1500 W Taylor Street
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
Little Italy / University Village
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 312-942-1117x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Friday: 11:00am - 11:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Francisco Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serving award-winning homemade Italian classics, delectable desserts and made-to-order specialty cakes by our renowned pastry chef, even the most demanding taste buds will be delighted by Rosebud's off-site catering services. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
- Private Party Facilities: Join us on Taylor Street to see why the name Rosebud has become synonymous with the celebration of fine Italian cuisine and superior wine selections. Enjoy signature Italian dishes ideal for sharing, like our famous stuffed mushrooms, chicken vesuvio and generous portions of our renowned pasta.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Lombardo 312-942-1117x
A word from The Rosebud
Renowned for generous portions of hospitality and authentic Italian cuisine, Rosebud sets the standard for fine Italian dining throughout the Chicago-land area. A long standing favorite among Chicagoans, tourists and celebrities alike, The Rosebud first opened its doors on Taylor Street in the heart of Little Italy in 1977. The restaurant continues to thrive, conquering appetites of countless hungry diners with generous portions of unforgettable Italian fare. Join us to see why Rosebud is one of Chicago’s most exciting dining destinations and enjoy a bountiful array of our signature dishes including chicken Vesuvio, sausage and peppers, and of course the best plate of spaghetti and meatballs in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
The Rosebud - Best Restaurants in Little Italy / University Village ›
The Rosebud reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (85)special occasion (58)romantic (52)good for groups (51)fit for foodies (49)notable wine list (30)great for outdoor dining (23)great for lunch (19)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (13)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/20/2014We had a delightful luncheon. The food was excellent and the service superb. We will come back.Special Features:
- RussDined on 10/19/2014Excellent as always. We love Rosebud on Taylor an dit never disappoints us.Special Features:
- Best waiter ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Patrick, our waiter was the best ever!The food was great. Large portions so we ordered a salad and appetizer. Rosebud scampi was excellent. House made tiramisu was also fantastic. The restaurant was crowded and a little noisy, not where you would go for an intimate evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ItalianrestaurantDined on 10/18/2014First off, I loved our waiter Patrick! Anyways the food was great as well as the other staff. Only bad side was that it was way too loud to have the romantic quiet night we wanted. We were seated literally a foot from another couple..felt like a double date. Other than that, I enjoyed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alway a winner!DonnaVIPDined on 10/18/2014Before a Black hawk or Bulls game you can't go wrong, great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Mediocre ExperiencelmillerDined on 10/18/2014Rosebud continues to drive me nuts. I want to love the place because of the quality of the food, which is outstanding. I don't think there's a bad item on the menu, and the chicken vesuvio is the best in Chicago. The problem is in the execution. We sat down and the table wobbles. Not the stick a sugar packet under it type, the pedestal is loose from the base. Next we get asked if we'd like drinks with no wine list offered. No specials card, so you're left to try to remember them. Next we get told any chicken dish is an hour wait, "maybe a little less". Which I appreciate, so we order pasta and a salmon dish, but they take 50 minutes as well. Both great dishes, but by this time we're aggravated enough it doesn't matter.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014We were looking for a casual Italian place and Rosebud hit the mark! The food was delicious, lots of vegetarian options, excellent service and a fun atmosphere. I would definitely recommend Rosebud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work dinneriliketoeatVIPDined on 10/14/20147 of us had dinner here while out of town on business. We were a bit of a handful to take care of but the wait staff was VERY patient with us!! Food was wonderful but note that the servings are humongous. Apps can easily be shared between three people unless you are unbelievably hungry. Recommend the eggplant appetizer and the veal parm. The desserts are enormous too. However, the chocolate cake is totally work the calories ... super chocolaty icing and cake and big enough to share among all 7 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Again!TheMadRussianDined on 10/12/2014As always, the food was fantastic ... like my Italian mother used to cook ... makes me think of home!Special Features:
- First VisitPsteinnhaDined on 10/11/2014We dined here in our first trip to Chicago and it was one of our best decisions. Service and food were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014The Rosebud is a classic. Joined family and friends for dinner on a Saturday night. Food was very good. And huge servings - enough to share! We were extremely pleased with everything. The only downfall was that we were seated at a table upstairs near the walkway and one of our table guests kept getting bumped into.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely delicious!ProudMomDined on 10/11/2014The food was delicious and they give you lots of it! Even though every seat was filled, the service was timely and attentive. One of our favorite places to eat in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OriginalwanderlustDined on 10/9/2014Good for large appetites and those looking for reasonable food prices. Found veal dishes swimming in sauce.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014I did not receive an email confirmation from Open Table when I made my reservation. I replied to a previous email requesting one but it never came through. Reservation was indeed held at Rosebud and we had a terrific dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food factoryfoodie57Dined on 10/3/2014We had a reservation with Open Table and were disappointed to be seated in the noisy, over-crowded and very cold bar area. It was cold because the front door opens to the bar. The Chicken Milianase was flavorless and greasy. The food arrived very quickly like a factory without any thought to preparation and seasoning. The restaurant offered a free coffee or dessert due to my dissatisfaction but I declined. They ultimately comped the entree which I appreciated. The Rosebud used to be a gem on Taylor Street but has turned into a "nothing special" over priced experience where the table turnover rate seems to be what matters.
- Traditional Italian2RymansDined on 9/28/2014If you are of Italian decent, this is the type of place you would bring your grandmother to. The best of traditional Italian food and atmosphere, with portions big enough to feed three normal people. Don't hesitate to share a dish with someone, you will have more than enough to fill both of your stomach's and maybe have room for the delicious desserts.Special Features:
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Always heard alot about this place, andit didn't disappoint. The patio dining gave a great view of the neighborhood, and the service was excellent. The penne with marinara was quite possibly the best I ever had and that was just the side to my chicken masala which was incredible. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABSOLUTELY NOT ITALIAN!ItalianVisitorDined on 9/21/2014The only real Italian thing was the water! Do I need to add something more? A meat dish with pasta on the bottom; a chicken floating into the tomato sauce; fried cold calamari and a $65 small lobster tail with a bit of risotto (not good, of course). The price was unknown until the bill arrived... An horrific experience! Stay away from this FAKE restaurant... fake Italian, fake restaurant. And the waiter said he's Italian, when he has the traditional Mexican face! And of course, he does not speak Italian at all!!! I am Italian, so I tried to talked to him in my language, but he said his father preferred to grow him up in English! Come on!!!!! I will never return there!Special Features:
- rosebudsisiDined on 9/20/2014I have eaten at Rosebuds many times over the years and the food is usually always good..large quantities. I just hope it doesn't start to become like the Olive Garden..the appetizers we ordered had that feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/20/2014I really enjoyed my dinner and the atmosphere at Rosebud! I believe it is a hidden gem and will definitely go back. First, the waiter was extremely knowledgable and friendly plus his recommendations made our meal and experience even more memorable! Food was hot and delicious!!!!Special Features:
- Rosebud still has ItJoeyKDined on 9/19/2014Traditional Italian which will never fail to please. Service was outstanding.I haven't been there in awhile but I plan on coming back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Servings are Huge!CookerDined on 9/18/2014Very good! I had the chicken Marsala and my wife had chicken parmigiana the serving we're huge we couldn't finish it. The service was very good, the ambiance is excellent we also had the fried calamari and house salad to start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth a visitGMG14VIPDined on 9/18/2014The food here is good, but only a few dishes are "stand-out" good so that's why I didn't rate it higher. On our last visit, my date felt his steak was a little tough. I had linguine with shrimp and broccoli which I enjoyed and thought was better than the average place. Dessert wasn't spectacular. If you're on a date, it's dark and romantic and the noise level is low. Overall, a good place with a gorgeous outdoor seating section, but not in my top 5.Special Features:
- Wonderfulxy000Dined on 9/16/2014Wonderful dining experience. I was so impressed with our server, he knew everything on the menu and described it well and even gave us extra choices. "We can cook it however you like." The chef's special was wonderful, as was the dessert. Coffee could've been a bit stronger. We would love to go back. Ambience was perfect.Special Features:
- still greatapplesandbananasDined on 9/12/2014So many Italian places come and good but Rosebud remains. The brick chicken is probably one of my favorite dishes of all time, the sausage and peppers are always perfect. This is a Chicago institution and deservedly so, don't be afraid to give it a shot just because it isn't the shiny new kid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!007dinesDined on 9/12/2014I went with a friend to Rosebud on Taylor street prior to the WNBA Finals at the UIC pavillion. Love the valet parking. The food is excellent. I had their specialty papardelle - large flat noodles in sauce, escarole and sausag. A perfect meal. One thing I would change though is that so many people came over to ask if everything was OK, that it kind of became annoying. I hate to say it, but there was too much good service. Otherwise, I would have given it 5 stars. If you want excellent Italian food though, this is a great place to go. Prices are reasonable too. Due to the weather, we were running late for our reservation. We called and they told us to come and dine and they would fit us in - and they did - right away.Special Features:
- American Italian doesn't disapointSueLivesLifeDined on 9/5/2014This classic Italian American restaurant never leaves you hungry or disappointed. The ambiance in old-style American Italian with rich wood and low lights. The food is large portion, heavy sauces, comforting and delicious. The wine list is good. Families are seen here frequently when we have dined at this establishment. We love this restaurant for it's comfortable style, food and neighborhood. We can always get a table without too long of a wait and the service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryVIPDined on 9/3/2014Very good, as always, although my husband thought the spaghetti and meat balls was a little "ordinary".Special Features:
- Good history and foodJRShopperDined on 8/26/2014Food was good but $20 for regular lasagna and no free refills on $2.50 glasses of coke was unexpected.Special Features:
- Very accommodating for groupsCLEfoodDined on 8/23/2014We originally had had a party of 11 but 3 cancelled at the last minute. Staff were very accommodating and welcoming. We ate upstairs which was less crowded and a good choice for a groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I took my family out for dinner at what i consider to be one of the best Italian Restaurants. There were 5 of us and I made a reservation for 6PM on Saturday using their website. When we arrived I said i made reservations for 6PM, the greeter looked for a minute, and then said she found my reservation for 6:45PM. It wasn't a problem and they seated us right away. (I did check my email the next day and it was for 6PM, not 6:45). The complaint i have about the night is the waiter will offer you soup or salad when you order your entre. This is NOT included with your meal. They are $6 each, so i paid $30 for lettuce...wow. I understand it is a pricey restaurant, but disclose that it is not included with the meal at least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experienceBrianDined on 8/23/2014There for a wedding anniversary and everything was great.Special Features:
- Outstandingmtoomey3Dined on 8/23/2014I would recommend this place to anyone. This place is a spectacular date spot with wonderful service and terrific food.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceFio1404Dined on 8/22/2014The Rosebud on Taylor has never diappointed me. It provides great food and service in a classic atmosphere...one of Chicago's gems!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanSusanDined on 8/22/2014Authentic southern Italian food, stuffed artichoke on the menu was delicious, a rare find. Pasta was tender, veal was fresh, and sauces were nice and simple.Special Features:
- Truly a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/21/2014I visit Chicago occasionally and always make time to stop at The Rosebud! It never disappoints! Classic italian cuisine!Special Features:
- Great food but....JoeTravelVIPDined on 8/16/2014I had a group of nine for dinner. The family style salad was excellent! All of the entree portions are plenty big except the chicken parm and lasagna. The chicken parm can easily serve a family of four and the lasagna is enough for two people. Just ask the wait staff for guidance as you will likely take home some "doggy" boxes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great night at Rosebud.LoveChicago1Dined on 8/15/2014Had the eggplant salad, veal chop, square noodles vodka sauce and Italian sorbet. All fantastic. Eddie our waiter was awesome too! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited Choice Menu'PassioneDined on 8/15/2014We went to Rosebud in Taylor for the Fish Soup,it was not in the menu,the choices were limited.On the title PASTA there was Eggplant Prmesan,I asked why was under Pasta and the waiter was sorprised by the question,went to check it and came saying that pasta was a side dish,I asked if the pasta was overcooked,he was not able to tell me.I ordered and it was overcooked.The Eggplant were nothing special,the pasta could not satisfy any Italian guest. My husband ordered Veal Milanese,it was mediocre and with pasta too.If the pasta dish is "al dente" can be delicious,if it is overcooked does not belong to any dish.My first experience few months ago was excellent,August 15 was very poor.Special Features:
- mikeVIPDined on 7/27/2014this is my favorite Italian restaurant in Chicago. Great food...and lot's of it but also great service and a very affordable price.Special Features: