1500 W Taylor Street
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
Little Italy / University Village
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 312-942-1117x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Friday: 11:00am - 11:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Francisco Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serving award-winning homemade Italian classics, delectable desserts and made-to-order specialty cakes by our renowned pastry chef, even the most demanding taste buds will be delighted by Rosebud's off-site catering services. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
- Private Party Facilities: Join us on Taylor Street to see why the name Rosebud has become synonymous with the celebration of fine Italian cuisine and superior wine selections. Enjoy signature Italian dishes ideal for sharing, like our famous stuffed mushrooms, chicken vesuvio and generous portions of our renowned pasta.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Lombardo 312-942-1117x
A word from The Rosebud
Renowned for generous portions of hospitality and authentic Italian cuisine, Rosebud sets the standard for fine Italian dining throughout the Chicago-land area. A long standing favorite among Chicagoans, tourists and celebrities alike, The Rosebud first opened its doors on Taylor Street in the heart of Little Italy in 1977. The restaurant continues to thrive, conquering appetites of countless hungry diners with generous portions of unforgettable Italian fare. Join us to see why Rosebud is one of Chicago’s most exciting dining destinations and enjoy a bountiful array of our signature dishes including chicken Vesuvio, sausage and peppers, and of course the best plate of spaghetti and meatballs in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
The Rosebud - Best Restaurants in Little Italy / University Village ›
The Rosebud reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (79)special occasion (72)good for groups (51)romantic (48)fit for foodies (47)great for outdoor dining (37)notable wine list (29)great for lunch (26)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (6)great for brunch (6)late-night find (5)Show More
- Good history and foodJRShopperDined on 8/26/2014Food was good but $20 for regular lasagna and no free refills on $2.50 glasses of coke was unexpected.Special Features:
- Very accommodating for groupsCLEfoodDined on 8/23/2014We originally had had a party of 11 but 3 cancelled at the last minute. Staff were very accommodating and welcoming. We ate upstairs which was less crowded and a good choice for a groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I took my family out for dinner at what i consider to be one of the best Italian Restaurants. There were 5 of us and I made a reservation for 6PM on Saturday using their website. When we arrived I said i made reservations for 6PM, the greeter looked for a minute, and then said she found my reservation for 6:45PM. It wasn't a problem and they seated us right away. (I did check my email the next day and it was for 6PM, not 6:45). The complaint i have about the night is the waiter will offer you soup or salad when you order your entre. This is NOT included with your meal. They are $6 each, so i paid $30 for lettuce...wow. I understand it is a pricey restaurant, but disclose that it is not included with the meal at least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experienceBrianDined on 8/23/2014There for a wedding anniversary and everything was great.Special Features:
- Outstandingmtoomey3Dined on 8/23/2014I would recommend this place to anyone. This place is a spectacular date spot with wonderful service and terrific food.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceFio1404Dined on 8/22/2014The Rosebud on Taylor has never diappointed me. It provides great food and service in a classic atmosphere...one of Chicago's gems!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanSusanDined on 8/22/2014Authentic southern Italian food, stuffed artichoke on the menu was delicious, a rare find. Pasta was tender, veal was fresh, and sauces were nice and simple.Special Features:
- Truly a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/21/2014I visit Chicago occasionally and always make time to stop at The Rosebud! It never disappoints! Classic italian cuisine!Special Features:
- Top notch serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/19/2014Class A service. We had a hard time getting the other couple in at our scheduled reservation and the server was very accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but....JoeTravelVIPDined on 8/16/2014I had a group of nine for dinner. The family style salad was excellent! All of the entree portions are plenty big except the chicken parm and lasagna. The chicken parm can easily serve a family of four and the lasagna is enough for two people. Just ask the wait staff for guidance as you will likely take home some "doggy" boxes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great night at Rosebud.LoveChicago1Dined on 8/15/2014Had the eggplant salad, veal chop, square noodles vodka sauce and Italian sorbet. All fantastic. Eddie our waiter was awesome too! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited Choice Menu'PassioneDined on 8/15/2014We went to Rosebud in Taylor for the Fish Soup,it was not in the menu,the choices were limited.On the title PASTA there was Eggplant Prmesan,I asked why was under Pasta and the waiter was sorprised by the question,went to check it and came saying that pasta was a side dish,I asked if the pasta was overcooked,he was not able to tell me.I ordered and it was overcooked.The Eggplant were nothing special,the pasta could not satisfy any Italian guest. My husband ordered Veal Milanese,it was mediocre and with pasta too.If the pasta dish is "al dente" can be delicious,if it is overcooked does not belong to any dish.My first experience few months ago was excellent,August 15 was very poor.Special Features:
- mikeVIPDined on 7/27/2014this is my favorite Italian restaurant in Chicago. Great food...and lot's of it but also great service and a very affordable price.Special Features:
- great italian diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014some of the best italian food in the city...and suburbs. our waiter was personable and funny.Special Features:
- Great!JojoDined on 7/26/2014We loved everything. Only part you might consider good or bad was portion size - portions were huge! We asked about portion sizes and the server dis not say how big they were. One of us chose fish and asked if it was a large dish and she said "no, its on the smaller side" - it was enough for 2 people! For us, we might have wanted to split our dish instead of taking 1/2 home. Oh well - it WAS delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningALC0719Dined on 7/26/2014We met 4 friends for dinner at rosebud and sat outside. From start to finish this was a perfect evening. Our server Amanda was great and helpful throughout the evening. We started with mussels and spicy calamari. Both were delicious. We also tried the whitefish which was enormous in both size and flavor. My husband had the veal chop parmigiana which was a special. That was also a huge portion and delicious. The food came at good intervals allowing us to enjoy our appetizers and conversation too. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Italian MealBrianDined on 7/26/2014Great dinner. There to celebrate my mother's birthday and everything was great. Good good, friendly servers, mad good value.Special Features:
- Iconic classicAlexevonDined on 7/25/2014Great food and great service. Our server Patrick is lights out. Rosebud on Taylor is my favorite Italian restaurant in the city hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The food here was nothing short of Amazing. Extremely friendly staff. Just a great overall experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, efficient service.DiningDivaDined on 7/23/2014My waiter recommended special was an excellent choice. Food was well presented and portions were generous. Delicious.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceKralindaDined on 7/21/2014We went to Rosebud on a friend's recommendation, awesome service and the best Chilian Sea Bass (special) that I ever had. You definitely need to do valet as parking is limited.Special Features:
- Proposal DinnerRpittyDined on 7/19/2014I came here with a group of family and friends to celebrate proposing to my girlfriend. The service here was amazing given that we had a table of 10. Our waiter was spot on with everything. The food was made to everyone's liking and we ended up ordering four bottles of wine. I would recommend this place to all!!!Special Features:
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2014They have amazing fish dishes. My favorite is the whitefish with crabmeat. Just wish they would do a vegetable lasagna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchesPamIAmVIPDined on 7/16/2014We had a table for 9 as part of a client meeting. The food was great, the atmosphere was quiet and we were all able to enjoy our conversation without yelling or disturbing the tables around us.Special Features:
- Delicious food in the old hoodKimMDined on 7/12/2014There are lots of places to eat great Italian in Chicago - several Rosebud's for that matter. But it's a treat to go back to Little Italy and eat at the original. We parked a couple blocks east and walked down Taylor. There were a couple old houses and on one of them a couple of women in their 80's were sitting on the stoop watching the world go by. They've probably been there since the 1930's. The veal parm and the rigatoni with vodka sauce were delicious. And just as good the next night when we had our plentiful leftovers. Our server was a throwback, too. Wonderfully attentive, without being intrusive. I bet she's lived around there all her life, too.Special Features:
- Excellent choice of restaurantitchicDined on 7/12/2014Rosebud is one of the best resturants, their food is superb and the service is great, very friendly atomosphere and a lovely resturant surroundings.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday with my nephews!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014I took my young adult nephews here as we were celebrating a birthday among them. The food was delicious - I had the crab-stuffed whitefish - and the portions were very generous. Everyone enjoyed their meal and had some to take home. Our server was very courteous and explained the preparation of all the dishes we had a question on. This is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicePoorDined on 7/9/2014Server unfriendly, support staff brought out food and left it sit on tray for minutes before waiter served.Special Features:
- Terrific MealsSheilaBVIPDined on 7/7/2014The minestrone soup - I knew I had enjoyed it when I was at Rosebud several years ago, however this soup was not anything I remembered- it was beyond anything I could have expected. I knew that it had made a deep impression as I drove home thinking I would include that soup in my last meal. It was outstanding. The salad was fresh and crisp, my friend totally enjoyed her chicken and talked during the meal about the exemplary quality of the simply and perfectly prepared pasta dressed in fragrant olive oil. It was a wonderful, comfortable evening in a relaxed environment - and Tony was a terrific waiter.Special Features:
- Outdoor early dinnerKathleenVIPDined on 7/4/2014We went with another couple to cebrate a birthday. We say outside on a street side patio. It was really enjoyable. Good was great. Particularly enjoyed the chopped salad (big enough to share at table of 4).and the 8 finger cavatelli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertaining friendsDiningOutDined on 6/29/2014I had friends in from out of town and they wanted good Italian food. My first thought was Rosebud. Everyone was happy with what they chose to order. They were very well satisfied with the food and service, and left feeling very full. My only complaint is that there are no explanations on the menu for certain items that a person may not be familiar with. For instance, the cavatelli. I know what cavatelli is but I wouldn't have known that it came with green beans, mushrooms and red pepper if I didn't ask my server what the title on the menu meant. By the way, I ordered it and it was DELICIOUS. I'm so happy that I chose to bring my friends here.Special Features:
- Just wonderfulBab314VIPDined on 6/28/2014We drove from Elmhurst because we heard this place was good and we were not disappointed. Food was delicious and our server Vetta was a gem. I had the brick chicken....Amazing....We also had the stuffed artichoke which was to die for and the Melrose stuffed peppers OMG! We were a party of 5 and they did a great job.Special Features:
- Italian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014I grew up in the most Italian of neighborhoods and the food at Rosebud is excellent. You can order anything - among the top 3 Italian restaurants in Chicago. Get there.Special Features:
- Great for business dinnerDave2UnUDined on 6/26/2014Classy, friendly restaurant with tasty menu: thoughtful choice for business meals. Ordered Eggplant Salad, which was both elegant and delicious in every way: layer of breaded eggplant, covered with thin layer of mozzarella, under layer of tomatoes (not runny), topped with baby spinach. Unlike any salad I've ever had before--had to be sliced with a dinner-knife to bite sizes. All favors came together. Ample portion; satisfying; not too-heavy. Our table and lighting were good; decor understated, so I didn't need to defend my restaurant choice. Service was solid throughout dinner without being intrusive. Made a reservation through Open Table; scheduled it slightly-early (before dinner-crowd rush, which was a wise choice).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a bad experienceBinaDined on 6/20/2014There were not many people there that night but the 3 men that were sitting near us were loud and obnoxious and used the F bomb every other word. The Veal was not up to Par at all. We really just wrapped it up and took it home because we didn't want to make trouble and the management seem to know the loud mouths and didn't say anything to them. Been going there over 30 years but don't intend to really go back again.Special Features:
- Always a hit!PookieDined on 6/19/2014You can never go wrong eating at Rosebud. Whether it's lunch or dinner, the food, service, and ambience are consistently fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMrMilanoDined on 6/16/2014I went to the Rosebud with my girlfriend and we had outstanding service. We sat outside and had the chicken bracciola (recommended by our server). The food is the best in the world. I have been coming to this restaurant with my family for years and always love taking the opportunity to celebrate a special occasion at this world class Italian restaurant. I will continue to return to the Rosebud for as long as I live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day at RosebudborntodineDined on 6/15/2014Excellent dining experience at Rosebud. We arrived early and sat at the bar for a drink before our other guest arrived. We noticed what seemed like some regular diners which is always a good sign. Bartender was very friendly and accommodating. We sat down for dinner at very cozy window table which made is seem like you were eating at home, in your own kitchen or dining room. Our server was very knowledgeable and friendly but it did take a while just for the bread and drinks to arrive. We had an excellent round of appetizers -- spicy calamari and shrimp de johnge. YUMMY! One of our party could not decide between two pasta sauces so they mixed them up for her! Love when ordering "off the menu" is not a big deal. Will be back soon...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enormous amountOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014Opentable and Rosebud was great for flexibility of reservation last minute. Great service. I asked if we have eveything family style. There was enormous amount food for six ppl! All was good too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFoodguyDined on 6/10/2014Food, service, everything was great! Looking forward to checking out their other locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.