WEEK. THE DESERET-CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE WAS EXCELLENT.Special Features:
- Nikki MikosNikkiDined on 10/24/2014We had a great time. The food was amazing. The waitress and bus help were very attentive to our needs. About the food again, although it was fancy, it was not too rich. It was very delicious and I would so recommend this to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuroraDined on 10/24/2014The place itself is beautiful, offers nice atmosphere. The staff was kind and courteous. The filet was a little disappointing. I would go again, but I would try something else for dinner.Special Features:
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014I like my food hotter. I had the pork and it was lukewarm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going BackcrispyDined on 10/22/2014We made a reservation for three - when we got their we were told that open table shouldn't have let us make a reservation for three because they kitchen closes at three to set up for dinner service. The hostess explained they could only give us App. menu - We were fine with that because were were only going for lunch anyways- the server was fantastic, the food was excellent! The dinning room was empty but they did not hurry us out - they even told us we could stay as long as we wanted. With the service and the quality of food we will be going back for dinner next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousKneedraggerDined on 10/21/2014My girlfriend and I stopped in for a nice dinner, and we were both very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Class actOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Celebrated daughter's birthday and was very happy with our meal. Lobster tail was sweet and moist. Lamb chops and root vegetables were perfectly cooked. A delicious meal in a classy setting,Special Features:
- perfect brunchkamnakDined on 10/19/2014This restaurant and inn is beautiful and historic. The food is delicious, fresh, and beautifully presented. Service is friendly and attentive. I can't wait to go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...lovetoeatinbuffaloDined on 10/19/2014We went for brunch, had a reservation for 4 of us, got there and the hostess was in our face rude. She took us to our table and then decided we had to have a different one and made us wait while she put a six seater down to a four. There were 6 other tables for four available but she made a big deal about it. Our waitress was great. Food was good brunch food. Atmosphere is wonderful.Special Features:
- Group dinner for 8 peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Wonderful evening, excellent menu and dinner, outstanding service and very friendly staff. Wedding on at same time but we felt special in spite of it. Noise level not too high for all. We have been bringing groups (8 - 50) for 10+ years using the expertise of Clare Root and Melissa, and have always wanted to return. Many thanks, David Mennill, Pauwels Travel Bureau.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014food was OK- a bit overpriced for what you get. Coffee was terrible- weak and cold, tasted like tea. noisy environment. room was cold- had to wear a jacket. Not a good representative place for Roycroft.Special Features:
- Charming spotLd1128Dined on 10/11/2014The Roycroft never disappoints. Romantic, charming spot with good food. It's more of an old fashioned comfort food menu. Heavy on the meat and seafood. Maybe a few vegetarian dishes would modernize the menu. It's a special occasion spot so maybe the traditional menu is fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedEastAuroraGalDined on 10/10/2014Too much going on the night we were there and not enough servers. Our romantic anniversary dinner was a bit disappointing due to a rushed server (she had several large tables). Our dinners lacked seasoning and came to our table luke-warm and the vegetables could of cooked for a bit longer. Our dessert came after our 2nd cup of coffee. I ordered a lemon sorbet, expecting a small dish. It came in a large sundae glass - too much!! I've been to the Roycroft many other times, but this was the first (and last) for my husband. His biggest complaint was the instant mashed potato and too much stuffing with the fish and lack of seasoning. I'll stick to my luncheons at this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls day outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Made specific request to be seated near a window as one person on our party is visually impaired. Our table was at a window overlooking a lovely garden. Server Rita was very nice and attentive. Food was good but the star of the afternoon was the architecture of TheRoycroft. Just beautiful and the staff couldn't have been more anxious to answer questions and tell us about the history of the Inn. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and servicejohnDined on 10/8/2014We had the lobster risotto and Pork shank, both were very good. I have to recommend the inn Chips with truffle and smoked blue cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingReggieDined on 10/7/2014We were seated in a cozy corner. Our server was delightful and the food was delicious. The dessert "sliver" portions are the perfect size and completed the taste experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceDianeDined on 10/5/2014Dining at the Roycroft is something everyone should do at least once in their life. The restored Inn and surrounding campus is walk back in history. We had a party of eight for brunch. The selection and quality of the food was excellent. Our service staff couldn't have been more helpful. Our. waitress Rita was wonderful, she seemed to be when needed but not overbearing. I look forward to many trips back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jeweleeDined on 10/5/2014Had a great time - love to visit East Aurora. Food was great. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDinaDinerDined on 10/2/2014My out of town aunts like to come here for lunch several times per year. I don't really understand why because the service is always slow, especially after you've finished your meal and are waiting for your check. On this particular visit, the food (that is supposed to be hot) was lukewarm to cool. Aunt #1 ordered a crepe with a fruity topping and the topping was so cold it was partially congealed. Aunt #2 & I had pork tenderloin that was room temperature. We did ask for a different crepe and they accommodated the request pleasantly, but I just don't get how a place with such a stellar reputation actually earns that reputation. p.s. A few days later I came back for a work function and again, my meal was cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointing !dap1949Dined on 9/28/2014This is not my first visit to the Roycroft , however it has been a while since I was there for dinner. First off service was to say the least non-existent ! And extremely slow, even for my party who enjoy a leisurely dinner. Note to server, you have do to more than flash a smile when taking care of dinner guests! The food was not up to par for this type of restaurant, with this price point, at least not what I remembered from past visits. Our table on the porch on a beautiful evening was by far the best part of the whole experience, but sadly I could have had that experience at home.
- A Memorable EventluvWNYDined on 9/27/2014We Could not have had a better day! The Temp was just right for outside dining on this beautiful early fall day as the leaves were starting to turn. The service was excellent, as is expected at a facility of this level, right from the greeting of the Hostess and throughout the meal. The food was good and presented very well. Living within a 2 hr drive, we come to the Roycroft about 4 times a year for either the Sunday Brunch or a late afternoon lunch and as always, we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/24/2014We loved the ambience. Servers were pleasant and helpful, but food took a long time to come. Lunch took 1 1/2 hours. Would definitely go back again and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthwhile visitBooRuppDined on 9/22/2014The Roycroft Inn is an architectural gem, and its restaurant is a very fine establishment, offering attentive service, very pleasant staff, nicely varied menu and good value. The French onion soup and shrimp/crab bisque are excellent, and the portions are generous. The only criticism I would offer is the noise level: the tables' close locations and room acoustics are such that every table's conversations are clearly audible throughout the room, which decreases the intimacy.Special Features:
- Great brunch menuLuv2dineDined on 9/21/2014We went for my friends birthday and brought my 12yr old daughter and it had food everyone could eat. There was a lot of choices and they were very friendly not only to the adults but to my daughter-asking her about her food and drink choices-even if she wanted coffee. The people at every station were friendly and helpful and the chef came over to our table to talk and thank us for coming. A very beautiful, delicious historic place to go, we will definetly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High Quality & Unique AmbianceAVBAMGVIPDined on 9/20/2014After staying at and dining at The Roycroft for 10 years, the quality of the food and service continues to be excellent at this unique Arts & Craft styled gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Dan & Noah gave great service and made our experience memorableSpecial Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceYumyumDined on 9/17/2014A great dining experience. I would recommend to anyone looking for a special evening out. The food was beyond supreme deliciousness. Best duck I ever had. Service was #1.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014Excellent in every way, service, food and overall atmosphere. Every visit is a pleasure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, but not great.NonFoodieDined on 9/14/2014Maybe our expectations were too high, but we left feeling a little disappointed. The atmosphere was good, the staff was very professional and friendly, and the string quartet was a joy to hear. (I loved their rendition of the theme from "The Magnificent Seven.") What left us wanting was the quality of the food. There was nothing that really impressed us. At the carving station, the ham was rubbery and the flank steak was overcooked and dry. Everything else was, for the most part, the same quality of food that you'd expect from a Embassy Suites breakfast bar. (Exception..the garlic egg burritos were quite tasty.) We had heard great things of this place, but it turned out to be just so-so.Special Features:
- Leroy1961Dined on 9/13/2014Nice atmosphere, great food, all with the historical setting for your dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome againbull90joeDined on 9/7/2014It was another awesome brunch ! We love going to the Roycroft ! It is always so friendly and warm and inviting. And we met Krista formerly of Curley's in LA -- what a steal that was !! She is awesome and we will be back !!Special Features:
- pattyfinedinerfoodieDined on 9/2/2014Most meat/seafood was very good. Not enough thought given to vegetables (steamed broccoli and a terrible potato which had been mashed then covered with a crust and possibly deep fried. The potato was dry. It could have been frozen prior to it's final prep to the table.) Lamb chops were tough although presented as ordered (medium-medium rare). Other meat (steaks) were very good. Wait staff was excellent. Bar drinks tasted great! We would return again in hopes that Chef will become proficient in the vegetable dept. Meals were expensive.One always hopes everything on one's plate is superior for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a pleasureManhattanDined on 8/30/2014It was a great meal that we will always remember. Food was great a very nice patioI would recommend this to a friend.