The Rooftop by Gordon Ramsay at The London
1020 N. San Vicente Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
The Rooftop by Gordon Ramsay at The London
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thelondonwesthollywood.com/
- Phone: 3103587788
- Hours of Operation:
All-Day Dining: Daily, 11 am – 4pm.
Bar: Daily until 10pm .
Reservations are Required, subject to availability
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Anthony Keene
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, View
- Private Party Facilities: For large parties and our private events, please email our Private Dining Manager, Andrew Donovan
- Private Party Contact: Andrew Donovan 3103587711
A word from The Rooftop by Gordon Ramsay at The London
The Rooftop by Gordon Ramsay offers delectable al fresco dining amid panoramic views and idyllic California weather. Under the direction of Executive Chef Anthony Keene, enjoy seasonal cuisine and approachable service at this rooftop oasis. Now open daily for all-day dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Rooftop by Gordon Ramsay at The London reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance2.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (3)Show More
- not good in servicejackyDined on 7/20/2014i and my friends don't like their services, forgot our water, wait for longgggggggggg time for food and desertSpecial Features:
- Dinner at RooftopAdrianVIPDined on 7/17/2014I was hoping to impress two business associates with some rooftop dining. What we got was awful food and bad service parked on some artifical turf. I ordered the dineLA menu and got the steak. It was quite easily the worst piece of meat I've ever encountered. I ordered medium-rae and got a piece of rubber! Flavorless and tepid. Obviously the dine-LA menu was not appreciated by the Rooftop and no effort was made to make it seem otherwise. Two thirds of the way through my ceasar salad the main courses were brought out and shoved on the table. Without even being asked the waiter pulled my salad from under me! I ordered Peroni beer which were $7 on the menu and I was charged $8. I could go on...Special Features:
- The following 171 reviews are from the The Rooftop by Gordon Ramsay at The London reviews archive.
- Big tips restaurantyumyumVIPDined on 11/12/2013The portions were too small. Not too many selections in the menu. The only thing attracted us was the scenery. When we got the bills. the server told us 20% of gratuity already added to the bills. We were a little surprised about it. It was not listed in the menu that we will be charged 20% gratuity and also we are only party of 2. We didn't get a superior service. I have never get charged 20% gratuity ever. Even when I went to a very nice high class restaurants, they only charged 18% gratuity. Did the restaurant's servers get pay enough? We are wondering if the restaurant's owner know about this. Just have to let people know what to expect from your bills. So don't order expensive wine because you will be charged 20% gratuity.Special Features:
- Better on TVAderfyDined on 11/11/2013We came to this restaurant to try the beef wellington. It was good but we realized it is a little different then the one made on the TV shows. still amazing! it seemed they were understaff a bit and our reservation was mixed up with the rooftop and downstairs. they quickly fixed and were on our way. towards the end of the meal waiting staff was slow but kind.Special Features:
- Great viewLuv2dineVIPDined on 9/29/2013The view was great, the food and service not so much!Special Features:
- Gordon Ramsey needs Gordon RamseyLarryMVIPDined on 9/26/2013No better candidate for a Ramsey intervention than his own restaurant on the rooftop of The London hotel just off the Sunset Strip. The food was hit and miss. We shared the cold seafood platter to start. It came on an overflowing bed of ice with decent oysters, crab claws and some of the largest shrimp I've ever seen. My eyes looked to those shrimp with great anticipation only to be tragically disappointed that they were not just a little over cooked but hard like rocks. I know that chilled and iced shrimp will harden and tighten but this was not an issue of temperature but of very poor preparation. Wow, poorly prepared boiled or steamed shrimp. How much more basic and easy can it get? Main course of Bronzino fillet were perfect.
- Great View But DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/21/2013I've been to the London before, but this time was disappointing. Although the view was nice, the service was quite subpar. Our server rarely came by, and we'd long be ready to move on to the next course by the time she finally checked on us. When I received the lobster roll, it was quite small for a $17 price tag. Then we had to hunt her down and ask for a dessert menu, she said the kitchen was already closed. Wouldn't it have been appropriate for our server to let us know about last call and ask us if we'd like anything before the kitchen closes? To add insult to injury, a 20% mandatory tip was included in our bill although we didn't receive the service to warrant that kind of tip. I'll think again next time anyone brings up going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was way over pricedManana71Dined on 9/16/2013The food was way over priced for what we ordered..our bill was $108.00 for two burgers and a little plate with 10 olives and two pieces of bread..our drinks were horrible..the place was really nice and had great views but I would not recommend it to anyone as a dining experience..our bill should've been half the price..very disappointed
- Excellent serviceMilkieVIPDined on 9/13/2013The service we got on fri night was excellent, I'm just sorry I didn't get the guy's name. The girl was really attentive too, brought me a blanket cuz it was getting cold. Our main guy was very friendly, made us felt welcomed and gave us enough space and never made us felt like we had to hurry and order or anything. I made the reservation through open table and he checked us in right away. It was late and we were the last party, but not once did he made us felt like he wanted us to leave so he can get off work. He was courteous, warm, and so friendly and sweet. He even brought over a heat lamp because it was cold. Love the atmosphere and the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasion spotMk742Dined on 9/12/2013Wanted a romantic anniversary spot to take my wife to and found this gem. Will definitely go back, the food, the view, the service all where to the top just like the restaurant itself is. Thank you for the wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terribly small portions forEatinginmtlVIPDined on 9/3/2013Terribly small portions for the price. Had the lobster roll that which tasted nice but again - bite size portions which was not what you'd expect for this sort of roll... Would not go out of my way for this place.Special Features:
- Booked the wrong restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2013Be careful if you type in GORDON RAMSEY on Open Table. I mistakenly booked THE ROOFTOP by GORDON RAMSEY instead of just plain GORDON RAMSEY-West Hollywood. THE ROOFTOP is just that - poolside table service with a couple salads and a few entrees. While I'm sure this is lovely for hotel guests, my wife and I were expecting an actual restaurant. My bad, true, but clarification (i.e. This is a poolside snack bar) would have been helpful.
- I think I was expecting somethingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2013I think I was expecting something different so I was disappointed - I didn't realize I would be actually dining poolside. the food was good. would I go again, probably not.Special Features:
- Beautiful, but disappointing.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2013The rooftop is beautiful with nice seating areas and a fire pit, but I was really put off by the fact that our $15 cocktails were served in disposable plastic cups. There was also a wedding taking place in the area where the rooftop restaurant seating usually is, so there were just a few tables next to the pool. We were sort of hoping for a nicer dinner and the fact that they took reservations and it's called "The Rooftop by Gordon Ramsay" lead me to expect a little more than just pool food. Our food was good, just not very interesting. The wine "list" was also very limited with just 5 or 6 wines by the glass (at $15+ per glass). I'd say I would go back to sit and have drinks, but the plastic cups kind of ruin that experience.Special Features:
- Romantic atmospherebaghdadtsiDined on 8/23/2013Not busy or crowded which makes it perfect for dates and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a let down after havingRingLeader1VIPDined on 8/23/2013What a let down after having dined at his other restaurant downstairs! An under dressed Caesar salad, a way over priced charcuterie plate, and a very tiny, but from what I am told, good lobster roll. The drinks were just ok, the view is lovely and the servers were very nice, but we cannot recommend dining here, nor would we go back to the rooftop.
- ShockedTonyDined on 8/5/2013I can't believe that Gordon Ramsey lends his name to this establishment. If you enjoy your cocktail arriving in a plastic Solo cup, your wine being served in a heavily water spotted plastic wine glass, and you're in the mood for a bacon wrapped hot dog, then this is the place for you.Special Features:
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2013The name "Gordon Ramsey" attracted me to make this reservation. My plate was very good, my wife's was poor. The service was ok and the view is very nice.Special Features:
- Fan of Gordon RamseyFoodieWannabeDined on 7/26/2013We just love his show, and have to give it a try. The whole dining experience is superb and the weather adds up it. We'll come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Value and AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2013The restaurant week menu was an outstanding value and left us wanting to come back for the ffod and the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for DineLA lunch, itoenophileVIPDined on 7/24/2013Went for DineLA lunch, it was fabulous and well worth the money!Special Features:
- Nice lunchItsameminaDined on 7/22/2013I went there with 2 of my friends. The server was nice to take back an ice latte that wasn't tasteful. Timing was good overall except that we took some time to finish. A little surprised that the restaurant would add gratuity for a party of three but maybe that's just how it is over there. Highlight was probably desert. The yogurt and berries was delicious and the toffee desert was perfect for my friend who has an extreme sweet tooth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week at The RooftopHammyVIPDined on 7/21/2013What makes for a perfect Sunday afternoon? A 3 course lunch for $25 dollars on a rooftop with a view of West Hollywood and a pitcher of Stella Artois! Lobster Roll—left me longing for a whole Sammy! Hanger Steak—worth paying $25 for this alone. Delicious steak and at grown up portions. My only complaint is the butter knife I was given to cut it with, but given the proximity to the pool I can let it slide. Sticky Toffee Pudding--officially one of the top 10 deserts of my life and most certainly the best Sticky Toffee Pudding in the city. I will be back for this one Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceWendiVIPDined on 7/21/2013Came here for lunch on a Sunday for dineLA Summer 2013. The menu was amazing! So yummy and great service. View wasn't too bad either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cheap quality gimicky restaurantAnonDined on 7/20/2013Came here for lunch on Saturday in the middle of summer. There were not enough umbrellas for every table so we had to sit in the direct sunlight. Actually got a sunburn all over my back and shoulders from sitting directly in the sun for an hour in the middle of the day. We had a reservation--it's not like they didn't know we were coming. They did, at least, bring us lots of water, otherwise it would have been unbearably hot to sit there. Food was mediocre. Automatically adding 20% tip for a 2 person party? Tacky. Deceptively placing this service charge in fine print on the bill, so that an unobservant customer could end up giving you a 36% tip? Even more tacky.
- End of ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2013Throughout the whole time dining at the Rooftop, I enjoyed how our water cups were being refilled. As time progressed, the weather was slowly heating up. Towards our last course, dessert, in between waiting for the bill and eating, they stopped refilling our water. With the weather warming up more, I was getting thirsty with the mix of heat and flavorful dessert. Even at the end after we paid, we still did not get any water. Other than that, food, the view, and service was good.Special Features:
- Rooftop lunch spot...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/20/2013Beautiful views, great food and laid back ambiance. Perfect for brunch or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and nice drinkstessDined on 7/19/2013I went to this place for LA Restaurant Week, and made a reservation to late lunch. When I arrived, the hostess told me that the lunch menu for RW was only in certain hours at the day. I'm sure they have to establish rules, but would be better to announce it on Restaurant Week page. Besides, I had a great time, and I'm planning to go back, next time for a happy hour or dinner. The view must be even more pleasant at night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- senic view with food to matchbruceVIPDined on 7/19/2013We've been to Gordon's before, but this was the first time on the Rooftop. The service was good, the food was great and pacing was good as well, We asked for additional bread for the stack (it had lots of juices and sauce I didn't want to miss it). Since this was DineLA and prix fixe they charged for it, which they wouldn't ordinarily do.And the sticky toffee pudding was to die for it is supremely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and great foodYummersDined on 7/19/2013We went to the rooftop for dineLA lunch. We had the charcuterie, lobster roll, sea bass, Kobe hot dog, and sticky toffee pudding. All the food was great but the sea bass was exceptional. I love sticky toffee pudding from the Fat Cow and this one was almost as good but a little on the sweet side for me compared to the Fat Cow. It's a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere overlooking the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food at the rooftop wasQwertyDined on 7/16/2013The food at the rooftop was amazing, and the view was unbelievable. It's crazy to think this oasis is in the middle of a somewhat crazy street off of sunset. The only problem were all the hidden extra fees that went along with the meal: an automatic 20% service charge and $10 for valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rooftop with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2013Food quality and presentation was excellent coupled with an excellent view of LA from the rooftop of the London hotel. Attentive staff made the lunch enjoyable. Gluten-free options are available and were prepared and served error free. Fruit drink presentation is among the best anywhere.Special Features:
- So much potential here, butOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/11/2013So much potential here, but they blow it with weak staff (why would they be any good when the 20% gratuity is built in...even for a party of two?) very small $15 glasses of wine, and decor that looks like it was thrown together with garage sale outdoor furniture? The SoHo House folks should take this place over and show them what could be done. This place could be a gold mine, but until then do not waste your time or money.Special Features:
- DisappointedGlamazeVIPDined on 5/26/2013I'll keep it short & simple. Food was ok. Service was slow. We had to wait so long in between iced tea refills that we asked for them to just leave a pitcher at the table-they then charged us $18 for it on top of charging us an additional $18 for 3 iced teas. On top of us having to look for the waiting staff to ask for everything from silverware to plates to refills they had the audacity to include 20% gratuity for a party of 3. This place needs to get it together. Was so disappointed. The menu is very limited with not many options. Only positives: Atmosphere is great. Beautiful view from the rooftop.Special Features:
- Great view view, poor food and servOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/18/2013The view from this rooftop snack bar is great. the food is just a snack bar for the pool of the hotel, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The food and service are very poor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It would be great to haveemmeliefVIPDined on 5/15/2013It would be great to have more healthy vegetarian options available on the menuSpecial Features:
- Great Food - Ambience needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/12/2013This could be a phenomenal place. The food at the Mother's Day brunch was excellent, albeit a bit pricey. The ambience though needs work. The view on the roof is exceptional, but the flooring is astroturf, and the surrounding roof is all stucco. I would suggest a more garden style rooftop ambience, with more plants and definitely rethink the flooring and rework the stucco paint on nearby walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- easter brunch on the London rooftopMichaelColbyVIPDined on 3/31/2013had heard a mixed bag of reviews/comments about the dining at the London. Although it was a bit pricey, and the buffet selections were not expansive the food was was quite nice and top caliber, the view was stellar and the service was relaxed and attentive. It made for a relaxing, enjoyable easter brunch with an inspiring view of LA from the ocean to downtown, from Century City to the south bay to downtown, facing the Hollywood hills above Sunset. I'm sure I'll be be back. I rather liked the look of the hotel that looked and felt like a boutique hotel in Knightsbridge or or Mayfair. I miss the original "boxwood cafe" in the Berkeley Hotel in Knightsbridge. The rooftop reminded me of the ambiance of the W hotel in WestwoodSpecial Features:
- This isn't a restaurant, it'sOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/24/2013This isn't a restaurant, it's a pool with a pool bar menu with a fancy named slapped on it.Special Features:
- Awesome food and view! JustOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/3/2013Awesome food and view! Just wish the service was a little better but I guess it's the best they can do at a pool side environment. Servers were very polite and friendly but slow… Definitely a place we’ll go again and again.Special Features: