The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus - San Francisco
150 Stockton Street
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/info/restaurant.jhtml?rest=200010
- Phone: 4152492720x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Friday - Saturday 11:00am - 5:00pm
Afternoon Tea 2:30pm - 4:00pm Sunday - Thursday
Afternoon Tea 2:30pm - 5:00pm Friday - Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Grant Schley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Rotunda specializes in evening events including wedding receptions, corporate and convention dinners, cocktail parties, rehearsal dinners and holiday parties. Holiday parties are especially beautiful with the four story Neiman Marcus Holiday Tree rising up through the restaurant. The floor to ceiling windows offer guests an intimate bird's eye view of Union Square.
- Cross Street: Geary Street
- Public Transit:
- Powell Street BART station.
- #30 Stockton Bus (Stockton/Geary stop going south, Kearney/Geary stop going north).
- #38 Geary Bus (Stockton/O'Farrell stop going east, Geary/Stockton stop going west).
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Choose from 3 conveniently located garages.
- Union Square Garage
- Ellis-O'Farrell Garage
- Sutter-Stockton Garage
A word from The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus - San Francisco
******While we are open, the restaurant will be under enhancements in stages from July 28 through August 25, 2014*****We invite you to take part in a time honored San Francisco tradition and lunch at the Rotunda at Neiman Marcus. This spectacular restaurant sits underneath a stunning glass dome constructed of more than 2500 pieces of colored glass. The room curves around a central atrium four stories above the entrance. Be sure to request a cozy private booth or a window seat overlooking historic Union Square. Indulge in a glass of bubbles while noshing on our signature Lobster Club or savor delicate sweets and tea sandwiches with our Afternoon Tea.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus - San Francisco - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Union Square ›
The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
228 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (175)scenic view (134)special occasion (125)great for brunch (99)fit for foodies (68)romantic (50)neighborhood gem (42)good for groups (40)hot spot (29)kid-friendly (28)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- Lunch + Fashion + View!JesssDined on 8/18/2014A girlfriend's favorite spot! I always treat myself and a girlfriend a few times a year to a special lunch in SF at the Rotunda! The food is spectacular, pricey but the whole experience is top notch! Who doesn't love to cascade up the escolator and see all the beautiful collections of current designers while headed to lunch & cocktails with a view. Jennifer is an excellent bar-tender by the way! The lobster Club is my personal fav and all the salads are great and light!Special Features:
- AFTERNOON TEAAnonymous333Dined on 8/17/2014Made reservations and requested accomodations which were confirmed the same day. Upon our arrival, seating was timely and they were able to adhere to my request for accomodations without any problems. Tea service was great! Food was yummy! We had a great time!!!Special Features:
- The Rotunda at Neiman MarcusfoodloverDined on 8/16/2014The Rotunda has one of the most spectacular views in Union Square. It is a beautiful restaurant and its elegance is matched by the food, beverages and service.Special Features:
- Good food but not the bestloveopentableDined on 8/15/2014The lobster bisque soup was to salty my son didn't eat half when he told me he doesn't want it anymore I tried it when I knew why. My Cesar salad was not so good as before and I wait 40 minutes for my main course after the soup an salad. We had Salmon, this time was to dry. The manager came to apologize for the delay just five minutes before the main course arrived. they didn't charge me for the soup and salad as apologies for the delay. TO BE HONEST I PREFER TO PAY THAN WAIT FOR TO LONG.Special Features:
- the sandwich bread as hard as rockNoclamsandotheringredientVIPDined on 8/15/2014If you want to eat the bread part of your sandwich make sure you tell the waiter that. Our bread was rock solid. After a long flight we were too hungry to send it back but it was rock hard. The lobster soup was delish but little on the salty side. Service - our waiter was very friendly and service was great but I didn't know what the fuss was about regarding the food.
- My lunch fail safeJoyBellVIPDined on 8/14/2014I love Neiman Marcus, however, I LOVE the Rotunda. The cocktail list is amazing and the lobster sandwhich is to die for. I take all of my outbid town guests here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014I think the ambience makes people feel comfortable.But the service is normal,even could say its not good enough,not as I expect.And the high tea,you could try once if you r like me,just a tourist.As I already tasted so much great high tea,this one is just ok.Special Features:
- under the glassdraliVIPDined on 8/13/2014you are right under the multicolored glass of the rotunda of the old City of Paris, now Neiman Marcus, with a view of Union Square AND lovely male and female models unobtrusively showing NM clothing! The house made popovers are delicious and complimentary, and salads are large and delicious. The seafood Louie salad is served with a scoop of crabmeat the size of a large snowball!! Fun and the food is good!Special Features:
- Not a model lunchAliKDined on 8/13/2014We booked a lunch to celebrate my friend's birthday. The server was very attentive and the food was delicious as usual. The Rotunda is one of our favorite places. Unfortunately, models kept coming by our table to show off the Armani new fashion line. The models would stand at our table until we stopped our conversations so they could talk about the clothes- completely rude and intrusive. If we had wanted a fashion show, we would have attended one. At one point at least four models stood at our table for 10 minutes talking about their clothes. I couldn't believe that the management would allow this to happen. The models were oblivious to how we were in the middle of celebrating an amazing friend's birthday nor did they seem to care.Special Features:
- maybe it was an off dayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014The Rotunda houses the old city of paris ceiling which is beautiful. we went for high tea with high hopes. The food was lovely, but we were unattended. Our server served our tea before our food, and she never came back to fill our teapots. For the price, there are some other great spots in SF to have tea. If not for those delectable pop overs, I'm not sure I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2foreverDined on 8/10/2014It was on our 52nd wedding anniversary that my wife and I had occasion to visit the Rotunda. Our entire experience was memorable. The staff from the hostess, server and busser were exceptionally accommodating and considerate as my wife is a stroke survivor. They indeed made it a very special experience...and of course the High Tea left nothing to be desired.Special Features:
- Outstanding soupBB17VIPDined on 8/8/2014The crab and corn soup was especially delicious, and the tuna/watermelon salad was very good as well. Both were on the specials list. The Chinese chicken salad was mediocre in comparison.Special Features:
- RFarberVIPDined on 8/5/2014The Rotunda is an iconic San Francisco spot that is special in everywhere way. It's only drawback is that it is very expensive, especially for lunch. With tip it was $120 for 3 of us. If you know that going in you will have a marvelous lunch.Special Features:
- The NM Lunch ExperiencecandykaneDined on 8/4/2014Always lovely, always luxurious. Love the consomme! Give me a BOWL of that!!! Brought my little 13-yr old friend for her 1st NM lunch. It was grand!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view!ValerieDined on 8/3/2014Wonderful lunch.....amazing crab sandwich....beautiful view...a part of SF history!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Room, Good FoodInExileVIPDined on 8/3/2014The Rotunda is a lovely room and serves quality food with panache. Though often infested with LWS and annoying bridal parties, this particular visit suffered neither. It is also one of the few restaurants in the city with proper caviar service.Special Features:
- Lunch with granddaughterMamafayeDined on 8/2/2014We had a very nice time. My granddaughter loved the popovers and they let her have a second. She felt special.Special Features:
- IconLonghorn63VIPDined on 7/31/2014This is my go-to place for a special lunch with friends or family! Gorgeous atmosphere, great food, and reasonably priced for the ambience and food quality. Pam is a great waitress, so you may want to request her!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteblainebVIPDined on 7/31/2014Lunch begins with consumme and popovers. From there only gets better. A martini, ahi poke, and more delicious dishes. Hard to snag a reservation but definitely worth it. A most leisurely luncheon.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Proud of Neiman AssociatesFromTexasDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I were visiting the NM ROTUNDA for the first time with a college friend who lives in Hercules. We were visiting from Texas. I actually am an employee and it's always great to see how our other team members give excellent service. We received great service from the time we walked in; as we were given an option on tables with a clear understanding about the wait. Elle; our server was fun and very informative on questions regarding places to go and see and friendly as most NM team members! We enjoyed the presentation of our meals, the view and the architecture; the ceiling is magnificent. What a great time and it will always make for a great memory!! What an enjoyable "experience" JG - TexasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot for a ladies lunchNinaGDined on 7/28/2014This is the perfect spot for a lovely ladies lunch. The food is always delicious, popovers are fabulous, salads are super fresh and delish... plus the service is great. If visiting SF this is also a special place to have lunch with your family.Special Features:
- another great dayreddoxDined on 7/26/2014What a pleasure to dine here- Noe Tello is the best waitperson in the city- how wonderful to return year after year and made to feel like a family member- oh- i nearly forgot- the food is to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulKenkenDined on 7/23/2014Food very good, service excellent, ambience out of this world, but very, very expensive....good only for a special occasion, but only on an expense accountSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable LunchSashaVIPDined on 7/20/2014Always a great way to start off the day of shopping. Caviar was delicious =) So glad the Warm Seafood Salad is back in its original form!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm never disappointed !javonneVIPDined on 7/19/2014The food is always wonderful and service excellent --- what a special, oh my VERY special place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpinionatedladyDined on 7/18/2014Beautiful, elegant room with a great view of downtown SF. The high tea is one of the bests I've had and comparably priced. This was the first time I've had lunch there and it was delicious. I don't usually order alcoholic beverages at lunch, but the selection was tempting and the atmosphere compelled me to order the Bellini brunch cocktail! Perfect place for lunch/tea with the ladies or mother-daughter time. Lunch is pricey, but you get beautiful views, ambience, and lovely service. My only complaint is that we were seated too close to another table, which happened to be near a couple most likely on a first date, where the woman never took a breath from talking. I suppose it was somewhat entertaining, but mostly distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014best location in town.food is above average. service is flawless and the view of union square is fantastic. a perfect place to take your out of town visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulSfnativeVIPDined on 7/16/2014A great place to take tourists--fantastic view, great service and sometimes a fashion show!Special Features:
- What Happened?JOGODined on 7/15/2014I have been coming to the Rotunda for years. LOVE IT. We went for my birthday. We had to change "booths" since the one they sat us at was stained with food, the sides were ripped and the stuffing from the seats was coming out. HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? I then went back the following week and sat at another "filthy" booth and the water that was served had an eyelash floating in it. SAD TO SEE SUCH A LEGEND GO DOWN!Special Features:
- Rotunda Neiman MarcusLisaDined on 7/14/2014My first time there. The best thing was that they allowed us to sit for a couple of hours. However - way way overpriced for the food served. I suspect they are riding on a well-established reputation. Mimosa and lobster egg rolls delicious. "Amuse bouche" was chicken broth that could have come from a can - ?? Famous popover was tasty and light but strawberry butter served with it was ice cold and difficult to spread. Chicken salad was no better than what I make at home. Dessert good. Not a $63 lunch in its quality.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014My group and I enjoyed Tea Time, it was outstanding and the view was to die for. The Routunda is a beautiful place to dine or have tea.Special Features:
- Quick lunchKarenDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed our lunch, but the service was clearly designed to speed us through. We were seated exactly at our reservation time. The traditional tiny cup of soup and popovers were served, and our lunch order was taken. Seven minutes after we were seated, our entrees were brought to the table. The waiter seemed surprised when he finally brought our drinks ten minutes later. I would have preferred our drinks to arrive promptly and a slightly more genteel pacing on the food service.Special Features:
- Foody123Dined on 7/11/2014The server was very kind an patient. I was served immediately and given a window table as requested overlooking union square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice atmosphere, food was just okNoclamsandotheringredientVIPDined on 7/7/2014We had the Ahi Tuna salad, pasta and chocolate mousse. Ahi tuna was fresh but the salad was tasteless and so was the oil based pasta. The chocolate mousse was great. I'd definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poshkkchVIPDined on 7/7/2014this has become one of my favorite sites for lunch. All the accoutrements which accompany the meal are the special feature! amuse bouche, incredible popovers with strawberry butter, chocolate mint at the end. All make for a lovely luxurious lunch spot. Try to get a table at the exterior window. The one dead-center in the Bay window is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding and so very chic!cackieVIPDined on 7/3/2014We so enjoyed our lunch! The scenry, wonderful waitress and the food was just wonderful. Loved the popovers, strawberry butter and broth to start, healthy salads and chocolate moose was super! From start to finish...it was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely.ChampagneTasteDined on 7/3/2014Wonderful to visit here. Beautiful views. Excellent food and service which Neiman Marcus is known for; appreciate the consistency of this store's restaurant across California.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeemDined on 6/28/2014Special treat, comfortable dine alone too:) great view, lovely atmosphere, nice cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & service, bit overprice.bittermelonDined on 6/28/2014The location and ambiance was very good. Service was very good. The food was also good, just a bit overpriced.Special Features:
- Great for shoppers!!!MaggieSFDined on 6/27/2014If your shopping downtown at Union Square and are loooking for a elegant and great eatery for lunch this is the place!!! The food, service, and ambience are perfect! Definitely a five star dining experience you can't miss!!!Special Features: