1500 W Taylor Street
Chicago, IL 60607Neighborhood:
Little Italy / University Village
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rosebudrestaurants.com/
- Phone: 312-942-1117x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:30pm, Friday: 11:00am - 11:30pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Francisco Rodriguez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Serving award-winning homemade Italian classics, delectable desserts and made-to-order specialty cakes by our renowned pastry chef, even the most demanding taste buds will be delighted by Rosebud's off-site catering services. For more information or to consult with an event coordinator, call (773) 325-9700.
- Private Party Facilities: Join us on Taylor Street to see why the name Rosebud has become synonymous with the celebration of fine Italian cuisine and superior wine selections. Enjoy signature Italian dishes ideal for sharing, like our famous stuffed mushrooms, chicken vesuvio and generous portions of our renowned pasta.
- Private Party Contact: Nick Lombardo 312-942-1117x
A word from The Rosebud
Renowned for generous portions of hospitality and authentic Italian cuisine, Rosebud sets the standard for fine Italian dining throughout the Chicago-land area. A long standing favorite among Chicagoans, tourists and celebrities alike, The Rosebud first opened its doors on Taylor Street in the heart of Little Italy in 1977. The restaurant continues to thrive, conquering appetites of countless hungry diners with generous portions of unforgettable Italian fare. Join us to see why Rosebud is one of Chicago’s most exciting dining destinations and enjoy a bountiful array of our signature dishes including chicken Vesuvio, sausage and peppers, and of course the best plate of spaghetti and meatballs in town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
The Rosebud - Best Restaurants in Little Italy / University Village ›
The Rosebud reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (70)special occasion (56)romantic (47)good for groups (40)fit for foodies (40)great for outdoor dining (25)notable wine list (22)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (8)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014Always heard alot about this place, andit didn't disappoint. The patio dining gave a great view of the neighborhood, and the service was excellent. The penne with marinara was quite possibly the best I ever had and that was just the side to my chicken masala which was incredible. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ABSOLUTELY NOT ITALIAN!ItalianVisitorDined on 9/21/2014The only real Italian thing was the water! Do I need to add something more? A meat dish with pasta on the bottom; a chicken floating into the tomato sauce; fried cold calamari and a $65 small lobster tail with a bit of risotto (not good, of course). The price was unknown until the bill arrived... An horrific experience! Stay away from this FAKE restaurant... fake Italian, fake restaurant. And the waiter said he's Italian, when he has the traditional Mexican face! And of course, he does not speak Italian at all!!! I am Italian, so I tried to talked to him in my language, but he said his father preferred to grow him up in English! Come on!!!!! I will never return there!Special Features:
- rosebudsisiDined on 9/20/2014I have eaten at Rosebuds many times over the years and the food is usually always good..large quantities. I just hope it doesn't start to become like the Olive Garden..the appetizers we ordered had that feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/20/2014I really enjoyed my dinner and the atmosphere at Rosebud! I believe it is a hidden gem and will definitely go back. First, the waiter was extremely knowledgable and friendly plus his recommendations made our meal and experience even more memorable! Food was hot and delicious!!!!Special Features:
- Rosebud still has ItJoeyKDined on 9/19/2014Traditional Italian which will never fail to please. Service was outstanding.I haven't been there in awhile but I plan on coming back more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Servings are Huge!CookerDined on 9/18/2014Very good! I had the chicken Marsala and my wife had chicken parmigiana the serving we're huge we couldn't finish it. The service was very good, the ambiance is excellent we also had the fried calamari and house salad to start.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth a visitGMG14Dined on 9/18/2014The food here is good, but only a few dishes are "stand-out" good so that's why I didn't rate it higher. On our last visit, my date felt his steak was a little tough. I had linguine with shrimp and broccoli which I enjoyed and thought was better than the average place. Dessert wasn't spectacular. If you're on a date, it's dark and romantic and the noise level is low. Overall, a good place with a gorgeous outdoor seating section, but not in my top 5.Special Features:
- Wonderfulxy000Dined on 9/16/2014Wonderful dining experience. I was so impressed with our server, he knew everything on the menu and described it well and even gave us extra choices. "We can cook it however you like." The chef's special was wonderful, as was the dessert. Coffee could've been a bit stronger. We would love to go back. Ambience was perfect.Special Features:
- still greatapplesandbananasDined on 9/12/2014So many Italian places come and good but Rosebud remains. The brick chicken is probably one of my favorite dishes of all time, the sausage and peppers are always perfect. This is a Chicago institution and deservedly so, don't be afraid to give it a shot just because it isn't the shiny new kid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!007dinesDined on 9/12/2014I went with a friend to Rosebud on Taylor street prior to the WNBA Finals at the UIC pavillion. Love the valet parking. The food is excellent. I had their specialty papardelle - large flat noodles in sauce, escarole and sausag. A perfect meal. One thing I would change though is that so many people came over to ask if everything was OK, that it kind of became annoying. I hate to say it, but there was too much good service. Otherwise, I would have given it 5 stars. If you want excellent Italian food though, this is a great place to go. Prices are reasonable too. Due to the weather, we were running late for our reservation. We called and they told us to come and dine and they would fit us in - and they did - right away.Special Features:
- American Italian doesn't disapointSueLivesLifeDined on 9/5/2014This classic Italian American restaurant never leaves you hungry or disappointed. The ambiance in old-style American Italian with rich wood and low lights. The food is large portion, heavy sauces, comforting and delicious. The wine list is good. Families are seen here frequently when we have dined at this establishment. We love this restaurant for it's comfortable style, food and neighborhood. We can always get a table without too long of a wait and the service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryVIPDined on 9/3/2014Very good, as always, although my husband thought the spaghetti and meat balls was a little "ordinary".Special Features:
- Good history and foodJRShopperDined on 8/26/2014Food was good but $20 for regular lasagna and no free refills on $2.50 glasses of coke was unexpected.Special Features:
- Very accommodating for groupsCLEfoodDined on 8/23/2014We originally had had a party of 11 but 3 cancelled at the last minute. Staff were very accommodating and welcoming. We ate upstairs which was less crowded and a good choice for a groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I took my family out for dinner at what i consider to be one of the best Italian Restaurants. There were 5 of us and I made a reservation for 6PM on Saturday using their website. When we arrived I said i made reservations for 6PM, the greeter looked for a minute, and then said she found my reservation for 6:45PM. It wasn't a problem and they seated us right away. (I did check my email the next day and it was for 6PM, not 6:45). The complaint i have about the night is the waiter will offer you soup or salad when you order your entre. This is NOT included with your meal. They are $6 each, so i paid $30 for lettuce...wow. I understand it is a pricey restaurant, but disclose that it is not included with the meal at least.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining experienceBrianDined on 8/23/2014There for a wedding anniversary and everything was great.Special Features:
- Outstandingmtoomey3Dined on 8/23/2014I would recommend this place to anyone. This place is a spectacular date spot with wonderful service and terrific food.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceFio1404Dined on 8/22/2014The Rosebud on Taylor has never diappointed me. It provides great food and service in a classic atmosphere...one of Chicago's gems!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanSusanDined on 8/22/2014Authentic southern Italian food, stuffed artichoke on the menu was delicious, a rare find. Pasta was tender, veal was fresh, and sauces were nice and simple.Special Features:
- Truly a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/21/2014I visit Chicago occasionally and always make time to stop at The Rosebud! It never disappoints! Classic italian cuisine!Special Features:
- Top notch serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/19/2014Class A service. We had a hard time getting the other couple in at our scheduled reservation and the server was very accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but....JoeTravelVIPDined on 8/16/2014I had a group of nine for dinner. The family style salad was excellent! All of the entree portions are plenty big except the chicken parm and lasagna. The chicken parm can easily serve a family of four and the lasagna is enough for two people. Just ask the wait staff for guidance as you will likely take home some "doggy" boxes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great night at Rosebud.LoveChicago1Dined on 8/15/2014Had the eggplant salad, veal chop, square noodles vodka sauce and Italian sorbet. All fantastic. Eddie our waiter was awesome too! We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited Choice Menu'PassioneDined on 8/15/2014We went to Rosebud in Taylor for the Fish Soup,it was not in the menu,the choices were limited.On the title PASTA there was Eggplant Prmesan,I asked why was under Pasta and the waiter was sorprised by the question,went to check it and came saying that pasta was a side dish,I asked if the pasta was overcooked,he was not able to tell me.I ordered and it was overcooked.The Eggplant were nothing special,the pasta could not satisfy any Italian guest. My husband ordered Veal Milanese,it was mediocre and with pasta too.If the pasta dish is "al dente" can be delicious,if it is overcooked does not belong to any dish.My first experience few months ago was excellent,August 15 was very poor.Special Features:
- mikeVIPDined on 7/27/2014this is my favorite Italian restaurant in Chicago. Great food...and lot's of it but also great service and a very affordable price.Special Features:
- great italian diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014some of the best italian food in the city...and suburbs. our waiter was personable and funny.Special Features:
- Great!JojoDined on 7/26/2014We loved everything. Only part you might consider good or bad was portion size - portions were huge! We asked about portion sizes and the server dis not say how big they were. One of us chose fish and asked if it was a large dish and she said "no, its on the smaller side" - it was enough for 2 people! For us, we might have wanted to split our dish instead of taking 1/2 home. Oh well - it WAS delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect eveningALC0719Dined on 7/26/2014We met 4 friends for dinner at rosebud and sat outside. From start to finish this was a perfect evening. Our server Amanda was great and helpful throughout the evening. We started with mussels and spicy calamari. Both were delicious. We also tried the whitefish which was enormous in both size and flavor. My husband had the veal chop parmigiana which was a special. That was also a huge portion and delicious. The food came at good intervals allowing us to enjoy our appetizers and conversation too. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Italian MealBrianDined on 7/26/2014Great dinner. There to celebrate my mother's birthday and everything was great. Good good, friendly servers, mad good value.Special Features:
- Iconic classicAlexevonDined on 7/25/2014Great food and great service. Our server Patrick is lights out. Rosebud on Taylor is my favorite Italian restaurant in the city hands down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The food here was nothing short of Amazing. Extremely friendly staff. Just a great overall experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, efficient service.DiningDivaDined on 7/23/2014My waiter recommended special was an excellent choice. Food was well presented and portions were generous. Delicious.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceKralindaDined on 7/21/2014We went to Rosebud on a friend's recommendation, awesome service and the best Chilian Sea Bass (special) that I ever had. You definitely need to do valet as parking is limited.Special Features:
- Proposal DinnerRpittyDined on 7/19/2014I came here with a group of family and friends to celebrate proposing to my girlfriend. The service here was amazing given that we had a table of 10. Our waiter was spot on with everything. The food was made to everyone's liking and we ended up ordering four bottles of wine. I would recommend this place to all!!!Special Features:
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/17/2014They have amazing fish dishes. My favorite is the whitefish with crabmeat. Just wish they would do a vegetable lasagna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunchesPamIAmVIPDined on 7/16/2014We had a table for 9 as part of a client meeting. The food was great, the atmosphere was quiet and we were all able to enjoy our conversation without yelling or disturbing the tables around us.Special Features:
- Delicious food in the old hoodKimMDined on 7/12/2014There are lots of places to eat great Italian in Chicago - several Rosebud's for that matter. But it's a treat to go back to Little Italy and eat at the original. We parked a couple blocks east and walked down Taylor. There were a couple old houses and on one of them a couple of women in their 80's were sitting on the stoop watching the world go by. They've probably been there since the 1930's. The veal parm and the rigatoni with vodka sauce were delicious. And just as good the next night when we had our plentiful leftovers. Our server was a throwback, too. Wonderfully attentive, without being intrusive. I bet she's lived around there all her life, too.Special Features:
- Excellent choice of restaurantitchicDined on 7/12/2014Rosebud is one of the best resturants, their food is superb and the service is great, very friendly atomosphere and a lovely resturant surroundings.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday with my nephews!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014I took my young adult nephews here as we were celebrating a birthday among them. The food was delicious - I had the crab-stuffed whitefish - and the portions were very generous. Everyone enjoyed their meal and had some to take home. Our server was very courteous and explained the preparation of all the dishes we had a question on. This is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicePoorDined on 7/9/2014Server unfriendly, support staff brought out food and left it sit on tray for minutes before waiter served.Special Features: