The Row Nashville
110 Lyle Avenue
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
The Row Nashville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.therownashville.com/
- Phone: 615-321-1224
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 12:00am, Saturday: 10:30am - 12:00am, Sunday: 10:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Row Nashville
Dine where the Working Class Poets of Music Row came to relax and ultimately shape country music history for over 30 years! We create and serve unique southern inspired cuisine, TN Mixology, TN Whiskeys, Bourbons, Wine, and Midtowns Only all Local & Southern Regional Draft Wall. The Row has free customer parking, outdoor seating & live musicContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSouthern
The Row Nashville - Best Restaurants in West End ›
The Row Nashville reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (51)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (44)vibrant bar scene (32)great for brunch (31)kid-friendly (26)great for lunch (26)hot spot (26)fit for foodies (23)late-night find (22)special occasion (9)romantic (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/17/2014Great find. The server was very helpful, prompt and ensured we had a great time. The chicken fried steak was great but the recommended pot roast was out of this world. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, Great FoodgoingoutDined on 10/12/2014We had a wonderful brunch before the Titans game. Reserved with open table and got our table immediately. Had brunch with great service--not rushed but out in plenty of time to head over to LP Field. Parking was easy (and free). Our server was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love That Hot Chicken!NFL5151Dined on 10/3/2014Apps were good: Row Poppers: bacon wrapped and fried jalapeno cheese. The Trip, bottomless nacho chips with guacamole, salsa and pimento cheese. For the entry, we all ordered the Nashville Fried Hot Chicken which was fantastic - again! I don't care for it being served on the 'spicy corncake' - that just falls apart and doesn't add anything to the dish. It is far better when served over a waffle One peculiar thing - they do not carry an assortment of Scotch whiskey. I know we're in Nashville, but our Chicago friend thought that they should at least have Dewar's or Johnnie Walker. I agree. One other point - wonderful service. We were sitting outdoors when a storm came up and they seamlessly moved everyone to an inside table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedmetamorphosedDined on 9/30/2014I had called in to ensure my reservation and check to see the serving time to make sure I would make a concert that night. I was hung up on twice and finally a new girl helped me out. I ordered the fried chicken. I wasn't impressed. It was boneless chicken tenders, not traditional fried chicken. The taste was lacking in the brussel sprouts. Definitely not that fresh. My wife had the BBQ sandwich and it was pretty good. The music was ok and the looks of the place is ok for a hangout or late night spot. Thats it...I would give it a 3 out of 5.Special Features:
- Fun place, great for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014A bit up the hill from the music strip, this is a great place for brunch. It's an easy walk down Broadway to get to the Frist art museum or Symphony Center if you're into that; or to the country music and boots scene a few blocks farther. Would definitely go again.Special Features:
- loved our experienceclacidinesDined on 9/26/2014Great food and drinks. Sat outside and enjoyed the.live.music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/AtmosphereTootsie58Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I enjoyed eating at The Row. He had a Beef Taco and Macaroni and Cheese with Bacon. I had chicken fried chicken over smashed potatoes. I'm looking forward to going back to try the steak, biscuits, and bread pudding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Poor ServicedontfrostthepieDined on 9/20/2014The food was amazing, but the service was downright terrible. We were seated right away, but our waiter was not on the ball. Luckily, the food made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a dateourturnDined on 9/19/2014Wife and I planned our first date here, food was excellent. Service was outstanding. If you love live music i would suggest a seat closer to the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food and Great MusicCraftBeerFanDined on 9/18/2014This place is absolutely fantastic! The menu was very Nashville and very Southern but still had healthy food options for my girlfriend to enjoy. The Kale Salad was top notch! Our server was very attentive and the management seems to really care about their guests! The live music area near the bar was full of energy and great tunes from young aspiring artists from all over the place. The MC Mike Peck as very engaging and really into the music. I'd recommend this place to everyone!Special Features:
- Loved it!BeerSnobDined on 9/12/2014Awesome food. Awesome service. Definitely sit outside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- elevated southern foodfoodieDined on 9/11/2014This place was wonderful. Sat in bar area, live music was playing. Great selection of whiskey, moonshine and cocktails made with both. The mac and cheese is to die for! Great southern food just elevated to hip,hot spot.Special Features:
- Always a great time at The Row!nashvillegirlDined on 9/9/2014Had a wonderful time at The Row last weekend. My parents were in town and we came for both lunch and later for live music. They have some really great bands, we got to see Jesse and Noah - a real treat! Kale salad with blackened chicken was fantastic and a nice healthy twist on the southern cuisine. My father got the smokestack burger- to die for! Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie4LifeVIPDined on 9/7/2014A friend was visiting from Seattle and I took her here for brunch. I've been once before and the food (breakfast/brunch is all I've tried so far) is good. Best biscuits ever! Our server must have been having a bad day, though, because she wasn't very attentive or friendly. We were never checked on, never offered any warm-ups on coffee or drinks and didn't see her until it was time for the bill. Very different from my first visit when I was checked on frequently. A server named Joe, however, was very nice and answered all of our questions when our own server was MIA. He was much more attentive and he wasn't even going to get the tip! We made sure to get his name as we were leaving so I can ask for him when I go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014Our service was lacking. We had to ask for drinks multiple times, one person in our party didn't receive food with everyone else. The omelet I order was not prepared like I requested. It was missing cheese. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool atmosphere and live musicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We went to The Row on a Friday night before a Vanderbilt football game. Sat in the semi-enclosed bar area where they play the live music. Had a great time, bacon Mac and cheese is a must.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceRada628Dined on 8/31/2014Slow service. They were out of several brunch items and chose to substitute the side my friend ordered without consulting with her to see what she wanted instead. Eggs were very cold.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Great food, great atmosphere. Our server wasn't the best, but maybe it just wasn't his day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot chicken is great!mjeatsoutDined on 8/27/2014Hot chicken was great. Hot restaurant, not so much! The temperature was very uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Hangover search, amazing findFoodyGentVIPDined on 8/24/2014Admittedly, I was doing a search for a restaurant that could save my group from a vicious hangover before we got on flights. What we found was a restaurant with great food (and not just 'hangover food'), an outstanding beer list, and a creative cocktail menu. This is NOT just a spot for a debauched group of headaches, however. We saw couples in their rollout of bed gear to families that just got out of church. At my table we had a solid variety of food based on what each of us ordered (needed): fried chicken, a salad, and a collection of appetizers. No one left as anything but satisfied. Granted, this is one example from an out of towner, but I'd happily come back here again.Special Features:
- Lively brunch crowd, food so-so...justbeachy90Dined on 8/24/2014The food was just ok, nothing too special or outstanding. Plus $10 for a watered down "Grand Mimosa" was a bit much. Crowd was really loud and boisterous for a late Sunday morning. Good atmosphere made up for what the food lacked.Special Features:
- Quick and InexpensiveGrey11ADined on 8/23/2014Fast service. Decent quality of food. The salmon with sweet potatoes is delicious! Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent homemade comfort foodBobsDined on 8/18/2014We were staying at the Hutton so it was a short walk to the Row. Excellent drink and homemade comfort food coupled with pleasurable live music. Loved the pickle flight. Hot chicken was good (my first time having it). Biscuits were nicely served a little doughy inside, but with tasty accompaniments. Looking forward to returning and trying breakfastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, real nashvilleNewjustinaDined on 8/16/2014About of townera, this was a nice alternative to theore touristy downtown. We ordered the traditional southern dishes, fried pickles, BBQ, hot fried chicken. All was fresh and tasty but not knock your socks off dining. We sat in the dining area but may have preferred the outside area where they were playing live musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Music Good, Food Just OKPatentPendingDined on 8/15/2014This is the second time I have visited the Row. Same experience both times. Fun live music and a good beer list. Go for that, but don't expect fine dining. The food prices are somewhat expensive for what is delivered. Despite the enticing menu items, our meals were just OK. The fired pickles were very good, but the rest of the meal was meh. My side veggies were cold (they were out of my first veggie choice). I had a burger. I ordered medium rare. Came out almost well done and only luke warm. My spouse had a chicken sandwich that she said was edible. The service was attentive, so no issues there. We did almost get charged for an item we never ordered, but it was quickly addressed. This is not to say that The Row is bad. It is fun.Special Features:
- We were impressed!PresleyandCodyDined on 8/15/2014My family was in Nashville from out of state to deliver our daughter to college for her freshman year, and we wanted a Nashville dinner/entertainment experience away from the busy downtown scene. We were so impressed with the entire experience - the food was absolutely gourmet delicious. We especially loved the brisket tacos and chicken fried steak! In addition, we opted to sit outside the bar where the music was available. The three different music acts were very enjoyable. It was the perfect evening to celebrate this important transition evening with my family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Row was a Great Find!HappyCanuckDined on 8/9/2014We recently vacationed in Nashville and dined at The Row one night based on a recommendation and its proximity to our hotel. We will definitely be back - not just for the food ... but especially for the entertainment. We saw some of the BEST music in Nashville during our 4 night stay at this location. Our daughters (aged 11 and 14) also picked this as their absolutely favourite place for the music. We have a feeling this spot will be one of the next 'it' locations in Nashville ... make sure you go since you never know who might drop in! Thanks again to the team at The Row for such a memorable evening - we loved it ... and a big shout out to Mike booking the musicians!!Special Features:
- Great musicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014The Row had a nice atmosphere and good food, but the music was even better. Three different artists and all very good. We stayed 3 hours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hoosierdrivingthroughDined on 8/1/2014We were recommended by a family friend who's son attends Vanderbilt. The location was great, the food was awesome - gave us a feel of being in the "south" and seemed so authentic! We had a great meal! Would definitely go again if we drive through Nashville again!Special Features:
- Good food- Great musicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/31/2014My wife and I took our three young children here and enjoyed it. The food was good and the music was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great people, local beerPsapphaDined on 7/28/2014The food is not outstanding, but is good, solid, Southern bar food. I had the fried green tomato burger and my boyfriend had the spicy friend chicken. But this is a great place to go for a meal in Nashville, it has a historical background in Nashville's music row, has a lot of tasty local beers (and not quite so local, too!) and all the servers are fun, friendly, and attentive. There is live music every night, so it is a bit loud in the actual restaurant (loud for a dinner conversation, that is), but we sat outside and enjoyed the best of both worlds, i.e. we could hear the music and could still chat comfortably!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mini-family reunionNantiqueDined on 7/25/2014We were looking for a non-chain in a fun, walkable area of Nashville, with a parking lot, that would take reservations. The Row fit all of that, plus had LIVE music!!! It was a perfect place to meet my 3 cousins while I was visiting my daughter (I live in Cincinnati).service was great and food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Local treasureEastcoastvisitorDined on 7/25/2014Great local music venue in the bar. Food is good, good selection .Special Features:
- Amazing BrunchEsternDined on 7/19/2014Bloody Mary bar amazing used with jalapeño garlic infused vodka. All breakfast items in party were delicious and unique. First time having hot chicken and would recommend to all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good entertainment, terrible foodFooditudeVIPDined on 7/17/2014And worst service in Nashville. Where to begin, way overpriced, weakly poured drinks made this experience hard to stomach. Food was strange.... The smallest wedge salad ever made and without blue cheese dressing, really? a vinegarette was used instead. The fried catfish was so heavily battered, the crust would fall off after you cut it. Terrible, unfriendly and unsmiling servers and a manager who looked like a skinhead. Peach cobbler was terrible. Water tasted unfiltered, which means it was heavily treated tap and smelled. Won't go back to eat or drink here. But the live music was classy and very good made the choice not completely terrible. As a warning to other out of towners.... Money was wasted here tonight. Only go here for the music.
- not a good experiencelike2eatDined on 7/17/2014Hostess never informed us there was an outside area. Saw it as we were leaving and thats where everyone was. No one was inside because it was beautiful outside, would have liked to have sat outside but hostess never even asked us if we would like that. The waiter, Brandon, made us feel very rushed and always tried to push the most expensive thing on us regardless of if it was better or not. We felt mislead.
- Great Bar, Great PeoplePricyVIPDined on 7/15/2014The staff was so accommodating and awesome! The food was perfect for our lunch stopover and the beverage selection was top notch. It was a beautiful day to sit on the patio and we enjoyed our stay!Special Features:
- Great Brunch!offthebeatenpatheatsDined on 7/12/2014The weather was beautiful on the sunny Saturday morning we had the opportunity to partake of the great atmosphere at the Row. We sat in the patio area and enjoyed a great brunch and beverages. The "make your own bloody mary" bar was unexpected and offered many choices.Special Features:
- Good southern brunchBeckettDined on 7/6/2014Nice variety of choices... sweet, savory, over-the-top, & more figure-friendly. Whatever you choose, top it all off with a trip or two to the Bloody Mary Bar and all is right with the world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden treasure & historical gem.jenniferinkcDined on 7/5/2014Family friendly in dining area, live music in the bar and a great outdoor eating patio. What a find! The food was great and the historic photos and writings on the walls were great tributes to the many stars that got their start here. I would highly recommend it as it was recommended to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.