The Royal Oak - Silverado Resort
1600 Atlas Peak Road
Napa, CA 94558Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
The Royal Oak - Silverado Resort
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.silveradoresort.com/
- Phone: 7072575431x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation are Thursday - Saturday 5:30pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeffrey Jake
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: One private dining room
- Private Party Contact: Christopher Portuguez 7072575431x
A word from The Royal Oak - Silverado Resort
The best of traditional fare and a relaxing ambiance come together in this celebrated restaurant. Indulge in fine wines and stunning golf course views as our chefs prepare prime steaks and seafood in an open air kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Royal Oak - Silverado Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
- The food was wonderful andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The food was wonderful and the service was excellent. However, the evening was ruined by their stupid party. We bought the entire package, dinner and their so-called extravaganza. I had called and left about 5 messages asking about the music. It was my husband's 75th birthday and I really wanted it to be special. We are not fans of loud, rock music. I finally got in touch with the guy who was supposedly in charge and asked about the music. I told him that we liked swing, even country, even oldies up until the '60's. He told me that it was a Great Gatsby party, so I said that was '20's music, which he assured me they'd have along with other music. Very loud rock music was all they had! Ruined our evening!! I am very unhappy!!Special Features:
- Classic country club dinningwinersDined on 12/28/2013Classic country club dinning and service. Somewhat limited menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience, again...OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/19/2013Went here many times in past, but new chef, owners. Now a steak heaven with marvelous sauces and sides. Small production napa wines make it complete. Will be here again. Make sure it is open .Special Features:
- Scrumptious and delectable!!!KatHDined on 11/22/2013My husband and I decided to again stay at the Silverado while attending the Flavor Napa Valley events at the nearby Culinary Institute. We made dinner reservations at the Royal Oak. We had a table right at the window. I had a hard time trying to decide which wine to select, but remembered that during our previous stay we had tried a Rombauer Zinfandel that I enjoyed. I asked the watier about it; he sent someone around to get us a bottle! Now THAT'S service! The food was INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS and cooked to perfection. (My husband is a professional chef.) Silverado is a resort, and yes, it has that "old boy golf club" feel - but don't let that dissuade you - the food is well worth it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were seated late and ourOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013We were seated late and our dinner took for ever, there were folks tables seated after us that had the food before.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/9/2013I was greatly disappointed. the lamb was severly overcooked, and the service was much less than expected. there are so many other options available in the area. I doubt I will ever return or provide a positive recommendation.
- An excellent night outTorgDined on 10/25/2013The Royal Oaks was a great night out for us! The food was excellent - the best cut of meat we've had in some time. The sides were prepared perfectly and the sauces were excellent. The meal is a bit on the pricy side so it was not a usual night out on the town but rather more of a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wowcre8nunityDined on 10/11/2013What a way to end the trip to Napa. Chef was amazing, actually delivered our food to the table which was a great touch. Small but perfect just the way it is. A must have for someone trying to feel a little special for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingJillDined on 10/10/2013Our appetizers were very good but the beef ribs and farrow was so salty I could hardly eat it. The chocolate cake was very good. The waiter made a great recommendation for a wine.Special Features:
- Great place!MissustazDined on 9/20/2013Overall, the place was great! Food was delicious! Wonderful view of the golf course, while the sun was up. My only complaint was that it took nearly 30 minutes for our server to take our meal order. The place was half full, so I do not know why it took him so long to see that our menus were still sitting on the table. We did get our bar drinks in a timely manner...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old style eleganceSandyrkVIPDined on 8/24/2013This restaurant gets it right. It knows what it is. No fusion food here--steak, oysters, simply cooked and nicely served. Pleasant and unpretentious.Special Features:
- Not a GemIntownforWeddingVIPDined on 8/23/2013The feelings is definitely old-school country club, and that can be fun. But the menu has been left in the 1970's, too, with table-side Caesar salad preparation (that produced a really nasty, overdressed mess) and over-cooked steaks. Don't forget to order your "loaded" baked potato! :-P This would have still, all been ok if the bill hadn't been $250 for two. Great for grandma and grandpa - they'll feel safe here, and safe with the menu (as long as you hide the prices from them) - but everyone else should skip it.
- Varied selection. Very wellPeteDined on 8/17/2013Varied selection. Very well prepared. Great service. Will return next time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013The restaurant is placed within the resort. While the food was very good, I would only expect to go here if staying at the resort. The restaurant is dated, as it looks more like a space to hold a wedding reception rather than a restaurant. The view was nice, but a putting green in my opinion is nothing spectacular.Special Features:
- Greta food with a viewBandBVIPDined on 7/25/2013Very nice small country club atmosphere with good food and an outstanding view. We were a bit surprised that other guests wore shorts or jeans and flip flops. I wouldn't expect this at a Ruths Chris and they are comparably priced,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2013My family and I decided to dine here durning our last night in Napa and I'm so glad we did. The food was the best food I've ever had in my life and this is comparing to five star restaurants all over the world. The waiter was so knowledgable on the menu and was very professional. The food was pricey but it's definitely worth it! The location of the restaurant was also beautiful getting to see the silverado golf course. I would say if you are thinking about this restaurant, just go! It will be one of the best decisions of your vacation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/6/2013Food was great, atmosphere was great. View of the golf course was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food (abalone, halibutOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/8/2013Great food (abalone, halibut & swordfish)! Negatives...Hostess chewing gum. Side dishes (sauces) for entrees, not brought to the table until we where more than have way through the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine country topper!ContentSPMDined on 5/4/2013Food, service, ambiance; all of it was great! Perfect way to end a splendid day in the wine country. We would recommend it to any and all who visit the beautiful Napa Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/2/2013From atmosphere to the food to the service mpretty tough to matchSpecial Features:
- Had my birthday dinner there,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012Had my birthday dinner there, and our waiter Jimmy was excellent. He was very friendly and very helpful. He made our experience really, really nice.Special Features:
- For a resort the restaurantfrekdnrVIPDined on 12/1/2012For a resort the restaurant pricing is very fair, while it is impressive that seafood and meat options are the healthiest, sustainable available.
- As stated in the past it'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/30/2012As stated in the past it's everything you could want in a resraurantSpecial Features:
- Rooms are fit for families.GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Rooms are fit for families.Great view. Gym was great.Food was excellent at the Royal Oaks.Special Features:
- A very memorable dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012A very memorable dining experience! Incredible food and incredible service. Can't wait to go back again sometime!!Special Features:
- It's a real enjoyment andOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/8/2012It's a real enjoyment and pleasure to eat at the Oak Room. The personnal are so friendly and the service is superb. The menue is a little limited but outstanding.Real enjoymentSpecial Features:
- A little stuffy for my tasteSFDinerDined on 8/10/2012Crab fritter were too creamy for me, I like more crab. Country salad was good, really like the fact that it did not have arugula (overused). My filet was good, needed salt and soy dipping sauce. Really good Mica Cab 2008. For the price I'd go somewhere else next time. Nice view of the golf course. I guess this is good for the convenience of not driving; and you can enjoy a drink or two.
- We live here at scc and enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2012We live here at scc and enjoy all the royal has to offerSpecial Features:
- Royal Oak YeaOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/14/2012Very pleasant atmosphere,great service and outstanding food. Willing to do what is necessary in order to satisy the customer.Special Features:
- Fantastic experience in dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012Fantastic experience in dining. Our waiter, Sammy, was superb, the staff friendly and very attentive. I recommend it highly.Special Features:
- The Chef is amazing. His foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/7/2012The Chef is amazing. His food is terrific. Nice menu choices. Being in Wine Country you would expect a notable wine list. Since we went wine tasting and know the cost of the local wine, it was disconcerting to have to pay upwards of triple the cost at the Royal Oak knowing what we would have paid for a bottle just hours prior. We should have brought a bottle and risked a corkage fee.Special Features:
- A very special dining experience!GParsonsDined on 7/6/2012A gorgeous location, with a terrific staff and wonderful menu...couldn't have had a nicer dinner! This is what dining out means...Special Features:
- We dined here last week andOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 7/3/2012We dined here last week and were sadly disappointed with most of our experience. Chef did visit the table early with an amuse-bouche and asked what we were ordering. I ordered an heirloom tomato salad and steak, my wife had shrimp and tuna. Sides were truffled mac n cheese and sautéed spinach. My tomato salad and her shrimp were great, as were both of the sides we ordered. Her tuna was ok, nothing to write home about. My steak, as some previous comments noted, was completely overdone. I ordered med rare, received med well to well done. I ordered it with hollandaise, which amounted to literally a thimbles worth on a 12 oz steak. I would have sent it back, however "Abe" our server was atrocious and mostly absent for our entire meal.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2012The Royal Oak is a great palce to have a special dinner! They treat you very well and on the evening we visited the Executive Chef, Jeffrey Jake, came through the dining room and visited with the tables. This made for a great evening as he explained some of the changes to the resort and more importantly was giving out little tidbits of various foods he was adding to the menu. A real nice tough to top off a great evening!Special Features:
- expections were not high uponOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/26/2012expections were not high upon arrival, however the food and wine selections were fantastic. the fish was fresh and the presentation great. overall i would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Good meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/26/2012Great food. Table visited by chef, answered questions, made suggestions and checked on our satisfaction with meal. View of golf course and mountains.......Special Features:
- Nice place for a deliciouis mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2012We enjoyed the restaurant and meal. The service was top notch, food done to perfection. My group of 8 had a great time. the Chef stopped out after we got our cocktails and explained everything on the menu, that was a nice touch!Special Features:
- Our waiter was great, a trueOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/19/2012Our waiter was great, a true professional who made us feel appreciated for being there. It was our anniversery which we didn't elude to until our cards to each other came out after dinner but before dessert, at which point he asked for which occasion we were celebrating. When we informed him our anniversery celibration he politley insisted upon brings us something special and collected our menus. An appropriate amount of time later he presented us with perfect portions of homemade banana and peanut butter ice cream and a scoop of rasberry sorbet to accompany an outstanding Chocolate Molten Cake, prepared to perfection. Needless to say the evening was wonderful, and even the vallet was charming as well as prompt and curtious.Special Features:
- skip !!!!!! a tourist trap.exrestauranterVIPDined on 5/11/2012skip !!!!!! a tourist trap. no one will return after getting a dinner & service like we had.
- The chef's attentiveness andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/4/2012The chef's attentiveness and excellent food made our group dining experience outstanding! Overlooking the golf course, the views are very nice. The overall decor is likely due for an update in the near future though with the dim lighting and great food/service, overall experience was excellent.Special Features: