The Rosseau JW Marriott - Cottages Restaurant
1050 Paignton House Road
Muskoka Lakes, ON P0B 1G0Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
The Rosseau JW Marriott - Cottages Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.therosseau.com/Cottages-26.html
- Phone: 705-765-1900x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Shaun Crymble
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Relax with friends, family or a business meeting in your own private dining room, The Juddhaven Room at Cottages Restaurant. Conference phone, high-speed internet access and smoked-glass doors will allow privacy balanced with natural light from the Cottages windows. For a truly unique dining experience, arrange for our Chef to create a special menu for your guests in the Juddhaven Room.
A word from The Rosseau JW Marriott - Cottages Restaurant
Bright, welcoming and friendly - Cottages restaurant offers hearty selections made with the freshest and highest quality ingredients. Overlooking Lake Rosseau, this restaurant expands in summer to include a spectacular patio. True to its name, the environment at Cottages is reminiscent of spending time at the cottage with family and friends. Enjoy the work of local artists on display throughout the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Rosseau JW Marriott - Cottages Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Minett ›
The Rosseau JW Marriott - Cottages Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Could be cleaner and better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014When we were seated at our table we were taken to an area where we walked over peanut shells that were on the floor. No one came by while we were there to clean them up. The service was slow but only because there was one server on duty that night. Should have had two people to serve tables. Waited 45 minutes and still did not have dinner.Special Features:
- SplashVIPDined on 9/21/2014A bit shabby. Some chipped paint on walls. Dirty mirrors. Nothing spectacular on menu. A true hotel coffee shop.
- Great food as usualCDNTravelGuyDined on 9/19/2014Have been here several times. Food has always been very good. Great wine list. Service is good. Best on-resort restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to par for this resortOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014The best part of the meal was the buffet for kids. Great value and lots of variety for them as they could also pick from the adult buffet. For a la carte, service was slow and quality was not good. Curry noodle bowl was not good as the noodles were mushy and the dish was very bland including the shrimp. I ate here last year and the food was much better. Mussels were good but the portion was tiny. I was also surprised that for those that did not choose the buffet, there was no bread offered. Overall, disappointing.
- High prices/ so-so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Waitress had to be asked to bring salt & pepper, no jams, ketchup…not friendly at all - distinct contrast to the rest of staff at Rosseau. Did not ask how I wanted my eggs done - they were so undercooked even the whites were runny! Watery hash browns. BIG expense for mediocre (at best) food. Would not recommend - would not go back.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014Very kid centric. Avoid if you do not like the food. Had several meals lunch was just Ok Veggi burger musy no body. Unsatisfactory. The buffet food seemed better. good local muskoa beers. Stayed at the hotel service was poor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was good. Menu selection was limited,especially for guests staying at the hotel. Same menu for lunch and dinner.very over priced for the quality of food. Sever was great . View was spectacular !Special Features:
- Average family fareEatwellDined on 7/27/2014Restaurant was okay but not great. Suggest separate higher end adult dining area.Special Features:
- The following 79 reviews are from the The Rosseau JW Marriott - Cottages Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014We were celebrating our daughter's birthday, but the dinner at the Cottages was a big disappointment. We waited almost an hour and a half for our food and when it finally arrived, there were issues with 3 out of 4 entrees. The vegetarian curry lentil burger was under-cooked, bland-tasting and fell apart. The chicken schnitzel was soggy. The ravioli was good, but it would have been better if it wasn't Luke-warm. Two of three desserts were disappointing. The restaurant apologized and didn't charge us for appetizers or the burger, but we would not choose to eat there again.Special Features:
- Not good!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014Weekend out with friends.. this was not a great nor special dinner out. I had the crab cake appetizer (which was a lump of mush) and the thai noodles which were just a heap of cold noodles in an artificial-tasting asian dressing. The wine, company, and Jeff, (our server), were the only good things about this dinner.Special Features:
- Not a very cottage feel!FoodieDined on 5/10/2014We had buffet at this restaurant. Not value for money. Much better than Teca. Portions were good. If you have to choose between Teca & Cottages for dining, go with Cottages anytime.
- Not openmev80Dined on 4/30/2014I booked our reservation online but when we arrived, we were told that they were closed. No one had informed us ahead of time.
- will be back for sureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014The service was exceptional .. food was simply deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last timeGreatcityVIPDined on 4/5/2014Disappointed that they had run out of Prime Rib by 6:30 on a Saturday night, usually we look forward to this. Service was slow and server flustered. Screaming children added to the ambience. Some food on the Buffett was tired , some excellent. It is a lovely location, hopefully the service improves when summer staff arrives.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014My family and I had a very very good experience with this restaurant, everything was excellent ☺Special Features:
- ReservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2014We enjoyed cottages during our stay however the reason I gave the service a lower score is because our reservations were not honoured. We arrived at 630 to find out the entire restaurant was reserved for a large group and there was no staff around to ask questions or to let us know what was going on. Eventually an bar staff arrived and we ate at the bar, which was fine as it was just myself and husband, however not what we expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014great food, very fresh. Nice attention from the server (gave us little treat to celebrate our wedding anniveraty. Very quiet (only 4 couples in the restaurant) probably because of the time of the week and it is January.Special Features:
- Over PricedTravellingFamilyDined on 12/30/2013Over priced for what you get. Quality of food was so-so. Average rating at best. Noisy if all tables full of families. For JW hotel restaurant expected better food for the price. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No other optionMommaCheungDined on 12/26/2013Love staying up at the JW Marriott, but they really have to work on the food! At that price! It's really too bad!
- Good Food and Pleasant StaffZenTravelDined on 12/21/2013Upon arrival, we noticed a large spacious environment, where children were free to move around and a large fireplace a few step near the entrance.We were seated on the other side of a semi-divided pillar which had a large group with kids on the other side.It was a bit noisy but soon realized it was more a family oriented restaurant.After we ordered, it did take some time to receive our food.My husband and I were quite hungry, however, we had a lovely basket of warm bread with maple butter. It did calm our hunger while we waited.My husband ordered a pork tenderloin main dish, which he enjoyed thoroughly.I ordered a chicken burger which was very tasty and cooked perfectly.Overall we enjoyed the food but would suggest to have more wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intro - Guests to JW MarriottMuskoka2Dined on 9/16/2013The view is amazing! The staff are friendly and helpful! Our international guests loved it! The food was great! I recommend this hotel for all seasons!Special Features:
- Lacklustre in all respects!KeithandJillVIPDined on 8/22/2013Food quality and execution is mediocre. Typical complacency from a resort without comparable competition in the immediate area. Not worth the money but it is the only game in town.Special Features:
- Nice lunchHighlandCreekVIPDined on 8/12/2013We had a good lunch at Cottages restaurant. It wasn't extraordinary, just good. The outside dining area is lovely, but watch out for seagull footprints on your side dishes and cutlery. We were entertained by one gull stepping all over a preset table. We told the staff, and the girl laughed like we were kindly idiots and left. Finally we got the manager to take action.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Canada Day Date NightAMacDined on 7/1/2013My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our evening at The Rosseau JW Marriott. DInner was wonderful and the Canada Day fireworks that followed were the perfect finish to a great date night. The Rosseau JW Marriott is a beautiful place and the staff went above and beyond to make our evening perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The wait staff was excellentKaitiDined on 6/21/2013The wait staff was excellent - it is a multi purpose spot both great for families and the location can be romantic if you aren't sitting next to a big group. Our only critisim. The food selection was limited. No pasta and only one dish of chicken.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2013Food and service was awesome. Would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacular view/great prime ribOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013I've been to Cottages at the Rosseau on several occasions and I always have the prime rib. It is always very good and is served with delicious sides of fresh vegetables and scalloped potatos. The view is spectacular and the service very good.Special Features:
- Great service, very welcomingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2013Great service, very welcoming great view good food!Special Features:
- Warm atmosphere. Tasty food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/30/2013Breakfast buffet is very tasty. Homemade baked goods, prepared omelettes, fruits, etc. great dinner menu. The prime rib is delicious and cooked to perfection. Very hardy portions. Wait staff are very warm and attentive.Special Features:
- We went to Cottages for dinnerTorgirlDined on 3/16/2013We went to Cottages for dinner and then for breakfast the next morning. The dinner experience was pretty good but breakfast left much to be desired. We were there for an hour, after an hour line up to get in, it was indeed busy. The service was not great - no one came by to ask if we wanted a coffee top up, we had to stop someone to ask for it and then no one appeared with any coffee.Special Features:
- Great food, great service & viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/14/2013The food is as good as the view. Excellent. Expensive though.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our stay at the MarriottRaissaDined on 3/8/2013Enjoyed our stay at the Marriott Lake Rousseau. Cottages Restaurant on sight serves some tasty food, too bad they ran out of prime rib at 8:30pm. Was looking forward to it but the pork chop I had was still very nice. The combo of raisins, arugula and blueberry with the chop was a different take for the chop.Special Features:
- We went for a "50th." birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/18/2013We went for a "50th." birthday dinner. When we mentioned this to the waitress, she brought us a complimentary birthday plate full of goodies. It was a terrific evening. Waitress was extremely attentive to our needs and food was delicious. They make a great Bloody Caesar drink. Highly recommend Cottages. We are local and it is nice to have here in Muskoka.Special Features:
- A very good restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/15/2013A very good restaurant with a beautiful view of Lake Rosseau.Special Features:
- Was impressed with the easeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Was impressed with the ease of making a reservation via OpenTable. Was not overly thrilled with the level of service (I expected something more elegant, and more upselling involved). We waited nearly 45 mins after eating our appetizers for our main meal, and my steak was overcooked. Our server never once asked us how our meal was. We also could have used a refill on our bread basket, but it was never offered. Overall, I would eat there gain, as the food was tasty (and we were staying the night at the inn, so preferred to stay on the property for a meal), however, I would consider the other restaurant on the premised for dinner instead. I am sure the views are stunning when it's not pitch black outside too!
- We really enjoyed our mealsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012We really enjoyed our meals at Cottages. There was a minor mistake with an undercooked steak but they corrected the error right away, and gave us a discount to apologize. The service was extremely friendly and made sure we satisfied at all times. In addition the ambiance was nice and seasonal which added to our enjoyable visit.Special Features:
- Price is ridiculous for meh foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/30/2012For the price of the food, I was expecting better. The food came out lukewarm and tasted mediocre. I personally wouldn't eat here againSpecial Features:
- GREAT FOOD!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012The Cottages is an excelent restaurant. The Food is FANTASTIC. Cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- Great in Summer but Poor in Autumn!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2012We have been to Cottages numerous times and previously enjoyed everything about the restaurant and the resort. However,this Thanksgiving weekend was a complete disappointment! The waitress must have been either inexperienced or just not interested in being there. Service was horrible and completely inattentive.Special Features:
- The lake views are lovely.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2012The lake views are lovely. The service was excellent. The food was delicious, especially the desserts.Special Features: