The Rosseau JW Marriott - Teca Restaurant
1050 Paignton House Road
Muskoka Lakes, ON P0B 1G0Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Rosseau JW Marriott - Teca Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.therosseau.com/Teca-30.html
- Phone: 705-765-1900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mark Marchment
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Wine
A word from The Rosseau JW Marriott - Teca Restaurant
At Teca, we focus on simple, delicious Chef-crafted food made with the freshest ingredients. Sounds from the open kitchen and the aroma of the woodstone oven create the environment of a Italian family gathering. This is a place for great food, conversation, laughter with friends and loved ones. Group gatherings are elevated by the emphasis on family-style dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Rosseau JW Marriott - Teca Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Minett ›
The Rosseau JW Marriott - Teca Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (8)special occasion (7)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (6)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)neighborhood gem (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Great dining experienceHappy43rdDined on 9/11/2014It was our anniversary. The wine that the server suggested was perfect. The bread was just out of the oven and warm. Our dinner was cooked perfectly and tasted very good. The server was very tentative but not over bearing. The ambiance of the restaurant was warm and quaint. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeFoodiesDined on 9/1/2014Food came out cold. Called to ask for something to be done for my parents anniversary and they forgot to do it. Resturaunt was not busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dont goOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Unless you are under the age of 10 as your tastebuds arent developed so in that case, all good. Raw steak, pasta clumped together, tasteless, canned artichokes, huge clumps of sun dried tomatoes in the mashed potatoes. I could go on.Special Features:
- Good food, child running aroundDebbieDined on 8/22/2014Food was excellent, but we had a young child who continually ran back and forth past our table which became very annoying. Also the restaurant knew nothing about the 100 points e-mail note from open table requesting we confirm at the start of our dinner to get the points.Special Features:
- RobininMuskokaDined on 8/21/2014Nice Muskoka restaurant. We go there every year when staying at the Rosseau with our kids. It's a good restaurant if you are close by - not worth a long drive.Special Features:
- Great foodDisneycruiserDined on 8/15/2014Food was enjoyed by all! Restaurant is small so can get very loud when large groups are present (which we experienced each night we were there). Service is slow due to limited number of staff but service is overall friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Not enough staffDisneycruiserDined on 8/14/2014Venue is small which results in a very loud space with tables very close to one another. Service was very slow as there were large groups and not enough staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatFoodieTootieDined on 8/5/2014The food selection was limited and options were the usual Italian with some meals having a bit of a twist. I've had much better Italian for a lesser price (boy is it pricey for what you get, but then again this is the only option for "fine dining" on the resort.) The service was quite good and recommendations made were fairly on point with the exception of the wine and one pasta dish which were a little disappointing. I would recommend eating here if you get bored of the other resort restaurant and want to try something different and don't feel like stepping out of the resort area. Having to do again, we would definitely have tried a restaurant outside the resort as we heard there were good options withing a 15 minutes drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and not consistentfoodieDined on 8/4/2014The wait staff were good and worked hard to please. One meal of four was good, two were average and one was terrible. It was very busy and noisy--lots of children. It felt very frenetic. I would recommend the chicken parmesan and the naan bread.Special Features:
- Cottages betterRobfromMTLDined on 7/23/2014Stayed at the hotel for 3 amazing days. Ate at Cottages the first night and made reservations for Teca the next evening. Teca was supposed to be the nicer meal but we actually enjoyed Cottages much more. Service was great at both but the food at Teca wasn't to my expectations.
- JW Marriott?SteveBDined on 7/20/2014First of all they did not have any record of our Open table reservation but we still were able to get a table when we wanted it. We waited at the door for 5 minutes until a waiter finally saw us to seat us and then we waited another 10 minutes for a waiter to come and greet us and take a drink order. I had the pasta and meatballs which was good and presented nicely. My wife had the special of the evening which was ribeye steak. I have never seen a thinner steak than the one she got. She ordered it med rare and it came well done, hard to cook a steak the right way that is less than a 1/2" thick. The entire experience was very disappointing and we will probably never go back if we are in the area.
- disappointingadrianoDined on 7/19/2014We were here 2 years ago and the quality of the food was much better. Too many ingredients in the dishes. Very dissapointed
- A nice surpriseTorontoGamblersVIPDined on 7/17/2014I'll keep it simple, the food was great! Delicious risotto perfectly made and flavorful as my starter. I had the haddock/scallop special as my main and both were cooked perfectly. I was surprised that they had a kids menu with good options and quite frankly great value. The wait staff is friendly and young. The young part is relevant as they tend to get trapped in long conversations with guests and then service slows down. They haven't mastered friendly vs friends yet, but they were still all very nice from what I could tell, they just could be more attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PizzaN350zDined on 7/16/2014Family ordered pizza's as result of the onsite wood burning oven. Toppings in general were abundant… although the dough which was claimed to be home made tasted like a store bought pita. The true authentic dough is made using Naples famous Caputo flour and fresh yeast. Your better served taking the 25 minute drive to Bracebridge and order your Pizza’s from “All fired up”Special Features:
- Very nice! Too noisy.Food4healthDined on 6/28/2014The waitress was very attentive, until a large family sat beside us. Then she got very busy. Fast service, great food, although pricey. We ate early, but after 7:30, way too many families with kids, and too bloody noisy! It took about 20 minutes to find her to ask for the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesometlc333Dined on 6/23/2014Great good, great service and fun atmosphere. Loved the dessert presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 181 reviews are from the The Rosseau JW Marriott - Teca Restaurant reviews archive.
- Teca not that upbeat!FoodieDined on 5/11/2014We dined at Teca on our 2 night stay over a weekend and were increasingly disappointed with the lack of menu choices and the quality of the food given that it was an Italian restaurant. I have dined/had brunch/being to a café at a JW Marriott before & was sorely disappointed both at the décor, ambience and food at this restaurant. Not at all expected from a hotel chain of this caliber. Our kids ordered the kids menu, spaghetti & meatballs & pizza. The pizza was a joke.. I make better pizza at home (and I'm not even an expert at pizza's). The risotto I ordered had half cooked rice. Needless to say a waste of time & money and will never dine here again nor recommend to any other person. The only saving grace was the server Nitin.
- Mother's Day dinner for twoDeanDined on 5/10/2014Great food and service, nice ambience although hard to understand why they wouldn't have arranged to put this restaurant on the shores of Lake Rosseau with a beautiful view! (Many "locals" have said this over the years since Fowler built the Marriott.) Only disappointment is the level of noise. Surprised by the noise. Understandable given Mother's Day weekend, but wasn't expecting such a volume. Other than that, great food, and our waitress was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD TOO MANY INTERRUPTIONSmemoriesDined on 5/3/2014As much as we enjoyed the initial contacts with Teca's hostess and our two servers the what seemed to be constant interruptions by all of them and even some man whose out-of-place attire and all-too-friendly comportment made our late evening dinner less than pleasurable. The food was great but the incorrect food order, the "how's everything?" and or "your next course is coming right up" from each of the waitstaff and the hostess showed they did not communicate with each other to know we answered one then two of the them that we were quite content and in no rush. Lastly, our bill was presented without an offer of coffee. Must be new staff training time during low season.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014I loved my time at the hotel as well as Teca restaurant! I had sent an email making note that it was my boyfriend's 40th birthday which was why I booked Teca and he received a free bday dessert that was to die for! The staff were extremely friendly, from the host to our waitress. We can't wait to come back. Thank you for the great experience. LynetteSpecial Features:
- Food and Service is outstandingCookingUpTroubleDined on 4/30/2014One of the reason we choose to stay at this Marriott hotel is the restaurant Teca. While all the food at the hotel is good, Teca is outstanding! However, what good is great food without great service? The service at this restaurant is outstanding. Our family has so much fun laughing and interacting with the staff. They are very helpful and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food; Excellent serviceTandCDined on 4/29/2014It was our 25th wedding anniversary and Teca knew it and played up to it. They greeted us by saying "We've been waiting for you!", and soon after we were seated, we were served a complimentary glass of Champaign. Our server was friendly and enjoyable; actually, everyone who helped to serve us was friendly and engaging. We shared an appetizer, which they served as though we both ordered our own. Our main food dishes were excellent. After dinner, we finished with tea, and the restaurant served us with a platter of desserts with the words "Happy 25th Anniversary" scripted on the side of the dish. We felt like we were treated like the most important people in their world. A truly memorable evening. We will be back.Special Features:
- Excellent foodmev80Dined on 4/29/2014Excellent food and great service. The sweet potato stuffed ravioli was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ItOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Staying at the hotel for the winter games to watch our son compete, was also my wifes birthday. Went to Teca, greetings at the door were warm and friendly. Service was outstanding, food was really good and portion sizes were not small. Everyone had a real smile and treated my wife to a gteat birthday experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!FoodiegoodieDined on 2/24/2014Impressed with the atmosphere and service. Staff were friendly and helpful. The food was delicious!!! Cesar salad had too much dressing for our taste but good none the less. Pasta marscapone and the lobster ravioli were delicious. Best meal of our little vacation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was supurb...waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Service was supurb...waitress we had was simply excellent....(lives in Dwight) Great food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining experience!FinetodineDined on 2/13/2014Excellent service and food was fantastic!! Would absolutely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat CustomersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/11/2014We done at Teca every time we stay at the JW Marriott and love it every time. Food is amazing, service outstanding (thanks Barb!!) and they cater to you every need and make you feel welcome. We will be back again and again! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resturant was okcouplegetawayDined on 2/8/2014The restaurant was ok but wasn't my favorite. The food was ok but was just ordinary. The ceaser salad was messy and was just thrown together. I even got the end of the lettuce. For the price of the meal I do not think it meets our standards as nothing stood out. For being a 200.00 meal with only 1 glass of wine each it seemed pretty rich for what we got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had 2 meals here, first wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/30/2014Had 2 meals here, first was outstanding for both my husband and I. The second night we had the fish which was not good at all, tough etc, but they were excellent and changed my husbands and actually did not charge us for mine. I would definitely return here.Special Features:
- There are only 2 options atOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2014There are only 2 options at the resorts and this was the better of the two, but really nothing special at all, ok meal like something for a chain. The dishes were very heavy presentations is nice, but I'll give up presentation for great foodSpecial Features:
- Teca RestaurantLoveCookGourmetDined on 1/22/2014Very very pleasant waitress. My wife ordered goat cheese appetizer, was delivered at room temp., no flavour. Sent back. Both had calamari appetizers. Mine was hot, wife's was warm.sent back to heat up. Was absolutely delicious. (calamari rings, garlic, onion, caper berries). Main course ordered lamb, duck combination. Not spectacular, complete different flavours of duck breast & rack of lamb with same sauce. Found the duck dry and tough. When we talked about what we planned to order our Server had recommended the seafood pasta over the special offering. We decided to try the lamb/duck anyway. The only mistake that she made was reminding us that she said this when she asked us what we thought of it. We should always listen to your server...
- Great service and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2014Great service and atmosphere. Teca flatbread was delicious! Although portions were a good size entrees were very expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantEmilieDined on 1/18/2014My experience at Tecca was really great! The food was delicious and the service was great. The athmosphere of the restaurant is quite intimist.Special Features:
- Tasty with a little gritsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014The food we ordered was tasty but my scallops were sandy. I felt like I was chewing sand as I ate them which was unfortunate. The pasta was incredibly oily. I took 1/2 a portion home and after it's had a chance to sit, about 1/4 cup of oil sat at the bottom On my bowl.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Spot with Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/15/2014Enjoyed a quiet Wednesday evening at Teca. Food selection and ambiance was great. Food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over Priced but food goodTravellingFamilyDined on 12/31/2013Went for New Year's Eve dinner. Selection was good, went with NY Eve dinner menu. Food was good but price was a shocker... way over priced for what you get. Be prepared to spend $150 + per person including wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2013Courteous and friendly service, welcoming to families - which is hard to find in an upscale restaurant. Nice selection of dishes and accommodating to changes to sides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013The food is very tasty; I'm Italian so I'm very picky with "Italian food" and this restaurant gets a thumbs up for authentic Italian food. It is really nice inside, with an open kitchen and great ambience. The service was also great; very polite and friendly staff. However the winter menu is different from the one posted online; they have richer, smaller portions; so beware when ordering salad for a main meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian delightSharchinVIPDined on 12/24/2013The meal started with fresh, warm flatbread which we dipped in evoo and vinegar. For appetizers, we ordered a Caesar salad and a warm goat cheese salad. Both were generous portions and delicious. Our entrees of lamb were similarly generous and cooked as we desired. The accompanying roasted potatoes and crisp vegetables were complimented with jus. The server recommended the mochacino semifredo for dessert and it was scrumptious! Our waitress was very friendly and attentive. Overall, it was a lovely dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.