The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus - San Francisco
150 Stockton Street
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/info/restaurant.jhtml?rest=200010
- Phone: 4152492720x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday 11:00am - 4:00pm
Friday - Saturday 11:00am - 5:00pm
Afternoon Tea 2:30pm - 4:00pm Sunday - Thursday
Afternoon Tea 2:30pm - 5:00pm Friday - Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Grant Schley
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The Rotunda specializes in evening events including wedding receptions, corporate and convention dinners, cocktail parties, rehearsal dinners and holiday parties. Holiday parties are especially beautiful with the four story Neiman Marcus Holiday Tree rising up through the restaurant. The floor to ceiling windows offer guests an intimate bird's eye view of Union Square.
- Cross Street: Geary Street
- Public Transit:
- Powell Street BART station.
- #30 Stockton Bus (Stockton/Geary stop going south, Kearney/Geary stop going north).
- #38 Geary Bus (Stockton/O'Farrell stop going east, Geary/Stockton stop going west).
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Choose from 3 conveniently located garages.
- Union Square Garage
- Ellis-O'Farrell Garage
- Sutter-Stockton Garage
A word from The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus - San Francisco
******While we are open, the restaurant will be under enhancements in stages from July 28 through August 25, 2014*****We invite you to take part in a time honored San Francisco tradition and lunch at the Rotunda at Neiman Marcus. This spectacular restaurant sits underneath a stunning glass dome constructed of more than 2500 pieces of colored glass. The room curves around a central atrium four stories above the entrance. Be sure to request a cozy private booth or a window seat overlooking historic Union Square. Indulge in a glass of bubbles while noshing on our signature Lobster Club or savor delicate sweets and tea sandwiches with our Afternoon Tea.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus - San Francisco - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Union Square ›
The Rotunda at Neiman Marcus - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
248 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (186)scenic view (141)special occasion (139)great for brunch (97)fit for foodies (84)romantic (57)neighborhood gem (47)good for groups (39)hot spot (35)kid-friendly (26)notable wine list (23)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Respite while shopping in SFOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/28/2014What a glorious setting accompanied by an amazing menu and yummy choices. Lobster club was awesome and chef's extra treat was a delicious extra. Use your OPen Table app to make reservations even for a small group Long wait when we left at 1:45ish for walk-ins!! PS I hear tea during Holiday Time is a must!!Special Features:
- happyVIPDined on 9/27/2014Rotunda Remodel looks wonderful and the Fall Menu offers many excellent choices. Never can say enough about the wonderful service from your wonderful staff members - each and every one.Special Features:
- San Fran FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014If you are traveling to Union Square this is a must see- Beautiful view (be sure to request a table by the window). Everytime we go to the city we stop by for tea or brunch at least once. The pop-overs are divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GirlLovesthecityOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2014Perfect location for a special occasion or just a break from the streets of San Francisco. Lively with wonderful food options and a full bar for a nice glass of wine or cocktail. From Hostess desk to wait staff, they made it a very delightful experience and know how to treat a customer! Will return whenever I'm in the area and can get a table. Reservations recommended.Special Features:
- used to be greatdenhaaghlDined on 9/23/2014the portions were mini and the quality was gone. yes this is an architectural gem, but the food was 'run-of-the-mill' food court! after years of lunching here we're going to look for a new address!
- Expensive, but worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014The view of Union Square is absolutely impeccable. The Afternoon Tea is worth every penny. The tea, particularly the nuit a versailles, was aromatic and full of complex and fulfilling flavors perfectly paired with the array of hors d'oeuvres and desserts. The service was top-top - notch and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchKoaaDined on 9/20/2014Had a wonderful experience. Will definitely return when we return to SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great San Francisco traditionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014This place is great overall for lunch in Union Square. Food is great. There are healthy alternatives. Good wine list. Great atmosphere. You can park conveniently in the Union Square Garage.Special Features:
- florenceDined on 9/18/2014We had a Fabulous crab and shrimp Louie. I loved the pop overs-- with the strawberry butter. It was a delicious lunch. The view of all the work being done in Union Square was spectacular. Our server, Meaghan, was wonderful. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- DatiDined on 9/18/2014Nice ambience, nice service, good food, I had a pleasant time sharing a lunch with a good friendSpecial Features:
- The Rotunda!alex2the2Dined on 9/17/2014First time here and will definitely return again. Read a few reviews before making a reservation and was not disappointed - the Rotunda had a really nice lunch time atmosphere, the staff genuinely friendly (many well-wishers on our wedding) and the food! If you're a fan of ahi, you must try the ahi watermelon salad - it was perfect, so delicious! Try to request a table with a view of Union Square, on a nice weather day it adds to the dining experience along with the fabulous stained glass ceiling. Totally recommend as a great place for lunch and it was romantic, too.Special Features:
- Fabulous viewAvidtennisplayerDined on 9/15/2014The Rotunda Restaurant is a lovely restaurant right in the heart of Union Square. Request a table by the window and you will get a great view. The stained dome ceiling is beautiful. The menu offers a good variety. Service is outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got water?iH8SFDined on 9/14/2014We were asked if we wanted another roll. We said yes, NEVER got it. Im still waiting for my water refill that also NEVER came.Special Features:
- Lovely place to have lunchMizKatzVIPDined on 9/12/2014It is always a treat to have lunch at the Rotunda. It is one of two places in SF that I know of where I can enjoy my favorite popovers in place of bread! The menu is well thought-out, the food is delicious and beautifully presented. And the dessert menu is tempting, but I cannot resist the divine cookies (with recipe!) for dessert! Ever.Special Features:
- GreatJeannieDined on 9/11/2014My first time..food was great..fashion show was a plus.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationThomasDined on 9/11/2014This was another occasion to celebrate a good friend's birthday with ambiance, service, and food that is always a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies do fine fine lunchMbk333VIPDined on 9/9/2014The three of us had such a lovely afternoon dining. Service was impeccable. They even changed our napkins from white to black as we had dark pants on, so to avoid lint! Special cocktail with grey goose vodka, melon and juice was refreshing (and at $15 a little pricey). Warm seafood salads and a crab louie salad excellant. But the ultimate delight was the popovers, served hot with a fruit butter. Divine!Special Features:
- Horrible fooddinkohVIPDined on 9/7/2014Napkin was dirty. Salad ingredients were not fresh, and very stale. If you're paying $20+ for a salad, it better be good. This place has past its prime. Also, its food safety score is 85 == "Needs improvement." Stay away.
- Slower than molasses, with attitudefoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014I've always looked forward to going to the Rotunda! It's a special occasion even when there's nothing to celebrate. However, on Sunday I have to say that the service was so bad as to burst my bubble. We sat there for quite some time before anyone even acknowledged us, much less brought us any water, despite the fact that the table right next to us was being service like the queen. Out waiter wouldn't even make eye contact and he dismissed us out of hand when we were able to catch his eye. Apparently, he had more important things to do (like box up their leftovers!) The painfully slow service continued throughout the meal and the restaurant was barely half full. Fortunately, I was with an entertaining friend who wasn't stressed.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2014My sister lives in SF. When I come for a visit, which is 3 or 4 times a year, we always have a girls lunch at The Rotunda. I have never had such poor service at this restaurant. Normally, the service is exceptional. We had to ask for EVERYTHING. We practically bussed our own tables, as our dirty plates sat forever so we neatly stacked them in hopes that someone would walk by and see that we wanted them to be taken off our table. Shame on us, we gave the gentlemen a 20%+ tip anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average everythingNameVIPDined on 9/7/2014Not sure why people are "wowed" by this place unless it's about the wonderful glass dome. Otherwise, strictly for the tourist trade. Arrived when it opened; the table cloth was stained. Really? Moved to another table. The popover was large and dense, but why serve it with rock-hard strawberry butter? The lobster sandwich: LOTS of bread, avocado, tomato, lettuce, and oh! there was lobster in there?? The 5 chips were soft and flavorless. The hamburger came on a large bun with a giant tomato slice, and lots of onions. There was some meat there, but this medium prepared burger was dry. French fries were good, but were not were hot. Service by Nick was serviceable. Interiors need an update. And this is Neiman-Marcus? Hmmm..
- Great lunchPattyVIPDined on 9/6/2014I have eaten here many times and always enjoy my experience. The food, service and ambiance is great. I love all the special touches.Special Features:
- Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014We requested a table by the window and it was delightful! The popovers with the strawberry butter were sumptuous and the lobster club was outstanding, as usual--a favorite! Service is always excellent.Special Features:
- lunchlvtoeatVIPDined on 9/5/2014I went for lunch with a girlfriend, so much fun!!! Drank champagne and pop overs, both delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hard-to-please NY friends LOVED it!ToddVIPDined on 9/2/2014I had to impress my family's friends from NYC, who have a very high bar. They loved the old world charm and incredible scenic view of Union Square. They raved about the food (esp the popovers). And commented our waiter, Charlie, was as outstanding as any at the best restaurants in New York. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance wonderful.KarenDined on 8/31/2014Very disappointed withe the afternoon tea dessert selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 1999VIPDined on 8/30/2014Nice and Classy - Good polite and experienced staff makes it memorable...Special Features:
- The Rotunda at Neiman MarcusFoodaliciousVIPDined on 8/27/2014Great views of Union Square and nice menu. Food is good. Hostess at front desk needs a bit of an attitude adjustment. She was not friendly at all.Special Features:
- Lobster?FarmermeiDined on 8/24/2014We had the special lobster fettucini and the lobster was chopped so fine, we couldn't find it or taste it. There should have been moderately large lumps of lobster, not minced! There was an overwhelming taste of tarragon or some herb...too strong. We also had the ahi tuna salad. Had to ask for soy sauce to dip tuna in as it was tasteless...not seasoned correctly. Could have had larger pieces of avocado...too small and too few, but the mixed greens was fresh and very good.
- Great Lunch, service so soOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/23/2014Great girls lunch at NM Rotunda. Food was great, especially those popovers! Service was not as expected, waitress was nice, but it took her a good 15 minutes before she even came over to the table! It was my 3 daughter's first time to the Rotunda, and they made the comment that service was not very good, and they are teenagers! and hostess was new, and didn't even tell us the specials were on a separate menu. So unlike NM, but will give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic view and foodStevenDined on 8/22/2014Awesome view that is second to none. Great Pacific coast line andvery romantic. Fantastic food. Scallops were very tasty and I love the grilled peach and crab cake they offer. I'm not a big wine drinker but they have a fantastic wine list that I'm sure will go with everyone's taste. Service was not so good. The waiter we had was cold not we did not feel welcomed. Though, we didn't go there for service so we didn't mind as long as foods are good. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends and families, just don't give too much tips :)Special Features:
- S.F. Native GuyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The Rotunda is a true classic! A perfect blend of old San Francisco elegance and sophistication, with up-to-date food options for every palate.Special Features:
- butterflyDined on 8/21/2014Great experience with an elegant ambiance! Wait staff gave us excellent service.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING!JoniDined on 8/21/2014Not only is the setting and meal superb at The Rotunda, but our service was impeccable. Our waiter and service person were helpful, solicitous and gracious. Our table included old friends and we probably overstayed our table, but we were never hurried. In fact, the service person brought another round of popovers to take home. Since all of us experienced heavy traffic going home, the popovers either were eaten en route or given to grateful husbands.Special Features:
- Lunch + Fashion + View!JesssDined on 8/18/2014A girlfriend's favorite spot! I always treat myself and a girlfriend a few times a year to a special lunch in SF at the Rotunda! The food is spectacular, pricey but the whole experience is top notch! Who doesn't love to cascade up the escolator and see all the beautiful collections of current designers while headed to lunch & cocktails with a view. Jennifer is an excellent bar-tender by the way! The lobster Club is my personal fav and all the salads are great and light!Special Features:
- AFTERNOON TEAAnonymous333Dined on 8/17/2014Made reservations and requested accomodations which were confirmed the same day. Upon our arrival, seating was timely and they were able to adhere to my request for accomodations without any problems. Tea service was great! Food was yummy! We had a great time!!!Special Features:
- The Rotunda at Neiman MarcusfoodloverDined on 8/16/2014The Rotunda has one of the most spectacular views in Union Square. It is a beautiful restaurant and its elegance is matched by the food, beverages and service.Special Features:
- Good food but not the bestloveopentableDined on 8/15/2014The lobster bisque soup was to salty my son didn't eat half when he told me he doesn't want it anymore I tried it when I knew why. My Cesar salad was not so good as before and I wait 40 minutes for my main course after the soup an salad. We had Salmon, this time was to dry. The manager came to apologize for the delay just five minutes before the main course arrived. they didn't charge me for the soup and salad as apologies for the delay. TO BE HONEST I PREFER TO PAY THAN WAIT FOR TO LONG.Special Features:
- the sandwich bread as hard as rockNoclamsandotheringredientVIPDined on 8/15/2014If you want to eat the bread part of your sandwich make sure you tell the waiter that. Our bread was rock solid. After a long flight we were too hungry to send it back but it was rock hard. The lobster soup was delish but little on the salty side. Service - our waiter was very friendly and service was great but I didn't know what the fuss was about regarding the food.
- My lunch fail safeJoyBellVIPDined on 8/14/2014I love Neiman Marcus, however, I LOVE the Rotunda. The cocktail list is amazing and the lobster sandwhich is to die for. I take all of my outbid town guests here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.