The Row Nashville
110 Lyle Avenue
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
The Row Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.therownashville.com/
- Phone: (615) 321-1224
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Saturday: 10:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 10:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Row Nashville
Dine where the Working Class Poets of Music Row came to relax and ultimately shape country music history for over 30 years! We create and serve unique southern inspired cuisine, TN Mixology, TN Whiskeys, Bourbons, Wine, and Midtowns Only all Local & Southern Regional Draft Wall. The Row has free customer parking, outdoor seating & live musicContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Row Nashville - Best Restaurants in West End ›
The Row Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (46)neighborhood gem (44)great for outdoor dining (38)vibrant bar scene (34)great for brunch (33)hot spot (30)great for lunch (25)fit for foodies (19)late-night find (18)kid-friendly (16)special occasion (8)Show More
- Delicious!FoodieDined on 11/22/2014Went to eat here when a friend came to town. I had only heard great reviews so I was expecting the best and that's exactly what I got! The service was friendly and fast. Our server was very knowledgeable. I got the hot chicken and it was amazing! My friend got the country fried chicken and said it was delicious! I would definitely recommend The Row to anyone and will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DianeVIPDined on 11/22/2014Loved the hot fried chicken. Nice service, great food and great casual atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local flare on traditional foodsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The atmosphere and food definitely make this a great place for brunch. I was visiting Nashville and looking far a good brunch spot to meet friends. Although we made reservations, there was no need to, on the morning we went. Seating was spacious and comfortable. The food was amazing and quite affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No regrets!!!diningwfriendsDined on 11/19/2014First time to visit, and we will be back!!! Really enjoyed the music. Server was excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner at The RowfingsDined on 11/16/2014My husband and I stayed at the ALoft and we were looking for a closeby restaurant to grab a bite to eat. We had the deviled eggs appetizer and if you like deviled eggs you'll enjoy this. I wasn't super hungry so just got the Cobb salad. All the ingredients were fresh and I liked th blue cheese vinegarette. My husband got the pot roast and that was delicious. Fell apart on the fork and had great flavor. Highly recommend it. Our waiter was very nice and our food came out super quick. Grant it the evening was cold and rainy so the restaurant was very quiet but still surprised at how quick we got our meals. Enjoyed our dinner at The Row and would certainly go back if we're back in Nashville.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, music & fun!DateNightDineDined on 11/14/2014The food here was fantastic. I normally don't care that much for hot chicken but this was fabulous. The mac & cheese was great. Several live bands performed while we were there & both were very good! Drinks also very good. Our service was prompt & accurate. My husband & I had a fabulous time. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bigniets!hungryconsultantVIPDined on 11/9/2014My daughter and I went there on Sunday morning. I had heard about their biscuit beignets and thought it was interesting. They reminded me of days long past when I would have cinnamon toast and real butter on bread toasted in the oven. When we got there, it was just after opening and very quiet. But as the morning went on - the restaurant did begin to fill. My daughter had eggs and grits (the standard breakfast). I had the eggs benedict. The grits were amazing! The poached eggs took several tries to get right, but they tried. If you are not a stickler on poached eggs (I am), I would recommend. The rest of the components were great - otherwise, I would stick with the standard fair, but be sure to include the beignets and grits!Special Features:
- Good food and beerMidtownStaceDined on 11/7/2014My boyfriend and I were in town for the Vandy vs UF game. We stopped by here on Friday for a late lunch and were not disappointed. We sat in their outdoor patio area next to the fire pit which was perfect for a chilly but nice day. We started with the row poppers which were out of this world. My boyfriend then had the brisket tacos with sweet potato mash and I had the cowboy burger with the snap beans and carmelized onions. We washed it down with some local brews from Yazoo. Overall a great place. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- SaltOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The food was good overall but I had the greens and brussel sprouts and my date had the greens. We were chugging water all night because both of our throats couldn't stay moist. I like that they offer veggies as sides but they could cut down on the sodium.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceRTB01VIPDined on 10/17/2014Great find. The server was very helpful, prompt and ensured we had a great time. The chicken fried steak was great but the recommended pot roast was out of this world. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We made the reservation that same night and were sat immediately. The staff were friendly and were knowledgeable of drinks and menu options. The managers were often present and were willing to take care of matters immediately. The atmosphere was friendly and the music was good. It is a nice spot for a causal drinks and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great FoodgoingoutDined on 10/12/2014We had a wonderful brunch before the Titans game. Reserved with open table and got our table immediately. Had brunch with great service--not rushed but out in plenty of time to head over to LP Field. Parking was easy (and free). Our server was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love That Hot Chicken!NFL5151Dined on 10/3/2014Apps were good: Row Poppers: bacon wrapped and fried jalapeno cheese. The Trip, bottomless nacho chips with guacamole, salsa and pimento cheese. For the entry, we all ordered the Nashville Fried Hot Chicken which was fantastic - again! I don't care for it being served on the 'spicy corncake' - that just falls apart and doesn't add anything to the dish. It is far better when served over a waffle One peculiar thing - they do not carry an assortment of Scotch whiskey. I know we're in Nashville, but our Chicago friend thought that they should at least have Dewar's or Johnnie Walker. I agree. One other point - wonderful service. We were sitting outdoors when a storm came up and they seamlessly moved everyone to an inside table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedmetamorphosedDined on 9/30/2014I had called in to ensure my reservation and check to see the serving time to make sure I would make a concert that night. I was hung up on twice and finally a new girl helped me out. I ordered the fried chicken. I wasn't impressed. It was boneless chicken tenders, not traditional fried chicken. The taste was lacking in the brussel sprouts. Definitely not that fresh. My wife had the BBQ sandwich and it was pretty good. The music was ok and the looks of the place is ok for a hangout or late night spot. Thats it...I would give it a 3 out of 5.Special Features:
- Fun place, great for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014A bit up the hill from the music strip, this is a great place for brunch. It's an easy walk down Broadway to get to the Frist art museum or Symphony Center if you're into that; or to the country music and boots scene a few blocks farther. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- loved our experienceclacidinesDined on 9/26/2014Great food and drinks. Sat outside and enjoyed the.live.music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood find!FlipperVIPDined on 9/25/2014Awesome experience. Great outdoor dining. Casual, comfortable and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/AtmosphereTootsie58Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I enjoyed eating at The Row. He had a Beef Taco and Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon. I had chicken fried chicken over smashed potatoes. I'm looking forward to going back to try the steak, biscuits, and bread pudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Poor ServicedontfrostthepieDined on 9/20/2014The food was amazing, but the service was downright terrible. We were seated right away, but our waiter was not on the ball. Luckily, the food made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a dateourturnDined on 9/19/2014Wife and I planned our first date here, food was excellent. Service was outstanding. If you love live music i would suggest a seat closer to the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food and Great MusicCraftBeerFanDined on 9/18/2014This place is absolutely fantastic! The menu was very Nashville and very Southern but still had healthy food options for my girlfriend to enjoy. The Kale Salad was top notch! Our server was very attentive and the management seems to really care about their guests! The live music area near the bar was full of energy and great tunes from young aspiring artists from all over the place. The MC Mike Peck as very engaging and really into the music. I'd recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:
- Loved it!BeerSnobDined on 9/12/2014Awesome food. Awesome service. Definitely sit outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elevated southern foodfoodieDined on 9/11/2014This place was wonderful. Sat in bar area, live music was playing. Great selection of whiskey, moonshine and cocktails made with both. The mac and cheese is to die for! Great southern food just elevated to hip,hot spot.Special Features:
- Always a great time at The Row!nashvillegirlDined on 9/9/2014Had a wonderful time at The Row last weekend. My parents were in town and we came for both lunch and later for live music. They have some really great bands, we got to see Jesse and Noah - a real treat! Kale salad with blackened chicken was fantastic and a nice healthy twist on the southern cuisine. My father got the smokestack burger- to die for! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie4LifeVIPDined on 9/7/2014A friend was visiting from Seattle and I took her here for brunch. I've been once before and the food (breakfast/brunch is all I've tried so far) is good. Best biscuits ever! Our server must have been having a bad day, though, because she wasn't very attentive or friendly. We were never checked on, never offered any warm-ups on coffee or drinks and didn't see her until it was time for the bill. Very different from my first visit when I was checked on frequently. A server named Joe, however, was very nice and answered all of our questions when our own server was MIA. He was much more attentive and he wasn't even going to get the tip! We made sure to get his name as we were leaving so I can ask for him when I go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Our service was lacking. We had to ask for drinks multiple times, one person in our party didn't receive food with everyone else. The omelet I order was not prepared like I requested. It was missing cheese. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool atmosphere and live musicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We went to The Row on a Friday night before a Vanderbilt football game. Sat in the semi-enclosed bar area where they play the live music. Had a great time, bacon Mac and cheese is a must.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceRada628Dined on 8/31/2014Slow service. They were out of several brunch items and chose to substitute the side my friend ordered without consulting with her to see what she wanted instead. Eggs were very cold.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Our server wasn't the best, but maybe it just wasn't his day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot chicken is great!mjeatsoutDined on 8/27/2014Hot chicken was great. Hot restaurant, not so much! The temperature was very uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Hangover search, amazing findFoodyGentVIPDined on 8/24/2014Admittedly, I was doing a search for a restaurant that could save my group from a vicious hangover before we got on flights. What we found was a restaurant with great food (and not just 'hangover food'), an outstanding beer list, and a creative cocktail menu. This is NOT just a spot for a debauched group of headaches, however. We saw couples in their rollout of bed gear to families that just got out of church. At my table we had a solid variety of food based on what each of us ordered (needed): fried chicken, a salad, and a collection of appetizers. No one left as anything but satisfied. Granted, this is one example from an out of towner, but I'd happily come back here again.Special Features:
- Lively brunch crowd, food so-so...justbeachy90Dined on 8/24/2014The food was just ok, nothing too special or outstanding. Plus $10 for a watered down "Grand Mimosa" was a bit much. Crowd was really loud and boisterous for a late Sunday morning. Good atmosphere made up for what the food lacked.Special Features:
- Quick and InexpensiveGrey11AVIPDined on 8/23/2014Fast service. Decent quality of food. The salmon with sweet potatoes is delicious! Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent homemade comfort foodBobsDined on 8/18/2014We were staying at the Hutton so it was a short walk to the Row. Excellent drink and homemade comfort food coupled with pleasurable live music. Loved the pickle flight. Hot chicken was good (my first time having it). Biscuits were nicely served a little doughy inside, but with tasty accompaniments. Looking forward to returning and trying breakfastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, real nashvilleNewjustinaDined on 8/16/2014About of townera, this was a nice alternative to theore touristy downtown. We ordered the traditional southern dishes, fried pickles, BBQ, hot fried chicken. All was fresh and tasty but not knock your socks off dining. We sat in the dining area but may have preferred the outside area where they were playing live musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music Good, Food Just OKPatentPendingDined on 8/15/2014This is the second time I have visited the Row. Same experience both times. Fun live music and a good beer list. Go for that, but don't expect fine dining. The food prices are somewhat expensive for what is delivered. Despite the enticing menu items, our meals were just OK. The fired pickles were very good, but the rest of the meal was meh. My side veggies were cold (they were out of my first veggie choice). I had a burger. I ordered medium rare. Came out almost well done and only luke warm. My spouse had a chicken sandwich that she said was edible. The service was attentive, so no issues there. We did almost get charged for an item we never ordered, but it was quickly addressed. This is not to say that The Row is bad. It is fun.Special Features:
- We were impressed!PresleyandCodyDined on 8/15/2014My family was in Nashville from out of state to deliver our daughter to college for her freshman year, and we wanted a Nashville dinner/entertainment experience away from the busy downtown scene. We were so impressed with the entire experience - the food was absolutely gourmet delicious. We especially loved the brisket tacos and chicken fried steak! In addition, we opted to sit outside the bar where the music was available. The three different music acts were very enjoyable. It was the perfect evening to celebrate this important transition evening with my family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Row was a Great Find!HappyCanuckDined on 8/9/2014We recently vacationed in Nashville and dined at The Row one night based on a recommendation and its proximity to our hotel. We will definitely be back - not just for the food ... but especially for the entertainment. We saw some of the BEST music in Nashville during our 4 night stay at this location. Our daughters (aged 11 and 14) also picked this as their absolutely favourite place for the music. We have a feeling this spot will be one of the next 'it' locations in Nashville ... make sure you go since you never know who might drop in! Thanks again to the team at The Row for such a memorable evening - we loved it ... and a big shout out to Mike booking the musicians!!Special Features:
- Great musicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014The Row had a nice atmosphere and good food, but the music was even better. Three different artists and all very good. We stayed 3 hours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hoosierdrivingthroughDined on 8/1/2014We were recommended by a family friend who's son attends Vanderbilt. The location was great, the food was awesome - gave us a feel of being in the "south" and seemed so authentic! We had a great meal! Would definitely go again if we drive through Nashville again!Special Features: